Old 07-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!

Was putting away laundry so I stopped in again since I was in here! LOL

Leigh, I don't know if bottom round steak is lean or not. Did it have much fat on it?? If there isn't much fat I would call it lean, but I'd really have to see it to know for sure. I bought some bottom round steak awhile back and just counted it as regular beef. So I'm not sure. Sorry! And I've never heard of those bagels. Did you buy them?

Di, I'm so sorry your boys are giving you a rough time. If they get really out of hand maybe you could put them in their room for a few minutes while you decompress. Go to a part of the house where you won't hear them screaming for you. You need a break! But it's great you are not letting the stress of it all drive you into the kitchen! That is a great non-scale victory!! Sometimes kids get out of hand when they are bored, maybe you can read to them or find them something that might entertain them, a favorite video maybe? or to go play outside for awhile? ((((HUGS!!)))) bedtime will be here before you know it! LOL

ok, guess I'll find something else to do now. I'm trying to stay busy until 12 pm... it's been working so far. Maybe I'll go sweep the kitchen now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #17  

ok, one last post, I promise too! LOL... I was looking at my weight loss journal and realized I took my measurements last month on the 1st and today is the 1st soooo I re-took them! Want me to post them??
ok! lol, not sure if I took all of them right because I went up on some of them, but I'll let you all be the judges.

June 1st measurement:

hips- 38 1/2 in
waist- 36 1/4 in
thighs (I did each one seperately) L-20 1/2 in R- 20 1/2 in
bust-35 in
ribs- 33 in
biceps- L- 11 in R- 11 1/2 in

ok, now for July 1st
Hips- 38 in (1/2 in lost!)
waist- 34 in ( 2 1/4 in lost! I knew my pants were getting baggy!)
thighs- stayed the same
bust- 34 (lost 1 in)
ribs- 31in (lost 2 in!)
biceps: L-11 1/2 (gained 1/2 in??) and R- 11 1/2 in (stayed the same)

so I guess I lost 5 1/4 inches in one month?? A loss is a loss! LOL. ok, now I feel weired about posting that... gotta go!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Spryng Don't feel dumb - inches gone are inches gone! on the loss

The beef is sliced very thin and has no fat. The reason I'm confused is my WW food companion says "Beef, lean (round or loin cuts with all visible fat trimmed 2 oz = 3 points." It is round cut with no fat . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #19  

Then I would count that as lean beef Leigh. Sounds healthy to me!
I went to this site: http://www.mybodycomp.com/ and put in all my measurements and it told me how many cals I need per day, how many cals my body uses at rest, etc and it also told me my fat composition... it said I had 40 lbs of fat on me and my waist to hip ratio was .83 and .80 or less on a woman is considered safe. So I'm over that. I have 87 lbs of lean body mass and my body fat percentage is 31.81% which is really high, a healthy woman averages 23% body fat. So there is such a thing as a fat thin person. I'm living proof. So now that I have something concrete to compare things to I know I need to work a whole lot harder than I have on my lean muscle tissue. My weight isn't really an issue with me it's just my fat percentage is too much so I need to work on that. Anyway, it's a neat site if any of you are interested. Thought I'd share my findings! LOL TTYL!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:46 PM   #20  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok Ladies....

Ya'll have got to slow down.... LOL I crashed last night and ran errands today and now I can't keep up!!!!!

If only posts would burn calories......... LOL

Ok Where's Geri today??? I love your flower garden! Beautiful!!!

Spryng,
Congrats on the inches lost! I know what you mean about the exercise. I need to get my butt in gear also! Ok I am dying to hear the weigh in report tomorrow!

Leigh,
Girl! A book club! How do you do have time for all that? I would love to do a book club! I think your weigh in's are doing great!

Michelle,
How are you doing today? I know you are sneaking at that scale.... LOL

Crystal,
Let us know how the dr's appt goes!

Melinda,
Have fun this weekend with all the family. JW will get plenty of love this weekend. Let us know how the mealplan goes.

Ricci,
Hope your mouth feels better soon.

Cindi,
Congrats on the scale. Hope your day is going ok. Did you get the poop cleaned up?

Di,
Sorry the boys are giving you a ruff time. I hope they take it easy on you soon.

Ginny,
Congrats on the loss

Nikki,
How is your day going?

Hi Jayme.

Not much here. Hunter got swimmer's ear at the cabin and he has been sick with it since. So I gotta go tend to him. He's doing fine though.

Talk to you later Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
There is No was that I am going to keep up with all these posts........hope everyone is having a great day. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Di so sorry to hear that your boys are being outta control, sounds like my 2 yo!! she is in the temper tantrum phase as well...grrr hang in there girly!!

Spryng I know you are going to make all your goals reality, keep up the hard work girl!!

Geri I loved your flower garden too!! I want to start one but I don't know too much about flowers and such.

Ginny lol we are a hoppin thread but I'm so glad we get to hear from you more often now!!

Cindi how are the kiddos? you?

Ricci How are you? kids? Any bike rides lately?

Penny sorry to hear hunter got swimmers ear! poor guy!!

Leigh I would count that as lean meat definately! Sounds yummy!

So we had a prob with our pool, kinda, I called the pool store and asked them how to maintain the water and he said 1/4 cup of chlorine per day. So I was doing that and the water just kept getting cloudier and cloudier, I called back and asked if maybe there was too much chlorine and he says no, that there was probably too little. So any way I buy a pool vac and net and ph strips, and I tested the water omg the ph and chlorine and bromine and alkalinity were all too high. I knew there was too much, so we drained the pool all but a few inches and added new water and 1/4 cup of chlorine and now we'll just test every 2 days and add the chlorine then, I think he assumed that the pool was being used more than it actually was. Glad we got it straightened out though.

Well I'm gonna take a nap before I go in to work.
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #23  
Walking away the weight

Wow - I leave the thread for a few minutes and look what happens I just had a one point snack and am now having coffee. I usually don't drink more than one cup a day, but since dinner will be slightly higher in points than usual, I need something to curb my appetite until then

Penny- if being on message boards burned calories - I would be so skinny that I'd need to gain Glad Hunter's not letting the swimmer's ear get him down - but a speedy recovery to him nonetheless! I really don't have time to read, but I squeeze in five minutes here and there while Liam is playing - I sit on the floor next to him and get some reading in

Spryng- that site looks interesting! I take it you put in your measurements? I'll have to check that out.

Hi to you, too, Ginny!

Michelle- glad the pool thing was straightened out. I know nothing about pool care, but it sounds like you have a good plan.

Hee hee - I just tried to put some of Liam's finger food puffs on the floor for him to pick up and eat, but the dog came racing over and ate them in one fell swoop Guess that's a bad idea TTYL.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #24  

Hi again! Just a quick post before dinner.

Leigh, how many pts is that jerk beef? Yes I did put all my measurements in (they even have you measure your neck!LOL) the results was interesting to say the least. Now it just makes me want to workout more,

Michelle, my MIL did that not too long ago with too much chlorine, they were leaving for a weekend so they bought one of those automatic dispensers and it failed and let it all into the pool at once and it was very cloudy and milky looking. They were told just to stay out of it for a few days and leave the tarp off and let some rainwater in and it would clear up on it's own, and it did in about 2 days (we had lots of rain though)

Ginny, sorry the thread is going so fast today. But I'm glad you checked in!! How is your day going?

Penny, what exactly is swimmer's ear? is it an ear infection? I hope it clears up soon!

ok, I can smell dinner so it must be almost done. I won't be back on until after the kids go down tonight so TTYL!
Old 07-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #25  

Hey everyone, I am new to this web site. So far, from what I see, I like it. I am a 30 Year Old mother of 2. Abigail 4, and Patrick 21m. I am finding it VERY difficult finding time to do exercise. I tried getting up early and even earlier , but somehow they here me and are up too. Since the birth of Patrick almost 2 years ago, I haven't been able to have ANY will power at all. I get bored of dieting and exercising too. I really would love to have a buddy around here to walk or go to the gym with. Of course, other support, via internet is great too. Any one in Northern NJ-Bergen, Passaic county area. Pease let me know. I have to lose 65lbs

Thanks
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #26  
SAHM of 3

WELCOME MEL... I'm Crystal, 26 yo, sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, Andrew 19 mo and I'm due Feb. 1st. Glad you found us. Hope you stick around, this really is the best support system you'll ever need.

Okay Michelle, I know about checking and making sure things are safe, but I have a prob. telling my doc about herbal supplements. I KNOW that some are not safe so I do make total sure that they are while pregnant, but so many docs have problems with herbal things. My sister is pregnant and she takes the barley green, suggested by her midwife and that works for me. I didn't get any though, yet. I will hopefully tomorrow.

However, I have felt alot better today. But for the great news.... I'm 9 weeks, YEAH!!! We thought I was only 7 but today we got a great sono done with the picture of the baby and all and that told us I was 9 weeks. That means I've only got 3 weeks left in this dreadful trimester. I'm so excited about that. My due date is FEBRUARY 1st.

Well, that's all I've got time for. I've got to clean up the livingroom and find something for dinner. Spryng, those measurements and losses sound great. Be proud of yourself.

I'll try to check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #27  

Welcome melmcc99! I am spryng! I don't live anywhere near you but I know what you mean about needing someone to work out with and all that. I get all my support here with these women, how about you give us a try?? Exercise is hard when you have little ones. I have 3 kids, ages 4,3, and 1 yo. I either try to workout when they are napping or at bedtime. I can't do the early morning thing... my body refuses, lol. What diet are you on and what are your stats? I would love to get to know you better.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #28  
*♥* Nikki *♥*

Morning all. It's 8:30am here and I haven't started eating yet lol. I did ok yesterday, until late afternoon. It's always my weakest moment. I do dinner for the kids and I start to pick. My hubby says I'm a grazer. OMG I'm a cow!!

Ok I'm over it.

I'm itchy today. Just thought I'd share. lol...It's driving me insane. I think it's some kind of allergy. At least I hope it is, otherwise it means I have fleas

Taking the kids to see Spiderman 2 tonight. I'm so excited. Ok, so I'm not really, but I won't tell them that. I was excited for Harry Potter, and I was excited for Shrek...but even the thought of Toby in tights can't get me excited about Spiderman. Maybe we'll get Subway for dinner on the way. Now that's exciting!!

Spryng, I had to giggle when I read ur post about being thinner than the rest of the family...I thought I was the only one who thought like that. Not that I'll ever be thinner than my family...half of them r anorexic. But it always amused me when I did lose my weight that they would get all huffy when I could fit into their clothes. I think some of them r happy I've gained my weight back.

It makes it difficult to feel good about urself when ur surrounded by 90lb women who all ***** about how fat they r. I feel like well...if they think they're fat, what does that make me???

I'm glad I have such a supportive hubby. I was over 200lbs when we met, and he thought I was gorgeous then. His only concern is that I'm gonna get too thin. No fear of that lol. I aim for about 140. I'm only 5'3 tall, so I definitely won't be a string bean. I'm happy at that weight tho. I like having a butt.

Spose I better go have breakfast.

Hope u all r having a terrific evening.

mwaaaahhhhhh

Nikki
IPQ75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #29  
**Kristin**

Smile Another new girl

Hey gals - I am new to this site and love it so far! I was browsing the web after a failed trip to the depratment store to find a dress for a wedding in 2 weeks. I have been dreading the trip and now that it is over I felt even worse, so I started to look for inspiration in the fridge. . .lol! Didn't find it there and thought that maybe I could find something online! Looks like I have, if you will have me! haha! My name is Kristin and I am a SAHM of a beautiful 2 1/2 year old little girl, Sydney. We want to have more, I would like to be more healthy before getting pregnant again. I started at a size 4 before my daughter and was back in a 4 after she was born, then after about 4 months I was gaining weight and went from a 4 to a 12-14. I am about 5'5", and now weight nearly 180 lbs. My biggest Issue is time management, I need to make time to exercise! Hope I haven't rambled on too much! You all sound like great moms, I look forward to getting to know you !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Wow - so many new faces That's good. The more, the merrier

Dinner was very very good! I'll be making that again. I weighed my meat and it was only 2 oz, so now I have some extra points. Hmm . . . guess I'll have to have that WW Mississippi Mud Pie for dessert I love that one.

Spryng - the way she had the recipie, it calls for a fatter cut of meat, since I used a leaner one, I figured the meat alone is 3 points, sweet corn on the cob 3 points, and then I threw in two more points for the seasoning, so it all came to 8 points. How was your dinner?

Mel and Kristin - hi! What is your first name, Mel? Mine is Leigh. I'm the mother of one 8-month-old named Liam. I've been married to a great DH for 2 years now. It's great to meet you both and I know you'll find the support you need! I'm in the process of losing my pregnancy weight.

Crystal - congrats on being 9 weeks! Hooray!!

Nikki - hey - we have the same goal weight, then Your Dh sounds like a gem. Don't get too hung up on your family - I think people like that focus mostly on themselves, so they probably don't think badly about you.

Okay, gals - not sure if I'll post again tonight, so if I don't - have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow!