Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #46  
Doing it right....

Default YAY for weighing again....

OK, so I was soo discouraged Thursday because I had lost 4 then gained 2...well I was at Curves this am and weighed in...I was down another 2 from the original 4 lost. I guess the scale shouldn't make me that happy, but at least for the moment I feel like I am getting somewhere LOL! See, Vi...I deal with that too!
amypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Ok, I got on the scale this morning and it is 3 pounds down...Yea, but, I went to a local festival last night and ate what I wanted. Not as much as I usually would...1 slice pizza, nachos, watermelon, but my fear is that the scale is on delayed register...that tomorrow or Monday it will EXPLODE to reflect the pounds I have to have reaped from the festival food. I wll be so bummed if I have to move my ticker back.

Amypa, I too did weigh down many years ago. I found it really opened my awareness for when I am hungry or satisfied. Even after all these years, I say to myself "approaching full" as to not keep mindlessly shoving food in my mouth.
Lynne
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #48  
Doing it right....

K, tchrnow...just be happy with what you have and start making good choices now. that is all you can do...right?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #49  
I will do it!

Default Everyone Is Welcome To This Support Group!!!!

HI GANG!!!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA-I've been doing ok.

Got a little bit more busier than my doing nothing days.

I did do 3 days at Curves! Yeah!

(that's from my son-he saw me and wanted to add it....hence this will a short post....)

I'll be up early tomorrow so I will post away!!!!!

LOVE YOU GALS!!!!!!!

KEEP IT UP!
Did you schedule your dates for next week?
debsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 PM   #50  
9.95 + S & H

Good evening everyone!

This has been day 4 of my vacation and it's very weird not to worry about what day it is, what has to be done, or even what time it is! I don't even look at the clock until my stomach starts growling then I know it's time to eat, and honestly that's the most important time, right!

My husband is leaving to visit his mom on Wednesday for 10 days. He's only going about 3000 miles away so I get the house to MYSELF. No kids, no husband, no nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss him, but holy crap! I haven't had any alone time in 5 YEARS!

I plan on staying on track and being extra good because I won't buy any bad stuff for him to eat, or go out to dinner by myself. Plus we have 3 dogs so that means 3 walks a day on top of my workouts. So I'm going to be a walkin' fool!

Welcome to all the new people here! We all can use all the help we can get.

Right now, I'm going to bed, to sleep in, because I don't have to work tomorrow.

TTYL!
Kathy
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 AM   #51  
I will do it!

Amy and Lynne-WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy-I can totally relate to the not knowing what time/day it is. It has been like for me since the beginning of June. Last week was the first week that I had to be somewhere at a certain time! Enjoy the time! AHHHH 10 days alone! I like just getting a few hours! LOL

Amy and Lynne-I use to get on the scale every chance I got. It actually got to the point where I asked dh to hide it and only take it out once a week. I’ve settled a bit on the scale now. I’m not going to get upset about the numbers……..ie…..yesterday I got on-UGH the number was WEIGH HIGH! Two minutes later-I lost 7 pds! I am going to go by the numbers at Curves. I weigh in once a month. I think my month is coming up again. I’ve been doing ok

Amy-teachers rock! LOL……I’m getting a bit nervous about teaching 3rd—I told my new team member…I should have stayed in 5th! She said NO WAY!!!! (she’s looping with her 2nd grade class to 3rd-we’ll be the only 3rd grade teachers on the first floor-and we are next to eachother)

I’ve never done the Weigh Down. I do know that my body needs fresh foods-veggies, fruits and some proteins. It craves WATER.

Nathan had his first formal swim lesson today. He did great. He actually has been doing awesome in the water. He is swimming underwater (not that graceful-but he’s under and moving forward!). There are a total of 6 kids-we might get another one. It’s not one-on-one…but that’s ok. We went to the pool on Sat. and Sun. It is suppose to rain later today so we are staying in-it is HOT! We’ll probably go to the pool on Tuesday and Wed.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

debs
Old 06-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #52  
I will do it!

Default Date Time!

WHEN ARE YOUR DATES THIS WEEK??????!!!!

Ok ladies........get your calendars out......get ready to mark your dates for this week.

Debs
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
I should be able to go to Curves every day this week. Three days is a must. I will aim for all five! WOW.....I can do it!

What about you? What/when are you planning on your exercise dates? Post to let us know!

Happy Dating!
Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #53  

Default mONDAY mORNING

GOOD MONDAY MORNING ALL~

I hope you all had a good weekend, mine was okay I had to miss they Gym on SAturday however I worked out yesterday 2hrs and 45 min to make up for it. I did eat out Saturday with my sister but had baja fresh so it was okay for me but Im trying not to stress about it. Today make 1 month that I have been on my new way of life and my weight this morining is down 14lbs it was 16 however Im going by what you all say and all that up to muscle or that im PMSing ( i know TMI) Anyway still no love from my sister when we went out Saturday she told me I will fall on my face and that I wont get to where I plan that made me sooo damn mad I just cant believe it and she said that because Im always at the gym I am not seeing my Nephew and am being a bad aunt How can she say that I see him every weekend I cant help it if I work 10 and a half hrs aday and then work out for an hour and half every day I mean how often am i suspose to see my nephew????? what if i lived in a different state????? im so angry i could just spit nails I told here well u said after i get out of the gym its to late to come see zach and she denied that she said that.

anyway moving on~

I am so happy for all of you guys you all are working so hard you give me hope and faith that Im not alone and that I can do this!!! if any of you need anything please ask

Have a great day
Viana
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:01 PM   #54  
Doing it right....

I worked out at Curves this am...I am planning on going Mon, Tues., Thurs., and Sat. so I won't miss for the 4th.

I made my children walk to the library today, so we could all get exercise and some good reading material. ( I didn't tell them that, I told them it would be fun ) We walked another half a block to get water ice at Rita's. One of my students gave me gift certs. for end of year. We got a kids size, and I can't find the nutrition info for that...if any of you know. I figured that walking with the kids somewhere they had been begging to go was a good way to get them moving and save some $ on gas. I think we at least walked off our Rita's

Really working out for 1.5 hrs a day? Man...I wish I had the time, VI. And BTW...I have 6 nieces and nephews and I am lucky to see them 4 times a year, so don't stress. Just use your sister's annoyance as inspiration to prove her wrong on all counts. Grr...that would make me angry too!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #55  

Thumbs up getting up the courage to speak...

Hi everyone

I am Nickie. I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids ages 10 and 6.
I'm not going to tell you how many diets I have been on or how depressed I have been regarding my weight. I'm sure there is nothing I could say about myself that you all haven't already said.
I WILL say this though. If I don't go thru with this lifestyle change this time...
Do you remember the movie "what's eating Gilbert Grape" I am not far from that point. I am 5'8" tall and, in the past, have always been able to carry extra weight without any problems. Now my feet are swollen, my legs hurt and the floors in my house creak when I walk around. The last time I weighed myself it was close to 350lbs. I know I have gained more since.

I'm not asking for anyone to feel bad for the pains I have talked about, I just need to announce to myself and to anyone listening that this is it. It's not about how fast I lose this-It's about doing this without a doctor having to rearrange my organs in order to stop me from eating.

I know there are a lot of believers in this type of surgery but it is not for me. Death isn't for me either, which is why I am taking control. I don't believe in Bullemia or eating nothing but grapefruit for months. I believe I have found what works for me-being a big girl with an oversize appetitie and no energy because of that.

You're not going to hear a drum-roll when I tell you that I am now on a low carb diet. The bad carbs I was eating was slowwwwwing me down in a big way. I'm a strong girl, I can carry this weight-but not when I have white carbs inside my body. That is all I have gotton rid of. It's been 2 days.
Would you believe that I am not tired anymore? It's ok if you don't.
It's my first milestone down this long road of mine.

Thank you for listening...and for being here.
Nickie623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #56  

Default Any Michigan members?

I live in the Metro Detroit area. I would love to have a walking buddy sometime!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #57  

Default Welcome Nickie

Welcome to the group Nickie

This is a GREAT group, My name is Vi and I am happy to hear that its time to change, I am at that point also its been a very hard long battle and its just starting however with these great buddies I have made from this group its easy to go to the next day. Please if you need anything please just ask.

I know its easyer said than done but just take it day by day (I dont even do this..lol ) But its the best I am slowly trying to live by that but I want it all off now.. I need to loose 125lbs and im down 14 as of this morning and its so hard to keep my mind on tract, are you also starting a workout plan? I find that the low fat and low cal thing is working for me I am also taking trim spa (so not working ) how ANNA Nichole did it Ill never know...

Anyway I wish you the best keep up the good work
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #58  
Doing it right....

Hi, NIckie! Good for you...We will be here working on this thing together. Your kiddoes are about the same age as mine...I am sure that they keep you hopping. I am trying to become healthy without drastic measures too. It is amazing how eating right has a way of pepping up your energy!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #59  

Default Hello Vi and Amy!!!

Thank you for the encouragement. I So appreciate it!

I am 37 and have been fighting this battle since my early teens. Everything else in my life has been great. I have a loving (and gorgeous) husband who proposed to me in 1992 at a weight of 250lbs. I knew he was in this for the long haul, you know??

I am doing some non impact excersises at home until my legs are stronger. After that, I'm hitting the pool. I am a swimmer. Was on the team in school, competed and all of that. My 20th yr class reunion is next summer. I did not go to the 10th because I knew the reaction would be too much to bear. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Congratulations on the 14 lbs, Vi! WOOO-HOOOOO!

Amy...Do they keep me hopping? If it weren't for my kids, I wouldn't have half the determination I have now. I am truly blessed.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #60  
I will do it!

Default Hellooooooooooooooooo Tuesday

Welcome Nickey! You said you were at good swimming-check your local pools-they might have water aerobics-it is really great exercise. Take it slow!

Vi-arggggg at your sister....did you say she is overweight also? She's probably jealous-You are taking your life in your hands!

A bit overcast here--it rained a lot yesterday. Didn't make it to Curves-dh got home too late for me to go. He said he had to go to the store after work-I told him to come straight home! I won't be able to go on Friday-I forgot that we are going to a surprise 40th bday party at 6:30.

Swim lessons beckon.....talk to you all later

Debs