Old 01-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #46  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Katy - I also send temping foods to work with my DH. Not sure what I'll do when he retires, lol. Actually, I will probably freeze stuff or make 1/2 to start with. Some recipes just don't call for making less. How's the heartburn? What kind of scales are you going to buy?

Marti - omg, you crack me up!! I swear, I'm going to mail you a yard stick or a tape measure. Now that I've thought it over, I think I'm going to stick with the videos since they are easy to store. And I've already got what I want. But thank you anyway, and I'd still like to see any pictures you want to share. Hope the nausea has passed.

How's it going for you Cristi, and Pam?

Bought some new spring and summer t-shirts. They are plain, so I'm going to doodle them up a bit. Also bought a pair of capris that have a cuff and tab at the calf. Too cute!! Penneys has lots of summer stuff out, and really, so do the other stores.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM   #47  
RosieKate

Hello!
I stayed OP and walked for an hour yesterday. Didn't get to the weights, but will do so today. I did clean up the playorrom, so I actually have space to work out now, lol!

Jane - I am on Day two of Prilosec, but had pains this a.m. I am not going to mess around; if it doesn't go away I am getting in to see my doc about it. I ordered a WW scale with some cashback points off my Visa card...should be getting it within the week.

I'll try to get the recipe posted today sometime....sorry it's taking me so long
Old 01-28-2005, 11:01 AM   #48  
RosieKate

I'm back - here's the long- promised recipe...

Chicken with Broccoli and Oranges

Makes 4 servings

4 t. vegetable oil
One 2" piece of gingerroot, peeled and julienned
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut crosswise into 1/2" strips
2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 c. orange juice
3 TB reduced sodium soy sauce
1 t. cornstarch, dissolved into 1 TB water
1 orange, peeled and sectioned

1. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the gingerroot until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the ginger to a small plate.
2. In the skillet, saute the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to another plate. In the skillet, combine the broccoli and 1/4 c. water, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; cook, covered, until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet; stir in the broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Add the dissolved cornstarch; cook, stirring frequently until the mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add the orange; heat through. Serve, garnish with the gingerroot.

221 cals/serving 4 points.

This is really good served with rice. My only suggestion is to maybe keep the broccoli and chicken out of the pot while the sauce is boiling and thickening as it is really easy to overcook them. Next time I make this, I will make the sauce, then return the chicken, broccoli and orange to the pan until heated, then serve.

Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Katy - thanks for the recipe! I have never cooked with gingerroot, so this will be interesting. I suppose frozen brocolli is out of the question? One more thing - is it as good with wild or brown rice as it is with white?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #50  
RosieKate

We ate it with brown rice and liked it...white rice might work better for chopsticks.

Well, no WI for me this week as my scale is broken.....I walked for 30 minutes yesterday and prepared a roast chicken for dinner with MIL. We ate very healthy and spent a bunch of time comparing our WW cookbooks. She has a new one called "In one Pot" which I have my eye on as I am on the lookout for good crockpot recipes.

How did everyone else's week go?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #51  
GmaTo8

Stop here, and go over to Weight Loss and Toning Talk #3, please.