Old 04-12-2005, 11:57 AM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Chelle,
No luck on ebay the other day. I'm going to keep checking. Its a cheap way to get summer clothes for the girls. I never got a chance to look for any tai chi or yoga dvds either. The natives (my 3 DDs) so I never got to spend much time on there. So...a 3 day eating binge? I'm not doing too bad...except for the cheesecake my stepmom made me for my b-day the other day. That is my BIGGEST weakness. I love cheesecake.

Hi Jeniqua,
I'm glad you found a place. I don't think you have much to worry about as far as custody goes. I didn't know your H lost his job. Was that because of him being sick for so long. That's too bad. I know you don't want to work at MCDONALDS but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least they pay more than minimum wage. I know when my ex and I split up, I was so devastated and didn't think I could survive on my own. It was a real eye-opener for me. I worked, took care of Tiana, and went back to school at night. After I got over the shock part of it all, I felt so much better about me. It always helps to have a good support system. I had my mom and stepdad to help me out some. I lived with them for a yr and my dad bought me a car. I took care of the rest. I can't remember what state you live in, but here in Montana, if you qualify, the state will help pay for child care costs. You could check into that. I hope I'm not being offensive or too intrusive. Sorry if I am. Let me know and keep me posted on how your'e doing. As soon as things settle down some for you, you'll be back on the exercise and right on track again with your weight loss. Take care of yourself and your little kiddos. I'll be waiting for more posts from you.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #17  
I will suceed!!!

It has been a hectic week. The kids are driving me nuts, my h is driving me nuts (he is in denial about everything), and I feel trapped by finances. But I have not let it get me down. One day at a time. I am getting my exercise in, and refuse to let anything stand in my way any longer.

I will catch up with everyone later, it's been a long day, and I need to go to bed. Take care everyone.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #18  

Just checking in before we get lost on page 30.

I'm still eating too much junk food, but since I've kept exercising, the scale isn't showing it yet. Of course, it isn't showing any losses either so I need to get back on track.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #19  
Shake Your Booty!

Hello!!!! We have been super busy, we put up a fence over the weekend, and my husband wound up getting sun burned so bad that I think he has sun poisoning...men and their shirts! Why do they always take them off outside when they are working and sweating thier butts off? Oh well he'll know not to do that again! LOL

Chris~ Yes I am staying OP! LOL I just haven't exercised to much lately but Im eating good, so thats 1 step in the right direction. I found a new icecream! (can yall tell I'm addicted to icecream? LOL ) Healthy Choice Cappacino Chocolate Crunch OMG!!! You wanna talk delicious YUM YUM! OK I'll stop now cuz I want some LOL

Tabitha~I miss you! I think about you everyday!

Jen~CONGRATS on the apartment, I am so happy you found something, and at least your taking the incentive to work, alot of people wouldn't I admire you! I had to LOL when you said your hubby wanted money, I woulda told him to kiss my a$$ LOL

Chelly~Your eating but exercising so hopefully the scale just stays still and doesn't go up, I don't think it will though if it hasn't yet. I wouldn't think the scale would show a change next week or the week after for what you ate today. Your doing just fine I know you are!

OK need another bottle of water and my little one wants to go out and play...ttys
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #20  
Focus on the Process

Sorry I'm behind...It's been a busy week. Yesterday my sister called and I went to her house to check on my little niece. She hit her teeth on the bathroom counter and knocked a tooth super loose. And her little brother has been running a fever and rubbing his ear. Well yesterday his eardrum ruptured. OUCH! He's feeling better but my sister is such an introverted wierdo. She has a hard time calling anybody. So I made the appt. at the pediatrician for Kyle and gave her some options for Samantha's tooth.

ANyhow, Yesterday I also had an appt with a dermatologist to find out why my skin is itching and bumpy. Turns out I have a skin condition called keratosis pilaris. Its genetic...(sp. note....ThaNK you MOm). I have some nice cream I get to put on 2 x daily. Hopefully it helps. The bumps are on my back and on my upper arms...

I'm not doing so hot with food but I have been exercising. I did almost 2 miles at the college track tonight. I walked on my sister's treadmill on Tuesday and Monday..I walked. I'm hoping some of this weight will disappear soon. I know, I know...I need to get the eating together.

Gotta check out what else is happening on the 'puter before I go to bed. Check back tomorrow.

~chris
Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 AM   #21  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just stopping by to say hi

Things are just crazy here... Hope I have time for a good post soon.... I'll have to make time!

Hi out there to Chris, MichelleJ, Chrissy, Tabitha, Jeniqua, Melissa
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:21 AM   #22  

Hey, all. I haven't exercised in the past 2 days (Wednesday was because of a pulled muscle. Yesterday was because I couldn't just pull myself together!), and the eating has just been asinine. I'm making a serious effort to be on track again today before all of the work I've done so far ends up being for nothing. I want to buy new clothes! Okay, I could probably buy some now, but I want to buy smaller new clothes.

Chrissy- Healthy Choice makes awesome mocha ice cream bars. I can't remember the exact name, but they have the coffee/chocolate taste. I actually don't even like coffee, but for some reason, I love those things. I think ice cream bars help me with portion control too because sometimes that 1/2 cup ends up being a REALLY BIG 1/2 cup (or 2 or 3 or 4...)
Old 04-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #23  

Hello ladies!

Sorry, I haven't beeen here. It's been crazy

Michellej, sorry about the pulled muscle. I know how ya feel. I did something to my knee about 2 months ago ..well maybe a little less, but it is so bad, I can barely do my lunges and squats. I'm really upset about it! I know I'm putting on inches and it's making me NUTS! Hopefully, you feel better soon!

Penny, you crazy girl! slow down!

Chrissy, HEllo girlie, how r ya!?

Jeniqua, where have you been. I hope you are ok!@
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

Hope you are all having a great weekend
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #25  
Focus on the Process

Just a speedy check in for me. Nicole is down with a fever and vomiting. Oh, the exciting life of a mom.

MichelleJ-Sorry about the pulled muscle. I too, have knee problems. And I had a Baker's Cyst behind my knee break open and it leaked fluid into my calf muscles. That hurt. I thought I had a blood clot or something. But it felt like a permanent charlie horse.

Okay...back to being Doctor Mom.

Hello to the rest of you ladies. Hi Mel, Penny, Jeniqua, Tabitha, Chrissy...

~chris
Old 04-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #26  
I will suceed!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. I've gotten a good job, and it's about worn me out. Tell you all about it later.

Chrissy, I hope things are going well for you. I've been thinking about you too. Did you get my e-mail the other day?

I'll be back later to get personal, I have to go to bed though, or I will be no good at work tomorrow.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #27  

I'm down and out with a cold at the moment. Why doesn't my body realize it's spring? I swear, as soon as I get some good intentions, my body thinks I'm starving myself and working it to death and goes in defensive mode.

On a happy note, I was in Ohio for the weekend and went shopping with my mom for some clothes. I realized that the capris I was wearing could be pulled up to chest level since the waist was so big. So I bought the same brand, same style, but TWO sizes smaller I'm not seeing any change on the scale lately, but I can definitely live with losing clothing sizes instead!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:36 AM   #28  
Focus on the Process

Chelle-Congrats on the changing clothes sizes! Doesn't that just feel great! I'm in-between sizes right now. The 18s are huge but the 16s are a bit snug. And I really hate tight clothes. Makes me self-conscious and uncomfortable. YUCK!

It snowed here last night so things are a big slushy mess today. The clouds are still really dark so I'm assuming (but you know what they say about that) we are going to get some more of the white stuff. Oh well...seems like the norm for Montana anymore. A spring-time snow storm.

Gotta get my butt out the door and get some errands done before I have to get Kayla from school. Some things are just easier if you only have to fight one child instead of 2 or 3.

TTFN

~chris
Old 04-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #29  

I went from 20W to 16W. Now I'm ready to be out of anything with a W in it. That's my next goal. I guess I need to start working out and eating better for that to happen though, huh?

My new mattress was delivered today, and I'm so happy. The one we had was my husband's before we lived together, and I always felt like the Princess and the Pea. No matter how I tried to sleep, I couldn't get comfortable, and I swear there were springs poking me. Of course, the mattress we replaced it with is so ridiculously fluffy that our sheets don't fit on it.

In other happy news, my daughter was recommended for gifted classes at school. When we first moved here, the teachers worried that she would be behind since she was the youngest in the class (her classmates are all 8 or 9, and she is 7). I'm so proud of her
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #30  
Focus on the Process

Chelle, My problem with jeans is that I everything I pick up has these huge hip and thigh areas that I just don't need. Then I look like I'm wearing a sloppy pair of jeans. My other problem is my legs are so dang long. I have to find jeans with at least a 34" in inseam. 35-36" is better but....It is so hard to find jeans that are long enough. My mom and I think there is a conspiracy out there by the jeans manufacterers. They think all heavyset women are petite in heighth...WRONG O! Well at least not in our family. It's very discouraging. That's why it would be so wonderful to be in the normal sizes. Clothing choices are better and trendier and longer.

Okay...off my soapbox. I have to get ready to get my DD from kindergarten. Talk to you all soon.

~chris