Old 02-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #61  

Noelle or anyone, I am having such a hard time getting medicines in my kids. I even took one of their doses to show them. It does taste horrible . Any suggestions? Thanks friends
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #62  

One more thing, then I really got to go....Noelle how was program or display they had at church last night? Did you go? I forgot to ask you about it. I am a scatterbrain today!!
Old 02-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #63  

http://www.parents.com/articles/health/2025.jsp
had some ideas for kids that need to take medicine

hope it helps!
Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #64  

Thank you so much Summer, those are great tips. I actually got some suppositories(sp), tylenol ones. Thanks again, your a honey.
Julie
Old 02-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #65  

Good Night Girls
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Ds is still pretty sick. May take him in somewhere or talk to my mom since she is a nurse.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #66  

Hey guys. Sorry I have been MIA for so long. We went to a wedding last weekend and I have been sick since then. I still fell pretty crappy. I am not going to type much b/c I need to go lay down. I just wanted you to know that I was still alive.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #67  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!

Julie, I hope your kids are feeling better. Corey came home at 9:30 with an ear infection so we have an appointment with the docs this afternoon.

Kempy, Get better soon girl. I know how you feel because I have been sick for the last week myself. It was pretty bad for us all this time around. Not much movement in my house

What is everyone doing for Valentines? I am making Jay a filet Mignon with sauteed onions and mushrooms with garlic smashed red potatoes and corn. Then I am making turle brownie hearts with Peanut butter panic ice cream for dessert.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #68  

Default Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day girls

Kempy, get well soon. Figured you might be sick. We all have been here too. It has been ****. Oh well hope to get back to normal soon.

Angie you dinner sounds so good. Poor Corey....I hope he gets better soon. My dd seems to be getting sick again, ugh. Isn't it so hard when your kids are sick? It never ends, plus dreaded TOM is here. But all will be well when it is gone. Have fun Tonight!!

Well girls I woke up this morning to a new lamp and some diamond hoop earrings from dh. I was touched. I thought he lost his romantic side. Guess not. Okay gotta go tend my my sick kids and I am not feeling to great. But it is a special day so have to make the best out of it .

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Cal, Summer, and everyone else. Love ya all!!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #69  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, Happy Valentine's Day....

My computer at home has been in a funky mood this weekend. I tried to post twice over the weekend and my posts kept getting eaten up. Had a good weekend though. That circus was great! I can't remember being so scared or anxious as a kid watching those high-wire acts--I guess I didn't believe they would ever fall down. There were some handsome Russian men too , gorgeous women as well. Yesterday was just laundry day which is a good thing since the sun decided to shine all day instead of that rain we've been having lately.

Rick is hiding my present (jewelry I think) until he gets home from work. Darn, I should've sneaked a peek at it while I had the chance. I got him a gold figaro bracelet to match a necklace I gave him about 8 years ago. I'm sure he'll want to show it off while rolling dice or playing cards when we go to Vegas Michael was so sweet, he chose a card for me and signed it and everything. He was so excited about giving it to me this morning too. I didn't get a chance to sign his card yet so he was a little disappointed when it wasn't ready for me to give him. I'll make it up to him after school though.

Julie, that is a nice present you got! See? Your hubby has still got "it" in him--you deserve diamonds BTW. Hope your little dd gets better soon, you too! I hold Michael's nose (so he can't taste) when he has to swallow yucky tasting meds, then have a large glass of water nearby to wash it down. That seems to work for us. That was a great link Summer posted.

Angie, sounds like you got the valentine's dinner down good. Hope Corey feels better, ear aches are never fun. So I guess you guys are staying in tonight? Hmmm, closer to home is better anyway

Kempy, you get better soon ! We missed ya.

Cherie, now it's your turn. I wonder what Alan is getting ya... or maybe that's too personal a question

Hello to Summer, Cal, Dips, and anyone else I may have missed. Have a wonderful, loving kind of day. I gotta get back to work!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #70  

Thanks guys for the well wishes. I feel much better today. I have been taking Alkaseltzer at night b4 I go to bed and I think that is kicking whatever this stuff is out the door. I was able to take the dogs for a walk this afternoon and that in itself made me feel better. We havn't seen the sun in over a week.

Julie that is so sweet of your hubby. We really don't do anything for V-day. We did go to eat Friday night. Joe is out of town right now so I am spending it by myself. That is ok though. I really don't like to go out to eat when it is crazy in the rest.

Angie I wish I lived closer I would come over and eat. Of course I would leave b4 the real celebrating starts.

Noelle I remeber doing things for my mom too. I used to think I was surprising her with this hugh thing when it was only a card. Moms are great at making you feel special.

Well, I am going to run. I have to chop some veggies for my salad. I hope eveyone is having a great day and I hope to check back later.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #71  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning girls. Hope everyone is feeling more like their usual selves today. It's Tuesday and that much closer to the weekend . I'm up bright and early because the Fire Marshall is coming over to our warehouse complex and doing a walk-thru. We had to make sure all the gas cans and other chemicals and things were stored properly, as well as make sure there were adequate walkways to the exits and stuff. I don't want to get cited for any violations. He stressed that it wasn't an inspection--but I'm sure it's just the precursor to one. We rent a 5K sf unit but it's stuffed to the gills. Rick bought himself a used forklift (his new toy) so he'll be organizing everything to make it more functional. So enough of this boring rambling...(excuse me but I just rolled out of bed--really)

Kempy, we have had tons of rain too. I love how it makes everything so green and pretty though. Hey, I bought the kids some of those little valentine heart shaped candy boxes and when i read the nutrition info on the back it said "Elmer's Candy Factory, Ponchatoula, LA". That made me think of you of course.

Well, I gotta get a jump on the day. I'll be back later.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #72  

Noelle I didn't know the candy went all the way out there. The place is right around the corner from me. It is about 1 1/2 miles down the road. I remember when I was little we took a tour of it. I love the Easter candy they make called Heavenly Hash. Do you get that too? I wish I could say that all of the rain makes it green around here but right now it is still brown from the slight winter we had. I was in the yard this morning feeding the birds and I swear I was sinking. I hate when it is like that. You can't do anything in the yard b/c you tear it up.

I am still fighting the same 8 lbs. I get on the scale one day and I am down at the bottom of my 8 and then the very next morning I am up 2 lbs. It makes me want to pull my hair out. I am still recording what I am eating but I hate not seeing a difference on the scale. The bad thing is we are planning out vacation to the beach again this year. I have got to lose a little more. Our neighbors are going with us this year so I can't let it all hang out like I do when it is just Joe and I. I don't want to frighten them.

What is eveyone else up to today?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #73  

Noelle I like your optimism about being Tuesday, closer to Friday!! I hope the walk-thru went well. Rick got a fork lift? Must be having a blast driving it around. My dh would just love one even though he would have nothing to do with it or use it on. Except me when I am having a time of bloatation .
Noelle I never thought about the nose thing for meds. Those were great tips from that website, especially I like the one about putting the medicine dropper in the cheek, not directly on the tounge .

Well hello everyone else. Going to have some chili for dinner tonight. That seems like all my dd wants for dinner. I am not complaining though. I gotta get going. Check back later.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #74  

I am bumping us up from the 2nd page. I am off today so I hope that you guys come out to chat. I do have a few errands to run today but I will be on the site to see who shows up.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #75  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning!