Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 08:22 PM   #31  

Ok, for anyone else who didn't know ...
"
Brown Betty Teapots
This little teapot has quite a history. Its origins date back to the end of the 17th Century and the birth of the British Ceramic Teapot.The original unglazed teapot was made out of red clay from the Bradell Woods area in Stoke-on-Trent. Today the Brown Betty teapot is still made in Stoke-on-Trent with the same clay from the original area. British people believe the Brown betty makes the best pot of tea because of the type of clay that is used and the shape of the pot. This teapot is lovingly hand-made by Caldonia Pottery in Staffordshire England. Available in 2cup,4cup & 6cup.

*These teapots are not intended for use in a microwave or on a stovetop. We recommend an electric tea kettle to boil the water for brewing your tea.

*Please note - because these teapots are handmade there may be some slight imperfections.

"
Old 10-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #32  

Good groggy morning, all. Enjoyed the day yesterday but still achy and groggy from the walk and the sit on the metal benchs. DH enjoyed though and that was what I wanted. A recuperation day here today for sure. Probably be back later to read the MANY posts I'm sure will come in.

Glad to hear dh doing ok, Kaylets.

Wood Nymph, tromp well and return safely.

wsw, assuming you're having technical difficulties and can only hope they ease soon.

Wildfire, how's your heart attack doing?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #33  

Hello all!

Sorry, but no, I am not the only Powerball winner.... although it did make me want to jump out of bed to find out if it was me!! Dh was sound asleep and when I said " Only Powerball Lottery Winner was sold in Delaware!" he was up on his feet in just moments!!

Ah well...maybe a generous friend or relative won!

So far, have got both the clothes and dish washing machines running... ate breakfast, took a shower, and sent out my Good Morning thought... also answered some email.... DH readjusted some settings on the digital camera so you know what I am going to do!
In fact, I'm thinking that it might be a good time to take some shots of me too.....
what do you think?? Is it time for me to face my fear of showing folks what I look like?

My favorite show, Sunday Morning is talking about the Vioxx drug recall... and how Pfizer knew 4 yrs ago there were real problems .... YIKES...
Wonder how the Republicans will explain how high drug prices here in the US protected us against this latest "safe" drug....
Ohhhhhh, here I go, I can feel my hot button on marketing getting pushed...

Time to take some pics!

Thought of the day :

I hope that my achievements in life shall be these---

that I will have fought for what is right and fair,
that I will have risked for what mattered and
that I will have given help to those who were in need,
that I will have left the earth a better place for
what I've done and who I've been."
-- C. Hoppe

Question of the day :

"What expression or quote is your favorite?"

KETTLE IS ON!
( with fresh lemon this morning! )
Old 10-10-2004, 10:07 AM   #34  

OOh, too bad, Kaylets. I was about to ask you to adopt me.

By all means, please take your pic. If you're reluctant to "publicly" post, share w/us by e-mail or pm with a site where we can find you. Pretty please.

Am coming slowly out of grog and getting ready to move for the day. Had a nice relaxing Sunday paper read and second cuppa is waiting. It's a green w/lemon so I'm sort of sharing your lemon. Second cup on the teabag, too.

Lovely day full of promise but I'll probably not get too ambitious. Just feel full of leisure and appreciation at the moment.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #35  

I guess, after 45 years or so, it's still

Better to light one little candle than to curse the darkness.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #36  
Momma Frog

Just wanted to let you ladies know that Sydney Allyson was born September 28th at 3:59am. We went in to be induced on the 26th, but once the pitocin took, contractions were too fast and I wasn't dialating fast enough. So we had to have a c-section. It wasn't too bad though and I'm healing nicely.

She's beautiful!! She was 8lbs 5oz and 21inches long. Head full of red hair! Yes, red hair! She gets it it from my mother and my dh mother.

Will post pictures soon!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 11:33 PM   #37  

Many Congrats, Momma Frogger! Seems like she's a big little princess and so glad she arrived safely and you're both doing well. Love the red hair!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:09 AM   #38  

Hi Frogger!! So glad you and Sydney are doing well!! She sounds beautiful!!
I am sure you've already been told this but its really true.... everything else can wait..SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS!!

Hello all!

Weekend flew by again!! I have to work today but expect the mail and traffic to be light ... at least am hoping! !

So, here we go Monday, Here we go!

Must dash ... wish I could stay and chat but things like a crock pot of baked beans stole time from me this am... but at least they will be waiting for me tonight when I get home!

Thought of the day:

"Worry is a waste of imagination"

Question of the day:

"What signs of "fall" do you see where you live?"

So, what's new out there guys??

KETTLE IS ON !
Old 10-11-2004, 07:48 AM   #39  
deleted2

So happy for you, Frogger! Can't wait to see pics!

Speaking of that, yes--please, Kaylets, I'd love to finally see what you look like. That would be fun! And thanks for the info on the Brown Bettys; I always admire them at a housewares shop I frequent. Maybe I'll put a 4-cupper on my wish list.

Arabella, congrats on losing 2 pounds! Hope you're enjoying your hiking adventure!

Must away--another busy week for me. Lots of food events and another Pilates class. I'm happy to say that I'm doing so well with my sugar reduction regime---I'm almost ready to take it to the next level. [I think....the prospects a little scary.] It floors me that I can totally resist the jug of assorted chocolates the boss keeps at work, 3 weeks ago I was eating them mindlessly. Just goes to show the mind can be retrained.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #40  

Good evening, royals! Coolish day today. Ok on food, water, exercise. Not much new but somehow the day flies by. Fall's just beginning here. One sugar maple in full bloom but most color changes are slow in the neighborhood.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:02 AM   #41  

Hello all!

Here we go Tuesday!!

Hope everyone who stops by is doing well today! I saw a great discussion topic on the WW's home page..."Persistence, Not Perfection"
I think that will be my mantra for a little while...After all, we wouldnt expect any different from a family member or a friend, right??? Why do we expect sooooo much from ourselves ??? As long as we are doing SOMETHING why shouldn't we celebrate that effort??

Thought of the day:

" 'Christopher ' Reeve apparently ...'didn't' (sic)..... allow himself any self-pity, and doesn't have much tolerance for it in others, he .... 'said ' (sic)
"You know what's interesting to me is that being physically paralyzed for eight years, I get pretty impatient when people are able-bodied but are somehow paralyzed for other reasons, and I'm going, 'Come on, come on, go for it.' … It took being in a chair to realize that. And so my recommendation is don't break your neck to find out that you need to fulfill your potential."
--From ABC News online http://abcnews.go.com/2020/ABCNEWSSp...=124364&page=2

Question of the day:

"If not now, when?"

I really, really will try to stop by later to see how everyone is doing! These quickie posts are like a tease for me!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #42  

Good evening, royals all. Gripe time - since everything is going lo-carb I can't find the coffee flavored Slimfast that has been a mainstay or my "Program" such as it's been. It's the only flavor I like and I've tried the newer versions and don't like them as well. Likewise, I can't find my oatmeal spice meal bars. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Now, it doesn't really seem like Halloween w/o the Hag o' the Hut urging us not to fall in the clutches of the demon candy. Sob.

Have a guy FINALLY coming tomorrow to do some work on the house foundation and other misc. Will be so glad to have that behind us. Closed the a/c vents today and cleaned up a few of the radiators so we could do a little heat thing. Really chilly out there tonight. Lots of lighted Halloween decs in the neighborhood too. Ran errands, etc from 2:15 to 7. Of course, that included a visit w/my sister and dinner out. Best not to discuss that last part. Salad, a roll w/no butter, cole slaw, broccoli-cauliflowr mix and half of my shepherd's pie. Guess what's for lunch tomorrow?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:25 AM   #43  
deleted2

Good morning, all! Just passing thru--have to go to work early for the board meting today. Thankfully I'm not on the board, just have to make breakfast and lunch for it.
My second Pilates class went really well last night. 1 1/2 hours of Pilates and we kept up a really good pace. The only thing that was a bit distressing is 3 people didn't come back. Maybe they figured it wasn't for them or maybe they just had to miss a class?
Anagram, speaking of the lo-carb frenzy, a friend of mine told me yesterday that because of it, Hostess [the Twinkie folks] declared bankruptcy. Anybody else heard that?

Old 10-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #44  

Hello all!

Anagram! You took the words out of my mouth! I keep expecting that this adventure will lead us by the Hag of the Hut's place too.....

Eydie! Not to worry! I am sure if you spoke w/ other instructers, student turnover is just part of the process... The point is that the REST of the class did come back...which means they enjoyed themselves, they enjoyed you and they FELT BETTER .......

Besides, you don't know what that first class will lead to.... This is at l east my 4th go round w/ WW's but I never went away mad... just went away....
( and gained!)

anyway...

To everyone, I am not ignoring you, am just running late again...
Am really eager for the time change as my mornings yearn to be more thoughtful....

---
My Monday Weighin showed that increase has dropped off which is a relief... I am not really on Core but eating mostly Core foods... but still am resisting writing down what I am eating... am really going to have to get realistic... after all, I'm only kidding myself... and that myself is just my mind... my body knows what's going on ... in fact, probably better than my mind does!! !!!

BUT.... forward!! Its what is in front of us, not what is behind!

Persistence not Perfection!

On a big plus note, I took lemon to work to add to my tea and am really enjoying it!
Who would have thought what a difference!!
And zero pts too!!

Thought of the day:

"This too will pass."

Question of the day:

"What do you collect?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:03 PM   #45  

So glad the P. class went well, Eydie. Three people not showing up doesn't sound unusual. Bet you'll see at least one of them next time. I did hear that about Hostess. Krispy Kreme stock has taken a hit too.

Kaylets, anything new on your WW leader quest? There's an article in today's Hbg Patriot about a fellow who does ebay for others. Very interesting.

Sort of a run-in-circles day - nothing turned out as anticipated yet managed to feel good about everything. Hope to stay awake to watch debate - only made it into about ten minutes of the others. But tonight I've had a good nap so maybe will be able to stay until the end.
Closed Thread