Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #31  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a brief stop by to tell you that my brother passed away last night. So sad, and I am still in dis-belief.

Thank you all for caring.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #32  
Closed

Hi Sue
So sorry to hear about your brother, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family (((HUGS)))
Old 03-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #33  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I can't believe my cold is getting so much worse, I have a fever again of 102 , and I can't breathe,sneezing my head off,congested, I can't seen to shake being sick, I don't know what is wrong with me , I must be sick.See all I can do is whine right now bear with me

Hi Jane
I meant Cristi was chatty in a good way, I to love hearing about her day to day activities , I live through Cristi I heard more news today , I think the Wedding Bells are ringing next summer not official yet , but I think that is the plan.They are busy decorating the house now picking cupboards floors paint furniture, its an exciting time, but I think she's a little nervous,my DD was with the last guy for 6 years and I don't think marriage ever came up, and she has been with her sweetie for 8 months and its a whirlwind romance, with love ,marriage, home ,babies eventually ,he loves children. I think they are planning on being married on the beach behind her to be in-laws home, unless she decides for a church wedding.All of her new brother and sister inlaws have been, and are being married on the beach.There is a wedding there this summer,to. I know where ever it is , it will be beautiful.I will have to start to think about designing their cake.I am happy for her, the last relationship was a heartbreak and I know she thought she would never find anyone,and now she has,and it seems all her hopes and dreams are coming true.She is such a sweet girl,she deserves all the happiness in the world.Hope your tooties feel good tonight, pampering sounds so good right now.

Hi Cristi
I meant chatty in a good way , I did honest, Thankyou so much for the pretty card , your timing is always perfect, you always brighten my day,((HUGS)) did you get your border up , did you say magnolias that should be so pretty. I haven't done a darn thing yet ,I picked the paint ,bought the paint ,but did I paint noooooooo ,so much for plans and goals
Hi Pam
Yes the whole houseful of kitties is sick , including me , I think I have what they have, no one is feeling good , they all look so sad, no happy campers here right now, I am glad to hear the little kitty is getting on so well with you, its probably a whole new happy world for her, she's lucky to have you.

Hi Susan
I think your clothes are most likely smug, if they are getting tight I'm sure sometimes they enjoy making us feel bad, I know my weight is up to I just won't get on the scale, I can't take another shock right now , so I will stay in denial, Sorry to hear about Rocky's Grandmother, ((HUGS))

Hi Angie, Mindee, Marti, Katy , Kathy,, Jenn , Julie, Ann , Katie,everyone , I will have to catch up tomorrow , sorry I am burning up right now , so I have to go lie down, boy do I feel lousy, hope you all are well, Night all
Old 03-11-2005, 02:57 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

I think Tommy will be gaining the weight with me this pregnancy! When I was pregnant with Brandon, our buddy Joey, who is one of Brandon’s godfathers, gained the weight with me. We went out last night to get Brandon some more formula and diapers, and we were heading home and Tommy goes “man, I am hungry and I have to pee really bad.” I said “join the club.”

I managed to get Brandon to sleep and stay asleep. I climbed in our bed with him at about 12:30 and just cuddled with him and Tommy. We both fell asleep, and I just laid him in his bed at 2:06am. So far no peeps and we can do this every night, just not as late. Cause now I am wiped out!

Jane~ I hope you have fun on your trip to Chicago! I was watching Oprah on Wednesday when she did her biggest baby shower show. (okay, so it was from last September, but hey it was a new episode to me since I hadn’t seen it before) She had the biggest baby shower ever, with 640 pregnant women from Fort Campbell Air Force base in Kentucky, I think. It was a very neat show! I haven’t been to the doctor yet, the doctor’s office around here don’t see their pregnant patients until 10 weeks, something about being able to hear the heartbeat better. So I will have to get on the ball and kick my social workers butt to get the last of the insurance crap through, since she cancelled mine and Brandon’s. I called the place that I had to go through to get the insurance rolling last time, and they told me that I had to call my worker and tell her that I am pregnant and I want me and my son back on insurance and she was suppose to do it. But I have the laziest worker out there.

Angie~ Actually, no he didn’t complain taking me to Hooters. LOL We went one time since Brandon was born, he slept through it and then woke up at the end.

Pam~ Good luck with your diet! I know you can do it!!

Katy~ Your outfit sounds va-va-va-voom! I can’t wait to see pictures! I found out when I was pregnant with Brandon, that if I sucked on those peppermint round candies, that helped a lot. That worked with the nausea when I wasn’t able to get something to eat right away.

Synn~ Welcome to the group!! You will get all the pushes/help you need around here.

Marti~ So far, I went from eating at least two tuna fish sandwiches a day, to not being able to stand the smell. I had a pretzel dog the other day and I swear if we could afford it, I would be eating them all day! When I was pregnant with Brandon, Tommy told me two things. One that by the time I had Brandon, he owned a half of Charmin, and the second was that he was going to have a Taco Bell built onto our house (until I got food poisoning from one, then I was not allowed to have it as often). Now with this pregnancy, he told me the “official” breakup of who owns parts of Charmin. He said that since two of his buddies had wifes/fiancées pregnant along with me, that they each shared a quarter of Charmin, but now that I am pregnant again, he owns half and they each own their quarters still. When I first found out I was pregnant, it seemed like I couldn’t get enough pickles, (I could go for some right now, but it is almost 3AM and Tommy is asleep) but towards the end I couldn’t stand them.

Susan~ I wanted to check and make sure that I didn’t miss anything in that time that I was without internet. Sorry to hear about Rocky’s grandmother. I know what you mean about smoking, coming from a house where my parents smoked and my oldest sister, you never realize what things smell like until you get away from the scent! (I hope I don’t offend anyone that smokes)

Sue~ I am so sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Ellen~ I hope you feel better soon! I have been fighting a bout with a cold for about a week now. It is pretty much gone now except for the couch, sore throat (that won’t go away) and the runny nose.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your brother, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
hugs,
Old 03-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #36  
Give me strength

Good morning ladies,
Susan, I would say that Gaby should come first, safety and her well being.

Ellen, you should go see a Dr. again. If you are running a fever then you have some infection some where. Pnemonia (sp) And your poor lil babies all sick,,,even Milo?
I could just imagine your DD cake,,,you will out do yourself.

Pam, I went grocery shopping and bought only good stuff, the family keeps going into the cupboard looking around then going back without anything....lol

Marti,,,yay! 1 more day then ahhh the RR begins.

Not much happening here, we are going to a play tonight. Muddy Footprints, and friend of a friend wrote, produced it and has directed it. And another friend is acting in it. Made our cowboy fairy wings last night,,,interesting. My hands hurt from all the wire and hot glue. Glad to know Im almost done.
I have decided not to go to my friends funeral. I can barely read the papers...very sad.
Well should get ready for work...
Old 03-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - I think your plan to be spontaneous in SF sounds wonderful! There should be brochures in the hotel of all the local things to do and see. Just wandering around sounds great!

Susan - good luck with the evaluation. When is that scheduled?

Sue - (((HUGS))) so sorry about your brother. Know that we're thinking of you, ok?

Ellen - the wedding plans sound gorgeous! I was married outdoors, although it wasn't on a beach. How romantic! And I know you'll make the most beautiful cake ever. How many people do you think will be there?

Mindee - I craved sweet pickles with Katie. Didn't like them before then, and don't like them now. How long before you can get on health insurance where Tommy works?

Angie - have fun tonight!

Katie is having a few friends in tonight for one of the group's infamous Movie Nights. I made some peanut butter no-bake cookies and ate what stuck to the pan. MMMMM!! Anyway, she cleans her own room and bathroom, but I need to sweep and dust the living room and kitchen. Not that the kids care at all, lol.

Neal's week of vacation is almost over. It's been fun having him around, and after all, it's only a few more weeks until summer vacation. He's under the house rewiring the connections from the satellite dish now, poor boy!

Gotta go... have a good day!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay...so I tried to post and I see my post wasn't taken before AOL threw me off. Ugh! I will try to make this quick and remember what i said...

Jane~oh, I never changed my mind about not going to AR, maybe for about two seconds it crossed my mind. When do you and Katie go to chicago and how long are you ladies staying? I did just get that quilt a few months ago but never did really like it. Not liking the square pattern of it and the brown in it. Will get a new one once the room is painted for a new look-taking my time to decide which color and comforter because it won't change again for a long while.

Marti~not scared to travel at all, just scared to see my family! I do this everytime I plan on going though, not sure why. Maybe because I don't see them very often. Things are fine though once I am there. Do you and James leave Monday morning? Can't keep track of everyone's comings and goings. I know you guys are going to have a fabulous time, who wouldn't in beautiful SanFran?!

Mindee~aaaahhh, cravings...with #1 I craved taco bell, #2 Wienerschnitzel hotdogs, #3 was sick for the first few months and was losing weight but for breakfast every morning I had a bowl of oatmeal with biscuits-they had these little containers of 5 biscuits, with #4 I was sick too but did have hot cakes and sausage (w/o butter & syrup) a few days a week.

Sue~(((((HUGS))))) to you and your family. I know how hard it is losing a loved one but please know you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Synn~a big WELCOME to you! You will love it here, the ladies are fabulous! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Angie~hope you guys have a fun time tonight at the play.

Ellen~you are welcome for the card. Yea, did get the border up but haven't painted the bedroom yet. The color we got is too dark and don't want to go that dark in there, even if it is a bright room. So it will go in the hall and down the stairs to the basement, and of course we did paint the front door and kitchen door. The kitchen door however, was painted white again because the dark taupe did not look good in there with all the white and oak going on. Decided to go with taupe with a pink tint, just can't decide if I want a light or medium color. A beach wedding sounds great! We were wanting an outdoor wedding but decided against it because you can predict the weather and as windy as it gets here...we opted for an indoor wedding which was a good thing because the day we married it was very windy!

Hi to everyone else

And that's about all I have, gotta go get the house cleaned. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #39  
Closed

Good Afternoon Ladies
I coughed all night long, still feverish, trying to stay quiet, but wanted to pop in and say hi , been watching CNN terrible shooting in a courthouse in Atlanta,so sad, so many losses,its neverending. Angie I think you need to go to a spa get some TLC pampering,how nice would that be, Milo is in the beginning stages , sneezing,this flu started with the one kitty that goes outside, I put him on antibiotics the day he came in sick and tried to keep him isolated from the rest, but it spread throughout the rest in a matter of a week, seems not one of them will be spared, they are all on or just starting antibiotics now, I feel so bad for them,I fear for the Milo and Maddie since they are so little, but surprisingly they are still playing and eating well,inspite of it,they are so sweet. Mindee I hope your sore throat and drippy faucet clears up soon , its such a miserable feeling .Hi Jane , I don't know what the guest list will be like , his side is large, and his stepfather, is popular figure , he just celebrated his birthday and the party was on the news, I will be so nervous if this happens at the wedding, I think the beach will be romantic, and beautiful,I know when they have had the other childrens weddings there,they were beautiful tented affairs, I am a little scared and nervous ,since this family is well off and I am not. I will be nervous making their cake, I am already thinking of the design and as soon as I feel better I will start putting it on paper, MMMMMM no bake peanut butter cookies sounds yummy , I like scraping the botton of the pans to. My Daughter and I love a recipe my Auntie gave me years ago for peanut butter squares, made with peanut butter butterscotch chipits butters and coloured mini marshmallows,they are so good,but not diet friendly ,I hope you enjoyed having Neal home , but of course you did ,summer seems so far away here with all the snow still falling.Hi Pam ,good luck with your diet, I have to start now to, I have to get on track quick with my daughters upcoming plans, I will talk to you later
Hi to everyone else, I will try and check back in later, can't stay up long , get woozy , I need something warm to drink, and a rest , Have a wonderful day girls
Old 03-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #40  
One day at a time

I'm back again!

Have a few minutes till V gets home and I am bored and tired of cleaning! Had a moment where I ran and jumped in the shower fast, and I mean fast! DS#1 called and locked his keys in his car. Of course his extra set is where else but home?! To top it off he is a hour away and the only way to get to this town is straight through Wichita, YIKES! Not a good place to be at rush hour traffic. Of course Wichita's rush hour traffic is nothing like CA's! Anyway, he didn't want to call a locksmith, so someone suggested the police. Now if it were a big town I am sure they would have a cow but since it's not they obliged and got his door open! Yay, except that now I am all dolled up and no where to go! Okay, getting chatty again

Ellen~hope you get to feeling better lady. Maybe you should go to the doc, or did you? I would be getting me some good meds if I was really bad sick.

Jane~did Neal get the rewiring done? Were you guys moving it or did some little critter get to it? The other night when we took our taxes to the tax guy I don't know what it was but I swear every few miles there was a skunk-man do they smell bad!

Anyway, guess I best get going ladies. To do what, I don't know. Take care ladies, see ya
Old 03-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #41  
Give me strength

Hey Ladies,
Wow the play was intense. IT was about a woman who thought she was loosing her mind cause her home was broken into and the person didn't steel anything of value,,,turns out it was an ex but he played mind games on her.
Jane, so did you get your wires done? I have Monte for part of tomorrow so he will be helping me paint...yay!

So strange about cravings eh? I craved crunching ice too,,,did that alot and found out that women who are anemic do that.
Anyways going to bed early...
night all
Old 03-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #42  
One day at a time

Default Happy, GORGEOUS, Saturday, Ladies!

Just a quickie ladies as I have a busy day ahead, but had to pop in and say Hi. Did end up going out to dinner (Red Lobster) after all so got all dressed and ready for something after all. Then headed over to the mall so DS could find some new shoes for work and get a haircut. I should have gotten one also but I think I have decided to let my hair grow out again, just grow and grow. Just so much easier to pull it back and twist it up. Anyway, have lots and lots of laundry to do today, plus yard work, and a book to finish. Tomorrow V has the whole day off so we are off to the cemetery which is an hour away so a good road trip, of course after Mass. I planted some bulbs out there and want to see if they are coming up like the ones around the house. Then we'll head on over to another cemetery while there to put some flowers on his moms grave. Too bad the weather is not supposed to be in the 70's like today. Anyway, starting to blab.

Marti~I probably won't be checking in before you and James head out for your trip to San Fran so...be safe and have a GREAT time.

Angie~glad the play was good. I haven't been to a play in ages, maybe one day. Glad you have Monte for part of the day. V is working today but I get him the whole day tomorrow!

Hi to everyone else

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:38 PM   #43  

Height: 5'1"

Real quick here for me too!!

Have some things to do today so I won't have much time to be on here....but I'll check back as soon as I get more time.

Just wanted to say "Hello"!

BBL
Old 03-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - hope you're having a good day with Vince today. Hope the bulbs will be up when you check them. Not sure why the cable to Katie's TV went out, but that's the one Neal replaced. She's happy that he did, lol.

Angie - did you ever see the old movie Gaslight? It's based on a man who does stuff to try and make his wife think she's going crazy. In psychology they even use the term "gaslight" for that. All I have to do to make Neal think he's going crazy is hide the remote, lol.

Ellen - want to share the recipe for Peanut Buttter squares? Sound good! Not something I'd want to keep around the house, lol, but would be good for a church carry-in. One good thing about WW is that by using portion control, no foods are off limits. So the future FIL is someone noteable, huh? Without giving his name, is he someone we'd know of? You are a wonderful, talented woman who has no need to feel nervous around the other family. Once you get to know them, it will be easier.

Marti - are you leaving on Monday? Whenever it is, have a blast!! Leave all your cares at home and just revel in each other. If you have time, I'd LOVE a postcard from SF, but if not, I understand.

Hi to the others.

I made a cake for Gina's birthday - white with cream cheese frosting. That's what she wanted. We're all going to meet up at DS's house for the celebration after dinner.

I've been copying some favorite songs off my CDs and burning new ones with just the favorites on them. One copy of each for the house, one for the van, lol.

Gotta run - have a great weekend!
Old 03-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #45  
kitty Momo

Ok,

It is 12:30 and NO show Mike is a No Show......

We agreed to meet at a park in the village ( maybe he stopped by Katy's??? - lol) anyway..........emailed my lawyer, called his father, checked my email in case he emailed me , no messages on the phone.....

Ain't this a lovely way to spend a Saturday?? I will try one more time calling him and after that we are out of here!!

Chat later .......
Closed Thread