Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #31  

Hello All -

I'm getting a late start posting today. My folks had the big party yesterday. Some how I ended up having to mow the lawn, clean tables, chair and sweep (it was outside), cook the food, decorate the cakes, serve, and clean-up. Not sure HOW that happened lol. I was tried last night. Anyway, I had planned on eating from the normally off-limits food choices and did. I didn't do too badly, but I could of done better. I'll give myself 3 points for yesterday and a pat on the back lol. Back on-plan today.

Faye - My advice..make your husband his dying wish you'd be amazed what you might just get in return lol lol.

Julie - Hope the back feels better soon.

Not much else going on here for now. I ran into a door in the dark last night and hurt my hand and it hurts to type so I'm going to go for now.

Hope everyone else is good.

Beth
Day 38 on-plan
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:53 PM   #32  

Hi All,
well I'm UP 4.5 pounds. Hmpf...and I don't seem to be making a lot of progess this week either. Moving back to my college town for the summer should do me some good. I'm moving wednesday. Hope you all are well

Beth - I noticed what you chose for the poll was almost EXACTLY what I would pick!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #33  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Julie, take care of yourself

Faye, "give dh a full bj before my last breath" when I read that yesterday I thought I must surely be wrong but it was the first thing that came to mind shows you what kind of mind i've got THATS HILARIOUS!

Not done much today apart from bake ( and i really don't need fresh cream cake do I? ) put the washer on and come online its gorgeous too so i'm gonna hit the garden, repot some plants and fence in some plants properly that the deer are itching to get at
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #34  

WEEKEND POINTS ALL AROUND:

Beth
Carri
Bonni
Faye
Jaymi

I was looking at your posts and wondering how I could encourage those of you who like me had gotten sloppy here and there about being serious and here is what I discovered about myself in the last couple weeks when I really wanted to get permanently back on track. They say to set goals and to set them to look forward to something and that is true, but for me looking back is more important. I mean, do I want to be 400, 410, 420 again NEVER and I never will. One of the things that is now spurring me on is my GOOD doctor's report about my cholesterol. I fixed my dh homemade yeast cinnamon rolls over the weekend sparing no butter etc except for the fact I don't have full fat butter and stuff like that in the house any longer. I have had several including yesterday when I had 2 for breakfast. BUT... When I went over to the pool yesterday I kept telling myself out loud as I was swimming, you need to work off the rolls, need to work off the rolls. I know that I really want to get below 300 and soon and it is within my grasp and I also know that my body has again adapted to a set way of eating and I am doing a lot better about those times of day when my body tries to get me to eat, namely after dinner. I have consistently resisted for several days going back downstairs for any kind of snack and my body is adjusting to it too. With all that being said, I just want you to know that if you can work to get your body in the proper "dieting" rhythm with breaking the cycle of eating during those times when you know you are not hungry, etc. and when you get into this rhythm it does get much much easier to stay with it. Keep up the good work girls, I am very proud of you!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #35  

TUESDAY: today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is carbs. Oooh do you think that is an ugly word, it isn't. Even now medical journals are taking the high road about carbs. Even eating regular carbs is NOT a bad thing, but remember, carbs are digested into sugars and sugars not used are stored as fat. So this week instead of zapping all your carbs or the opposite carb loading, just try and balance your carns.

later lovelies.

Faye
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #36  

Morning Ladies!
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #37  
It is what it is...

Morning All -

Faye - It is so hard not to late night snack ( well late being like 8:00 or after for me ), that is why I always try to save some points for around that time so that I can have something, or in most of your cases save some calories for then. It is hard to break that cycle and even though I am doing really well staying OP I still struggle with it too. Some days are better than others but on the days that I am having a hard time I keep remembering where I was
( like you said ) - and that was 246 - and now at 195 I feel soooooooo much better about myself...so that gets me through my moments of weakness and sometimes starvation ( just kidding )

Julie - I take it from your short post that your back is still hurting pretty bad, how did class go last night? Take some Aleve and get one of those heating wraps that you wrap around your back, I forget who makes them but when you open the package it activates it, it is not electrical, they are wonderful...
hope you feel better soon.

