Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Just thought I would share some pics of our home all decorated for Fall

*~*~*

Guido watching birds out our front door... like my leaf rug

The top of our entertainment cabinet all decorated with gourds...

Our Living-room...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #17  

Smile All done...

The ctr-piece on our coffee table close up...

Our dining-room ctr-piece... what else but Precious Moments

My kitchen counter... do you see the tree's just outside my window? They are golden! And Joe's tomato's on our counter by the toaster - yum!!

Sorry I took so much space up
Hope you liked them...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #18  

Talking Few more...

My sofa table with a Fall Runner...
The framed pictures are my parents on the left (2 of them) &
Joe's parents on the right...

Double Hibiscus

Dwarf Dahlias

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-28-2004, 05:38 PM   #19  

Such pretty pictures, Sunny!!! You put such care into your house & decorating it. When I had my house, I really enjoyed fixing it up & kept the walls full of pictures, & such. But, they stayed that way all year....sometimes, year after year. It really looks nice.

Bluet...I'm so glad your daughter & grandbaby are doing well! Yes, the fall colors are beautiful. We used to go up into the Smokey Mtns of Tennessee quite often in the fall of the year. Just beautiful!!

Sheila...glad you had a nice relaxing trip. Yes, DD hot their power & water back on yesterday. She was soooo happy! Had to call & tell me all about it.

Fatpuss....are you back? We're missing you like crazy!!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #20  

Good Evening,

Well, it is very nice to be home again, I sleep better away from home than I used too, but it is still not the same. I was so happy to crawl into my own bed last night.

Sunny your home is just lovely. You have a talent in home decor. I enjoy seeing all the pictures of your home and your kitties. The hot air balloons are gorgeous, I would never be brave enough to go up in one of those though. Just like parachuting out of a plane, there is no way I would ever try something like that, not that I am capable anymore, but if I were I wouldn't The balloons sure are pretty to look at though. How is your walking program coming along. This is a pretty time of year for walking outdoors. It turned really cold here last night. I am not sure when it will warm up again or if it will. I am not going to get all the yard work I wanted to get done outside if I have to go back to Stevens Point this weekend.
Last year we had so many pumpkins in the garden for the grand children, but there aren't very many pumpkins this year. It was just a cooler year all around.

Sheila,I sent Puss an e-mail, but haven't heard from her. I know her Mother wasn't doing well before Puss left for Spain, so perhaps her Mother is tying up her time. I think she will post to us, as soon as she finds the time. Mount St. Helena has been in the news a lot lately. Just exactly what happens when she does erupt. All I can think of is like in the Hawaiian movies fire and molten lava run down the mountain sides into your villages. You can see I lead a very sheltered life, I don't get out much

Charlotte, happy to hear that your daughter has her power back on. Really feel bad for the people in the southern states. It is just incredible that there could have been so many hurricanes one after the other. Are any more brewing out in the Atlantic? I hope not. I know I complain about winter weather, but a least when we have a blizzard, one can hunker down in their homes until the thing blows over. Not out wondering if we have a home left to come back to, this is all too sad.

I had a hard day at work today, I don't know if I wasn't concentrating enough or what, but I had to do so many things over again. I had better mind my P's and Q's, the boss sent a notice around today implying we had all better buckle down and get more work done, and act more seriously about it.

Well, I had better get some other things done tonight too. Take care, have a good evening

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #21  

Bluet...hope your days at work get better. Sounds like you have a very strict boss. It may be that someone else is kind of lazy....& they have to say the same to everyone. Take care.

Sheila...Mount St. Helen??!!! WOW!! It didn't hit me what you actually said, until I read Bluet's response. Now.....I'll worry.

Sunny, Fatpuss...have a good day!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi,

SunnyD, you are so talented! I love the decorations, and I especially like the leaf rug, probably because it's got a big ole kitty on it. Hey, isn't it fun to hear those hot air balloons? When we lived in Boise, they used to fly over our house a lot. One of my dogs was particularly terrified of them so that wasn't fun, but I enjoyed looking at them going by. Sometimes they were so low we could see the people in the basket. Have you ever been to a hot air balloon festival? It's pretty exciting seeing all of them rising up in the air, and the night "parades" are beautiful.

Charlotte, you'll be able to decorate your "new" house someday soon. And it'll be that much sweeter given what you've gone through. Okay, I have to ask. What is that first graphic? It looks like, well, I don't think I want to say what I first thought it was. Then I thought, no, Charlotte wouldn't put that kind of graphic up!

Well, Bluet, my village (tee hee!) consists of over half a million people, and, luckily, we're about 1.5 hours north of the mountain. They've closed the trails, and nobody lives near there anymore so even if it did explode, there wouldn't be the loss of life like 1980. The ash is the problem. It exacerbates respiratory conditions and gets into everything. Hopefully if it spews ash, it will go east, although there are people east of the mountain who wouldn't like me saying that.

Hope you had a better day today at work, Bluet. Everything going okay with Adam?

Made my weekly run to the eastside for a doctor's appointment so now I'm sore and am going to lie down and put some ice on my neck. Hope everyone had a great day! Weird weather here--fog, sun, clouds, sun, fog, sun, and now partly cloudy.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #23  

Hi All,

Half a million Sheila, that is an awful lot of people for one village. Our village has had 30,000 people for as long as I can remember. It doesn't seem to shrink and it doesn't seem to grow. What's up with that Mount St Helen anyway that she has those little earthquakes and spews ash? Seems like no matter where you live Mother Nature always has some trick up her sleeve. We had frost for the first time this fall last night, there go all the flowers.

Adam is doing fine, he has his second doctors appointment tomorrow. I am anxious to see if he has gotten back to his birth weight yet. His Mom has calmed down too, now that his color is good and his oxygen level does not drop. Daughter next door is up there with her until Friday. Since she just had a baby a year ago, I am sure she will be giving her sister a lot of sage advice.

Charlotte, I too had to do a double take on what those things were at the beginning of your first post, after the initial shock I realized they are suppose to be eyes, I think . You have told us though that sometimes you get a little naughty, that you can't help yourself. Just kidding, Charlotte, just teasing you a little bit. The first week in October is going to be here before we know it. That is suppose to be when you go for your treatment isn't it? I hope you are feeling o.k. How is your back doing? Are your dealing with any flooding in your area? I saw a place on TV news the other night where the area was flooded by 12 feet and you could see the top of a homes light post just under the water.

Sunny, you must be having one of your busy days, I have to tell you though I sure enjoyed all the fall graphics and the pictures of your home.

Hey, Puss, I finally am going to be able to get The Other Boylen Girl from the library, I got my notice to pick it up today. It is a very popular book, I had to wait a long time to get my turn to read it.

Take care everyone. Remember you are all special.

Bluet
Old 09-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #24  

Smile

My sister-in-law, Emily, took this picture from her gardens ~ South China, Maine

*~*~*

Hi Bluet, Sheila & Angel ~ Yes, I have been busy the last couple days... allot of paperwork to catch up on and filing --- it's making me bonkers
I will write tomorrow the first chance I get, okay.

Love you guys!
Donna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-30-2004, 09:35 PM   #25  

Hello Gals,

Dropping in to say hi. Trying to catch up on my laundry tonight. I sure have a lot of it. I haven't even unpacked from last weekend. Have to buckle down and get some work done.

Adam gained another ounce at the doctor today. Now his doctor wants to see him again in a month.

I watched about 10 minutes of the debate and then said I am out of here. Can't take that nit-picking and shouting at one another about how great they are and who can run the country better. I have made my decision and know how I am going to vote. Enough said.

Hope you all had a good day. Tomorrow is Friday. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluet
Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #26  

Hi, all--

I'm with you, Bluet. I didn't watch because I've already made up my mind. Have you seen all the hype about getting young people to vote? It amazes me that so many people don't vote, especially women. I mean, our foremothers went through a heck of a lot to get us the right to vote. Apathy can have some horrible consequences. Hey, good to hear that Adam is doing so well. Is he back up to his birth weight yet?

SunnyD, I finally know your real name, and understand why it's Sunny"D." Love the sunflower photo--so beautiful against the blue sky. Does your SIL harvest the seeds? I wonder how that's done?

I started working on my disability application. I keep thinking, oh, this treatment's going to work, and maybe that treatment will work, but I realize that nothing's worked so far in five years. Kind of disheartening, but realistic, I guess. I still have hope that something will happen and that I can go back to work. I miss having a job.

More rumblings from the volcano. Now all the weather dudes are figuring out which way the ash will go if it blows on Friday or Saturday. Luckily, the weather has been pretty nice with little wind so the ash won't blow too far hopefully if indeed the volcano erupts. I believe they've restricted air travel over the mountain just in case.

Tomorrow we're going to see Ladder 49. I don't go to many movies because it's uncomfortable, but my DH got free tickets, and I thought that movie looked pretty good.

Anybody eating too much recently? I don't know why, but I've been doing horribly in the eating department. I haven't been paying attention to portion size at all. I don't have that much more to lose, but at this rate, it's going to take me another year.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #27  

Smile

Colors of New England

Good Morning!
I almost have all my paperwork done (feels so good gettin caught up!)... I did allot yesterday & the day before.

I think it's amazingly sad how many Apathetic people there are out there!! We all should be out there voting!!

Joe & I did watch the whole Debate last night and found it to be very important to listen to even though we too *know whom we are voting for*. We both feel it's very important to be "informed" and get all the facts that we are able to get. Especially the information that the media has not gotten to first & slanted. Many do not take the time to realize or want to see that the media has an agenda. I know we aren't suppose to speak about politics, so I guess that's enough said from moi... I don't want to offend anyone or get booted out of 3fatchicks

*~*~*

Angel ~ Thanks... glad you enjoyed my pictures I pray that SOON you too will have your home back so you are able to decorate again. I bet you do a wonderful job! Did you see on the news from the Weather Channel about the lady from Florida who had been gathering Christmas Ornaments for over 50 years from family and friends and lost them all! (I thought of you right away) It was so very sad to hear... she was crying so hard. She lost everything and was so devastated. My heart sure went out to her!

Bluet ~ Great to hear that Adam is getting stronger each day and has gained weight... here I am trying to lose them! I'll be glad to give him some of my lbs

Thank-you Bonnie... I am so glad that you enjoyed all my pictures and weren't bothered by them all. I never want to bother you gals

I couldn't do anything that has to do with heights --- I am terrified of heights and get vertigo real bad. I just love to watch others. I do enjoy decorating and am so very excited about decorating for Christmas (when it's time to)... so much fun to do and it sure does brighten the spirits!

My walking... I got in 32 miles last month, but only went to Curves once (not good!). I just had allot I needed to catch up with and wanted to focus of getting that all done. It feels soooooo goo od to get those projects completed and know I can move on without that stuff hanging over my head. I have already gotten 2 miles in for today.

My goals for October:
Walking---> 1.5 to 2 miles 5 days a week
Curves---> 2 times a week (Tues. & Thurs.)

I wish I could grow pumpkins... it was a bad year for growing anything!! Joe got very few tomatoes & peppers this year, it was just too cool and too wet! We bought four pumpkins over the weekend and will get the outside all decorated with them, the mums we bought and the cornstalk... when we finish I will post a picture

Sheila ~ How kind... yeah, I like my leaf rug too. Guido couldn't wait for me to put it down - it's made of wool - and he loves to lay on it.

You are too funny about my name... I thought I had posted my name a long time ago, but then again I can't remember what I posted yesterday I don't know if my sis-in-law does harvest the seeds from her sunflowers or just lets the birds go for them. I'll have to ask her. Beautiful, huh!

How's your neck today? Feeling better?
Have you heard anything more about Mt St. Helen?

I hear that *Ladder 49* is a really good movie... some places have done preview shows and many have loved it. Free tickets you enjoy!!!

EATING... YES!!! I have... not everyday, but the day before yesterday I just felt like I couldn't eat enough!!! I call it the *Bear Syndrome* our bodies getting ready for hybernation --- the weather change and the cooler temps, not to mention the time change --- at least here in Ohio! It's dark now by 6:30 or 7pm and cold! Last night it went into the 30's!--- burrr. Beautiful today!!! Sunny with clear blue skies and the colors from the trees, just awesome!

Guess what?! I have lost another pound as of this morning

*~*~*

Well gals,
I really must be getting finished up with my paperwork and get some chores done.
Hope this finds you all well and that I have not offended anyone.

*God Bless*
Donna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-02-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:42 PM   #28  

Red face

Where is everybody

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #29  

I'm here!

Lots of excitement in my neck of the woods. Mt. St. Helens erupted, although it was a pretty wimpy eruption as eruptions go. She might do it again, though. Nobody really knows for sure what might happen now. The eruptions took just a couple of minutes, but the news coverage lasted two interminable hours.

That leaf photo is just so cool, SunnyD. I want to see fall color in New England so bad. One year I was there in early September and got one red leaf from a tree that was turning early. I think it would be fun to do the train trip across Canada and then go through New England, and, hey, I might as well add a week in DC so I can finally spend more time doing museums and things.

Thirty-two miles?! Wow! That's darn impressive. You should chart on a map to see how long it would take you to walk from your town to some place you'd like to go in the U.S. Congrats on the pound, too!

I had a dream last night that my granddaughter learned to say, "Give me a kiss, Grandma." It was so real. Did I tell you guys that I am going to continue to color my hair until I have a grandchild that says Grandma? The reason I colored my hair was because some kid called me a grandma so I thought it fitting to quit coloring it when my own grandkid calls me Grandma. My sweet girl won't ever be able to do that, but I figure my son will have another kid someday and my daughter (who is way too young to be starting a family now!) wants to have kids, too. So, I can stay brown for quite a few more years. Whew!

Anybody doing anything interesting this weekend? I'm weeding and planting tulips. It's supposed to be a nice weekend so it's time to get all that fall yardwork done. A nice walk by the beach would be good, too. . .

Have a good one!
Old 10-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #30  

Hi Ladies,

I am leaving shortly for Stevens Point, will be back later Sunday evening. Sheila there was a half page article in our local paper last night about Helen,
she is suppose to spew ash and rocks for a distance of three miles. You are right know one wants to live around her anymore. I wish I could work in the gardens and yard today, but alas, family first.

Sunny have a good weekend, I know you will, you little social butterfly you.

Charlotte, hope you are feeling o.k. Think about you often.

Puss, you evasive little bugger, how are you?

Love you all......Bluet