Old 09-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #31  
Walking away the weight

Liam is taking one of those strange, super-long naps. But if he's not awake by 8, I'm waking him so I can change his diaper, get him in a onesie for bed, and take Duncan out. I think it's because he had some Tylenol. He has another tooth coming in(his 7th!).

Crystal- sometimes I take a walk - even if I bring Liam along, the movement helps me think things through. Other times, I take a bath, or try and focus on the things I'm grateful for. Sometimes I have a little emotinal meltdown and then feel better (usually that's only with PMS).

Cindi- well, I've been on Nuvaring for maybe 4 or 5 months . . . I'm a bit of a freak and am super sensitive to birth control pills and the like

Kristin- enjoy your time with DH! Liam's room is NOT coming along because I need DH's help. I keep hoping I can do something with it, but so far no luck. I love the furniture, though . . .

Well, as it turns out, Polar Fleece is very warm. I asked a Canadian who knew the answer LOL. It's lightweight feeling, but insulates very well . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:21 PM   #32  

Crystal, I am so oooo sorry you are having a tough day. I think last night's todo with dh and then not getting any sleep is what's really going on. I'm sure that IF you get better sleep you will feel better. I know dh is tough and not feeling well, but can he get up with Andrew for a little while? IF not and you're desperate, sleep on the floor next to him so that he isn't up all night. YOu need it. I feel like that when I don't get sleep, it's like you become in a trance or something. Don't worry, Even if you were looking for sympathy, that's ok, we all need someone to sympathize with us once in a while. It only means that we feel for you and we are your friends,....lots of us, so it's ok to look for someone to lean on when you really need it.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #33  
SAHM of 3

Mel, thank you so much for your kind words. I don't have hardly any friends so it's nice to chit chat with other girls like me sometimes.
I didn't let Andrew get an afternoon nap in and I'm paying for it now, but I'm hoping it will help him tonight sleep a little bit more. His wheezing has lightened alittle and I'll give him another treatment before bedtime.
Gotta go bathe this kids.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:23 PM   #34  
Walking away the weight

Crystal- I hope Andrew does sleep better tonight. I think Melissa's right and you probably just need many hours of sleep.
Hi, Melissa

Oh, I wanted to tell ya'll about my new plan LOL. I was thinking about what Penny's Doctor said about making small changes. So, I've decided to begin with exercise. Now, I know that sounds crazy since I HATE working out, but I figure going for a walk in the park with Liam several days a week is good for us both. So, I'll do the exercise thing for a week and then add in another change . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #35  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls, I wanted to check in before I head to bed. I didn't get that walk in. Dh didn't get home until after 7, I was giving the kids a bath and then dh and I still had to eat dinner. BUT, I played outside with the kids for a while and then when dh got home he was in a much lighter mood. We all sat around the tv watching a movie. So everything is still up in the air, but the mood has been much lighter and that's made things all better.
Leigh, I think it's a good idea to take those small changes. Otherwise, you become overwhelmed and tend to fall off the wagon sooner and easier.
The kids are in bed and I'm gonna relax in the recliner for a bit before heading off to bed. Sure hope everyone has a great night. TTYL
Old 09-11-2004, 07:52 AM   #36  
SAHM of 3

A new thread has been started