Cathy - Fresh Cream Cake? Okay that got my mouth watering

Susan - Dont get down about the weight just do something about it, 4.5 pounds can come off easily if you try, especially at your age..good luck!!!

Beth - Sounds like you had fun at your parents party...hope your hand feels better soon...

I got 3 points yesterday, going for a 4 pointer today...

Everybody have a good day, talk later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #38  
2006 - Panda Remix

Afternoon ladies!

I got 4 points yesterday - I did some housework which was a bit of a workout, so I was going to count that as my exercise, but once i had rested for a little bit, I decied to go on the exercise bike. So I did 30 mins on level 3 which was hard work - especially as I'd not exercised for 5 days.

FAYE - I look forward to the day when I can look back and say, 'I never want to be 258lb again' - this is the biggest I have ever been in my life and it does not feel good. Well actually, the biggest I have been is 259lb, so I guess I can say 'I don't ever want to be 259lb again'!

SUSAN - Sorry about the gain. It won't take you long to get that off again - so don't let it put you off track.

CAT - The cream cakes of the world are conspiring against me! Yesterday was my first day of my 'fresh start' and I did really well, then at midnight Nigel suddenly says 'I've got such a craving for a big cream cake' - I LOVE cream cakes, but NEVER buy them - but now I can't get the things out of my head! And now you too! have you had any yet? Perhaps hearing of your enjoyment will help me get over them - mind over matter!

We had some bad news yesterday - Nigel's uncle in Ireland, Mattie, has a brain tumour and is going to die. I had the pleasure of meeting him 2 years ago and loved him instantly - he is a real rural farming Irishman with a heart of gold. We are sad that we know we will not get to see him again - and it is especially hard for Nigel, so soon after losing his mum. Nigel's mum adopted him when she was 50 years old - hence all his family are in their 80's now, so he is losing alot of them and he is only 34 and an orphan already. It makes me appreciate my family alot more.

Take care all,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:45 PM   #39  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Chickadees!!

I dont usually have the munchies this early, but I am STARVING!!!... I've already ate about 3 cups of dry cereal! And I guess I've messed up already for "TARGET TUESDAY" because Im eating some beef-stew with rice, potatoes and carrots. I don't have any choice today, it's eat or starve! We are soo totally broke! I cooked that yesterday and I have to eat it. Today I plan on cooking something healthier. Anyone know of a website that calculates the calories in the food you prepare?!? I'm having **** trying to figure out how many calories are in this stew!! Since servings are different on different calories... it drives me nuts!! Counting calories is hard, when you cant count everything you eat!!! Well anyways, I got 4 pts for yesterday. I didnt get to go play tennis, but we went to the pool for about 2 hrs. This darned rash on my neck won't go away!!! Anyways it's not Wednesday yet!! I'm going to jot down my daily goals and what not:

Done Already

60 - minutes ~ Denise Austin
Food so far ~ 3 cups of dry cereal - 340
~*~*~*~*~*~Beef Stew - no earthly idea!

Water ~ 24 oz
Steps ~ 3812

Things to do

Exercise additional 60 min on legs, thighs, and butt

Pray

Cook something healthy

Try not to kill anyone!!!

Housework, and more housework

Don't be overcome by the munchies!!

Get in 10,000 steps

Well thats enough for me today. I'm PMSing big time!! No wonder I was sooo grouchy yesterday, and crying this morning, and why I'm suddenly sooo hungry! That's all I need! Oh well, just means I gotta work harder. Well my day is running short of course. So quick comments for the and gotta run!!!

Amanda ~ I'm about Nigel!!! That is heartbreaking!! Give him my condolences. Good job on your pts! That is great!! You have been Pmsing 4-EVER!! It must be contagious!!

Carri ~ Congrats on your 3 pts! Hope you have a great day!

Julie ~ Sorry about your back! Hope you feel better!

Faye, Beth, Bonni, Cathy, Susin ~ Sorry If I Missed you, but know that I am here, and I do care!

Well, I’m off to try and do something! My head aches and I am hungry!!! I think I am going to pop open that jar of pickels! No calories!! But I gotta sweat out that sodium! Well anyway I hate TOM!!!!

KILL TOM!!!

Sorry.....I'm losing my mind!! Anyways really gotta go now!

My luv to you all!!!
Jaymi

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 06-29-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #40  

Ok, let's try this again!

The last post from me was just a brain fart......I hit the send button by accident and then I had to get to a dentist appt. and didn't have time to fix it. So, sorry for the confusion.

Anyway........my back problem was NOT just muscle soreness and inflamation. I actually have a dislocated rib. Which is what I expected, because the usual ice/heat/rest/ ibuprophen thing wasn't working at all. So, I got to see a chiropractor for the first time.....not too fun, but not terrible either. And they have reasonable fees. Yesterday's appt. was $55. No x-rays. I was fearing a bill more like a couple hundred dollars. Which it probably would have been if I did have insurance for it.

So, today I feel much better, though there is still a twinge. THe doc did some spinal adjustments and put some electrical current thingies on my back for a while to disrupt the spasms. THat felt really good! Like a massage. I have to go back tomorrow, but I hope that will be the end of it.

So yesterday I got 2 points for op....not enough water and no exercise (duh). I did go to class, and it wasn't too bad. I couldn't do much, but everyone was very understanding and I just taught without demonstrating. Took some Tylenol pm when I got home so I could FINALLY get some sleep.

I'm gonna try to go to aerobics tomorrow and just take it easy with the twisting, etc. I think that the twisting sit-ups are what made my back hurt....that'll teach me! Never doing sit-ups again!!

Amanda--so sorry to hear about Nigel's family. Resist the creme cakes, you'll be glad you did.

Faye--YOu're doing great! Keep it up

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Later babes,
Julie
Old 06-29-2004, 02:00 PM   #41  

POINTS FOR TODAY:

Faye
Amanda
Jaymi
Carri
Julie
Bonni

Julie: Glad you got your back fixed. Hope you are totally better soon.

Jaymi: It is extremely hard to stay away from carbs if you are on kind of a fixed food budget kind of thing. Do the best you can with what you have. I lived the paycheck to paycheck life for years and years when Jack was in the Navy and I know it is very hard to try and make ends meet. As far as calorie counting http://www.caloriescount.org/ and type in each thing that would be in your stew for example and it will give you info you need on that thing and you would just estimate and add them all together.

The pool is closed until Saturday as some dumb*** threw one of the tables in the pool so the health department has to come out. I had to walk today, which I am really not supposed to do, but I did it anyway and it was miserable. I couldn't go very fast, it is hot and extremely humid, but I got in about a mile and a half and gave up. Something is better than nothing!

Have a great afternoon ladies.

faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-29-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:47 PM   #42  
Nefertiti

Morning Ladies!

Well morning on the west coast still.

Jaymi: no worries, I haven't had a lot of time to respond to you gals lately, and I feel badly because I just started here, so i want to give as much encouragement and support back as what I've been given. So just know I think about you guys too, even if I don't mention everyone each post; its hard to do that sometimes with life in general gets hectic.

Julie: I'm so glad you've figured out your back aches; and I'm so happy for you that you're feeling better.

Amanda: I'm sorry to hear about Nigel's family. My bf is in the same situation, so I completely understand, it can be so hard. My bf is 37 and lost his mother last year, and his father isn't doing so well. He's getting older, as well as the other members of his family, who are all in their 80's and 90's. Hugs to you both ((hugs))

Ok, so yesterday went wonderfully - totally back on track. Idid a new strength training exercise I found on VH1's Rock Body webpage. It's a rock star workout. Which incorporated things I was already being told to do by my trainer, and it added a few things. So I went running last night. I only went for 25 minutes, but that was at a steady 11 minute pace, no stopping. I was impressed with myself. I think I could have gone an additional 5 minutes, but I was having clothes and cd issues, so after 10 minutes I was so frustrated I wanted to get off. So instead, I jumped rope for 5 minutes. Equal to 100 jumps. It was a great workout, I forgot how much fun it can be. Its definitely different than what I'm used. Throws a twist into my workouts, which I think I need to give me a little boost.

So anyway, my workout last night felt great, and the entire "rock star workout" took 1/2 hour for the weight lifting/squat/lunges/pushup part. Which I'm thrilled about, I thought it was going to extend my workout, but by combining exercises, like lunges that include bicep curls and shoulder presses, and squats that include triceps and chest presses, I was done in 1/2 hour. I am so scyked about that, it means I can do my workouts in an hour and a half maximum, get great results and do this every night, without injuring myself.

So anyway, great on water yesterday, and with staying on plan - so I'm giving myself a 4 pointer day for yesterday

My plans for tonight include another trip to the gym, this time my BF is coming with me. I'm going to bring my cd player, and try to get in 45 minutes of cardio. I want to run, but I think I'm going to do 15 minutes on the eliptical first, then hit the treadmill.

Has anyone done their cardio by doing 15 minutes on three different machines? I'm wondering what type of benefits I'd get from that on days when I'm feeling especially bored.

I typically watch my carb intake, I found recently that it helps tremendously not just with weight loss, but with my health in general. I tracked my carb intake, and realized I'm a true carb addict! Thanks for today's target, its a good one. I'm going to reevaluate, and focus on eating the healthy carbs this week.

I'm off to tackle the day. Happy Tuesday everyone!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #43  

Hello Everyone -

I had a good day. Worked out in the yard today. It was really nice here. I didn't want to be inside which is why I'm so late posting. I get 3 points for yesterday. I've been having a bunch of 3 point days lately, but today looks like it will be a 4 point one so I'm happy about that.

Julie - Glad your back is better. Hope you only have to go back one more time. They normally like you to go back and back and back.

Amanda - Sorry to hear the bad news. Losing family is never easy.

I have always had problems with being hungry at night and eating after dinner. It is really weird because since I have been in SC I eat dinner and then haven't once been tempted to eat again later. I haven't eaten after 7 pm once. I don't know why this has happened, but I'm sure not knocking it!

Well, that's about all for now. Take care all,

Beth
Day 39
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:50 AM   #44  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with today?
later ladies.

faye
Old 06-30-2004, 08:31 AM   #45  

Morning ladies!

4 points for me yesterday! Woo hoo.......I came so close to blowing off the exercise, using my back as an excuse, but I really wanted to get a 4 point day so I went for a walk with my daughter. Yay for me!

Going to aerobics in a few minutes......will be VERY VERY careful with my back. But even if all I do is walk around alot, it will be something. And it will be reinforcing the aerobics 3 times a week habit I want to have for the summer.

Woes for today.........WAAAHHHHH, I weighed myself this morning and I'm still hovering around 205-206. I've been sitting at the same place since like MARCH!!!! It doesn't seem to matter if I'm good or bad, everything just stays the same. Cutting the dairy and (most) wheat helped my tummy problems alot, but didn't seem to do much for me weight wise. Now I am just coming off my weekend of binging with my dad......and I think alot of this is from high sodium snacks. BUT STILL! It's been MONTHS since I saw a "real" loss. It's almost like I keep sabotaging myself because subconsciously I don't WANT to get below 200.....or I think I CAN"T or something. I don't know. But I'm really fed up and frustrated.

It doesn't help that I'm totally bored with my life. I"m a SAHM and the kids just don't need me as much as they used to, but I can't just leave them here and go get a job. So, I spend waaayy too much time on the computer just killing time. Sometimes I wonder how I remember to keep breathing, I'm so bored.

Guess I just have to keep on going......can't/won't go back.....at least I know I'm REALLY good at maintenance! Ok, whine over.

Well, it's time to get to class. As I was sitting here, I decided not to go, then to go, then not to go......so now I"m gonna go, before I change my mind again!

Later babes,
Julie