Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 06:25 AM   #61  
deleted2

Anagram, my father never learned to swim either and he was in the army in Italy during WWII and the boat he was on was hit and he said the next thing he knew he was on dry ground and had no recolection how he got there. The man that was with him said my dad hit the water and was windmilling his arms and he said 'For someone who doesn't know how to swim, you're the swimmingest SOB I'd ever seen'!!! I love that story!
Just goes to show that the survival instinct is strong indeed.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:45 AM   #62  

Hello all!

Dh will spend most of today taking a nuclear stress test to try and pin down his difficulty breathing. I thought I was not too worried about it but then found myself very short tempered w/ the dog and realized I might be stressed too...

So, I took a few moments to say ask for strength and felt better immeadiately...

Its so easy to say "Don't worry till you know if its anything serious" but subconciously, I think I am constantly thinking about it.

Thought of the day:

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

---Oprah Winfrey

Question of the day :

"When you were a little kid, how did you answer, 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'
What is your answer now?"
---Kaye

So, any positive vibes sent this way would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks Eydie, it was wonderful to see your note waiting for me...

WEDNESDAY BONUS GRIN!!!!!

Subject: Today's Thoughts
>
>
> > All stolen, but who cares!!!!!
> >
> > The older I get, the less important the comma becomes. Let the reader
> catch
> > his own breath!
> >
> > A baby boomer is a man who hires someone to cut the grass so he can play
> golf
> > for exercise!
> >
> > All pro athletes are bilingual. They speak English and profanity.
> >
> > There are only two things a child will share willingly - communicable
> > diseases and his mother's age.
> >
> > Thin people are beautiful but fat people are adorable.
> >
>
Special Thanks for contributing to B!
>

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #63  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning, All. I've got two days in OP again, white-knuckling it at some points -- stressed out and longing for sweet oblivion via carborama. Holding on, though, and I know it gets easier. Day 3. I've been thinking about how much better it feels to stay away from the white stuff, but I guess I'd forgotten that the first few days aren't always a joy. Sometimes it seems quicker than others getting to the good part. I will hang on!

Punkin, so nice to see you reporting in. I'd forgotten -- is your group a pagan one? Hope this isn't too nosy. I'd like to join something similar if I could find it here. Maybe through a web search.

Kaylets, holding your DH in my thoughts! Here's hoping it's something minor and easily fixed!

Eydie, what a fantastic achievement to realize you don't have to obsess about weight! I don't think the obsession tends to be helpful. Here's to eating healthily and not obsessing about weight!

Ceara, ear candling sounds nice, in a bizarre sort of way Is it something you do periodically or just when you have some kind of symptoms?

Anagram, that's it, isn't it. Consistent exercise is the way to feel better. I'm trying to get back into the habit of doing yoga every day. I feel altogether different when I do, and this "no time" excuse doesn't really cut it, because I'm much more productive when I feel better. (there, I think I talked myself into it)

Amarantha, I know what you mean about eating in response to negative emotions. I've found myself eating BEFORE I can experience the emotion, sort of like an innoculation, I guess. I'll be administering drug of choice and wondering why and then realize that someone had said something or some tiny little thing that made me uneasy was probably at the root of it. That said, I do think some of it is physiological, even when it's in response to a psychological impulse. I find when I'm on a "smart carbs" kind of plan that I still have the impulses but they're more like idle thoughts that I can dismiss rather than those ones that grab you that you have to fight with your entire being. Avanti!

K-- just about off to the gym. Love to all! Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-20-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:42 AM   #64  

That's a great story, Eydie. Always wondered what would have happened to dh under similar circumstances...

Of course, you're stressed, Kaylets. Hoping all will be well......

And good for you, Wood Nymph, back on track again already. I've never had my ears candled either. Always sounded interesting.

Fighting discipline still this a.m. Even planning an easy day it's hard to get moving. It's those gray skies, I'm sure.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #65  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning loves,

It's been a stressful week... my beloved Bo-Beena's suffered a miscarriage and I'm devastated for her. I've been her shoulder to cry on, then hanging up the phone and crying myself. That "it wasn't meant to be" is obvious, but not all that consoling.
On the other hand, she's looking at it also as a "do-over". She (we) are getting back on the wagon in our quest for improved health... oh, life has such twists n' turns.

My Ren faire meeting was laughable - if I weren't so damn angry about it. They got us in there and switched things over to a mercinary fighting club complete with role playing and wife swapping (no, I'm not kidding). Soooo, needless to say, I won't be involved in that new activity! My legitimate group keeps me plenty busy with family, emotional and karma friendly activities thankyouverymuch!

Kaylets, I'll be thinking of your DH. Hope it all comes out ok, at least he's getting it checked! Unfortunately I can't bring the same thing to all those
$%(&# potlucks. One's a taco party, one's pizza.... Well, 2 down, 3 to go! BTW, LOVE Covert Bailey, need to dig out my books - I have the series - for a good motivational boost!

Amarantha, so good to see you again! I missed you, your Highness!

Eydie, today's the first day of my sugar de-tox. Seeing your results has also inspired me! Well done you! Laughed at the story about your father, guess we do have a "swim gene"!

Ceara, welcome back from Colorado! Congrats on the pups for their job well done!

Anagram, about those slacks, apparently your body is still shaping itself big time! Loved reading your recollections, I'm envious, I wish *I* could remember such beautiful details... :LOL:

Arabella, yes our group is pagan. We have some that are of native american heritage, a strega and the rest of us are eclectic in nature. Try witchvox.com for groups in your area, I think they're by far the best pagan community resourse site on the web.

Well, I should get some work done... can't wait for the weekend (I know, shocked by this fact aren't you??)

Til later,

Terri
259/???/145

"Don't have goals, call them dreams with a deadline."
~ Phyllis Curott

Last edited by Punkinseed; 10-20-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #66  
Hot Stuff

Oh, Punkin. I'm devastated for BoBeena, too. You two take care of each other while she recovers from this. She might be putting on a brave face, but eventually this will all come to a head. It isn't just the baby she lost, she's lost all those already-made hopes and dreams...well, I know you know...and that you know we will be here to help if we can. On another note, I agree that witchvox is the best resource on the web.

Great story, Eydie! Sink or swim...put in that situation you learn quickly!

Kaylets, thinking of you and DH. When will he have results?

Anagram, my ex-US Navy husband can't swim either. I almost drowned I was laughing so hysterically the first time I saw him attempt to dogpaddle his way across a pool and I had to go rescue him.

Hello Arabella, Ceara, wsw if you're reading, Amarantha, Momma Frog, and anyone I've missed. Anyone know where Cerise is?

I think I have finally found something that is working to motivate me. It involves a tall handsome Irishman and that's all I'm saying. (No, DH isn't Irish!) More later.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:39 PM   #67  

Well, now, that comment woke me up - a tall handsome Irishman - hmmmm?

Punkin, I too am devastated for Bobeena (and you). And so glad for her, that she has you to help carry her through this tough time.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:30 PM   #68  
Hot Stuff

This was sent to me by one of my very best friends and I thought of you all and wanted to share:

Women in My Circle

When I was little, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend, and
then I started to become a woman.

And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up it will show
you the best in many friends.

One friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your man.

Another friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your
momma.

Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke or just be.

One friend will say "Let's pray together", another "Let's cry together",
another "Let's walk away together"...

One friend will meet your spiritual needs, another your shoe fetish, another
your love for movies, another will be with you in your season of confusion,
another will be your clarifier, another the wind beneath your wings...

But whatever the assignment in your life, on whatever occasion, on whatever
the day, or wherever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes and hair
pulled back or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself...
those are your best friends.

It may all be wrapped up in one woman, but for many it's wrapped up in
several... one from 7th grade, one from high school, several from the
college years, a couple from old jobs, several from church; on some days
it's your mother, on others your sisters, and on some days it's the one that
you needed just for that day or week that you needed someone with a fresh
perspective, or the one who didn't know your baggage, or the one who would
just listen without judging... they are good girlfriends/best friends.

Men are wonderful, husbands are excellent, boyfriends are awesome, male
friends are priceless... but if you've ever had a real good girlfriend, then
you know there's nothing like her!

Thank You, God, for girlfriends...those who honor intimacy, those who honor
trust, and those who just guide you back when you feel like life is just too
heavy. The special bond we share, that's unique to us. The words we've
shared. The prayers we've sent up. The laughter, the tears, the phone
calls, the emails, the shopping, the movies, the lunches, the dinners, the
late night talks, afternoon talks, the weekend talks, all the talking,
talking, talking and the listening, listening, listening...

So whether you've been there 20 minutes or 20 years - I love you!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:53 AM   #69  

Good morning all! I've got three days now and felt better yesterday. Tuesday was AWFUL, but I hung in. I feel less stressed about work too -- finally told the guy I was doing some extra work for that I just can't handle anything extra right now. So now I feel like I have time to do my job -- hooray!

Actually managed to do yoga yesterday, in addition to walking, cross trainer, weight machines, tai chi and qi qong. All told, a bit over 2 hours, but spread through the day so it didn't seem overly time-consuming. Going for a run this morning and then yoga I think.

Punkin, love to you and BoBeena -- I'm so sorry about her loss! And -- OH GOSH mercenary fighting and wife-swapping? Not quite what you had in mind for the Faire, huh? Yup, stay with karma-friendly and spirit-enhancing, I say.

Wildfire -- that was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! A tall handsome Irishman (oh, that is one of my FAVORITE accents!) I'm on tenterhooks!!! I don't think anyone's heard from Cerise. I sent her a PM but you never know if people's addresses are still current. We miss her!

Anagram, oh why is it so hard to get moving some days? I'm a terrible procrastinator, for one thing. The other day when I was feeling so stressed all day my body was screaming for exercise -- I was just moving around the house but kind-of actively and it was the only thing that felt good all day. But, of course, I took my body up and plunked it back down at the computer anyway.

K -- dollings, I'm off to break fast and thence to a little work before exercise. Love to all -- let's make this a good one!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:02 AM   #70  

Hello all!

Punkin- I too send my very best to you and Bobeena and her family. I can't imagine how awful this must be for all of you, especially her. It must be so difficult.

Wildfire- been wondering how you were doing! Women in My Circle is great... thanks so much for sharing...

DH's test went well... luckily, he was having a "good" breathing day and was pretty comfortable throughout... He anticipated the worst... the absolute worst I found out last night... but realized during the test that the doctor must have ordered a less rigourous stress test than the previous ... He came home w/ sore upper arms which tells me he was clenching ....
He has an appt next Thursday to get the results...
Obviously, if something was too terribly wrong, they would've told him right away as I know from experience w/ my Dad... he was in the hospital the very next morning... so...
thanks for the good vibes ...

I was stressing a little about my 10th speech due next week ( took the whole week off to be ready! ) ...I knew my theme but didnt have that great opener and/or visual aid I always like to incorporate in my speech... but then this morning's thought of the day gave me inspiration... in more ways than one...

Isnt that funny about inspiration? and how the thoughts that were so "blocked" then come tumbling along so quick you are afraid you won't remember them all...
Hmmmmmmmmm

so...
Here we go Thursday, here we go!

Thought of the day :

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts.
- Anonymous

Question of the day :

"5 years from now, what do you expect to have completed?"

ARABELLA!!! Just saw your post hit my email.... DH has been searching for a Qi Gong teacher/ class ... no one here in this area... can you give him some pointers??? He really believes it will give him relief ...

Thanks all!
KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #71  

Kaylets,

I do think that qi qong is miraculous -- I've got a couple of tapes that I find very helpful and easy to follow. And the library probably has books with more exercises. I did respond to your request before, but I think it kind of got lost in the shuffle at the end of a thread: Here's the link to my earlier post:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...2&page=6&pp=15

All the best to you and DH!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #72  
Empress/Queen

Did someone say "tall, handsome Irishman?"

Details, please!

Kaylets, sending positive vibes thru stratosphere to thy neck o' the palace. Keep a good thought and t'will be over soon, but it's hard not to worry, isn't it? Thinking o' thee.

Eydie: Thanks for the visit to the Hut. All there are happy to see thee when thou's in the neighborhood.

Arabella: Yea, the crazies get a little less crazy when we stay consistent with an eating plan ... I'm on Day 11 of an under-1700 streak (details on journal in the diet land far, far away) and it's amazing how in control I now am after 10 days of doing it.

Punkin, sorry thy faire activity turned out to be so warriorlike ... methinks those Ren folkes were mighty overactive in the sturm-und-drang category in centuries past ... well, I guess folkes today are, too, but we do it with computers and air-to-ground missiles.

Sorry about Bo-Beena's miscarriage. Hope she returneth to the forum someday as she be nice.

Anagramatic: Sorry the skies be gray in thy area ... I remembereth gray skies, would like some sent over here, if thou please!

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, again apologies for trouncin' in and trouncin' out ... I'm in brevity mode right now. Killer day yesterday and should be working but need to rest up a bit.

[/color]
Old 10-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #73  

Amarantha! Mmmm.... tall, handsome Irishman -- doesn't that sound GOOD!!! Now, of course, we'll find out she's talking about an Irish wolfhound or something
Old 10-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #74  
Hot Stuff

Well, twice I've typed out a long explanation of my Irishman, and twice the site froze and gave me a DNS error and threw my post out the window. I'm taking it as a sign and leaving it be for the time being. Sorry!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:32 AM   #75  
deleted2

Wildfire, awww, we all want to know too---but when the time is right!

Punkin, sorry to hear about BoBeena. I too have fond memories of her all-too-brief stay at the palace. She's lucky to have you!
I've got to tell you that we had the Ren Fair folks at the Homestead about 12 years ago and it was a disaster! They camped overnight and were such slobs. And one of the staff caught a delightful couple having sex in the glare of daylight, not even concealed behind the boxwoods by the historic home itself, actual intercourse! The lovebirds said that the staff member was in the wrong because "he heard us, he knew what we were doing, he shouldn't have looked!"
Needless to say we haven't booked that event again! Now I'm not saying that all the Ren Fair people are that way, of course, but why take a chance....!

Had my first "white-knuckle" day yesterday since I've quit eating "obvious sugar". I had a bit of stress yesterday and wanted nothing more than to dive into a big bucket of cookies. Didn't though!

Closed Thread