Old 11-16-2004, 05:14 AM   #61  
Beauty is within...

Good evening folks!

Jo, GREAT JOB on the weight loss! I think we are all too quick to disparage what we achieve, so BE PROUD of yourself - considering what you've been going through, I think you're a CHAMP for being able to stay focussed and lose weight!!!!!!
Glad to hear you're back on the regular walking - makes a difference doesn't it?!

I haven't been out for my walk cos I've been so busy, so all the more thankful for my bike. Haven't been on it in the last couple of days = been really tired today. I hate the mood swings I go through, but just gotta keep going I guess....

I don't know whether I've lost any weight. My scales died, and I won't be weighed at the gym till Thursday. I'm not feeling hugely optomistic, but you never know. My progress has fluctuated quite a bit, so my weight has probably remained fairly much the same.

Work's going well. I went into head office today to be shown their procedures on petty cash and stuff. It's so interesting going into a new office and seeing all the procedures that they are used to where you can see some room for improvement and change - that's one of the areas I enjoy the most - being able to go over Admin procedures and processes and help improve and streamline them. My theory is that the job should be as simple and straightforward as possible so that if you aren't there, anyone who's familiar with the field can take over.

I went shopping yesterday. I'd promised myself I wouldn't buy myself anymore clothes until I lost some weight, but have found that I don't have very many nice summer clothes, because haven't really been able to afford to buy anything for a while. I love all the colours in at the moment - my favourite colour is pink, and all this season's clothes are pink, lime green, lilac and white. Great! So I bought a light pink skirt and a lovely floral summer top to wear under a jacket for work, and a couple of 3/4 length pants in hot pink and lime green. Love it! Sucked that I'm a size 22, but at least I was being realistic! I'm not sure whether you guys have the same sizing there?

Well, I'm going to go and read a book and relax.... Hope everyone is doing well.

What was the summary of people's week with the exercise? I think I managed to do 4 or 5 days? Definitely can improve on that. My problem is still the food, as I slowly get used to having to plan my meals better around work.

Gotta go, catcha soon.

Lynne
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #62  

Hello well I am getting my walking going a gain it is so hard to get back on track but no more excusses I do my one mile tape every morning and try to go out for a walk in the after noon or do biking but I havnt any lbs off yet.....Christmas is comming fast and if I want to eat some cookies I have to have 10 lbs off well that it for now Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #63  

Hey--glad to see a post from Lynne & Jean---hang in there ladies. I go back in for my check up tomorrow--will find out if I'm cleared for more strenuous exercise. Walked this morning--2 days in a row. Back to wearing my pedometer--helps keep me motivated. Planning on walking tomorrow--then any other days I get in this week will be a bonus---
Good for you Jean working out to your tape. The more you work out--the more energy you have. The experts are telling us that 2 or 3 shorter workouts a day are just as beneficial as a long one--so keep it up--before you know it, you'll be
My eating today hasn't been the best--came home starved and had downed the leftover spaggetti before I knew I was in it Oh well--a new day is coming! Breakfast and lunch were on program.
Kermie & Chris--how are you both doing? Chris--any change in Brookes? Hope the meds are helping him keep things down--are you back to WW??? Re-joining during the holidays is a good idea--your still really motivated so you stay on program so much better during all the parties etc.
Gonna run--I'm going to settle down in front of the tube--it's been a long day.
Jo
Grandma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:28 PM   #64  

Hey everyone--another foggy day here in Minnesota. Haven't seen the sun in days Did walk before work. It was a struggle. Hard to get motivated when the weather is so crappy. Went to the doctors after work--didn't find out much--just donated more blood samples. Should know something by the end of the week. I do know my hemoglobin count is still only 8.6 so no heavy exercise yet. Just walking at a mid range workout--no fast walking or running. Oh well--at least it's higher than 23 weeks ago. Hope you are all fine. Will post tomorrow.
Jo
Old 11-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #65  

Hey everyone--another weekend almost over--why do they always go by sooo fast and the work week crawls??? Babysat the grandchildren this weekend, so I didn't weigh in yesterday. I was lucky to get in a shower--the sun is finally out today--going for a walk when i sign off here. Predicting clouds again tomorrow. Christmas is coming up fast--how goes everyones challenge???
Jo
Old 11-23-2004, 04:42 AM   #66  
Beauty is within...

Okay, where did that week go???!!!

It was Josh's birthday, so with work and organising that, my week went haywire! Most of the week was pretty much a write off, so I'm trying to start again this week.

The training program that I've been doing at the gym has not been a huge success. I mean, from the point of view that I'm getting more educated about my food choices and have increased my exercise, that's all good. But I had a bad time there for a few weeks, so in the whole time I've been doing this, which is about 9 weeks, I haven't lost any weight. I haven't GAINED weight, which is another bonus, but would've been nice to see some SCALE results. However... I have to remind myself of the good and move forward. I'm really going to try and be strong and focussed over the next few weeks before christmas. I'd like to have a little loss at least before I finish the program. I've got 3 weeks to go.

Josh's birthday was a headache - 8 year old kids can be a right royal pain in the butt!!!! VERY demanding and expecting everything they liked IMMEDIATELY! They were worse that little kids! I was feeling very tired, grumpy and unappreciated by the end of the day!!

Jean, it's great to hear you are trying so hard. The exercise will definitely help you! What are you doing about food control - do you follow your own program or are you doing Weight Watchers or something?

Jo, I hope your appointment went well. You are certainly trying hard that's for sure!

Chris, hope you and family are well.

I watched a really interesting episode of Dr Phil today about handling babies and toddlers, especially kids who scream and cry all the time for attention. It was nice to sit there and say "hey, I do that! Dr Phil would be proud!" hee hee I love that guy, I think he's got some amazing advise. What's the feedback from you guys about him? Does Oprah hate him or is that just a nasty gossip magazine rumour?

I'm going to go and put some washing on before it gets too late. I'll try to get in tomorrow night and let you know how my second day of week 10 went!

Kisses and hugs
Lynne
Old 11-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #67  

Lynne--don't despair--at least your showing up at the gym--and without it you probably WOULD have gained weight. Don't envy you with the b-day party--glad those days are past for me.
Got some more test results back--very depressing. One year ago my blood work showed that I had started menopause. All of my hormone levels are back up this year---which explains the heavy periods again. Doctor says it is highly unsual to go back out of menopause but not abnormal---Yea, right. So I'm back on yet another medication to try to shrink the rapidly growing fibroid tumors and stop the floods! If this medicatatiion doesn't help it will be hystorectmy time-- oh well. Just hope one of the side effects of this medication isn't weight gain
Gotta run--oven timer is beeping at me--time to get the rest of dinner going. WIll touch base tomorrw. Hang in there--one day at a time!
Jo
Old 11-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #68  
Beauty is within...

Okay, that's really annoying - I posted yesterday, but it's not showing! I can't figure out what's happened, cos I know it was there before I quit...

It was a lovely motivating post, and now I can't remember what I said!

Guess WHAT???? I got up at 6.10AM!!!!! and got on my BIKE!!!!!! and did 15 MINUTES of exercise!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so NICE to do it in the morning, when I don't have the kids around but aren't leaving it till the end of the day after they've gone to bed when I'm too tired and just wanna veg. So... BIG PATS ON THE BACK FOR ME!!!!

Eating was good too - helps doing the exercise in the morning, cos then you want to be good for the rest of the day!

Hope everyone else is doing well... I'm going to go and make myself a chicken sandwich (on multi grain bread of course!)

PS it is SO HOT here!!! *gasp*

Lynne
Old 11-24-2004, 02:42 AM   #69  
Beauty is within...

What is going on??? Now there's the post, plus yours Jo.... wierd!!!! We'll have to report it if it keeps up.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:44 PM   #70  

Lynne--I got your post yesterday and todays--but I know what your talking about with the posts not showing up. This site is getting very slow again--with all the pop-ups. Good for you getting up early to exercise. Thats what I/ve been doing for the last 4 years--then it's out of the way, you have more energy for the day and it feels good to get moving right away before your too tired. Had an ok day myself. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here--so there will be lots of eating--but thats ok. Back to basics on Friday. I'm having it here--so I'll be sending leftovers home with the kids. But right now it's pretty unbearable. Just finished baking 2 pies and it smells wonderful in my house
Will talk later in the week. Keep up the great work!
Jo
Old 11-24-2004, 11:52 PM   #71  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma3
This site is getting very slow again--with all the pop-ups.

Have you scanned your system for spyware lately? I've added a post to the Help forum to explain that we limit pops, and give information about programs that might cause more pops than come from us.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49738
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 06:47 AM   #72  
Beauty is within...

Yay! I can see you all again! Suzanne was being very helpful in trying to find out what was going on, but I've scrolled through the pages which seems to have made a difference.

Jo, I used to have pop-ups coming up all the time, but not any more thank goodness! I agree with you about the early exercise. I did it again this morning AND went to the gym, so I'm pumped! I've been so energetic today, which is quite amazing considering how hot it is. We had 35 degrees today, will be 36 tomorrow, and then pretty much the same for the rest of the week. I'm not sure what that is in your temp, but it's darn hot! The house is foul. The kids are coping ok so far, keep them with as little clothing as possible, lots of ice and a spray bottle to keep us cool. Yuk! I bought an air conditioning unit to put in the window, but it hasn't been installed yet, so having to cope with a couple of fans!

I've gotta go and load my new dishwasher, and then off to bed. I don't want to go to sleep too late if I wanna get up in the morning again. Working all day tomorrow temping as head office's receptionist, which should be fun. At least I'll be in an airconditioned office!

Have a good night folks, and talk to you soon. Kermie, Chris, hope you can post soon.

Lynne
Old 11-25-2004, 12:12 PM   #73  

Read Suzannes post. I'll have one of my kids down load for me later today. My hubby does visit a lot of political web sites--which explains the tons of junk e-mail I get everyday. Todau is Thanksgiving so I've been up since the crack of dawn cooking. Well maybe not the crack of dawn but pretty early. Good for you getting in your exercise. If it's hot there now morning exercise makes even more sense. Will post later today after my company has gone. Take care. Where is everyone else????
Jo
Old 11-26-2004, 06:14 AM   #74  
Beauty is within...

I’d love to know how everyone is going as well. Although it’s not surprising Chris can’t get in very often – babies are rather time consuming aren’t they???

I’m VERY glad to be exercising in the morning considering the heat. Mind you, it only got down to 26 degrees last night, which would normally be a nice warm spring day!!!! Suffice it to say I was feeling rather WARM as I peddled along on my bike in my bedroom. RATHER glad to be sitting down with an icy drink after!!

Just to give you an idea of how hot it was today, it got up to 37.00 degrees Celcuis, which is 98.60 degrees Farenheit – and we’ve got a whole week of it!!!

Hope everyone's had a good thanksgiving - it's sort of a lead up to christmas isn't it?

I'm off to watch Notting Hill which is on TV - love Hugh Grant!

Have a good weekend - I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow, so won't get a chance to post until Sunday, SO BE GOOD!!!

Nighty night!
Lynne
Old 11-26-2004, 11:03 AM   #75  

Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, but you would not BELIEVE what we have been going through here. I will try to give you the short story....

You all know that we have been treating Brooks for Acid Reflux for the past 3 weeks. Well it has been getting progressively worse and he was projectile vomitting everything he ate. I mean we were changeing him and ourselves 2-3 times everytime he ate which was every 3-4 hours. It was HORRIBLE!!!! Well on monday I demanded tests be run and we found out that he didnt have reflux afterall. Instead he had a condition called Pyloric Stenosis. It is a condition that effects 1 out of every 1000 babies and while it can effect female babies it is most common in the first born male. The only course of treatment is surgery. So they transported us by ambulance Monday evening to a childrens hospital about 2 hours away and on Tuesday morning they did the surgery. The results were immediate. He has only projectiled a few times since the surgery which the doctors said was normal for a week or so.
We came home Wednesday evening and I mean to tell you this baby is a completely different child!!!!

Anyway, that is my story. I have to scoot now....I hope you are all well!!!!

I'll be back soon!
wannabeloser is offline   Reply With Quote