Old 01-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #31  
Closed

Susan

Asinine , I looked it up in the dictionary , didn't think I'd find it there, I looked under the heading men, and there it was just kidding I am Jaded remember
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:36 AM   #32  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Ellen~ You crack me up!! LOL

Just quickly whizzing through to read up on how every one is doing. I am heading to bed somewhat early tonight.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 AM   #33  
Closed

Mindee
Did you check out my kitten pictures , they are really cute,page 2 , nighty night
Old 01-12-2005, 06:46 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

This will be another quick one.....(I must get on the ball and post individuals!)

Called Jhanai just before work.....she didn't get the part she wanted. In fact, most of the kids (her friends anyways) didn't get the part they wanted. What surprised me is...that half the choir are boys.....and they picked a girl to be Oliver............am I wrong but isn't Oliver a boy???

Jhanai is one of the orphans.....I told her that it's ok, next year she'll be in middle school and she can join the choir and maybe some other club like the drama club (do they still have that?) and she'll be able to get parts she wants. She seemed ok, I think it helped knowing that a lot of her friends didn't get parts they wanted either...they can all support each othes hurt feelings.

Ok ladies....I promise if I'm feeling better I will post individuals tomorrow.

Good Night!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:13 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!!

Let's see... who's been here since I checked in last?

Angie - yay, glad Brandon got the cast off! Bet he's happy about that. Why wouldn't your ins pay for that stuff?? It oughta! I still don't know what Q to Q is....

Ellen - awwww, the kitty pictures are too cute. I forgot just how small newborns are. Loved the cake ones, too. Especially the basketweave frosting. I tried that one time, lol, and had the worst mess ever. Smoothed it all out and ran one of those "combs" around the whole thing, lol.

Susan - you said don't ask, but I have to: what in the world is a kitchen in a box?? Don't worry about Rocky. He has a good head on his shoulders and will do what's best. Be prepared, though, for lots of run-ins with Nana. She needs to get a life of her own and leave the poor man alone! (want me to call her, lol)

Ann - hope you're having a good day. Don't work too hard!

Mindee - hope you got some good rest. You need it, with chasing your little one nowdays, lol.

Marti - so glad that Jhanai's friends didn't get what they wanted in the play, either. She'll be the cutest orphan in the group! Take picutures when it's time, ok?

--> Cristi started a Meeting thread - please post your ideas there if you haven't already, ok?

I've got some paperwork to get done today, and need to sweep. It's cloudy again. I told Neal I'll be calling him from Orlando today, lol, and that I just have to have some sunshine! At least I slept well and feel great!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #36  
RosieKate

Goood Morning..
I am up n' at 'em early today....so gotta check in with the chickies! I might be around for chat oday...Leigh has speech then we might go play somewhere so I don't know if I'll be home in time, but you never know. I was a slug yesterday... all my meticulous goals - out the window! I think it was a combination of being borderline sick ( i feel like I'm fighting off something) and frustration with high-strung kids... My food and exercise just went out the window yesterday. I am back on track this morning and resolved to get my exercise in for sure... that always helps me feel better.

Susan - What Jane said about Nana- seems like she is going to have alot of adjusting to do with you in the picture so get ready. You are handling it all with a great deal of class.... she probably poured all her grief into raising Kris....now what...surely she doesn't want Rocky to be alone for the rest of his life? I have to say I am also curious about kitchen in a box - never heard of that

Marti - Sorry Jhanai didn'tget the part.. Does seem weird that a girl got Oliver when there are so many boys...maybe they just aren't young enough? I think it's great they have a musical in elementary.... with all the cuts Oregon schools have to endure, you just never know what's going to be around from year to year. James' school still has an excellent music program, for which we feel grateful.

Jane - Sounds like a pretty routine day for you...How's the weather? Oregon is gorgeous....but it seems like every other part of the US is getting freaky weather this year...

Pam
- like your neck of the woods.. hope you haven't slid down the mountain yet? How are you holding up to all the rain?

Cristi -hey it's Walmart Wednesday! Have you decided what to do to accent your new paint job in the living room? I really like your idea of stenciling. I think that is a very unique touch. A friend of mine used a pretty font and stenciled an inspirational bible verse in her kitchen. It was black cursive-style and the walls are a softgreen - it looked so good.

Mindee - I popped over and caught up on Bdo's pix - boy he is getting big..what a sweetie. How did his check-up go? He sure looks like a big healthy boy.

Ellen - I caught up on your pix, too. I am impressed with your cake decorating talent... can certainly see why that's your profession - you have a gift, for sure. Thank you for sharing this part of your life. I hope you are feeling better.....

Angie - so glad Brandon got his cast off - If that were my kid and I had to watch them take out that pin , I would have come unglued!
I am such a wuss.

As mentioned, Leigh and I are running around this a.m. then maybe she will take a nap. Tonight is church night so another busy day for us....
Have a great day everyone
Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Hi & Happy Wednesday Ladies~

Well, this is just going to be a quickie as I am heading out the door in just a few minutes. Yeppers, Katy-it is Wal-Mart Wednesday! LOL But first a pit stop to SAMS, need to stock up on the essentials. And DS and I are going to go out to lunch while we are out and about. He wanted Mexican but I told him if we eat out I want to go to Applebees. They have a new WW chicken sandwich I would like to try-at least I know the points value on that. Anyway...gotta go. See you ladies later. I won't make it to chat today of course but will be back later to do individuals. Take care and have a nice day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #38  
PamPSM644

Helloooo everyone. It's a beautiful morning,lots of sunshine,and I'm feeling pretty good. Get to walk in the sun for a change. Ellen, those kittens are precious and Am seems to be feeling so much better. What a joy they must be. Saw the cakes to. Wonderful.I haven't tried to decorate a cake sence Eddie was little and I did Garfirld on the top of his birthday cake. It took me 2 days .Jane,Cristi,talked to my son about starting new projects and he had a idea that sounds kind of fun. He suggested I go to yard sales ,ecta, and sell things on E-bay.He said he'd buy a good digital camea for me and show me how to set up a E-bay store. I could start out with a few things and work my way up.Sounds like this might be fun.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ellen, can I have the orange kitty? I love orange kittens... Iwas going to take a cake decorating class, they have them at Micheal's but I can just imagine all the mistakes I would make and I would feel the need to hide the evidence which would mean eating it...*sigh I just see disaster ahead. So where did you learn, those cakes are so beautiful.
Marti, DANG! being that Ive done a few musicals Im thinking they chose a girl cause for one she may be smaller in stature and also her vocal may be *sweet* enough to be a young boy? Are there theatre companies near her, possibly she could join a childrens theatre,,,we have a few here, Lunch Box, Adventurers, Cookie Caberet, and Story Book Theatre to name a few that I know of. Tanner would of auditioned for Suessical the Musical,,,its Dr. Suess if he didn't get a part in his school play. Soon his voice will start to change, who knows what will happen then...lol dang that puberty.
Jane, a Q to Q is techincal rehearsal, when I am calling a show I have sound and light and need to of course be timed perfectly for when the phone rings, the dog barks, guns go off...whereas the lights have to perfected for when its house to half, brown, blue and black...hmmm this being just a normal play and not a musical it makes my job easier, musicals usually involve 20 light Ques all at once,,,,grrr
This play is not going so well, and its mostly personality conflicts. Mine included, being that Im upset with the producers, they FORGOT to tell me that my ASM quit back in Nov. So I brought in my normal ASM, who is so busy with our other shows,,,,grrr and since she doesn't know where props are to go the cast are freaking. My ASM almost walked last night,,so the cast and I had a TALK. Told them they either back off and let her learn,,,or they would be doing the props themselves, which would be fine with me.... we are short another props person and the only person who has come forward is a male,,,of course my cast of all females rejected him,,,*sigh bunch of divas...grrr

Katy, I bought my wool yesterday,,,some funky brownish colish color,,,and bought some same colored SHINY beads. I am almost thinking of just doing 5 or 6 granny squares, (crochet) and darn them together so I can avoid the knitting...lol
Cristi, I did my Wally's Tuesday,,,just doesn't sound the same eh? But did my fly through,,,

Mindee, now the fun begins....lol I remember my Brandon was a ball of fire...*shudder to think I could keep up with him now...lol

Pam, what a great idea your son has.

Susan, like the girls said, Rocky is an intelligent man, and that woman really is grasping at straws if she is throwing that back at him...18 yrs? Im with Jane if you want me to call too,,,we can have this all fixed.

Well Im gonna go make some chili for the boys dinner. Have 2 more loads of laundry to do, and 6 to fold,,,*sigh

ttfn
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #40  
PamPSM644

Angie,I'm positivly mezmerized. Plays,props,acting,Girl,what is this all about and how can I get in on it. Sounds like so much fun.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #41  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I stage manage plays,,,right now I have Steel Magnolia's on stage, and have a musical with a cast of 35 (Iolanthe) just finished auditions. Finished Fiddler on the Roof at the end of Nov. And my youngest son is working on his school play right now, going up in May. By then I will be working on another play called Pippin. Which the director has already approached Tanner to audition for. Would be hard for him to be doing 2 plays at once...
anyways better get my laundry put away....chili is done,,,simmerin in the crock...and now off to work i go,,,yay!
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #42  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Jane ,Angie , can I come to I really feel like smacking someone today, and it may as well be for a good cause Susan can we please . Jane the little orange one is already trying to climb out of the bed ,a few more days and he will make it,I have to find a higher container, for them already.I am to tired to be looking for babies right now,they are so small, but the orange one has tripled in size and the baby girl has doubled,I think thats because he's always stealing her bottle Men there all the same, can you tell I need my medicationAngie yes he is a cutie so is the little girl its just impossible to get her away from Amelie long enough to get a good picture,I think she;s camera shy,unlike her brother who is always coming right up to it. As far as the cakes I taught myself, when I was younger I always enjoyed doing special things with cakes, but like everything else I loved to do , I gave up caring,and stopped. When I moved here my creativity started to resurface as well as my interests in decorating reading and gardening .The first cake I made was a beautiful baby shower cake for 150 guests, it was a three tiered cake complete with pale yellow basket weave tiny rosebuds babybooties and blocks,in pastel shades of pink blue yellow green and lavender,I loved that cake,and its the only one I don't have pictures of, I have a couple of really good cake recipe's I use, one is a white cake and one a dark rich chocolate,and I also have a selection of fillings but the most requests are for the white cake with strawberries and cream filling. with buttercream icing, I have made a lot of them now some whimsical like the gym cake, I made one of my sons band ,stage ,drum kit including cymbols, speakers, peddles, cords, guitars,band members and all someone has that picture on their digital camera somewhere I just have to find it and who I have made a surf cake complete with waves ,surfers on the wave, and headfirst in the sand , grass hut with bit boosomed waitress, fire pit, palm trees, bear with beer can passed out on the beach that one was a lot of work and a lot of fun as was the exersize cake, I make all the figures and accessories out of rolled fondant, but I think I am going to try making then out of dough since everyone so far, has kept everything ,after the cake was gone, I am so glad to have my own camera now.I have made many floral, anniversary, and communion cakes,mostly two and three tiers. I really enjoy doing them except that its hard to make a profit on custom cakes.The two, first communion cakes I made both had arbours covered with rosebuds, and tiny birds which I made from the frame up.they had swings with angels on them,the cakes had angels sitting on clouds around the outside of the tiers,and stars all around the sides with rosebuds,covered in white edible glitter so the whole cake sparkled , those cakes alone I spent the better part of the week just making the arbours, flowers,birds, stars, angels, and clouds in advance because the fondant had to harden , so its impossible to explain to someone the time involved,so its a good thing I do enjoy it.See what happens you get me started, and I don't stop talkingMaybe I can find some of those pictures out there on the digitals to post, I have pictures of the rest,though .Are you girls sick of my pictures yet,or me , if so just say Ellen go away and take your pictures with you please. wait till I start gardening its neverending.Well this took my mind off causing bodily injury to anyone for a while anyway,so I guess I won't be going to jail, But for Susan I will be happy to take care of business, I'm just kidding I'm a 5'1" pushover just don't be pushing me I got an extra 30 lbs on me right now , and I'm feeling fiesty.I had a terrible lunch today, mind you it was good, but it was very very bad, don't tell Jane , or she mighe send me away,but my Daughter , came home for lunch and brougt MACDONALDS what was I supposed to say, didn't want to hurt her feelings ,so I ate it all,every bite,but I had diet coke to wash down the cheeseburger ,fries ,and chocolate sundae. I feel so guilty and bad, well Susan had Ding Dongs, and no one said a word to her. No more . I will kindly tell my sweet child , bring salad ,yay.Today is dark wet cold and gloomy, much the way I feel.except that I am not wet,until I take a bath later on that is.
Pam I think your sons idea sounds like fun,you could also do that trash to treasure thing if you enjoy that sort of thing, thats what a lot if those little stores do , they pick up old furniture give it a white wash a few hand painted flowers or decoupage and sell them for big bucks, and it would be fun to do as well.I think I would enjoy something like that too. If we lived close to each other we could start a little business together, with cakes on the side Why are you girls are so far away from me.Even Angie and Kathy are worlds away, well it feels like that Have you used a digital camera Pam , I just began a month ago and I love it,so much fun and so easy . Just think in the last four months I have learned how to use a computer a dvd player and a digital camera, before that didn't even know how to turn them on, its a whole new world.
Angie did you know they have Male maid services now that come and fold your laudry for you,. and no he's not a lawyer Katy I see you got up an hour before I fell asleep , restless nights of late, which explains my jabbering on endlessly .Cristi why didn't you pick me up, I wanted to go to Walmart to, I needed some liquid rose pot pouri for me little pot, I'm getting the distinct feeling you don't like me I think I need some coffee to keep these eyes open, and to wash down that chunk of fat I had for lunch, I really didn't want to eat it,honest. I will be back later, unless of course by chance I sit and that could only mean one thing , sleeeeep. Oh Jane , my Barbara Taylor Bradford Unexpected Blessings book came today , they shipped it yesterday and I got it today, never happened before, but I'm a happy girl Be back later girls I think the key is winding down Have a great afternoon. Gosh Marti almost forgot to say sorry Jhanai didn't get the part , I hope she is not too disappointed, ((HUGS)) hope your feeling better today.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-12-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #43  
PamPSM644

I'm back,Ellen, we don't have a dig.camera yet but Eddie says he'll get one. Can't wait.I'll be able to pester everyone with some pic of my own.LOL.Angie,what a terrific job.I used to love plays in collage,had an instructor who introduced us to them.The Lottery.Come Back Little Sheba,Death Of A Salesman,ect and then Shakespeare's many assortment.When I was 14 I watched Hamlet and was stuned by how relivant it was.I memorized the "To Be Or Not To Be" passages.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Im back for a minute ...

Katy - the weather in IN has been gorgeous today! Some sunshine, finally, and temps at 67. YAY! About the diet blip, just remember failure is not falling down. It is staying down. Glad you're back at it, but not a bit surprised!

Cristi - how was the chicken sandwich at Applebees? I'm going there next week for a birthday dinner with my friend Sally. Hope you and DS had a good time today.

Pam - eBaying is a good idea! I made some $$ there recently. It's amazing how much people will pay for your junk. However, now I am bidding on stuff again, lol. There goes the $$!! I found a retro handbag I just gotta have, lol.

Angie - OIC!!! Que to que!! Never said I was the brightest crayon in the box, lol. I'd love to come and help you! Something like that is just what I need in my life. What I don't understand is, with your outgoing personality, how come you aren't on stage?

Ellen - I eat McD's all the time! Especially fond of the mexican salad... jeez, what's the name of it??? Anyway, it's delish! Before McD's offered fruit, I used to take my own in, and order just a hamburger (6 points) and eat my fruit w/it. Almost always this was with a DGD, and so I feel like I was helping them learn good eating habits, too. Wendy's has oranges sections now. Mmmm!

Well, I got a lot of paperwork taken care of today. Also did some laundry and goofed off quite a bit too, lol. Went to Mary's to get some hugs and kisses from the kids. Gonna go sit on the front porch swing for a little while....

Be good, see you later,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #45  
Closed

Ahh Jane
May I go to Mary's for some kisses and hugs I sure could use some right now.