Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #16  
**Kristin**

Jaymi - Penny was just saying that she felt it wouldn't be safe to post your whole name including your maiden and that she didn't feel comfortable doing so! Glad you had fun at the pool, I bet dd was tired! Today is a new day! You can get motiviated!

Michelle - That looks soooo cool! Sounds like you have the "5 year plan" for your house like we do too! We have renovations planned from now until NEXT winter in 2005! haha!!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

It's me again! Taking a breather from cleaning. Got all my morning routine done and my 15 min zone work went into cleaning my washer and dryer.. my kitchen is done already. So I feel productive so far today. Forgot to eat breakfast though so I'm starving! But I'll have lunch in about 30 min. What does everyone have planned for dinner? BBQ chicken for me. With corn on the cob, baked beans and all that.

Jaymi, I really do hope things get better for you. I would be depressed if I had to go back to work too, especially nights! I don't think I could physically do it. When are you suppose to sleep?? Your day at the beach sounded good! I wish we lived closer to one.

Michelle, I have seen that paper illusions before, I think on QVC and it was soo cute! It did look like alot of work but is worth it in the end. What color are you wanting to do? I can't wait to do more renovations on this house too. Hopefully next year we can get lots of projects done!

Kristin, did you get that desk done? Mine is a big mess. When we have the master bedroom as a zone this month I really plan on doing alot of work in here. My bedroom is the worst in the house! I hate it. Not a sanctuary at all like it should be. It should be a sleeping haven and maybe a romantic place to go, but not my room... it's the catch all room. If I don't know where to put something in another part of the house I stick it in here. LOL. Not a smart move, lol.

OK, off to heat up my lunch, which is leftover green chile chicken casserole and then hopefully to crochet! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #18  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok STOP IT!!! I guess I should go to bed earlier so I can wake up and get here in time to write! Well I can't stand that Spryng is already taking a break from cleaning and I am just getting up! Well I can't post a lot now cause my mom is waiting for me to go to the gym with her so I need to get the baby up and get on my way but I will come back and get personal! Spryng great idea about the flylady thing, I would be up for it. As for what i got fromt the website, I got the control journal, organizer thing and calendar. I think they will help me a lot! See you guys soon! NO MORE POSTING WHILE I AM GONE!! Just kidding
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #19  
SAHM of 3

Well, we schooled. Andrew took a nap the whole time, that's always helpful. It took almost 2 hours and it was fun. The first day or the first week is always fun. I do feel better now.
Now we're gonna go ahead and run our errands so we can get back home and hopefully take a nap this afternoon.
I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:12 PM   #20  

Height: 5 foot

Thanks everyone for letting me know! So Brooks is my maiden name! Ok for dinner today:

Campbell'sŪ Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy
(Prep/Cooking time: 20 min)
Serves: 6

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. boneless beef round steak, 1/2" thick
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Franco-American Gravies
6 cups hot mashed potatoes

Directions:

CUT beef into 6 pieces. Place each piece between two
sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with meat mallet or
rolling pin until 1/8" thick. Coat with flour.
HEAT oil in 12" skillet. Add beef and cook 10 min. or
until browned and done. Remove and keep warm.
ADD gravy to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits.
Heat through. Serve over steak with mashed potatoes.

I'll probably cook some corn with that. I never cooked this before, so wish me luck. My hubby LOVES chicken fried steak.. but he doesnt like all of this new stuff. Who cares.. he'll get used to it.. I'm trying to work on my cooking skills! Gotta go~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #21  

Hi again!

Jill enjoy your time at the gym! I'm so envious! We were about to join a gym before we moved from oklahoma to here that had a child care center in it and all that, it would have been so much fun!! But then we moved here.. no where land, lol and nothing like that is around here. So have lots of fun and break a sweat for me too! I'm so glad a few of you are up for that flylady chat! Lets figure out which day would be best... evening time is fine with me if it is good for you all.

Crystal, I thought school wasn't starting until the end of august? I'm glad it was fun! What lessons did you do today? And I hope you are able to get a nap in today too.

Jaymi, that recipe sounds good. My dh loves chicken fried steak (I like chicken fried chicken) but it doesn't sounds very low in fat or cals.. do you have the nutrition info on it?

OK, lunch was good. hit the spot. I had some diet coke hoping it gives me some energy, I really want to crochet during nap time today, but I feel tired already so I may have to nap too, lol. We'll see. TTYL!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #22  
soontobethin

Good afternoon everyone,
I am done cleaning for the day, took my boys to the park for playgroup, went and saw my mom, and got soveniers (sp), and getting readay to go make a salad for dh dinner. Oh yeah, already exercised and got my water in too, and the big goal for today, NO JELLY BELLYS! I haven't caved yet, so I don't think I will. Tonight we have to go to Eric's school orientation. That should be fun.
QOTD: Ricci Dawn.
Kristen, I too would like to get everyone's address and phone number, but only if we could do it safely. That would be cool to actually hear each other. Well, I am off, to go crochet and make some bracelets. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #23  

Hi guys!!!!

How is everyone?

Spryng I am glad your plumbing problem got fixed. It must be a huge relief for you. Your dinner you are making tonight sounds great. I wish I could get a nap in today too. But my kids won't stay in their rooms like yours....they sound so well behaved?....Are they ever sassy ? Just Kidding. Are you still sticking with the 120 goal weight? I think anything in the 120's makes me happy .

Jaymi, your recipe sounds so good. My husband has kind of hinted at me getting a part-time job. It would be a night, so he could watch the kids. I would like the socializing part but I think I would be a zombie. I don't know how Michelle does it? I mean we moms get no sick days, vacation days, thank yous (well i do), paychecks or 401k's. Not that I want to complain about being a stay at home mom because I love it but I just think people think we just don't do anything!! You know what I mean, I know you do. Well enough complaining from me. You sound like a great person and I love you always fall back on your faith to get you through tough times. Go Girl!!!!

Leigh how was your lunch? Did you get pizza or McDonalds? They both sound good to me right now .

Ricci good job staying OP today. I love Jelly Bellys too.

Geri did you get a bike ride in today?

Well I wish I could remember everyone and all the posts, but anywho Hi everyone! Have a great day. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #24  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok hey everyone! You didn't make it too hard for me so thanks! I went to the gym and did the eliptical cross trainer for 20 minutes and burned about 275 calories so I feel pretty good, I broke a sweat for you and me both Spryng! I like it there cause I have been a member for like 5 years and it is a smaller club so I know a lot of people. The child care lady is really great too so I feel comfortable leaving her there. My mom started SBD Sat. and has already lost 5 pounds! I am so proud of her! We are definitley going to make it a habit of going 5 days a week. Anyway I might have to work today but I am hoping not cause I am really enjoying getting stuff done around here (I know I think I'm losing it too!)

Kristin great idea about names and addresses, could we just PM eachother and send them that way? Or maybe we could all send ours to you and then you can combine them and send them back to us? I think that would be safe wouldn't it? I think it would be great to send stuff back and forth! Also I will try and post a pic of my house later today.

Crystal AHHHHHHHH! I would go crazy if I didn't have any sleep like that! I definitly wouldnt be teaching school, I would be lounging on the couch but I guess thats kind of hard with 3 kids huh? Good for you for getting school done today that's great that the kids had fun.

Mel good for you for being on plan yesterday! It feels so good when you can do that, makes it easier to stay on plan the rest of the week.

Leigh great minds think alike. I am the disposable queen too! Well I guess you can only have one queen so I'll be the queen of Oregon and you be the queen of Georgia! LOL
Have fun playing with the dogs! Sounds fun!

Penny I hope you are having fun at the church getting your room ready! I'm sure it will look so great when you get done! Let us know how it came out, heck post a pic if you can. Talk to you soon!

Michelle good job with the diet! Your awesome. I checked out that site and it is really cool. I'm sure it will look great! That's so fun that you are getting all this new stuff for your house. I love fixing up my place. Our house was originally built in 1911 but before we bought it a guy came in and totally re-did everything so we have a new house but I still enjoy painting and getting furniture and doing gardens and stuff. It's so fun! I won't be on here much next week either because I have a college course that is stuffing 10 weeks of material into 6 days so I will be going to school from 9-5 everyday for 1 class! It's cool though cause I get the same amount of credits that I would if I were taking the 10 week course. So I guess we will both be MIA for a week!

Hey Jaymi, ya pregnant? Thats what it sounds like to me. Maybe not though, just a thought! I think everyone goes through phases like you are right now so hang on, I'm sure you'll get back on track. The beach sounded so fun! We went a couple weekends ago and had a lot of fun too, our coastal water is too cold to swim in for any length of time but we had fun sitting in the sand and relaxing.

All right I think I got everyone. Baby is down for a nap and I have not eaten yet today (It's only 11 here) so I need to decide if I am having breakfast or lunch and get some food in me. I think dinner tonight is shake 'n bake chicken, roasted potatos and steamed squash but seeing as how I have to work now we might just have leftover lasagna and salad! Hope everyone is having a great day! TTYL
Old 08-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #25  

It's me again!

Well I thought I'd be revved up after that diet coke but I'm not, lol. So I'll be napping here shortly. But I did get some crochet in! Makes me feel good. So relaxing. The kids have been really good today.

Jill so glad you got some exercise in for me too! LOL! I think it is great you and your mom will be gym buddies! And she has lost 5 lbs in 3 days?? That is fantastic! She must have alot to lose, am I right? I love shake n bake!! I'm coming to your house for dinner! LOL.

Julie, don't let my kids fool you! LOL.. they are no angels. But they enjoy nap time too, they don't nap anymore (except Tanner) but they have their quiet time in their rooms and play by themselves for 2 hours and that gives me 2 hours to mylsef too which I need everyday. We've done this since they were born so they don't know anything else, lol. I'll probably do it until they are all in school too. And yes, they can get sassy, lol.. Bubba (my 3 yo) is the worst at back talking me and arguing about everything... but I'm used to it and he knows how far to take it before he gets in trouble, but for the most part I'd say they are well behaved for their ages. And yes, I am still aiming to get to 120 lbs, then I want to put on lean muscle weight and settle around 125. So what are you up to today?

Ricci, what are you crocheting?? Your day has been busy already!

Well, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:32 PM   #26  
Curves 6-week solution

Spryng, my mom has about as much weight as I do to lose. Maybe a little more if she does really good. She is not over weight really just needs to be healthier and get more exercise in. Glad you are having a good day!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #27  

Default H e l p!

Someone please send me some words of encouragement today. I am bored and lonely over here and I just had the rest of a left over shake from the weekend and I feel awful for doing it. I almost ate something else because I'm so mad at myself......HELP! I did my exercise and I think I should do more now....
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #28  
Curves 6-week solution

Mel, go exercise or take a walk or something, get out of the house and away from temptations! Can you take the kids to the park or something? I am the same way today. I just want to eat junk but I am trying to keep my mind off of it. Just think though with all the hard work you have been putting in lately your body probably won't even react to the shake so forget you did it and start over today! It's not too late!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Mel I'm sending hugs your way Hang in there girly!! We love ya!!

Jill man it sounds like you are going to be wicked busy next week!! I hope it goes well!!

Spryng you wanna come clean my house?? Oh wait I forgot MIL said no cleaning lol what a nut

Leigh I hope the playdate goes well

Di how are you chickie?

Ricci way to go on having no jelly bellys Yayyyy!! You are doing wonderful!!

Spryng thanks so much for the Postcard!! Its so adorable and Taylor loves the butt on it!!!! I should have taken a video of her when she first saw it lmao you woulda peed yourself lol.

Ok I'm taking a nap! You all have a great afternoon!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #30  
**Kristin**

Its me !!! Getting the desk cleaned off is proving to be a HUGE task! Although I am proud to say there are 2 grocery bags full of trash and about 2 stacks about a a foot high each of stuff that needs to be filed. I am about to actually "pledge" the desk and actually clean it, and then it is time to organize it and get the stuff filed. All the while I have made a succesful lunch, got the munchkin down for a nap and ony have 2 loads of laundry left to do and hang up the shirts, everything else (laundry wise) is DONE!!!!!! Well now that i have bored you al with my day....

Jill - I would love to coordinate that (the addy thing).....I am just not sure of a way for you all to get that info to me safely unless you email me at my personal email address. which from what i understand, giving that out is not safe either, haha, so, I think I will telepathically send you all my email address and you can email me your info and I can compile it and send it to all of you at the addresses you sent me! haha! really though, I can POM you all my email address if you would like and we can do it that way..I know that some of you have already exchanged those things, but just let me know!

Spryng - sounds like you have had a nice day and that things are going smooth for you! Enjoy your nap!

Julie - I don't think that we have met! I am Kristin, SAHM to one sydney almost 3...I have been married for 2 years and love this place! Glad you are joining us (again- if you have been here before)

Ricci - Glad that you are having such a productive day!!!!! GO RICCI! GO RICCI! We will find a way to get those addy and phone #'s out! haha!

Jaymi - recipe sounds good, I too would like to know the nutrients !!! Sounds rich!

Crystal - glad the "first day at school" went well for you and the kids! Hope you get to get some rest now after your errands this afternoon!

Okay off to file...ugh...and change the laundry!!!! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote