Old 07-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #106  

Default New to thread

Hello All:

I have been reading the thread and thought I would join in. I have 100+ to lose and I am just starting to get motivated.

I work in an office, but have had serious back pain and have had to work from home lying on my floor completely inactive for awhile. That was not good for my overall health. Now that I am mobile again and the doctor's are saying to walk everyday I have to learn to be healthy all over again. I was never really good at it in the first place!! Hopefully this time around I can do a more complete job of it!!

My goal is 100# in 50 weeks. I have lost 0 so far. Tomorrow is my first day of actually tracking my meals/snacks and exercise.

Have a great 4th!
Margiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #107  

Hello everyone,
Well, I have been lurking on this site for a while now but today I decided I wanted to join. I have a lot of weight to lose and it makes me so mad to know I could be at my goal weight by now. I started WW back in 2001 and lost over 60 pounds...I was well on my way to a healthy lifestyle. Then we moved to Michigan and the cold weather set in and the pounds started to creep back up. I am now at the highest I have EVER weighed. I gained back all 60 pounds plus an extra 20 I am tired of being fat!!! I have 2 kids and a wonderful husband. I am afraid if I don't do something I will miss out on all the fun I could be having with them. We just moved down to Florida in May so now I am even more motivated to get skinny. I refuse to be the beached whale at the beach.
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #108  

Teddybear welcome like yourself I'm tired of being overweight. I'm not particular about counting calories, but I'm going to give fitday.com a try in hopes that I can see where I need to improve. Hopefully, I'll find what works for me.

Last edited by Healthy; 07-05-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #109  
Life is a cabaret

Good morning everyone! A big welcome to Teddybear and Margiann!

Kathy - I got myself all muddled up. Sorry for the confusion!

Healthy - thanks for the compliment. I must, however, hand that credit over to my mother My weightloss? Well, I am doing Medifast. I started it on Wednesday and today I hit my 10# mark. I'm so excited! I have a long way to go but if I squint real hard I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't find the diet hard at all. I just drink 5 shakes a day and that's it. No hunger, no cooking, no preparation and no fussing. I couldn't ask for more. They have other meal replacements too (chili, oatmeal, bars, etc.) but I opted for just shakes this first month because I'm trying to break some very old and nasty habits with food. Moderation has never worked for me due to some emotional issues with food. The ole take out one cookie and the rest come out stapled together kind of thing. But this way, I have no choice. I either drink my shake (which are good!) or I go without (which isn't good). So.. I drink my shakes.

If you want to check out what it's all about, go to www.medifast1.com. I'm sure it isn't for everyone, but it's been around for over 20 years and has the stamp of approval from Johns Hopkins University Medical staff.

Anyway, how is everyone this day after the 4th? I'm feeling well rested and kind of annoyed that my break was so boring. I didn't even have to drive to see the fireworks! I stood out on the waterfront and saw three shows from there. It was cheap and nice, but it would have been nice to go out with people too. I just need to meet some.

Take care and I'll drop back by in a bit!

~Alisha
HourglassLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:09 AM   #110  

Default Hello Buddies

Good morning all!!!

Okay so I was a no show all weekend I want to wish you all a late happy 4th I hope you all had a safe and fun weekend.

WELCOME ALL NEW BUDDIES I hope you will find this site as helpfull as I do If it were not for everyone here I would have given up ages ago. I owe you all my life(no Lie) if there is anything I can do please just ask I am always here for all of you.

Okay OKay so I was EXTREAMILY NAughty this weekend I totaly fell of the wagon but I am taking in all your advise and not stress but to just kick it back up hard this week.... I feel bad however I think I needed it I just hope I did not do any extream damage I dident eat too much but I did and a few drinks and chips and dip and a hotdog.. thinking about it makes me angry now but STILL NOT GONNA STRESS...( okay so maybe alittle) ...lol As far as the gym I missed 2 day but went yesterday. I sorry if I let any of you down because of my weakness.

My sister was still a this weekend and bascally told me everything is gonna come down and Ill fall on my face and will always be fat!!!! i just walked away before i hit her in her damn head..

As far as my neighbor... OMG he is very hot so I went to sears at the mall to get a croket(sp) set and HE WORKS IN THAT DEPT!!!!! boy was I suspried so My mother.. she asked him over for a BBQ Sunday night (he dident show ) But that night I light fireworks for my Nephew and he came out with a friend to watch.. LAST night he came over to chat real quick and I could barley speak I just want to grab him and kiss him..lol I know a bit physco but i get the feeling that he probably doesnt like me and thinks Im odd he doesnt talk to me very much or maybe he is just shy he doesnt have a problem talking to my mom he comes in and see her at work.... Just dont understand why he acts like i have some desise(sp) I dont know i was just so hopeing he would aske me out or something it drives me crazy Maybe when the weight comes off more.

Well I better get to work you all have a great day

Hugs
VIana
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #111  

Default New Day

I had forgotten how tough it was to try to be precise in what I eat. I feel good that so far I have succeeded in not eating off my plan, but I can't count the number of times I have gotten up to get something to eat only to remind myself that I should wait for my meal or snack. My plan is to eat every three hours so this really should not be that long of a wait!

I know this is my first day back at trying to control what I eat instead of eating whenever. Does it get easier?

Vianacox - I have a sister who sounds very similar to yours. I am impressed you were able to walk away. It shows remarkable restraint.

Have a great day!
Margiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #112  
Life is a cabaret

Talking

Aww Vi don't stress! So you fell off the wagon a bit - who cares? You'll get right back on and I'm sure you didn't do any massive damage. Everyone is allowed a cheat now and again.

I'm sorry that the meeting between you and that guy didn't turn out the way you'd hoped but you know what? You're a lovely, beautiful person and if he can't see that, then he isn't worth your time. After my little 4 year fiasco, I'm done on the man front for awhile. I don't mean that in a 'lets bash the men' kind of way - I just mean that I'm sick to death of catering to someone elses needs and/or wants. This diet is about me and that's all that matters to me right now. I have to do this and I just don't want someone getting in the way. I figure that when the time is right, I'll meet someone who can value me for me and I'll have enough spine by then to NOT settle for a change. Sure I miss having someone around to talk to and that, so I just play with my cats instead. They don't cause me nearly as much grief!

Just hang in there and concentrate on doing what you need to get to the size you want to be. And don't worry about your sister. I'd just stop talking to her about it altogether. I mean no offence, but you are your own judge and jury - not her and not anyone else. I think you're doing very well and she should be ashamed of herself for behaving in such a manner. I guess sometimes when someone is jealous, they try to break the person down to make themselves feel better. I'd just carry on with what you're doing and show her what you can do! You CAN do this and you're worth it. Before you know it you'll be on and then you can have the pleasure of strutting around her in your brand new, barely there bikini!

You CAN do it, and we're here to help.

~Alisha
HourglassLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #113  

Okay, I did rather well yesterday. I had to increase my potassium intake because of some medication that I was taking that affects electrolytes and potassium level. So I ate a banana, yogurts, and orange juice. I logged my food intake on fitday.com and total calories was 1900. I'm not sure if that is good or not. Maybe I should be trying to remain around 1200 calories a day inorder to lose these pounds. Does anyone have any idea?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #114  
9.95 + S & H

Good morning everyone!

Wow! We just keep growing and growing! Welcome Margiann and teddybear We're here for whatever support you may need. And Margiann, it DOES get easier, it just takes time... lots of time. Don't give up even when it seems too tough. Get a hold of one of us, that's what we're here for.

Vi- You're so funny with your neighbor! Just relax around him and don't worry about what he feels. Enjoy looking at him and talking to him without the pressure of "what's he thinking now". You never know what will happen, and maybe he is just a shy kinda guy. Good job on walking away from your mean sister, you deserve to be treated better than that. And way to go for not getting to stressed about the eating this weekend. That's all in the past, just keep your head up and do good today. You CAN do it!

Hey Alisha! on the pounds dropping! You have WAY more will power than I do, I need some solid food to eat. I'm really glad you found a way to do this that you're comfortable with.

I am so tired after last night! I really do need about 9 hours sleep a night and I only got 7, I know boo hoo! I'll take an nap this afternoon then exercise after that. I've been really good with my working out, but my legs are still a little tired after Sunday's torture, so I think I may work my upper-body later. I'm a getting discouraged though. I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I've gained 5 pounds. Not exactly what I was looking for. No, it's not TOM, and I really doubt I've gained muscle. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I guess it's time to start to journal everything I eat and see where I can make some improvements.

Anyway, you all have a great day!
Kathy
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #115  

Exclamation ohhh, boy!!

To say that I fell off the wagon this past weekend is like calling Texas a little plot of land!
But I'm ok now because I am back home! The problem with this indulgence is that I was with my best friend doing what we always do...eating for recreation! I love to eat and have a good time and unfortunatley, those two things go hand in hand with her!

It's my mom! This is the way me and my sisters were brought up. I feel like a party pooper if I don't join in (because I really did want to indulge this weekend) and she can't usually keep up with my walking so we could at lease walk it off. (she is obese too)

But this weekend was a little different because I had a cyst growing behind my knee and didn't know it. I was the one having a hard time keeping up with her! The weekend ended up with her taking me to the emergency room because we were convinced I had blood clots growing in my leg. My father was just diagnosed with the same thing and is now on a blood thinner. It scared the heck outta me. PLUS they made me get weighed! I thought I was around 350. I was wrong!

ok, so before this becomes a novel let me just tell you that as far as this website goes...I am here for the long haul. I have no choice.

I am glad to see new faces on the board and look forward to getting to know all of you.
~hugs~

Last edited by Nickie623; 07-05-2005 at 02:07 PM. Reason: type-o
Nickie623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #116  

Smile Never gets easy

Oh Boy our group is getting so big!!!!! Thats great

Alisha~ Congrats on the weight loss, Keep up the great work, Im glad that is working for you. I may check out that website to see if that plan may work for me. Thank you for you support, I agree about my sister Wont she be suprised when im one Sexy Hot Chick She maybe will come around but if she doesnt that is not my problem so

Kathy~ Thanks so much for the kind words. as for the cutie across the street Ill give him time, My dad thinks he is shy and kinda likes me since when he sees my mom at work he asks about me or brings me into the convo. I just feel like that little guy on South Park that when his crush talks to him he and pukes..LOL I dont know I feel like im in highschool again.

Nickie~ Keep your head up girl, things will be better believe me I know

All this is alot harder then i was thinking it would be but I am so thankful I have all of you Thank you

Hugs
Viana
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #117  

Alisha, my old principal has done well over the years with Medifast. The last time that I saw her she had kept the weight off. I have irritable bowel syndrome and hypoglycemia so I have to becareful about what and when I eat. So that is my dilemma right now in trying to find the right woe that will be healthy. I'm still leaning towards the South Beach Diet, but a vegeterian form of the SBC. Lately meats just repulse me (yuck). I'm still doing my research, but in the meanwhile I'm practicing more portion control.

Go Alisha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #118  

It's 5:22 p.m. and my total calories for today has been 993 according to fitday. How is everyone doing?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #119  

Default I was just wondering-

Do any of you go to support groups like "overeaters anonymous"? I have been thinking about it. I don't know if I wan to be that open with this compulsive eating problem I have, you know?
Nickie623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #120  

Hi again....thanks for the warm welcome. I am trying hard this time to get motivated. I went to the grocery store today to try to get some diet friendly food for me to eat. I like to have diet snacks and stuff so I am not tempted to eat the snacks I buy for my 2 kids. It is hard being the only fat person in the house I have been drinking a ton of water and following the WW plan to a T. Now if I could just get my butt out the door and walk I would be good to go. I have a hard time getting motivated to go walking because it is so hot outside. I know that once I start walking every day I will feel better, but it is just hard to get myself started. I also really want to prove to my husband that I AM going to do it and actually make it to my goal. I have a LONG LONG way to go. Finding this site was like finding a gold mine. I really think I am going to like coming to this site. Everyone seems so supportive.
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote