Old 07-19-2004, 08:51 AM   #31  
SAHM of 3

Good Morning Ladies.
First of all I must welcome Cheri. You and I are alike, I have a 5 yo; (10-09-98), 3 yo; (06-09-01), and a 19 month old; (12-01-02); I'm also due Feb. 1st with #4. I live in Texas, about 30 miles East of Dallas. I also homeschool. Alisa, my oldest will be in 1st grade. We need to chat about that. I'm also a representative for Watkins and Avon. I tried Suzanne Somers years ago and love her method but I'm just not one to follow a plan, I have much better luck just counting calories and exercising. I'm trying to make this pregnancy the best one I can and healthiest one. Where exactly do you live in Texas? I'm also trying to do some interior decorating, I completed a home study course but am just doing some work for my mom and hopefully myself soon. Welcome aboard, I'm so glad you found us. Hope you stick around and maybe we can chat alittle.

Spryng, I wanted to watch The Days because it's from the same people that make Smallville which we watch, but we had to see The 4400 and The Dead Zone.

Geri, I did get the kids a bath, I waited until after lunch so they were good and fresh.

Michelle, those dreams were some crazy ones. One of weirdest with this one so far was that I was married to Arnold Swarzneggar but he was actually my now dh, I don't know if that even makes since. Anyways.

Well, Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a good night. We had fun at Chuck E. Cheese, the kids loved it and even Andrew was really good but loved it so much. Well, I'm staying home today, I think, I need some groceries but I don't want to go yet. My kids have ALL been awake since 630 this morning, I can't believe that, we WILL have a nap today. I've got to make breakfast now, I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #32  
**Kristin**

Good Morning To all of you!

I haven't checked in since Friday I think...busy weekend with a cousins wedding, bbq at the in-law's and just stuff around the house! I have resolved that weekends will not be my best at posting! With DH home, he likes to keep busy! Oh we also went to the Wildlife Safari that is out by a huge state park. It was pretty cool, nothing extravigant, but some bears came right up to the window..sydney was so excited !

Anyway - not a lot of time to post, as we are dog sitting for 3 months for my parents German Shepard. THey are moving and need Kasey gone so they can show the house without dog hair ! So she camr this morning...yeah, I'm so excited, NOT! however, it should be olay..the 2 dos are ignoring each other t the moment. DD wants breakfast, so, talk to you all later! Many hugs to you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:18 AM   #33  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone!

Spryng~ How many calories are those lean pockets? (if you remember! ) My days were going better for a while… but somewhere I’ve forgotten how to manage my stress! But I’ll get it! My sister is 17 almost 18... But she started gaining weight all of a sudden, so it seemed to me that her metabolism was slowing down. She was always smaller than me… but when she got my weight… I don’t know. It wasn’t a REAL competition or anything.. Because we are shaped completely different! But I figured since she had pretty much stopped journaling and exercising, plus she had 1800 calories that I would go faster and lose that 1 lb! I just wanted to show here that what I try to do works… but so far I’ve been a bad example of that!

Michelle~ Congrats on your 2 lbs!! I would say the first would also. I tend to gain weight throughout the day.. For no reasons! So most women probably do the same! That’s why you should only weigh in once a week… because doesn’t that just tick you off! It gets you in a bad mood for nothing! You are doing great, and it’s always best to weigh in the mornings anyway …or when you wake up~~ OH I haven’t had any nightmares in a couple of weeks, but I had them all the time every night!! So I know how you feel!! I don’t have any remedy for getting rid of them either! Except for try to pray, or put a bible under your pillow… that one sounds dumb… but it really works… or used to when I was younger!!

Crystal~ I try to take my days off on the weekend… but then Mondays… I get way behind…. And it gets annoying because no one else helps around here! So… I just clean up a little bit on the weekends.

Leigh~ Plateaus suck! But oh well.. I’m not the only one… so no reason to whine about it… every single day right!! When my sister came here we started dieting together. She had a journal and everything.. But she hasn’t journaled in forever.. And I never see her exercise! But she says she does! I guess that’s what she does in the middle of the night! I hide my daughters toys or put them up in a box for about a week or two… then I take them out again… She forgets all about them! But she still only plays with them for a minute. She seems to like blocks the most!

