Old 01-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Jane--I have all kinds of Crystal light in my cupboard that I usually drink during the summer. So I dragged out the Orange Pineapple flavored and made a pitcher then put some in my water bottle. Went down nicely!! So I will be taking it to work today.

I made C.C. cookies last night........Sticking them in a bag and putting them out of sight in the bread box. Will tell James that they are all his now that I had some......only will bring the scale back up you know!

Anyway....must get going. Lots to do before work.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #17  
RosieKate

Yesterday went well. I walked for about 50 minutes total and did a 20 minute weight workout. I printed out a workout from ediets ( which I have access to throught the Discovery Channel Body Challenge) and it is a good schedule. I liked how I was able to customize it to the types of cardio I do and the weight equipment I already have. Today is a cardio day and I will be walking (hopefully with my neighbor) this afternoon.

Food went alright. I used some flex points on a beer and an extra piece of homemade bread. Still have plenty of flex left. The italian chicken was a bust....I used too many potatoes and didn't cut them up small enough. I can't seem to cook boneless skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker without drying it out. Harrumph. I did like the italian dressing, so I will try it again. So tonight's dinner will be some grilled cod, cooked chard and italian potatoes.

I am re-reading The Fat Fallacy, by Will Clower....which presents a food plan based on the French Paradox. It's pretty interesting.... I really liked the parts about slowing down and taking smaller bites. I also agree with trying to keep the diet based on fresh, unprocessed foods... There's another book out called Frenchwomen Don't get Fat, but my library doesn't have that one yet... sounds like it covers the same territory..
Need to go printout a new workout for next week
Ciao
K
Old 01-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #18  

I don't know how I'm doing. It seems that I can't get myself to eat the right foods all the time. Or eat at all. And that only hollers out "FAILURE"!

I was talking to a girl at work....she's lost 9lbs. so far. She's been eating Lean Cuisines.....I believe thats WW?? Anyway...I told her to make sure that she gives herself a variety of foods to eat so she doesn't tire of the progress she's making by eating the same thing everyday. (she's eating a variety of different cuisines...but how long do you want to keep eating that?)

I showed her my progress pictures that I posted here...and she said that I was doing great. Had to tell her that I'm not losing much at all...but at least I'm not still 160lbs.

Where am I going with all this?? I don't know.

This weekend I plan on taking some time to do some REAL shopping. Get my veggies and chicken and stuff like to create tasty meals that are good for you. I love chicken so that shouldn't be to hard.

Guess I pretty much wanted to say that I'm still struggling but I haven't given up!!

James asked me what I wanted for my birthday...I told him the Gazelle.....wonder if he'll get it for me????
Old 01-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Katy - you are Kickin' Butt with the exercise!! Way to go!!! Oh I'm sorry the chicken didn't work out! Did you cook it too long? When I cook only chicken breasts in the crock pot I cook them for 4 hours on low - great with BBQ sauce. But with potatoes, you'd need to add maybe 2-3 hours. I didn't know the amount of potatoes would make a difference.

Marti - I know it's hard. And yes, look how far you've come! I can't remember if you've read Dr. Phil's Seven Keys book or not, but if not, hon, you gotta! Trust me, ok? He really, really gets you to think about things. LC isn't WW, but does have the points listed on the side of the box. I use them once in awhile, but you're right, a person can't live on them. Plus, they are real high in sodium. I do hope you get a Gazelle for your BD!!! Tell James my BD was last September and I'm still waiting on my Gazelle from him!

All this healthy eating has paid off for Katie, too. She's turned into a real food label reader too, lol. I told you she's lost 18 pounds, and she's toned up, too! Last night she went to a Maurice's - a fashionable clothing store for teens- and got some new things. She was very happy with the sizes she could wear.

Hang tough!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #20  
PamPSM644

2 days in a row now I stretched my walk to 45 min.UMMM How mny cals do you think that it? Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #21  

Jane--No I didn't read his book....although I have it here! A friend loaned it to me. I started to read it and then put it down. Reading about a healthier lifestyle to me wasn't good reading......at the time. I will pick it up, dust it off a bit and give it anther try.

Pam--It varies....it all depends on how you walked. Slow, med, or fast paced. Have you figured out how to use your pedometer???

I'm happy to say that I have my Gazelle!! Now....to put the thing together!!

I'm going to start a new weight loss Exercise journal after this weekend. Going to really commit myself.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #22  

Worked out on the Gazelle for half an hour today and yesterday!! And wore my pedometer to work and walked only 4,000 steps. But I'm moving ladies!!

I'm in love w/my gazelle....be prepard for me to keep talking about it!!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WTG Marti! Sound like the gazelle is a lot of fun to do. I saw one in Wal-Mart the other day. DS and I were looking at that sort of stuff-looks like it would be something I would like. Not sure if or when I would get one but something to think about. And you can talk about it all you want missy.

Pam~good for you for getting the walking in and stretching it. Like Marti said, it all depends on how fast you were walking.

Katy~you too are doing great! I know you will reach your goal by your BD.

Jane~isn't that wonderful when the others in the family pick up the good habits also? That's great your Katie lost 18 pounds. My DD is always talking about losing 10-15 and I told her she didn't need to. Jeez, she would be skin and bones. We were talking about losing also and about going down so many sizes. I know losing 20 pounds will not get me down a size as with her. She has gone from 120 to 135 and is currently at 128 but she will still wear a size 11. Which seems big because she is so small. We were talking about it because we had read where some girls weighed 150, 135, 140 and 145 and they all wore a size 4 and we were just wondering how. They ranged in heights from 5 ft. 6 to 5 ft. 4. I didn't even wear a 4 when I weighed 135. I know it depends on a persons build but a size 4? Anyway...good fo you also for maintaining.

Haven't done much exercise lately. I start walking and after a while my foot starts in, same with the jump rope. But I am not giving up so...the food hasn't been going so great either but I have been getting the water down. Guess that counts for something. Had planned on starting with three bottles first of February but for some reason I have been drinking three the last few days. Trying to grab water over diet coke. Hoping to get back on track with the food tomorrow. I actually haven't eaten much the last two days because of TOM but last week was horrible. I gave into the cravings, not pigging out, just eating the wrong foods. I'll get it all worked out-have to.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:43 AM   #24  

Hi girls...

I walked another 4000 steps. I only wear it at work...we sit all day at computers so getting that many steps is pretty good! It's more than 4,000 steps but it just seems easier to keep track by rounding it down. ( I don't know how accurate these things are) but I want to start keeping track. And so far I've done 8,000 steps. I will work more in later.

And I'm enjoying saving money and getting a workout on the gazelle here at home. I'm really excited that I might be able to make a difference this year!

Cristi--I know all too well about giving in during TOM. I have a problem w/either NOT eating at all....to choosing the wrong foods. I don't over eat..I just don't eat the good stuff. (well....at the time it tasted like GOOD stuff) You'll do fine. We just have to understand that when TOM comes....we have to figure out a way to control it..and not it controlling us. (did that make sense??)

Ok...off I go!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - you've made a lot of progress over the last year in what you eat and how much water you drink, and in exercise levels, too. If you look at the big picture, think how far you've come! I'm proud of you!

Marti - I'm with Cristi, talk about the Gazelle all you want! Our Walmart has them for $97.00, and I wouldn't mind having one. With the computer expense, though, I have to watch my money. Have to watch it fly out the window, that is, lol. 4000 steps at a computer job is great! I think pedometers are fairly accurate, Marti. Especially since you had near the same numbers 2 days in a row.

Pam - I don't know how many calories a 45 min. walk is, either. Like Marti said, it would depend on the level of exersion, but you also need to factor in your weight. What I do know is, you're making progress, and that's the important thing! The braces feel ok?

Katy oh Katy, wherefore art thou?

I am meeting a friend for her BD lunch today at Applebee's. I've had their WW meals before, and they're good. Next week, different friend, same restaurant, lol.

I think the worse thing about me sticking to exercising is my lack of a schedule. For such an anal person, I have sidestepped having a certain time to devote to the health and well-being of my body. In the past, when I exercise successfully, maybe it was because I had a certain time to do it?

Have a good one, ladies.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:36 AM   #26  
RosieKate

Marti - your motivation is contagious....I am awaiting the arrival of a new pedometer, so I am curious about how many steps I take in athe average day. The gazelle sounds interesting, but I have never seen one...I'll go poke around online and get a look at one.. is it for pilates?
Cristi - thank you for your kind words.. I started out great this month and, now I seem to be stuck..but I'm not giving up!

Today I am going to do weights and the stepper...probably while my DD is watching Sesame street this morning, hope that's enough of a distraction.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:43 AM   #27  
RosieKate

Hi Jane! looks like we are posting at the same time! I 'm glad Applebee's has good WW food. DH and I are going out to dinner tomorrow and I have to figure out what I am going to do. It's a new week , so I may use some flex. BUT! there is a big family dinner on Friday ( since everyone is in town fo the memorial service) so I will have to plan so I have some left for that.

I did blow through my flex this week, so today, I gotta stay OP! I have challenges in the afternoon and at dinner. The afternoon munchies I can control if I stick to popcorn and veggies, but I need to work on not overconsuming at dinner.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thank you Jane! You are right although I should have made goal a while ago I do feel I have made some progress and all along said it would be slow and I would be taking baby steps. I want to make sure that once the weight in off that I keep it off and need to be in a place in my mind to do so. I do feel confident that I will make goal, just a matter of when.

Katy~why do we do that. When I was going to the WW meetings I didn't thing I would ever get below 199. For the longest time I was stuck there. Even the lady that weighed me said something every week and then finally BAM! Of course then I quit going to the meetings and went back up. I know you will be fine even though it is frustrating. I am seriously thinkign about doing the meetings again, and the place is close enough that I can walk to it, once the weather is nice.

Marti~I am loving your enthusiasm for working out now. Maybe I need to get a gazelle if that's all it takes. I agree with Jane-4000 steps is good especially since youa re at the computer most of the time. I almost bought a pedometer at Target today but there are so many. Jeez, how do you know which one to get? They have them from $5 up to $29. DH had one somewhere, can't find it and I never could get it to work right.

I guess one good thing about being sick is you don't want to eat. Hardly ate anything yesterday and today is worse. I am getting that water down no matter what though. I am going to try and get the wATP video out and at least do some of it, even if it is just 15 mns.-something is better than nothing. I just hope I didn't mess up too bad giving into the cravings.

Anywhoooo....Katy, good luck with your WI tomorrow. Keeping my fingers that it shows a loss. Who else weighs in on Saturday? Good luck to everyone on their WI!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #29  

I hope this enthusiasm for working out stays with me for a long time. Actually, when I used to go to the gym.....it gave me so much energy that I looked forward to working out. I think that's what I'm hoping is going to happen.

Cristi--Maybe go to some exercise equipment store and see if any of them have a gazelle you can try before you buy one. I tried one at GI Joes around the holidays and had been talking about it ever since. Now I don't have to talk about getting it, just getting ON it!!

Katy--In case you haven't found it yet...here is what it is:http://www.homefitnessclub.com/jump....rd=tony+little It's more of a glider not like the eliptical. And I really enjoy it. And it's really light weight so it's easy for me to fold up and put away.

Jane--I think starting next month...I will make a goal of how many step I want to make in a month and see if I can reach that goal. I have two pedometers....the other one I actually had to set to my walking. And it seemed more accurate than this one. But that's ok...it's only off by 3 steps (I finally figured it out)

Tomorrow is WI for me too. I wonder how I'm doing. I went up last weekend. If it's still there....then it's time for me to change the siggy! Speaking of which, I had thought before that I had to go to the tracker site each time to change my weight.....then it dawned on me to just change the numbers in the siggy area....and what do you know?? It works! Silly me.....why didn't I figure that one out sooner??

Good luck on the WI tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #30  
RosieKate

Cristi - thanks for the good wishes...I am wearing my "tight" jeans today and they are feeling more comfortable, so I may be pleased with tomorrow's weigh-in. I got my workout in today and that always makes me feel good! Speaking of plateaus... I just tend to fall into them, I guess. My weight loss style, if you want to call it that, is to lose a bunch, then level off for weeks. When I was nursing DD, I was at 205 for 2 solid years, no matter what i did...that was the worst plateau and some of it was certainly due to my hormonal state. When I was in TOPS ( before DD) I went 6 weeks in a row with no change. we can just keep each other company, lol! The Plateau sisters...hey - it's better than gaining!

Marti - I looked up the Gazelle and I tell you, if I didn't already have my folding stepper, I would get one - they look great...and I prefer ellipticals to treadmills and even steppers. So if this stepper ever conks out on me...I am heading over to Mr. Tony Little's house! About pedometers...there is a program out there that is called 10,000 a day, that encourages people to wear their pedos all day and work toward getting 10K steps a day. When I get my new pedo, I'm going to work on this.

Jane - thanks for inquiring after me -- I know I've been MIA, just a real busy week

Healthy things I did today
* made a batch of lentil stew (I don't use any fat or ham, so it's only 1 pt per cup)
* 45 minute workout
* made a batch of refrigerator bran muffins. I figured that if each muffin tin has 1/4 cup of batter, I get my 2 pt. muffins
* drank 9 glasses of water, and the day's not over yet!
* googled " Gazelle" ......does that count?