Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #61  

Default Smooth thighs AND butt?

What a concept!!
See below for an image that reminds me of the SIZE of mine, and holds promise for smoothness.... Don't take offense y'all...., OK?

Texas doesn't have Columbus day either.
Probably thinks Sam Houston discovered the East Coast.
Or maybe that Columbus forgot the Alamo.

Clients have crawled back into the woodwork and hubby is out of town till Wednesday. So I'm home in front of the 'puter, afraid I might eat WAY more than I'm supposed to. but looking forward to an evening of knitting, reading and drinking water.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #62  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default excellent arse pic

naturally i wonder how much fun it must have been for the tatoo artist ---we had our THANKSGIVING dinner at sissy's cottage yesterday---lovely day but somehow today feels like a hurricane----------crazy winds out there---and pissy rain----i felt TERRIBLE about Christopher Reeves too------i was shocked that he could just die from an infected bedsore---i would have thought his care would have been beyond such mistakes{???}--------you are right on wabby about complaining about excercise===what he would have given to be able to run around like we could!-------anyway-----just sayin hi for a minute---and oh yeah------SUGAR PLUM----COME HOME TO CANADAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WE MISSS YOUUUUUUUUU----LYNNIE IS VISITING FOR TWO WEEKS FROM VICTORIA----SEE YAS---
Old 10-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #63  

That's got to be paint and not a tatoo!!! That would hurt waaay too much. Whattya mean Texas doesn't have Columbus Day??? Do they think it's a different country???!!! Oh, yeah, my BIL is a Texan. They do think it's a different country.

Bagzie, don't neglect us just because your sis is visiting from the other side of the continent!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Did you eat Pumpkin Pie????

I'm going to go check out cruises. I think a January vacation would be nice.

I just made reservations for company Christmas party. I can't believe it's already that time again. Time to start thinking gifts. I'm going to go buy pears after work so that I can make my famous ginger-pear butter to give away. This year I'm going to be organized! Shhheaaaahhhh. right.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:17 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Peaches, if you eat a whole pumpkin, don't forget to peel it first.

I am at this moment eating a spinach and chicken salad from Subway. Yes, it is rather later to be eating dinner, but we just got home from the weekly jaunt to Othertown. I tried to eat this in the car, but I couldn't do it, even though DD was driving. Did you ever try to eat a salad in the dark? I like to know what I'm putting in my mouth. At one point while I was trying to eat it, I couldn't find my fork.

Oh, I get it, Peachie. So all the Florida schools have different numbers of days they need to make up and all that, eh? I guess they don't normally build snowdays into your school years...

I have a migraine. Sucks.

Bunco sounds like a hoot. I know exactly what you're talking about with the shopping, Wabbit. I do that frequently. I hate spending all that time trying on clothes only to find that nothing fits or it looks like crap; then I just want to go home. Sometimes it's the stores themselves. I went into Talbot's last summer because they were having a sale, and was surprised to find that there were clothes there were nice and that fit me. And were on sale. You never know -- try a store you've never tried before! I used to think that if I resigned myself to shopping in Lane Bryant, that at least the clothes would fit. But I went in there and could not find a thing I wanted to even try on, so that was a dumb idea.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 10-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

She's got the whole world in her hands, She's got the whole wide world in her hands....

Just try and offend us, I dare you!

Oh yeah, Happy Canahdyen Thanksgiving!! Hope it was fun.

Kiwi, who has spinach between her teeth
Old 10-12-2004, 01:29 AM   #66  

Bagzz... I thought the same thing about infected bedsores... but then on the news tonight it said he'd been getting more and more infections.... AND if they were all septic (which aparrently happens alarmingly frequently in hospitals) it might have just been too much.

I have never tried to eat a salad in the dark. Brownies, yes. Salad No. If there was any left, I might be able to eat some of the pumpking spice cake I made in the dark. Spice cake mix made according to the directions ON THE BOX, extra cinnamon, a little ginger, a copy of canned pumpkin (and I added a few cinnamon chips.)

I've never been challenged to see if I could offend anyone. Hm. I think there's enough of that going around.

Wabby... do you share your ginger pear butter recipe? It sounds yummy.

I am thankful I have a sense of humor, plenty of hair on my head, and enough brain cells to think new thoughts.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #67  

A hoot is exactly what bunco is, Kiwi. We have so much fun. The women are funny and smart and we laugh and have fun. Just like we cows would be if we could play a mindless game together and eat and drink to excess.

I've never attempted salad in the dark. I had enough trouble w/ popcorn at the movies on Sunday. I left w/ my cleavage full of kernels.

I would be happy to share my ginger pear butter recipe, Painty. You core, but do not peel very ripe pears. Cut the pears into chunks and puree in food processer (or in my case my blender). Pour into a roasting pan. Add an equal volume of sugar. Grate some peeled ginger into the mix. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hrs. Pour into sterilized jars and process in a water bath just like any other jelly. I make tons of this stuff and everybody asks for more. It's yummy on toast or biscuits, and also is a wonderful glaze over a pork roast.

Denise Austin was on our local radio station. She said the key to physical fitness is the consistancy of exercise, not especially the degree of difficulty or intensity. So I'm thinking I could do a half hearted, easy *ss routine as long as I do it every day.

I need a pedicure.

I'm thankful for .... the beautiful sunny day it is today, my sweet, warm, lovable husband, (he's back on my good list, can you tell?) and my goofy doggies.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Cownadian Thanksgiving!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
I am thankful I have a sense of humor, plenty of hair on my head, and enough brain cells to think new thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I'm thankful for .... the beautiful sunny day it is today, my sweet, warm, lovable husband, (he's back on my good list, can you tell?) and my goofy doggies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I've never attempted salad in the dark. I had enough trouble w/ popcorn at the movies on Sunday. I left w/ my cleavage full of kernels.
And I'm thankful for the miracle of online friends who make me snort coffee through my nose!

Gotta run pick up the kid, who has assured me I would be late this afternoon.

Kiwi
Old 10-13-2004, 12:39 AM   #69  

Equal VOLUME sugar. OMG. and with ginger, too. No wonder.

[I]Cleavage full of kernals... sounds like a kinky war novel.....[/I]

OK. I've got snail mail to sort and files to shred before I head off to my bed.
I can hardly wait for pear butter! Certainly sounds easier than lemon curd! Maybe I can do some up for friends who needs presents!!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #70  

Good morning!!!

Gosh I was reading the previous days' postings and I missed reading you wacky ladies...

I got sidelined with the flu a couple of weeks ago. Yuck. I haven't been that sick in 10 years...don't even remember one whole day. Then as I was recovering from that, my older son (age 31) had an episode with his bi-polar disorder which landed him in the hospital..he had not been on medication for it for a long time; but this attempt at suicide at scared him and he is NOW on medication and going to counseling.
ACK. There is a lot of this around--and although it isn't logical and I'm trying to not blame myself...gosh it really hurts. Of course there is the side of me that wants to blame his father (to whom, thankfully I am no longer married) for destroying his self-esteem etc etc. Anyway.... between that and the fall melancholy that sets in for me every year... well I had a few days of wanting to cry all the time too, so I can identify with that..

meanwhile somehow I managed, mostly to not go on an emotional eating binge, and I lost a couple of pounds. I had Monday off, so I took myself shopping-hooha!
Among other things bought a long, straight fitten denim skirt which I am wearing today with a tucked in tee shirt (under a longer blouse) and a belt. Amazing.

I feel thin, although at 5'5" and 170 lbs that doesn't exactly put me in the Amazingly Slender category. At least I'm out of that nasty OBESE! DANGER DANGER! category on the weight charts.

Have been looking for a flu shot... my Dr's office doesn't have any. Told me to try Costco? (what -- you buy a gallon..???) Safeway is doing them tomorrow...as a type2 diabetic I am eligible; but I do have to call tomorrow to see if they've changed the parameters. I dunno... do I want to stand in line with a bunch of older people and risk getting battered to pieces with their canes and walkers?

I did indulge Sunday night. DH and I went out for dinner (he's on business travel this week and he'd been gone that whole week too...) and we needed a 'date.'
Went to a wonderful Cuban restaurant and then stopped and bought some Dove icecream bars for dessert later. Heaven. Worth every calorie, and now they're gone and I'm being Good again.

Re: the exercise comment which I scrolled past and don't remember who made it...that doing something is better than nothing... ? I started, last year, by doing exercises in the swimming pool. Leg kicks. Then I bought a stationary bike. Before I got sick I was riding 5-6 days a week for 30-45 min a day (5-9 miles). That's it.
No fancy classes, no jogging (don't wanna scare commuters) no CURVES. When I was trying on clothes in the store, Monday.... looked at myself in the mirror in my undies.. my gosh. What a shock. Honestly, I didn't recognize my body. There's a lot less of it. I'm not gonna win any FirmAbs awards but.....it DOES make a difference.

So that's my 2 cents worth.

Keep on keeping on.... have a great day!

Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey choco!!! sorry to hear about your son's episode---you are right==there is alot of this around and there is NO way you are responsible {they always "blame the mother" of course} but it likely is his father's fault {heh heh}---those ex-husbands are excellent fodder for blame!!--- regarding excercise and your newly minted bod-----you and Denise Austin may just have piqued my interest in "Not too strenous" excercise---i do have treadmill and my KALAN PORTER CANADIAN IDOL DOWNLOADED SONGS CD that i can use to walk to---------------just in case everyone thought i had forgotten my 18 year old boyfriend!!!!------gotta go get ds ready for Hockey Practice-----yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love hockey--------i miss my Toronto Maple Leafs now that the stupid NHL is on strike-===========and those DAMN Yankees beat the Red Sox last night---crappy !!!!-----------see yas------love yas!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:29 PM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hey kids

Sorry to hear about the sickness etal, Choco. Sounds like you are making progress on the healthy body area, so things will improve!!

Bagz Kalan

Today was PSAT day at DD's school. She said it was "boring". I am taking that to mean it was a snap.

I have nothing to say goodbye

Kiwi
Old 10-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

Saturday is PSAT here in Hurricane World. I hope it's a snap. Yesterday, DS met me at work where we had a special day with people dropping by and us giving them bags of books. He helped carry stuff. He also appeared a big sullen but, you know, he's 16. Then on the way home, 20 minute drive, he fell asleep and SNORED> ... the boy needs rest before this very important test.

A boy we know who was a PSAT finalist last year, went to the U of Florida and got enough money that he gets to keep some.

Choco, nothing is your fault. Mine neither. I have no idea how stuff happens. I do know that some days my lovely child to whom I am devoted is pretty much unbearable.

DS and I got flu shots yesterday. The doctors in Dogpatch are giving them out. The waiting room was full when we arrived at 8 a.m. (the time they open and began giving them). I asked a friendly woman sitting across from us everyone was there was there for the shots. She was not. I never knew there was so much one can say about one's boils.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 10-13-2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:38 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I never knew there was so much one can say about one's boils.

That would be pretty cool if one (or more) of our cowettes got a National Merit Scholarship -- I think it's a little easier to get one in a less populated state such as ours. I suppose it's changed from when I was in H.S., but my scores were higher than DH's and he got one and I didn't (I was in NC). I sincerely doubt that dd will be going to a school that will be inexpensive enough for any amount of scholarships to cover it, but you never know. We have not started doing serious planning for college tours etc., and I'm starting to get anxious because my overachieving half-sister is taking her (same age) DD on a college tour this weekend. I can't help it, I get competitive around her. Lush and Bagz, you can both help me out -- is there anything you wish you'd done sooner re:colleges?

Gotta go finish cooking dinner.

Kiwi
Old 10-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #75  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

aha~!!!! a question i can TRY TO answer----DD being the valedictorian and all was eligible for an Eight thousand dollar renewable scholarship to the university in THIS province---Fredericton in fact {you have been there kiwonk}----but NOOOOOOOOOOOO SHE DIDNT' WANT TO GO THERRRRRRRRRRRE--the guidance counsellors said she would have received it for sure as the university called looking for their "Highest achiever"------but NOOOOOOOOOOO---i let her apply to these out of province universities with crappy scholarships {4000 per year}---I SHOULD HAVE INSISTED THAT SHE APPLY TO THE UNIVERSITY IN THIS PROVINCE-----she may have had a hard time turning down that kind of cash------i regret not insisting anyway----right now,she is actually complaining about being away and i suspect she is regretting not attending the closer school----anyway------every college has a fee you have to pay JUST to apply----i regret not applying to more schools because i got tired of the 50-100 dollar fee just to apply------------OH GOD I REGRET SO MUCH!!!!!---I WISH SHE WERE CLOSER IS MY POINT I GUESS,CAUSE NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT,AN ARTS DEGREE IS JUST AN ARTS DEGREE AND IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHICH SCHOOL ISSUED IT------NOW I WILL SHUT UP CAUSE I AM MAKING NO SENSE!!!!
Closed Thread