Old 08-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #220 Friday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  

Crystal, I'm jumpin in and asking the QOTD::: Hope you don't mind?

QOTD: Where did you meet you spouse?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #3  

Anyway, Good Morning Crystal? How r u today? DH leaves Tomorrow right? I hope you get some good rest tonight, so you have the energy to take care of you and the kiddies while he's away. In one way it's nice right? I always hate when My DH is away, but my kids are always much more behaved. They don't play one against the other.

Michelle, stomach's goin' huh from the rides. I hope you feel better this morning! I love rides!! My Dh gets a whoosie though.

Geri, glad you had a good girls night out. HOpe you are well rested today.

Hello everyone else!

QOTD: I met my Dh at a health club/gym that I worked in while going to college. He was a member there. We eneded workin out together and it was fun. Funny, though how I could go from being sooooo in shape and working out like that to over 200lbs. Oh well, no whining as FLYLADY says. I am down to 205 today. that's 3lbs down in 2 weeks. Perfect!!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I am gonna fly by real quick Hunter has his teacher orientation this am then I gotta go to the church and do some touch ups on my room. Our registration is Sunday......

Hope you all have a great day!!!!

I think we did the qotd before but can't remember
Met hubby in a parking lot where "young folks" use to hang out...lol
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:37 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Oh Man I forget!!!!

MELISSAAAAAAAA!!!

mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:41 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Morning all, getting a late start. Gotta do breakfast and start out on errands.
I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Dh will be home today so I'm excited and antsy, lol. So until I know when he'll be in I'll probably be tidying up the house and trying to stay busy. Oh yeah, My WI... up 1/2 lb. But that is good! Since TOM is almost here, I thought it would be more, maybe that exercise I did this week helped with the water retention.
QOTD--- I met my DH through a friend. In her car actually, lol. I thought he was nice, but didn't think much about it. And later that day when he left he told everyone goodbye and couldn't remember my name (this was when I was 16) so I wrote him off. If you can't remember my name you cant waste my time, lol. (he told me years later he knew my name but didn't want to appear too eager because it was love at first site for him, lol.) I ran into him over a year later and then he started coming out to the house to visit my brother (yeah right, lol) so I got to know him alot better, he was sweet and kind and sensitive and so family oriented and I knew I liked him, which turned into love... then my family started causing problems, which is a whole other story, but I ended up getting kicked out of my home over him, but that was ok.. I moved in with a friend, got engaged a month or so later and married 3 weeks after that. But I guess you didn't need to hear all that huh? lol. But he is the guy for me.

Crystal, good morning! Enjoy today with DH!

Penny, hope you get everything you need to done today.

Mel, has your dh changed much since you met him? I mean, you met at a gym so he must have been in good shape too huh? Is he still? My dh has been over weight since I met him so I know him as nothing else. So what are you up to today?

Cindi, that parenting class sounds nice. Very informative. How long have you been going? That soup sounds great! Was it low fat? Cals?

Geri, you can't just give my nickname away!! LOL... but you gave me my nickname with the utmost love!! The one you are giving to michelle's mil is not filled with that kind of love is it?? LOL. Ok... so pick a new nickname for me then, lol. I want to hear all about your girls night out!

Michelle, your FIl sounds like mine too! He is the nicest guy and one time when MIL and I really got into a fight and she tried leaving the state over it, lol (honestly!) I was so upset that she could act that way, such a child! And I thought he'd take her side, well... because they are married! But he came to me and told me not to worry about it, that she was acting stupidly (I don't think that was the word he used, lol) and I shouldn't even get upset over it. It really made me feel good. Since I don't have my father in my life anymore I really do feel like he has stepped in and made me feel loved. So glad you had fun at the fair! If we go this weekend I wont get to ride any rides, we'll have the kids so we'll be stuck in the kiddie section, lol. But I do love to see their faces and enjoy all that BAD food, lol.

OK, guess I'm going to get off here and get something done. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Morning I think we might have had this QOTD before . . . I met DH on a blind date. We were set up by his mother (who had never done any such thing before). Neither of us really wanted to go on the date On that date, we discussed my devotion to chocolate (hmm, my path to this group was being laid even then LOL). A few days after our date, a box of chocolates arrived on my doorstep - they were from DH's favorite candy store. I was hooked!!!

Angel- thank you for the compliment on the pic of Liam

Crystal- don't worry-I think we all know it can be fun to be apart from DH sometimes. Then the reunion is fun too :;

Jill- I can help you with some feminist arguments supporting motherhood. I know the arguments well You could point out that the true goal of feminism is women's choice, and if a woman chooses to stay home, that's a feminist decision too. Anyway, I'll pm you.

Spryng- I wa sshocked at Big Brother!

Cindi- lasagna soup souunds good.

Geri- got your pm Thanks . . .

Michelle- I'm glad you and Dh got some mending time I just told DH last night that we really need to take a vacation just the two of us! Or maybe get a sitter for Liam and go to a hotel for a few hours

Mel- hooray on the loss!!!! What are ya'll doing today?

Penny- have fun working on your classroom!

Crystal- good morning!

Spryng- I just know you'll be down once TOM leaves! How exciting that DH will be there . . . will you save your flexpoints for a meal with him?

I have a bunch of things to get done today before we leave tomorrow. Calls, dog to the vet, laundry, exercise . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:57 AM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Red face do I have to???

share my weigh in results today? If I just ignore it will it go away?? * sigh*
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies.

I haven't posted since Wednesday morning. Been very busy and dh has been off work for 2 days, (normal schedule). He's been working alot of OT this month so these were only his 5th and 6th days off this month.

Yesterday we spent going to get oldest ds his driver's permit, looking ofr work jeans for dh and getting school shoes for the younger 3. Ate out twice but I think I was good. I had a salad both times and looked it up on the nutrition chart before I ordered. Staying in my calorie limits. Didn't get quite all my water yesterday but very close. Got too tired to drink the rest last night and didn't want to be up half the night to go to the bathroom.... Still 3 times up was enough.

Trying to get kids in bedtime and wakeup routine for school next week and then this morning they didn't set their alarm right so I let them sleep in. It was mighty peaceful if I do say so......but of course they are all up now. even dh.

QOTD: Well.....I owned a bar here in town and a woman I know had been friends with dh and his ex. After the ex left and they were divorced, she brought him to the bar to shoot pool and get him out of the house. That's where we first met. Then about a yr and a half later I was getting tired of my lazy live-in and supporting him and the kids, so I started going out to another bar that had karaoke (I LOVE to sing) and kept running into him. It just flourished from there. He moved in with me about 3 months later and we were married 5 months after that. Our 6 yr anniversary is October 17th.

Plan for the day: dh has some things to take to the junk yard. Then he has to sleep some more so he can go back to work tonight. I have things to do around here and go to walk. Didn't get that done yesterday but almost 2 hours of chasing ppl around Walmart Supercenter should about cover it .

Well I'm off here to get dh and kids moving. Will check back later.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:13 AM   #11  

Spryng, Wow you had a tough road being with your dh. I'm so happy though that you proved everyone wrong and are still together!!! I assume that was part of the arguments with parents. My dh did put on some weight, but since the beggining of this year he exercising 5 days a week on the treadmil and has lost weight. He is a good weight now, but not as toned as he once was. Still looks good to me. I love em' no matter what.

Leigh, I think we had a similar question, but I don't remember. That's so funny that you met on a blind date set up by his mother no less. Too funny. I guess sometimes mother's no best....and sometimes not. lol
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #12  

I had an awful night. My gf, 39 weeks ago, lost her baby lat night. I was at the hospital with the family until 1200, when they baptized the baby. The dr think the cord was to short and he might have pulled it or something. He is beatiful. I got to hold him, which I thought would weird me out, but it was quite precious. Anyway, I did not get much sleep last night. When JW woke up, I smothered him with kisses. It is so hard for me to plan his b-day with all of these feelings. Her due date was on the 27th, which was when mine was. The thing that is so scary is that JW had to have an emergency c-section because of the cord around his neck. I can not imagine life without him.

I am about sick to my stomach. I have not weighed in or exercised.

My sister is flying in today, so I am trying to get excited about that.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #13  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Chick-a-dees! Well I am soo tired this morning!! The coffee isn’t working! Why does coffee make my “brain” work overtime.. But not my body! My body feels dead! My daughter woke up at 3:30 this morning and wouldn’t go back to sleep! But.. I did get up at 5:30 and fix my dh's breakfast. I got in 55 minutes of exercise, and now it's time to get ready for school orientation. Both of my kids are fast asleep now, but it takes forever for me to prepare for a one hour outing! The bottles are all ready.. I think… so I just got to pack her bag, and get them both teeth brushed and dressed. Jariel her hair has just gotta make it today! That takes too long! I don’t have to cook, we are eating leftovers today, so I just gotta find something to do to keep me from being bored so that I won’t eat. But I definitely don’t want to be in the sun today.

I have no idea what we are going to plan for this weekend. Something FREE! I mentioned the pool, but my husband didn’t look enthused. Maybe the park.. But definitely not fishing… that’s stresses me out..I don’t feel like the beach this week.. The sand gets everywhere!!

My checklist for today

X Exercise (55 min Denise Austin)
_ School Orientation
_ Journal
_ Iron
X Laundry
X Wash Dishes
_ Bathrooms
_ Living room
_ Send Mail

Cheri- I forgot you were from TX too!! Ha, Ha But I bet you never been to the beaches I live by.. Galvestion and Corpus makes our beach look clean.. When I say brown sand and chocolate milk looking water! And I couldn’t figure out why I can barely find shells out here, but at our old beach.. They were EVERYWHERE.. Duh they were all dead! Plus we live right by a refinery… in Port Arthur.. So that can explain most of it.. But before SC, that was all I knew! I hear a lot about Padre Island.. I would love to go there!

Spryng, thanks! I know I did bad.. But I was starving.. And I didn’t want a crummy salad.. Which I can’t drive and eat! No excuses I know.. Heck.. I just wanted that thing! As far as cooking… I got tired of cooking 2 separate meals… so I just cook food that works with our budget and add as much skim milk or fat free stuff in it that I can!! No Money= no diet food for me! Except for when it goes on sale.. Then I stock up. But turkey ground meat is like 4 dollars a lb compared to regular ground meat which is 2.. And let’s not talk about ground chuck or sirloin!! So I just drain it and wash it.. And everything to get it as healthy as possible.. The chicken fajitas were the healthy stuff, I try to alternate it for the hubby because he doesn’t really like healthy stuff. I know it is all my fault.. ALL MINE! I could do much better pre freeze and pre cook my meals… and I was.. I got sidetracked… but thanks for reminding me… I sooo needed it!

Leigh- WENDY’S!! they have the best burgers to me… but Mcdonald’s have the best fries! Well aside from Whataburger.. Which they don’t have in SC

Ok. I’ve run out of time.. I gotta go!!!!!! I havent even read today’s posts yet!!! Anyways, I hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #14  

I hope you can read the post, the sp is awful.

QOTD: I met dh at church. We had been going to the same church for 10 years never met bc my family went to early and his late. We met and were engaged 6 months later.

Have a good day ladies!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Oh, Melinda . . . . I am so, so sorry about your friends and the baby. That is horrendous. I send prayers to them and you. And I can imagine how you feel since you experienced something similar with JW. I do hope your sister is a pleasant diversion. On a sidenote- do you and DH still go to the same church?

Cindi- LOL. I think you do have to share!

Deana- so has your oldest been driving around everywhere now?

Mel- yes, it's weird how we met and that it worked out- especially since neither of us wanted to goon the date in the first place!

Jaymi- I don't think I've had a Wendy's hamburger in years and years. There aren't that many Wendy's around me.

Okay, I saw all these cute clothes in the fall Victoria Secrets catalog, but I don't want to order anything until I weigh less. We'll see. I can't order anything until next month anyway, when the monthly budget resets
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote