Old 09-16-2004, 01:51 PM   #31  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default What to put here...

Hey yall...

So glad DH is ok, Leigh and I agree I don't know why if you lived in a mobile home you wouldn't evacuate...but it is still sad

Geri...I'm laughing at you. Now I don't want you to do anything by force...I mean if the tequilla is too much you can just sit it off to the side. And yes I did see you wave, I asked the boys...''who is *that* crazy woman waving at us''

FWIW hubby doesn't need to lose much weight...well maybe 20 lbs, he's just decided that heart attacks are nothing to make as a life goal and so he wants to eat better.

Emily--Welcome. I'm Cheri wife to Donald and momma to Nathan Daniel and Elijah. I stay at home and homeschool too. And FUN another GA gal. I'm originally from GA but moved to TX last November. I'm coming home in October to visit though. YAY. I graduated high school and grew up in Carrollton but have lived in Buford, went to college in Cleveland and lived in both Tallaposa and Bremen.

Ok...I was planning on more personals but I've gotta do Nathan's reading lesson.

OH Crystal...school is going fabulously. I am loving it, just finding time to get all the house stuff done and such has been my issue. But We are using FIAR and I cannot say how much I absolutely LOVE that cir. I'm adding a lot to it...but it is so great as a base. Nathan is on lesson 16 of 100 Easy Lessons and it picking it right up. I have to say one of my proudest things is knowing I'm teaching him to read. FUN.

Ok...really gotta run more later girlies.

Last edited by CheriBrorsen; 09-16-2004 at 01:54 PM.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #32  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhhh so now I am home but mom has the baby so I can run tons of errands in town today. Bayley would not have made it I took her with. One of those errands being taking back that awesome coat I got cause I got a small because I didn't look at the tag uhggggggg! Anyway I hope to get back in a reasonable amount of time so I can address you all personally, there is a lot to say! For now I just want to say I'm glad those of you in hurrricane territory are safe, I couldn't sleep last night cause of it! Prayers were answered I can say that much. Just hi and bye for now. I'll be back later! I have about 32 ounces of water down and will not leave the house till it's 64 so watch out ladies I'm coming on strong!!! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 02:14 PM   #33  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default hey again

We just made it through our first tornado warning! All is well!

Christian is napping now, he had about 5 droppers of milk and a few noodles and broth. I hope he does that often, at this rate we won't get far!!

I am on bottle 3 of my water!

Jill, you are making up for lost time aren't you???? LOL!!

Going to go clean something while I have electricity!

Love to all, and don't panic if I go offline for a while. Who knows what will happen in this kind of weather.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok, so I did stay away for a little bit, lol. Did I get any housework done?? Well I did unload the dishwasher and re-load it... I still have one more load to do. That is about it so far. But it's progress. I hope to get more done after nap time.

Cindi, was the tornado close to you?? Boy I hate that season... my house would never withstand a tornado yet there is no where to go. Sucks. Glad christian is eating and drinking a little.

Jill, so sorry about the coat! Did they have a larger one you can exchange it for? I hope so. And I completely agree with you about needing alone time. We all need it.

Cheri, your homeschooling sounds like fun! How many hours do you do it each day??

Geri, doing great on your water! What else (besides peeing over the moon ) are you doing today?

Crystal, that was so sweet that you think of me when someone needs alone time... I guess I knew what I was getting into when dh went OTR. But yes, there are nights I wish I could just dissapear and clear my head without the kids clinging to my legs, lol... but hopefully my dh will be home every night very soon and that will change.

Penny, did you get alot of cleaning done?? Come smack me around a little so I'll shape up! LOL...

Emily, I'm doing the Core program too! Have you checked out the Core boards on this site? I moderate them and there is lots of good support over there too!

Ok, I'm going down for a nap. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #35  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Spryng

They are saying now that a tornado hit a couple of miles down the road from here, but I didn't realize it at the time. These are those weird tornados that pop in and out of the clouds so fast you can't do much about them.

I am going to go now that it's calmer to find my baby some popsicles. I don't think it will help any. He just don't want anything.

I haven't gotten anything done, so someone come smack me too!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #36  
SAHM of 3

okay, got about an hour and fifteen minute nap in today. That was so nice. Next, I'll pick up the kitchen and get some tea brewing.

Spryng, glad you're getting up getting things done.

Jill, glad you're getting your errands ran, that always makes you feel better.

Cindi, sorry about the tornado warning but glad to hear Christian is getting something down. Does each day get better and when should he be back to normal? Any idea?

Cheri, glad school is going well. Since we started reading the actual reading book which is Bob Jones, she has been doing very well. I have been so proud. Teaching someone to read has GOT to be the hardest thing to do, but you're right the pride we receive from it will have no comparison.

Well, mil is working with dh today and she has said that he's quiet but working with a good attitude and even mentioned about not building which isn't good only because that means I'll be in this small house for I don't know how much longer because dh doesn't think there is any other option. He won't ask my thoughts and he would disagree with them anyways. But we'll see. AFter his vasectomy tomorrow and through the weekend he'll be home alot and maybe that will give us the time to talk.
Off to do something.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #37  
Walking away the weight

Okay, I can't post for more than a minute because we just lost power, but I'm just wanted to make sure you all knew that we're okay. I'm shutting down the computer now to conserve battery power and am off to light some candles LOL. TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:15 PM   #38  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Evening Ladies...

Yeah Listen to me.....

I am complaining.....

I have a terrible headache this evening My hubby made an appt with the investment people and we were there for 2 1/2 hours

It just gave me an instant migraine!!!

I am gonna lay down before karate and come back with you gals later...

Hopefully when I am back in full force!

LUV YA LOTS!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:52 PM   #39  
**Kristin**

hi gals no time for a long post..my server was down thois after noon when I got back from picking up dd and I had taken a half hour and doing this great long, personal post, and of course, it lost it. I was so frusterated! GGGRRRR !!! oh well, anyway, now I have to get ready to take sydney to grammy and grampa's and get my butt to work..of course now that everything is working well on here! Anyway, after I get back, I will come and try again to get personal! I love you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:54 PM   #40  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh Geez how am I supposed to keep up! Now I know why people come in and out of here it's cuz if you aren't here a million times a day you can never keep up, well I guess I will try. So errands went went. Exchanged one shirt and got another in a different size and looked for that coat in a bigger size but it was no where to be found Oh well I think I have enough coats anyway. Grocery shopping was good too, nothing big just boring old food. LOL So tonight we are going to my sil for dinner and survivor and she is making beef stroganoff so I am bringing the salad and some WW pasta so I can at least have a little of it. They use full fat everything so it won't be even close to what I am supposed to have. I figure I'll fill up on salad. Wish me luck. Anway that's it for me today. I will be watching Hunter again today. He is a really good baby and it works out well if I can get Bayley down for her second nap right before he gets here so then I only have the one to look after and can still get some things done. Oh and one more thing Bayley decided to get into her poopy diaper over at Grandmas so after I post we are going to the bath! Gross I know but I know you all can probably relate!

Crystal glad you got that nap in. I'm sure you feel better. You sure sound like you got a lot done. I'm not sure I could get all that done with three kids and one on the way. Good for you.

Penny so glad you are safe!! I was really worried last night. Sorry you have such a bad headache now. That stinks, hopefully it will get better soon! I like those names you mentioned earlier, very cute! I'm up for flylady tomorrow if you are?

Deana thanks for the compliment! I keep a tight reign on him! LOL Just kidding! He's a keeper though! Hope you are getting some things done. You crack me up!!!

Hi Emily I'm Jill SAHM to Bayley who will be one on Sunday! So glad you joined us, I'm sure you will love it here if you can make it enough during the day. It's a fast thread but it's great! Tell us more! BTW Adorable Avatar, is that your daughter?

Spryng glad you are feeling better today, I hope the side effects from those pills doesn't last very long. That can be a bummer. I've never had that effect from them before but they might be a different kind. Are they the low dose of hormones one? Or regular? I hope you are getting some stuff done, i would hate to have to bring the whip! LOL TMI I got my menu all done, I have one meal from Saving dinner and the rest is stuff I've had already that I know we like, for example the avocado swiss chicken, mmmmmmmmmm I can't wait! Hows dh? Still safe I hope!

Michelle so glad you have the night off!! I'm so excited. I hope I am home in time to chat with you all but it might be too late, I can't remember if survivor is 1 or 2 hours tonight. Figures the one night everyone picks to chat and I'm not here even though every other night I am sitting here wanting to chat with you all! Boo Hoo sob story I know! Hope you are having a good day. Awesome about that computer!!

Leigh so glad to hear dh is safe, it's so scary hearing about this stuff. I totally get what you are saying about growing up in that kind of weather and only being scared when it's big hurricanes and such. I'm the same way with forest fires unless they are creeping down the mountain for town which never happens. Just glad you are all safe. I hope your power gets turned on soon so you can update us. Retail therapy! Thats a good one!!

Hello my late night friend Kristin! Thanks for chatting with my last night, I stayed up a little later and tried on my clothes and then watched the news and searched for weather in everyones area that I thought might be affected by the hurricane just to make sure there wasn't anything really bad going on yet. Then I went to bed and couldn't sleep, partly from the hurricane and partly cause I was cracking up so much while we were chatting that I felt like I had shared you Dr. P!! Anyway hope you are having a non-productive day just like you wanted! LOL

Hmmmmmmm QOTD I would be a horse cause they are fast and usually skinny, but they are always constantly eating! Good one huh? I bet you all want to be a horse now!!

Cindi glad your little one is getting something down, I'm sure he will start eating more soon. Did those poscicles work? How's that tornado? I can't believe you didn't know! So scary!! I hope all is well at your house today (besides tornados and kids that won't eat) LOL And we all know you are crazy girl! That's why we like you!! LOL

Geri hows all the peeing going? I'm not doing so well since I was in town for awhile but I will try to catch up during Oprah. I'm not sure if I can chat or not tonight! AHHH I hope so though.

Cheri nice to hear from you again! Sounds like you have been busy with school and such. Sounds like it is going goo! Good for you on the diet with your hubby. I wish my dh would go on a diet with me, he doesnt really need one but it would make it easier for me! LOL

Oh my that took a long time! I really need to get Bayley in the bath so she can nap and I can get a few things done around here, Thats the only thing I don't like about errand day is this place seems to fall apart when I am not even home! So is anyone a survivor fan? Our family is and before we all started popping out kids we would get together every week at someone else's house and eat dinner and watch survivor. It's a lot of fun. Not so much lately though with all these kids and small houses so we just get together with one couple at a time. Anyway hope you all are having a good day. I'll TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #41  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey girls!

My 4th water bottle down!! Just thought I'd let you know I am actually going to complete this challenge.

Off to pee...AGAIN!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:48 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm back!
Dinner was delicious... I just love homemade fries and oven fried fish. It hit the spot. The kids ate well too. I am so excited about survivor tonight!!! But I'll have to tape it because I'm going to a friends house at 7:30 for an hour. But when I get home I'll be ready to see it!

Well DH is on his way out of florida now, on his way to Denver! So I'm glad he'll be nice and safe now.

Cindi, you are doing great with your water!! I think I've got in 4 glasses so far today... I know I can do better but I just get tired of water, you know? Maybe I'll add some lemon to it and let that help flush me out too.

Jill, the pills are ortho tricyclen lo... they aren't the lowest dose but next to the lowest. I'm not really worried about it though, I know my system will balance out soon and I won't be sick anymore and knowing I'm protected from pregnancy makes me feel great too. So it's worth it. And bring your whip because I still haven't done anything else in here, lol.

Penny, hope that headache goes away!

Leigh, how bad is the storm? Did you lose your power?

Crystal, I'm excited about your DH's vasectomy too! LOL! I know how much you have looked forward to this. Let us know how he does.

Cindi, did you go get popsicles? Scary about that tornado. But then even if you have warning they are still scary because you can't always hide from them. Do you have a place to go if they hit?? (in your house I mean)

Well, I need to hop in the shower and shave my legs, lol. What time is everyone planning on chatting tonight?? Let me know and I'll try to be there!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #43  
2BoysMom

Jill....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for reminding me that tonight is Survivor night! I would have been so peeved if I missed it! I totally forgot it was Thursday today. I know the Apprentice starts tonight too so I guess I'll miss the Donald calling someone stupid in the boardroom.

Crystal... could Dh be moody over the vasectomy? Men (at least mine) can be such babies when it comes to their parts . Maybe that's freaking him out a bit?

Cheri... you're too funny... set the tequilla aside? That's like saying "pass" when the chocolate comes out Glad you could stop by and say hi.

Spryng.. chat around 10 central? I'm really going to try to be here.

Cindi... I'm on my 5th bottle of water.... OK, so I've done 48 oz so far today and feel like I've spent all day in the potty . I drank a bit over a half a pot of coffee this morning too so that didn't help.

Leigh... I love candles. I think I'll pretend that my power's out! Hope you're safe!!!

Hi Kristin and Penny! I'll be back later. I have More water to drink
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #44  
SAHM, HSM

Well, limbs limbs everywhere! Supposedly more storms to watch are coming up. Power was out most of the afternoon so that gave me a chance to catch up with finishing the kids' school, fold and put up clothes, etc. As soon as the power came back on, we all rushed through showers and I made dinner quickly in case the lights go out again!

This most certainly is a fast moving thread! I'll try to respond to everyone, but high-maintanence dh is home, so I can't stay on for long!

Cindi - yes, we'll have to get together sometime! It's so neat to put a face with a name! What are your kids' ages?

Cheri - Hi! You've been all over! I'm originally from Marietta, then moved to Douglasville, then Dallas, now Temple (dh keeps taking us further and further out, but more for the $$$, and I don't have to commute to Atlanta to work anymore so the distance is fine!). It's like we move into a home, fix it up, sell it, move again.....We moved into this house 5 months ago and I'm not going anywhere!! Tired of moving! I'm doing 100 EZ with Gracie too - I really like this, I think better than HOP and a few other phonics programs I've seen. It is exciting!

Spryng - I'm really enjoying Core! I hate that I can't go to WI tonight, as I'm really anxious to see week 1 results, but I"ll go to a Sat AM one. I do like the Core boards, very helpful!

Crystal - how is your dh with the decision for a vasectomy? My dh has an appt. for one on Oct. 2, and he's terrified! He is the biggest baby - he has to have valium just to have a cleaning at the dentist (no, I'm not kidding), I honestly don't know if he can go through with it. {Although if I get pg again, he'll wish he had Lol!}

Jill - Lol! Ah yes, very familar with feces fingerpaint - blech! I loved my children as babies, but I don't miss those diaper days!! Yes my avatar is Gracie, 4yo. We went on a Pirate Cruise, so that's her in her getup. After having boys, I really wanted to have a girl, but let me tell you, they are different! I'm so out of my league with her, that prissy little thing!!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, please forgive me if I did!

Keep safe, everyone! Talk to tomorrow!

-Emily
AuntieEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #45  
2BoysMom

Emily,

Don't tell your dh about this.... they told my dh it would be a little uncomfortable for a couple of days. That's also what his brother said and a few other guys we know....well my dh is such a baby about his man parts that he was still whining after a week. He got mad when I rolled my eyes at him...well, I only had 2 sections what do I know???? LOL Good luck!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote