Old 12-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #16  
Closed

Happy Holidays Everyone :merry:

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-01-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Oh Ellen--She's gorgeous!! I bet she takes after her mother too!! What a beauty! I'm so glad you shared that with us! I hope we get to see a photo of you sometime! (hint-hint!)
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:38 PM   #18  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ellen your daughter is beautiful! They make a sweet couple, both very attractive,,,them grandkids will be gorgeous...lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #19  
Give me strength

Good evening Ladies,
Went to Sylvan yesterday for christmas dinner with friends. Our Dutch tradition,,,gourmetting..say it was a good dutch accent and you will understand..
Well I had a wonderful day once work was done,,,came home and checked my mail and what to my wondering eyes did I see? A box full of cards from all my Jaded Friends! A picture of two adorable kids...a card from Mary,,,I love that front of that card. Will be framing it! And Marti, do you use a ruler to write so neat and straight? You have beautiful penmanship.
What I like most, without looking at the return address I am able to know who wrote me, Thank you Cristi...*smile
Shanna thank you for the card and the kind words. See you in 7 months once school is done.

Jane, Brandon does that surgery possibly in the summer, hes still in the one cast that hes unable to walk with. Mid Jan we go see the Dr. again to determine if he gets a walking cast. Then there is Physio,,,then after hes walking around a bit, we go for the other foot.... I wish Monte could stay home for 3 weeks with me,,,the things I would be doing with him,,,well I just can't bring myself to be saying. Oh alright,,,first off, painting the office,,,entrance way. Cleaning Tanners room out and putting up shelves,,,
Cleaning the basement,,,clearing out the junk. And then relaxing by the fire with a glass of eggnog,,,him with the eggnog...*gag for me.
Cristi, can't you just shmoosh over the yellow with another color to bring your putty couch in to the color scheme?
Katy, well I didnt' do lights but my tree looks pretty good, wish I had the energy to look for them 2 boxes. I look at the tree now and Im thinking with the garland adn lights i may have been pretty gaudy...so in other words perfect! Friends of ours have a revolving base....ooo gotta get me one of them...lol
Well I got Monte's birthday gift on Friday,,,he sent me on a wild goose chase,,,lol his clue,,,Edmonton Trail, next door to Ebony and Ivory,,,not the white one. I walked into a thift store,,,and saw flowers and china dolls...and other lil trinkets,,well Im thinking great what a time of year to have my husband cashing in his senses. But as I was turning to leave saw the boats or ships whatever.
Our neighbours on one side came over with movies for Brandon a couple of days ago,,,how sweet. So Brandon wrote a thankyou card to her and when she read she was close to tears,,,he put thank you *auntie* Debbie for your thoughtfulness, I do appreciate the movies. Sometimes he amazes me..lol
Our other neighbours just dropped of their christmas plate of cookies,,,about 10 lbs worth,,I love them neighbours! She makes the best gingerspice cookies. Im so boring, I always get them blockbuster GC and Tim Horton's GC.
Tanner is staying with my mom for the week,,,he loves that since he gets to be spoiled rotten...lol
well other then that,,,all is well here, got caught up in house work and feeling pretty good. Even was able to do my grocery shopping today.
I need my hair cut so bad I am willing to do it myself!
better make an appointment.

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 12-20-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:46 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Ellen~your DD is BEAUTIFUL! And her honey is not so bad looking either Hubba hubba...thank you for sharing the pic with us. Now I have to agree with Marti, it is your turn lady. I am getting ready to put up some photos of myself soon, just remembered you haven't seen me!

Marti~it's okay to go on about your new car. It's new and you are finding where things are and how they work. Plus you are excited about it, like a kid with a new toy. I too have that on my vehicle but haven't figured it out yet-theres a lot I haven't figured out and still am not used to it. Should have gone over the book before driving it but didn't and the first time it rained I could not figure out how to turn the wipers on-not good. Didn't get mine loaded or with a lot of extras 'cause I am not into them. My main focus was if I liked it and if it had air and a CD player! LOL It does have a sunroof which I am not crazy about-seems to be a popular thing as none of them came without it, except some of the 4 cyl ones. It's actually okay sometimes. DD loves it-she thinks it is the perfect size, as do I. Since you got your new car I have seen them everywhere. Isn't it funny how you hardly ever notice a car till you get one? Or it has been that way with me-now I see them everywhere.

Anyway...nothing on tv so I thought I would check in and see what's up with everyone.

Nighty night ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #21  
Give me strength

Hello Cristi we are posting at the same time....
and again we are the same,,,I didn't know how to use my wipers either. I do like the adjustable seats...
Old 12-20-2004, 10:12 PM   #22  
Closed

:merry:HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE 4 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS LOL

I don't even know where to start , what happened I spend the day doing stuff every body decides to talk.I was wondering if anyone got their Christmas Cards yet , how long does it take to get from here to there do you know?
Hi Jane
I'm so happy to hear I'm on the good list, I am looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day ,I spent some time last night just sitting looking at the decorations, lit some candles and cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket and took it all in, it did make me feel something.I made out the grocery list and all the good things on it was making me pretty excited Did you get your cookies baked ,sounds like a lot of fun in store for the grandchildren.Thats nice that Neal gets time off to spend at home, hopefully he didn't get to much of a chill today. I hope you had a great day and continue having a great night

Hi Marti
Thankyou ,I am very proud of her she is a very sweet kind hearted girl.That is her new sweetie of about 4 months, he has changed her life and I am so happy for her and for them both, they are so sweet together and he is so kind and respectful of her . You don't like fudge huh, is there such a thing as to much sugar I am happy you are enjoying your car so much, and you should, its beautiful.Thats so nice for you that James will have Christmas off. I hope you had a nice day today and you got home in time to relax a bit before work.

Hi Cristi
Thanks Cristi ,your right he is a cutie isn't he , and just as sweet as he can be he makes her so happy all she does is smile now shes on a cloud they both are, and they are enjoying every moment, together,its so wonderful.
I hope your spirit picks up as the days get closer, and mine as well., we will think of happy thoughts .Your friends Mom made popcorn balls my friends Mom made fudge ,they are both so good ,I made a popcorn wreath one Christmas its the same thing and yummy.I'm happy the Christmas pictures cheered you up today is your family far away? Did you manage to get your laundry done, its never ending isn't it.well I hope you had a nice day inspite of it,

Hi Katy
Aren't you lucky two dates in one week , sounds like you had a nice time. So you finally got the highlighting done in your hair I bet it looks so nice,I still need to do something with mine, I also see that you got your Christmas tree up, It sounds very pretty. I enjoyed your pictures very much you have a very sweet family, thankyou for sharing them, Have a great night Katy.

Hi Mindee
Glad to hear that your party went well,it sounds like you had a lot of fun, I agree with everyone about the ignorance of some people , and Katies right Hate is taught and you should do everything to protect your son from it. I hope your having a great night

Hi Sue
So sorry to hear about your BIL ,my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Ihope that your scan goes well, I know that stuff is awful to drink. I hope that you got your mantle decorated and your stockings hung hopefully that helps pick up your spirits , it seem a lot of people are struggling with that this year.((( HUGS TO YOU ALL)))

Hi Julie
It sounds like your busy baking and wrapping gifts, what tasty treat did you make, I hope the insurance works out for you , that would be a tremendous help to you both,How come your getting all the snow you lucky girl , send me some pleaaase.Have a great night Julie.

Hi Kathy
How are you doing , all settled in I hope and ready for Christmas , it must be so pretty out in the country, this time of year. Do you have any snow? Have a great night.

Hi Susan
Where are you ?? I miss you , I hope that everything is alright sending big hugs to you and Gaby (((BIG HUGS)))

Hi Katie, Hi Ann I hope you girls are well and keeping busy getting ready for Christmas

Hi Angie Thankyou ,she's my pride and joy as is my son ,and they do make a cute couple , Yes if all goes according to my plan they will be pretty cute grandbabies I will keep my fingers crossed I couldn't ask for a nicer future son in law,

Happy Holidays to everyone else:merry:,hope you are all doing great,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-20-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #23  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Marti - I don't think you're bragging at all about your car. You and James are working so hard to pay for it, and you should be proud! We're all just so very happy for you, Marti! Wish I had windshield wipers like that! Btw, so glad the boy who was run over by the train is going to make it.

Cristi - oh, I know what you mean about the pictures in the mail! Aren't they great? Neal's nephew sent one of his boys, and my nephew sent one of their twins. How'd these kids get so big already, lol. Like someone else mentioned, I told my family to NOT use the potholder yet, lol. They can be such slobs, lol. You are such a sweetie, always sending messages, cards and other things to us all the time! You mentioned getting a job at some point - WE are your job, lol!!! And we're all very grateful for all you do, Cristi.

Ellen - OMG, your DD and her DBF look like celebrities!! They are both so darn gorgeous!! And yes, it's time you shared a picture of yourself. No, I didn't get the cookies baked yet, but the margarine is soft now, lol, after lying on the island to soften for a couple of days. Today I will make the dough, which has to get cold, then tomorrow I will bake them. Can't wait til the DGDs are old enough to help me roll them out and bake them! Anyway, the kids are coming Thursday evening to decorate them. I bought all kinds of stuff for them to use, lol. There's something new this year - a bag of chocolate chips that also has red stockings and green trees in the bag. How cool is that?!? Also got some pecan pieces to toast, some white chocolate chips, some multi-colored sprinkles, some colored sugars, and....well, maybe that's it. None of us actually eat red hots, so didn't bother with those this time. Of course, I will make white, red, and green frostings for them.

Angie - that's so cool that you basically did a scavenger hunt for the ships! Sounds like you and Monte have lots of fun. Speaking of your mother, did she ever go out and get your Christmas gifts, or did she send you after all? Just wondered how that turned out. You know she's spoiling Tanner to death, lol. I know I would..... it's a grandma's job to indulge grandchildren, lol.

Today I'm having lunch with a good friend, Kathy. We've been best friends since we were 13 - which is 38 years now... dang, I'm old, lol. Anyway, we're going uptown to a fancy little tea house. The owner is a WWer, so she added WW items to the menu, and listed the points value. How cool is that? Gotta save my extra points for Friday and Saturday! Maintenance is sure a lot like regular WW, lol.

Hope you have a great day.. I'll bbl,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #24  
Closed

:merry: HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE , CHRISTMAS IS SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL THE TURKEY.
Hi Jane thankyou for you kind words about the kids ,yes they do make a cute couple ,and they are just as happy as they look, they may look like celebrities but they are both down to earth.umm a picture of me huh, good luck with that one, my kids have been saying for years Mom we need a picture just to prove you really existed, I absolutely hate getting my picture taken, can't explain it I have always been that way.You will have to give me some time with that one.I didn't think I could smell the cookies ,Can i come help decorate, I promise not to eat them ,it sounds like so much fun, The little ones are going to have so much fun decorating the cookies.do you take pictures? I have to reorganize the corner cupboard today I need a lazy susan in there , the shelves are useless and impossible to get anything in and out,that is definitely on my wish list this year. My Daughter and Son did the Christmas Grocery shopping last night for me, how sweet is that, DD even helped me put everything away, so I am ready except that I have to clean the silverwear.When My Grandmother passed away I was given her silverware its beautiful, I cherish it, and use it every Christmas.I think I will buy one of those chests that is treated and prevents tarnishing this year , would save a lot of cleaning which would be better for the silver as well.I guess I should get busy ,have some laundry to do ,and some furballs to vacumm, I will be back later to catch up with everyones activities,Have a great day Jane.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:01 PM   #25  
One day at a time

Well, a very good Tuesday morning ladies...

I must say I am in a bit of a better mood today, not so much Ms. Scrooge! Maybe that's all I needed was some photos from family.

Angie~so sorry didn't see your post when I was done. I logged out as soon as I posted or I would have said HI! As far as the paint, I could do that but just thinking green would go better and I am in a green mood for some reason-really liking it. Plus I am wanting something a little darker because it is so bright in there. Those tree stands that go around are kind of cool. There is a store in the mall that is there only during Christmas-sells Christmas ornaments and such plus calendars. But they always have a big tree in the front that goes around and it is nice. You know, I still have to think about those darn wipers Angie! I had a mini-van for so long they were similar and this is different. It's a stick shift and I still reach up to change the gears and the key is not on the steering wheel. Not sure how long it will take me to get used to the thing. I was missing the lights coming on automatically when it gets dark and just found out that these do also! I really need to read the manual! Does yours have the heated mirrors? I just remembered that yesterday. Remember the guy telling us about it like it was really something but I guess if there is a lot of frost it comes in handy except I park in the garage. Anyway...I am loving it! Hope you are loving yours also.

Ellen~I did get my laundry done but will be doing a couple of loads today also. For some reason I try to stay on top of it during the week but the weekends, eh...depends on what's going on as to whether I will do it or not on the weekend. I am glad that your DD and BF are happy, they really do make a great couple and you can see from the pic that they are happy-they look good together. Not sure exactly how long it takes to get a letter to Canada but I did mail something this morning and she told me 5-8 days, yikes! LOVE your clip art/pic-that is nice. Looks so warm and cozy. My family is about 7 1/2 hours away and while it is not too far I just haven't managed to drag myself down there. Been meaning to but when it comes down to it I back out. I guess too because they always think I have to come to them instead of them coming here. Of course some of my family just don't have the time or funds to do so which is understandable. But after seeing pics of my nieces yesterday I realized how much I have missed by not going and need to make a trip soon. Maybe next year I will plan on spending some time there during or before the holidays. I don't want to leave the kids here alone for the holidays and they can't go because of their jobs, yadda, yadda.

Jane~yes, I do enjoy getting pics in the mail. I kept looking at my nieces and thinking WOW! Didn't realize it had been so long since seeing them last and they grew too fast! Sarah Jane is 6, and the twins Tiffany & Brittany are 11 but they are so cute still! I look forward to my cousins yearly letter as well. They always give an update on the family and she lines the side of the pages with pics of them all. I have to say, I really do enjoy sending little gifts to everyone and sending cards. Your cookies sound delicious with all the frosting and toppings. Okay, the frosting I can do without but all the sprinkles and such, yummy! Good thing I don't bake any, would probably eat more than I give! The kids think I am weird because I like cake w/o the frosting. And pancakes without syrup. Enjoy your lunch with your friend.

Anyway, I have been working on this post for over a hour! Okay, had to stop to put fabric softener in the washer and water to the beans and to talk. LOL I am fixing chili for dinner tonight and good thing as it is a little chilly out. I will cook the beans for three hours, put all the other ingredients in and then throw it in the crock pot to simmer for a few hours. Perfect chili weather. Anway...going to go with V to the foot doc this afternoon and that's about all I have for now ladies.

Hi to everyone else. Take care all and have a wonderful day!

Edited: Just had to say HI to Ms. Ellen! That was sweet of your DD & DS! Wish I could get mine to do that! Actually, they would if I asked but don't think they would get the right stuff. Even DH hates to go for fear of getting the wrong stuff! Anyway, another beautiful pic! Had to print them to put on my cork board. Have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-21-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:41 PM   #26  
Closed

Hi Cristi :merry:
We make a list of what everyone would like I specify certain things and they pick up the things they would like to have as well it works out well , they are very good at this now, So happy you are feeling cheerier, its an awful feeling wishing away something so beautiful,I hope you feel better and better we still have four days you know , I'm sure we can find some extra Spirit we have time.I'm supposed to be getting snow , so thats a sure Spirit booster for me, I hope there is something you find that brings you the magic,everyone deserves to feel it on Christmas.I hope it doesn't take 5-8 days I will feel so bad, I didn't plan on them going out so late.well I mailed them last I think it was wednesday, or Thursday,can't remember now.I really hope they come before Christmas , thats the whole point of Christmas cards I think, Oh let me know when they come in .I think it would be nice to spend some time with your family , I know what you mean about always having to go to them , but sometimes you just can't change them and your the one that misses out. I went through that .Well I just wanted to pop in and say hi,I have laundry goint to and I am also cleaning the light fixture in my room , forgot about that one , and I thought I was done. So I hope you have a great day and I will check back later on my break Hi Marti I just wanted to thank you for the birthday card it was very sweet of you to think of me. I know I thanked you Cristi ,but just in case you missed it thankyou as well your sweet to , I was wondering if all you girls could tell me when your birthdays are because I need lots of notice to get cards out on time, I don't want the same thing to happen as with the Christmas cards ,although I am so hoping they get to you all by Christmas.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-21-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

Hi everybody!

Just a quick one to say: We're expected to get up to 10" of snow tonight!!! YAY!!!! Wanted to let you know - since I'm out in the boonies, with a dial-up connection, the snow could affect my internet service. If you don't hear from me, that would be why. Hopefully, tho, I will still be able to get online. That is, if I can still function after making snow angels, lol. Did I tell you I bought a 66" sled for the kids? OH WHAT FUN!!!!! I may just lay on my belly and slide down the hill on it, lol!!

Ellen - yes, I sure do like the clip art...

Gotta go...
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Whoa, 10 inches of snow Jane! EGADS! Just make sure and keep it there! LOL

I would love to have a white Christmas as no one would have to get out in it this weekend but not right now and definitely not 10 inches! Of course they say we are supposed to get a few flakes, not sure what a few flakes are. Guess not enough snow to say we will get some. And by the way the weather is going it could happen. Was supposed to get up to 44 today and when I went to the store they said it got up to 39 and then dropped to 34. It was cold with the wind, brrrrrr.

Would ya know it, I went and burned the beans! So had to go to the store and get more and start over. Now to get that nasty smell out of the house! I must say I don't think I have ever burned any beans before. Well, maybe once as a teenager. I was too busy on the 'puter and that's what happens when you are downstairs and can't smell it. There will be chili tonight tho.

Ellen~oh, when I have sent DH to the store I do give a specific list as there are certain brands I like and I also give him a second choice in case. If they have neither he will go elsewhere. Not because I make him he just doesn't want to bring the wrong stuff home. But there have been times I forgot to write a second choice and he got something I had to deal with. Oh well...

Gotta go ladies. Hope you both get all that snow you are wanting.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #29  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies!!

I've been busy since I got up this morning!! Non stop.....since when is life so busy??
I ran to Walmart today do get the last of the stocking stuffers. I'm officially done. (well, I actually have one item I need to buy, but that's at the grocery store!)
Then headed out to grandpa's to help clean house. Did his laundry and remembered...oh yeah, I have laundry at home that needs to go in the dryer!!
Been cleaning up my house to make it more presentable, and I'm finishing up on my Christmas cards. How terrible is that, that I still have cards that needs sent out?!
Anyway...I hope you all are having a more relaxing day. I need to finish up around the house before I go to work. You all have a wonderful day.....it's the shortest day of the year today!!

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:18 PM   #30  
Give me strength

Cristi, I can't tell you how many times I have tried to change to drive with the wipers,,,cause in my mini van the wipers where on the left and the gear shift was on the right,,,,lol I love the heated mirror,,,this moring it was frosty and they work! I didn't get the heated seats but I did wish for them this morning. But wow does it ever warm up fast so I guess Im ok. Did you have to take a class on yours? I went last week,,,told me all about the warranty again and how they do the maintenance and my job to bring it in on time. And then the guy gave me 25 bucks towards my first oil change...ok cool.
Marti, I would never think you are bragging about your ca,,,heck girl you should be! Niiiiiiicee wheels...lol Clean house? arghhh I have to clean again,,,not really bad but could use a could wiped down every where.
Jane,,,wow you guys must be colder way down there in the south then it is up here. We snowed enough to put a covering on the ground,,,Monte just came in from outside and he said its snowing again. I remember living up in the NWT and it being like 5-6 feet high with snow. My grandpa was forever getting mad at me if I walked in the ditch,,,cause I could of literally got stuck and well lets not think what could of happened.
Ellen, I just got the most beautiful card ever today. Thank you! Now about this picture,,,why not go and get a make over and then get some pictures done? Do two things at once,,,you said a makeover is one thing you want to do,,,soooo????
Katiecat,,,gotta tell I really like that card you sent,,,i brought it to work and have it hanging on my cubicle,,,and then half way through work I realized why,,,thats how I used to look as a baby...lol cheeky...lol

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser? At first just hearing that show made me uncomfortable but then ok I ve gotten hooked in the last 3 weeks,,,Im also been glued to Desperate Housewives,,,wowee the story lines are woweee,,,lol
Well I should go and do my thing,,,clean or somethign...arghhh
night