Old 07-26-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #225!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Monday Morning

Hi ladies. I haven't checked in since Friday sometime.
First of all, Penny when you start a new thread, it's prettier, colorful and more eye catching, I should have put forth more effort.

Before I forget, the other questions I missed...
I dislike 2 things about myself: one is obvious, my weight problem. The other is that I'm not always true to myself trying to make everyone else happy. Mostly my dh, I do or don't do what I know he likes or doesn't like. That could go deeper.
I like the fact that I'm a cheerful person, aside from this pregnancy, and I have very strong faith, in God of course.

Today's QOFD:
What is your favorite season and holiday and why?

My answer to that: I love Fall and Thanksgiving. I love that no presents are a part of this holiday. It is just for family and friends and thankfulness. It's the only true holiday to me. I love to bake and cook and entertain.

Okay, I read through all the posts but not sure what I can remember.

Penny, Friday I was busy cleaning mom's house, running errands, etc. My mom's kitchen didn't get started last week, it was moved to today, so I'm gonna be busy today. That dog is so cute.

Spryng, I hope you have so much fun. Be careful and hope to hear from you soon.

Michelle, so glad you are okay. I understand about reading the posts, just not posting, I'm guilty of that too sometimes.

Jaymi, I'm glad you went to the pool. Sounds like your dh needs to learn a few things. If you don't mind me asking, how old is he? I've learned that their age has alot to do with how they act and their priorities and such. My dh is guilty of the same thing at times. Hope you have a good day today.

Cindi, sorry about that rash. Is it from the Splenda? How is Christian, nothing serious is it?

Geri, how is Avon going? Something got into my garden, through the pen and shredded my cantaloupe. I don't think it was a rabbit, because the leaves and stems and everything were strewn out of the pen and the cantaloupe wasn't eaten, there were a few bites and that's it. It was the strangest thing. I have a few left and my zucchini is trying to make a comeback.

Hi to Cheri, Kristin, Ricci, Ginny, Melinda, Leigh and whoever else I missed. I am so sorry. I've got to get ready for the day, I've got to have 3 kids up, dressed, beds made and ready to leave before 8:30. It's 7 now, that should be plenty of time, but we'll see.

I'll check in later when I get back. Hope everyone has a great day.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  

Morning All!

Crystal, sounds like you are going to be busy! Hope you get all that cleaning done. Do you do it with all the kids with you? If so, that's tough. It's tough home, let alone at someone elses house.

As for me I am getting myself OP today. I Plan to do a walk of the pounds video, since I can't do the treadmill with the Bugga Bug awake. I have my 9 year old sister here for a few days, so it's a little more hectic. I hope I have the patients. TOM due and Bug's was up half the night.

QOTD.... I love Spring and Easter. It is a new beginning !
Yesterdays QOTD....I hate the way I look...especially in the shore pictures from last week of me in a bathing suit....man, do I really look like that? I love that I am a giving person. I always offer help when I can.

gtg, bugs is screamin' again!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #4  
mama of 4little Angels

Smile Morning ladies

Penny_I absolutly love your new puppy.Thats the kind I want.How big does that one get?I'm sure it's not much bigger.I want one I can carry around like a baby,since I can't have anymore.lol The puppy is to cute.What's it's name?

QOTD
My Favorite holiday is Christmas.Because I love to watch my kids eyes light up christmas morning and we also bake a cake and sing Happy Birthday to baby jesus on Christmas Eve.I think that helps to show the kids what christmas is really about.

Well as far as my dieting.I'm not on one yeaaaah.I feel much better not worrying about it.But I'm still paying attention to what I eat and i'm going to make sure I exercise at least 3 times a week.When the kids start school,me and dh are thinking about joining the Y so we can swim laps.
Anyhow,today i'm just going to clean house and play with the kids.I still have'nt gone school shopping not looking forward to it.
Ya'll have a good day i'll check back in later.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies

Spryng I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time with DH this week!! You deserve it!! I'm getting a maltese puppy, we went to the breeders house yesterday and got to meet the mommy and daddy dog and then we also got to see some of her Chins which were adorable as well shes got 3 dogs that will give birth in August so our new puppy will come from one of those litters!! I'm so excited!! I told hubby I wouldn't mind getting a Chin instead of the Maltese (they were 200 bucks cheaper) but he liked the Maltese because they were so playful. Teagan just loved all the little dogs and Taylor was so gentle with them so I think it will be great once we get to bring our pup home!!

Ok for the QOTD for today: My favorite season/holiday is Christmas, not because of materialistic things like gifts but I just love the smells the beautiful trees, the christmas snow, seeing my kids and hubby opening gifts and making the supper.

Geri, I have a bike ride planned for today, and then I'm planning on taking the girls up to the playground at the school Taylor will just love that I bet!

Penny Rubie is just adorable!! I'm so happy for you!! You now have another baby!!!! I can't wait for my pup to come home, and as soon as they are born I'm going to go pick out the one I want!! Both parents weigh about 6 lbs so their pups wont get much bigger than that.

Ricci so glad your WW stuff came! TOM finally came for me too and man is he trying to wreak havoc on my eating!! I've beat him up and thrown him in the basement (I wish) LOL.

Crystal I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Ok I was going to post more but Teagan is screaming at me so I need to get going. I'll be back later. Hi to everyone I missed!!
Love
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #6  

Well, I did it!!! Yahoooooooo. Walk of the pounds 2 miles. My sister and DD did it with me. Even little Bugs did some.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladie!

QOTD: I too love Christmas time and Thanksgiving, equally. Christmas because of the lights and decorations and Thanksgiving because of the giant family meal with out presents!

The boys are downstairs destroying their play room. I've packaged up a ton of clothes from me, (business clothes from when I worked) and a bunch of stuff from Logan and Ethan that doesn't fit anymore and some of their toys, books and a bouncy chair. I'll be driving them to the next town over, there is a Women's shelter there, where women suffering from domestic violence have a safe haven. I thought it would be a good place to give my stuff, where it could be put to the best use. I'll take it either today or tomorrow, it's at least a 1/2 an hour drive away.

I'm just doing OK with my plan this weekend. I had a case of the snackies last night and ate some cereal and oatmeal cookies, so I'm not thrilled that I caved in like that but today is the start of a new week so I should let it go.

Steve will be out of town this week, in Dallas I believe. The trip should give him some information in regards to a promotion he would like to get, one that would eventually move us to Idaho. I hope he gets good new in regards to it, as I've already been looking into real estate! LOL

So in regards to appetite suppressants, does anyone take anything over the counter that they find particularly helpful? I'm hoping to kind of give myself a jump start.

Oh yeah, here's my Bio info:

DianeJ - mommy to twin boys, Logan and Ethan (2 years old!), married to a wonderful man for 9 years and counting. I'm doing the W.W's thing with a Southbeach twist!

OK, gotta see what all the ruckus is downstairs and try and get something healthy into my body before I crave some junk food.

Bye for now,
Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 07-26-2004 at 12:01 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:13 PM   #8  
Seen any cute shoes???

Thumbs up G' Morning

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've done pilates for the day. When hubby goes to days in a week and a half. I'm going to do pilates in the a.m. and go for walks in the evenings. I had my first weigh in today. -6.5 lbs loss for the week. Granted that's not going to be my regular loss per week...but hey I'll take it. Ok...gotta get lunch started for the boys. I'll be personal with everyone in a bit.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:19 PM   #9  
**Kristin**

Good Morning Ladies! Sorry no posting from me this weekend, I am terrible at weekends, just always going somewhere, and any home time is spent w/ Hubby getting stuff done or playing outside! IT was a nice weekend though. I maintained at my WI last week, but this week, I think I might actually have a loss! I have been eatting really well, and also I got to exercise 4 times last week! WHOO-HHOO!

So all the QOTD's: here I go!

One thing that I don't like about myself, is that I get really weak around things that I want to buy, even if I don't have the money...twice I have bounced a check to get something that I want. I have been really forcing myself to rethink that, money don't grow on trees after all! Two things that I like about myself is that I am a good mom, and love to give the gift of time...one of the best things (even though it sounds kinda wierd) is that I like to spend the last moments with someone close to me befor they die. I think it is healing for me too. I was there for my aunts death (she was 38, died of cancer), and all 4 of my grandparents, a good friend of mine that was in a car accident, and another dear friend that I had met in the nursing home where my grandmother was, who had no family to be there with her when she died. Sorry if now you think I am wierd now! lol! I just feel like it was so important to make it okaqy for those people to make the next transition and know that someone was there with them the whole time, especially my aunt, she was more like a sister..oh yeh, did I mention all those poeple passed away within the last 3 years..and I wonder why I have a weight problem, too much stress! Anyway, sorry to get so long winded! On to the next question for today. My favorite holiday has to be Christmas, but the early morning part before the presents, when we lay around, drink hot chocolate, and get ready to go to families houses.

Well after that thesis, I would say that I need to get something done around here, and get personal with ya'll later! SO have a good monday, and I will talk to you all later!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:16 PM   #10  
soontobethin

Good afternoon. Well, I just spent a butt load of money. I bought a car from my brother for $1700. It could have been more I guess, but now we are a two car family. We've had one car for eight years, but with Eric and I starting school, we needed another one. Oh well, at least we had the money for it.
QOTD. I like all the holidays. My dh always goes overboard on Christmas,but its the only holiday his family ever got into. I really enjoy the Fall and winter with the smells of baking and all that stuff.
This afternoon I am going for a LONG bike ride when dh gets home. Its so nice here right now. Only in the 70's. I had to clean my bathrooms this morning. I hate doing that. Gotta go, boys are fighting.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #11  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey ladies,Well i've walked for and hour and mowed the lawn and i'm in the process of fixing the kids bike .I feel like I run a bike shop sometimes.lol I'm stuck with one of the bikes right now though.Because i'm tring to get a chian off the old bike to fix the other bike with,but I think i'm going to have to just go buy a chain because their is no way to get it off.Anyhow i've eaten really well today and have had lots of water.I'm tring to get rid of the apple pie with ice cream that I had last night.It was soooooooo good.I don't feel to guilty about it.Anyhow i've had a piece of rasien bread and coffee for breakfast and lots of water and a tuna wrap for lunch and i'm having something light for dinner.I'm to hot to eat big.Well let me get off here and figure out what i'm going to do about the bikes.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! No exercise yet for today, my daughter was awoken from the dog. So... a little crabby today. BUT..... my mission is to not let the little things get me down.. Chances are... I might not exercise later because the later it gets.. the lazier I get... but life isnt perfect. So... instead of being miserable and whining, I will keep on pushing on. I think the news is getting my attitude is worse. All they talk about is war, and murder... etc. No wonder! I'm seriously thinking about taking the kids to the park. I won't get much exercise, because I'll have to watch the baby, and she doesnt like heat that much.. But the pool and the beach are too hard. I don't have the energy. I still need to go to the library and take back those videos. I'm cooking chilli dogs today... so I don't have to worry about a big meal to cook for later. I ended up eating Wendy's today.. but I ate some nuggets.. I think only 180 calories for 5 pieces... and I didnt get any breakfast. I spend 2 hours waiting for the dealership to change out my cd player. So I just need to get out there and burn some fat. Sweat a little. Well anyways, I need to get up and do something. It's getting pretty late. I'll check in later! Jaymi

BTW- Crystal, DH just turned 24... and I will be turning 26 in November. He is immature in a lot of ways I never noticed before.. because we werent married then. But I married him because he was more mature in other ways... that now doesnt seem to matter as much as before!! weird.

OH anybody can tell me how to put pictures in my signature?!?!?!? gotta go!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 07-26-2004 at 03:15 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:32 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

well ladies! Slow day here, must mean fast day at home! Hope everyone had a great day..I am off to work....maybe tonight I can get some time to get back here and get personal....just couldn't hack it today, along with exercise which sucks! I just am really tired today, I need to get more sleep at night, I know that is my problem. well, off to work, I'll check back in with you all later!
hugs always
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Red face new member

Hi my name is Jill and I am the proud mommy of a 10-month old baby girl, Bayley. Since I have had her I have been having a hard time getting rid of the baby weight. In the past I have been successful at losing weight but I am finding it harder to control my cravings. For example I am eating a brownie while I am writing this Anyway I found this site and thought it might be helpful to have a support group to help me out. I'm not real sure how to work all this posting and graphic stuff so bear with me till I figure it out. My goal in the next year is to be a size 8 and to lose about 15-20 pounds. Currently I am 5'4", 157. Any helpful hints would be great. I haven't read all your posts but sure I will get through them all in the next few days. I look forward to talking with you all. Have a great day!

Jill
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:48 PM   #15  

Jill, Welcome. I am Melissa SAHM of 2, a 4 year old girl and an almost 2 year old boy.
It is very hard to stay away from lose cravings. I know all too well. If you are nursing your son, it's worse, but I don't know if you are or not. Anyway, stick with this group, they are a WONDERFUL bunch of women. They give so much encouragement and have many ideas that will help you. see the begining of this thread and view some of the profiles. Check back everyday or a few times a day. ENjoy !