Mel~ You are sooo right! Thanks… can you be my counselor!! Nah honestly, coming here has helped me out a lot! Before I kept it all in! I tried writing in a journal… but I didn’t feel comfortable, plus I never really let loose because I had a feeling my hubby would read it behind my back… soo…

Cheri~ Welcome!! What part of TX are you in?? I’m from Port Arthur… although you might not have ever heard of it!! It’s about 2 hrs or so from Houston.

Geri~ De-stress!?!? What’s that?!? I WISH! I think I need everyday to myself sometimes! I take time out for myself.. But when I get back home… it’s like it never happened! I don’t get it.. But I do take time out… exercising is my time.. But I guess lately I haven’t been able to do it as much.. And that is my problem.

Well today I got in 45 minutes of Denise Austin.. But I didn’t even work up a sweat.. So I’m about to go and do some more! My husband has started reading my emails and stuff so… the copy and paste thing isn’t going to work. I left a page up here so that I can leave my email… (I always type on Microsoft word so that I. When my AOL freezes up for the 50’Th time, I don’t lose my email, and 2. It seems quicker… ) But yesterday I forgot to take it off and then my hubby went on to read it and my emails…. Now he wants to start this psycho stuff again! I HATE that! Well he knows about the adipex now!! Before he used to be sooo jealous and read all my stuff and look on my computer.. Etc. etc But since I had gained weight and only sit here in the house… he had gotten off that kick.. But since I‘ve been going places he‘s started that up again… He has some nerve.. But anyway we aren’t gonna get on him today!! I might forget to leave this on again! Anyways I know I probably missed someone, but I’ll get back to ya! I want to go to the zoo and do some other stuff today. Since my sis will only be here for a couple of days… I got a million things to do! Yesterday I pigged out a Ryan’s!!! I didn‘t really eat any fattening things.. But I ate a lot! Then I had these cinnamon roasted pecan things at the mall… yummmmm!!! Then I had a snickers and a burger! So I sucked… plus no exercise…. So I gotta get on the ball. Things will get better when my sis leave.. But I don‘t want her to! Anyways I gotta go. Will try to update later!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #34  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

I just realized that I haven't posted since Thursday........

I finally got caught up with all the posts! Ewww I was at VBS from 7:30 am to 7:45pm and then went from there to the river for the weekend. Time we got down there it was 9:15pm. Hubby caught me off guard with it and I did not have much time to pack. I usually have to plan things like that.... LOL Oh BTW, 30 minutes before the big parents night performance Friday evening..... Both of the boys fell alseep. So after all that, they didn't even perform.... LOL

Welcome Cheri I'm Penny Mom to three boys Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 and Andrew 13 months. Boy are my boys growing up

Congrats to Michelle on the loss! Yah!

Melissa,
I try to limit the kids tv time also. We do a daily school section for about 15-30 minutes or so. Every time the kids complete a page, whether it is coloring, learning, painting or if they do something nice for someone else or do what I tell them to w/out the hassle..... they get a gold star by their name..... when they have 10 gold stars, they get to pick out a new toy at the store next time we go. It is usually a dollar toy but they don't care
I think the video swap is a great idea! I will see what I have! We can swap monthly if we all get tired of them......

Ginny,
Thanks for the recipe!

Cindi,
Congrats on maintaining That is great!

Geri,
I hope you enjoyed your bon fire last night! Has mom been coming over?

Crystal,
Glad you and the kids had such a great time at Chuck e Cheese!

Ricci,
Where are you woman??

Michelle,
Those pics are just the best! Tell dh I think he does look like Vin

Jaymi,
Hang in there. You are a strong person!

Leigh,
Have fun walking! Congrats to you on the maintenance! You will lose this week for sure! How is the book club going?

Spryng,
I was gonna ask you.... Do you do side dishes with your meals or just the main dish? Just curious...

Di,
Where are you?

Melinda,
How are the bday plans coming for JW? I know it's soon!

Kristin,
It sounds like your weekend was very full! Hope you are not wore out...

I have to run and get groceries. I am going to try and run to the mall for a new pair of shoes. (the kids will let me know.... if we make it or not)

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone! If I did I am truely sorry! I luv you all Ok, I gotta get going! I will see you all later
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #35  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

OH BTW, Kirsten

I love the quote in your siggy line!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Starting a new thread!! see you at 219!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote