Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #46  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello dolls, I found ya!

They really, really need to find a wagon with better seatbelts! I was on it, hit one turn in the road and I flew off like a crash test dummy! Don't know how I'll survive the next 2 weeks, but I shall persevere! One meal at a time, focus on the veggies and protein...

No joke, between 10/16-10/30 I have FIVE potlucks!!!!!!! How did this happen????

Been a busy bee - again/still. Yesterday my local group asked me to become a member of the Core Families. I accepted enthusiastically of course, what an honor. The Core Families make the decisions for the group, plan local events, Sabbats, etc. Pretty exciting stuff for me! This weekend I have my first Renaissance Guild meeting too. Still have discussion group every Friday night until November, then it's over for the winter, and Full Moon on 10/27... Can't wait for November, when the social butterfly in me *should* slow down!

Anagram, 46 years together is indeed an inspiration. Makes my heart warm to hear you talk about how you both still feel about each other.

Frogger momma!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! The world needs more red heads too! Can't wait to see pictures!

Cacmsc, where'd ya go? Welcome, welcome, welcome! We wanna know more about you!

Kaylets, love the Christopher Reeve quote - it really makes you think doesn't it? WHAT is keeping us from doing whatever we want? And yes, what's going on with Vioxx is scary. My stepfather's been on it for a few years now and he's already got a history of strokes - he didn't need any help! So, now we're looking for a new med without the side effect of bleeding - which all the others cause, and he can't take (because of the strokes he's had in the past). Geez why do they do this!?!?!?!?

Hi Eydie!!!!

Anyone else already Christmas shopping? I've already got a few people on my list done and after all the Halloween hubbub I'll probably finish up. Loooove being all warm n' toasty at home while everyone's out rushing to finish! And this year I have a baby to shop for!!!! Bo-Beena will be about 4 months pregnant by Christmas....

Well, should get some work done... happy Friday eve everyone!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 10-14-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #47  
deleted2

Hi Queenly Ones! Did another reception at work and didn't eat any of the goodies---it's getting easier and easier. I've finally dropped another pound-so that puts me at 134 pounds. [just 4 pounds away from having my navel pierced! Hee hee] Today I'm going to my best friend's parents' house for their annual apple butter making extravaganza. I'm sure there will be all kinds of sweets there--my plan is to take more than enough healthy foods with me so I won't be tempted. My calories may go over, but at least I won't be eating sugar.

Hi Punkin! Lovely to see you, and that's very exciting news about being asked to be part of the Core Families. An honor indeed!

Where's Queen wsw? Check in with us, please!

Old 10-16-2004, 07:29 AM   #48  

Hello all!

Things got very, very hectic and I too tore right thru my seat belt and hit the chocolate HARD!!! Wednesday was Snack Day and the group who hosted it, used Halloween as the theme set up on the empty desk in front of mine...
Short story is that I was distracted Wed and Thurs but resisted but Friday, job stress, domestic stress and not eating breakfast made me actually go looking to see if the chocolate was left and there was LOTS!

So, I made a public announcement and ate till I couldnt eat without feeling sick.... It was time to go too which probably was a good thing ...

So, I came home, drank lots of water and tea, as within 2 hrs, was already feeling that furry tongue sensation. Luckily, this morning, I am ok so far...
Was sure I'd have to deal w/ that "MORE MORE MORE" sensation when I woke up...

On the plus side.... I didnt pretend I wasnt eating the chocolate... which I think was why I am not feeling too guilty... I will just have to move forward...

SO.... Hot off the press, take a few for now, take some for later and to share,
NO GUILT CARDS!!!!! and if don't forget, when you turn them over they read
"FRESH START!!".....

Hi Punkin! Glad you could stop by! Holy Mackeral! that is some kind of schedule! 5 potlucks ... will you bring the same thing each time?? I'd be tempted.....

I'll be back in a little while .....
Old 10-18-2004, 05:31 AM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Royal Adventuresses (is that a word) ... sorry about being away from the palace all the time and then only doing me-me posties when returning but I do lurk amongst thee when thou least expecteth it. It's often hard to find time for posties beyond the journal I'm doing in the online diet land far far away ... I'm doing great (she modestly saith) on my Halloween challenge and a calorie control "streak" I've embarked on.

Punkin, it's good to "see" thee again!!!

Kaylets, methinks chocolate now and then be not such a bad thing ... it's a health food, isn't it? Loaded with antioxidants ...

Since my "streak" started, I've been studying the effects of even the tiniest bit of stress or any negative feeling on my fab bod and notice that I can be sailing along feelin' in complete control but when a negative thought surfaces (lots of them do), it brings with it an automatic thought to eat something ... I can actually feel the cortisol or whatever rising and my blood pressure going up and evidently my deep belief is that putting something in my mouth is the medicine to counteract that ... a very, very strong desire to eat ...

So we should never be fooled that this is an easy fight to win ... but it can be won.

Not sure if the above makes sense, it's the middle of the night! Bye all.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:02 AM   #50  

Hello all!

Hello Empress!
Glad you could stop by!
In fact, I just skimmed a book who touched on the same subject, that we our brains are "wired" to tell us to eat for many more reasons than just sheer hunger... don't remember all the details but do remember that the book's premise was this... when we resist a urge to eat, for whatever reason BUT even if its for comfort, we are adding lots more stress due to feeling deprivation...
I never understood Deprivation to be more than a psychological feeling... this book argues that deprivation is as much physical......
Makes sense to me if you are skipping meals but sure explains the increased stress I felt at work when the 3 days of Snack Day were laid out on the empty desk in front of me.....
Also, lifts a whole lot more guilt.....

Interesting....

Thought of the day :

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
---Walt Disney

Question of the day :

" What was happening this time of the year when you were 16?"

so, another weekend flew by ....
Did get some progress made w/ Ebay auction photos ... will be glad it was some and not none... although I do wish I had made more progress... Also got a couple of slow cooker meals made ahead.. even managed to cook some dry black beans and freeze them to be there on those " rushed" nights...

DH left early to make up time he's taking for Dr appts and tests... so that was weird to get up an hour early... glad I had a lot of his lunch and clothes ready...

Never mind about me.. How is everyone??
Anybody have any fun this weekend??
How about a nice nap even??

!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #51  
deleted2

Hi Empress! Lovely to see you and you're doing so well. You are on a roll----don't let up!

Kaylets, what was the title of that book? And about the question of the day, I don't recall exactly what was happening this time of year when I was 16 but I'm sure I was doing something absolutely shameful---and disco was king!

Friends, it may be a fluke--but when I weighed myself this morning, it showed me at 133 pounds! Cutting back on sugar has been so good for me! And my energy level's up. I got up this morning at 5:00 with no problems and did a 30 min. abs video. I'd forgotten how much I love getting up really early.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:38 AM   #52  

Hello all!

Eydie, the book is called " Fit or Fat" by Covert Bailey... might carry it w/ me for the bus ride to review what I think I read... Let's hope I got it right!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #53  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

I've been reading and reading and reading!

Congrats on the new arrival Frogger! Get lots of sleep and just do what your guts tell you...not every one else. Enjoy her....she's only little once!

Nice history on the brown betty. Can't remember the QODs. Actually can't even seem to type....

Got back from Colorado trip last night....what a drive! Saw lots of gorgeous country...and we drove up Pike's Peak....what a thrill. Next time I'll take the cog train....hadda do laundry practically. Dogs did well....the judging was weird...what else is new. The puppy placed consistantly in her classes...the others not...but that was what I expected. People saw them and that is what counts. Saw the Garden of the Gods....awesome...and shopped in old Colorado...lots of cute shops.

Trip was a little stressful I think....munch monkey in the van...however the scale is showing the same number so that is good....I didn't eat as often as the other person did and I am more mobile and active...that likely made the difference.

Howsomever... (and I know that isn't a word), today I need to do banking and shopping...why is it that no one knows how to buy milk? My daughter is moaning because there is no food and was actually happy to see me for this reason...my shopping! What a goof!

So off to do something Would like to crawl back into bed but think I'll just make an early night of it....have already done 2 loads of laundry from the trip so that is good....was nearly outta undies there...

Punkin! Good to see thee back on the wagon....I'm haulin' meself back up there as I type!

to all royals....gotta haul a** here!~

Ceara
Old 10-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #54  

Wowza *to quote* - nice to see the palace filling up again. There were echoes in the hall over the weekend. Hi Empress, Hi Punkin.

Sounds like a great trip, Ceara! And an interesting book, Kaylets/Eydie. Hope dh does well on tests, etc., Kaylets.

Nice weather here today so making hay........Rest of week sounds rainy. Guys showed up to hopefully finish outside repairs to house. Off to pool. Hands full of no guilt and Fresh Start cards.

Here we go, Monday (there I go, quoting again).
Old 10-19-2004, 06:48 AM   #55  

Hello all!

You should've heard the rain when the alarm went off this am!! Pounding sheets of rain!
Its slowed some but I don't think I am going to put a lot of effort into my hair and makeup till I get inside the office!
Luckily, I wear my hair short....

Dh sees one of his doctor's today... the endocrinologist... hopefully btwn this dr and the GP, they can figure out the shortness of breath problems DH is having....

Thought of the day :

"There is always one true inner voice.
Trust it."
---Gloria Steinam

Question of the day :

"What were you doing this time of year 10 yrs ago?"

Must go deal w/ puddles and "rain delay " traffic!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-19-2004, 06:56 AM   #56  

Well good rainy morning, Royals. Congrats, Eydie, on that additional loss and for being back on track again. My fall from grace over the weekend was monumental and restressed my tummy again. New med has helped some but still having some problems.

Also not losing any weight but, strangely, having some other little successes. A month or so ago i had bought a new pair of gray slacks which did seem a mite roomy. When I went to wear them last week, they were baggy so I exchanged them for the smaller size. Yes, they fit although they could stand a few pounds loss to feel 'perfect'. Also last month had bought a red top, later went backt to get same in cream. Same size too big. Didn't buy it. Later went back tried on smaller size - Yay! Bought three different colors. Am parting w/fair amount of stuff that was big at end of last winter but now seems so big as to be unwearable. So I am heartened by all of this and still clinging.

Have been faithfully making the pool three times a week and adding periodic bursts of speed to my in-water cycling and cross country-ing. Not getting in a lot of outdoor walking though as I usually do at this time of year. Too much rain. Will try to work on that between the may raindrops expected this week.

Still modifying my "plan" - lots of oatmeal for stomach is helping cholesterol, I hope, but am giving that area a bit more attention. HDL, triglycerides good but LDL seems to be trying to creep up. Probably another reason to get in more walking.

Anyway, enjoy the day, my s - I'm off to survey the realm and chart a course.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:17 AM   #57  

QOD gave me lots of good thoughts, Kaylets. Can't remember any one specific thing but it was sort of a "golden age". Both kids recently married. DH working at his post retirement job - an interesting one though running its course (he would retire again four months later). Since it was fall, we'd have been doing a lot of running around, travelling. Knees were bothering me but shots helped. I was still playing golf so that would have fit into some fall days as well. I was at least 35 lbs heavier than I am now. But a lot more active. Yes, probably a "golden age" (one of many, I'm glad to say) but no princesses in my life at that point. So a new kind of joy still around the corner.

Re prior question about 16, I'd have been a junior in a small parochial school in a very small town. Working a few hours a week as a "housekeeper" for a teacher and a few more hours playing music, checking coats at a local teenage dance. No boyfriend but a burgeoning romantic interest in a friend which lasted off and on in varying stages until I met dh. I was the oldest of only six children at that time, a good student, a quiet kid. Loved fall even then esp in those mountains when the leaves turned. Didn't drive, not much to do there but family chores, jobs, schoolwork kept me busy. We might have already started practice for school play. Wasn't crazy about my part that year - I was cast as the MOM (it was the biggest female part that year but it wasn't my cup of tea compared to two prior years). But the plays were the best part of my school year and it "kept me off the streets" - which there were pretty safe and you were always more or less under observation by people who knew your family and didn't hesitate to let them know of any perceived improprieties. I think I was related to at least a third of them anyway. Everything was far from perfect but looking back at tis GREAT distance it can seem somehow idyllic.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #58  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Yesterday was good on the food front and then came the evening. Oh well, onwards! My challenge for today will be to eat sensibly...which is generally easy...and drink water. Then I WILL NOT EAT after 7 p.m. I guess that means no dinner potluck meeting for the Optimists for me!

Training class was fun last night...one of our members is suffering from really bad knees...surgery is coming...and he has white shepherds...so I moved his dog for him...Jeez, they go fast!

Did the Costco thing yesterday, and some church chair stuff....and got my ears candled....that feels much better thank-you. And three loads of laundry....and made chicken in the crock pot....boneless thighs with 1 c of honey and 1 c of HP sauce, mix and cook on high for 4 hours. So today is grocery shopping at the no frills....where I get other things. My daughter was a little happier last night....there were more food choices for her.

Other than that I think I need to wash a heathen or two and do a little grooming on the seniors...their ears are quite hairy, not to mention their skulls ... I do have another show in Ohio this coming week-end.

Ten years ago...my daughter was nine, son seven. Was working in a different branch....and likely doing Storytime on this morning. Was 15 pounds lighter, just starting in the union as a rep. Was on the board or VP in two different dog clubs......still had a mortgage, a blue van, same house, same husband . Did more sewing then tho'.

So gotta get goin' here....still draggy from trip and can't type...of course I have no lights on....good thing I took keyboarding in high school....I use the back arrow and delete buttons a lot.

Up and At'em Atom Ant!

Ceara
Old 10-20-2004, 05:28 AM   #59  
deleted2

Kaylets, I've been meaning to ask how your Beloved is. Let us know, okay?

About your question of the day, I don't remember exactly, but I can guarantee I was agonizing about my weight! A couple of days ago I had the revelation that I don't have to do that anymore. What a blessing!!!

Anagram, Congrats on the lower sizes--that's always a thrill! And I'm so proud of you for going to the pool so regularly. Do you do 'aqua' classes or do you swim? One of my many deep dark secrets: I can't swim a lick!

Ceara, do you notice a difference of any kind after ear candling? Haven't done that in a while---I recall how soothing it was though.

Still doing my new low/no sugar program and am feeling great. I have cravings, but I handle them so much better.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:05 AM   #60  

Good morning, s. I'll be sorry later that I'm up so early today. Have been sleeping pretty well lately so hope this is an aberration and not the start of a bad habit.

And how much energy not lost on stressing over weight, Eydie. At the pool, I mostly hang in neep water doing cross country ski moves and bicycling. I also do lots of stretching, etc. and general flexibility stuff. It's 50 minutes or so of constant movement. I used to be able to swim but could probably only doggie paddle now. I do "swimming" now but it's with a flotation belt. Still working on getting it back. The kicking feels uncomfortable with the new knees so I'm trying to get them used to it.
Sometimes there is an instructor in the water for those who want to work out with her/him but hasn't happened for a while - they've been having lots of staff layoffs. I usually don't work out with them (to be honest, most of these people are older than I and the pace is a bit slow for me). So I hang out in the deep end with people more inclined to do their own thing - I've had physical therapy, taken other classes and know what I need to do for my own situation. There has always in the past been someone there to answer PT questions, etc. But I'm not sure lately - the staff person is very nice but may just be trained in lifeguarding/CPR. I've never seen her in a bathing suit. I miss it so much when I don't go (physically - mentally I'd rather be doing something else) and know my health is so much better when I go for weeks on end.

And dh never learned to swim either - not even when he was in the Marines. And I think it was mandatory then.
Closed Thread