View Poll Results: Which Do You Wear Most Often?
Jeans 6 46.15%
Dress Pants 3 23.08%
Casual Pants 2 15.38%
Stretch Pants 1 7.69%
Skirts 0 0%
Dresses 1 7.69%
Shorts 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #16  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies...

Our school secretary's husband was taken to the hospital on Sunday evening because he was having trouble breathing. It turned out his kidneys were failing and the fluid was accumulating in his lungs. He went overnight from a regular life to having dialysis 3x per week and getting put on the transplant list for a kidney. I'm sure our secretary would appreciate your prayers.

Jennelle
Old 04-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #17  

Howdy Ladies

What a day at work!! I sent home 16 kids with head lice & one that needed stitches from a sharp edge on his classroom locker door! It's been crazy all day and my work is piled high on my desk! Maybe tomorrow will be better!

It was 72 here today and will be in the high 70's tomorrow! What wonderful weather!!

Jennelle,
I will add your secretary's husband in my prayers. Thanks for telling us about him. Goes to prove that we should never take life for granted.I know their lives will change so much now but hopefully they will be strong to get through it.

Debbie,
My poor Debbie! What are we going to do with you! I couldn't believe it when you said you fell again! I guess you'll be getting an early Christmas gift....bumper pads! Take care of yourself girl!! WTG on another pound! A total of 15!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Lookin' forward to seeing you Saturday!

Gayle,
I know how tired you must of been when you got done mowing!! I too use a PUSH MOWER and it takes forever! It's hard work indeed! Try to have "Gayle" time while Steve is away and stay busy so you won't miss him as much. I bet you are one wild woman when he comes home!

Ramona,
I'm so sorry that you're going through this with your Mom. It's got to be so hard! I don't know how I would have answered my Mom if she would have said what yours did. Continue to show her your love and take one day at a time. I'll be praying for her & you! Please take care sweetie and give us an update on her.

Carol,
I'm so happy you're back! You sound like the ole Carol now! Glad that your hormones are straighten out. Take one day at a time on being OP. I know you can do it because you've done it before! If you mess up, that's ok! Just get right back to OP the next day! It makes you feel so good when people start to notice that you're getting smaller. I even had a few Parents comment on me today. Keep that in mind while staying OP! Like I said, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Shelley,
Yes!!!! School is hectic!! Right now I'm spraying my hair good with hair spray and praying I don't get LICE!! So far, so good! I've been there 9 years and haven't got it yet!! When do ya'll get out? We get out May 20th!!!!!! I can't wait!! I'm on a 12 month salary now so I'm looking forward to laying around Debbie's pool all summer and getting paid!!!

Cheryl,
Did you read what I wrote on the exercise thread? You're rolling off the treadmill and I'm showing my boobs! We sure are a cute pair at the gym huh??? How's your feet today? Did you buy some new shoes?

Dee,
How do you feel today? I'm so sorry that you are hurting. Bless your heart! I know how hard it is for you to have to "take it easy." You're like me...on the go!! I'm going to try to get a phone card this weekend and call you since I don't have long distance on my phone. I'm so worried about you!!

DONI.....Where are you??????????!!!!!!!!

Vicki.......How's your Mom? Please post soon!!!

Tina.......WHERE ARE YOU??????????? Please post soon!!!!!

Gotta wash dishes...Talk Later!

BIG HUGS!!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Hi girls!!!!

Carol, your mom and dad are both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the new meds work for mom. I second what Sher just said, you sound like the old Carol again. It's hard to stay OP when there is so much going on in our lives, even if your not 100% OP, you still are working towards a goal.

Jennelle, prayers go out to the husband. One just never knows what life will bring. I guess it is true that we should all try to live life to the fullest every day. Let us know when you find out about your job.

Deb, CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! SUPER DUPER! See, all that going to "church" is paying off for ya! Thank you for the recipes! They sound yummy!

Shelley, oh Shelley?? Yoo-hoo!!!! Please post, whether it's good or bad news!!!

Cheryl, did you get my envelope of snow yet? :-)

Sherry, ya right! wild women...not! Last weekend we were WAY to busy trying to get everything done and Easter, then this weekend it's TOM for me!
Your head lice story gives me the heeby-jeebies!! Brings back WONDERFUL memories of someone coming into the shop with them! You would think they would know, wouldn't you? Usually you see a lice outbreak in the winter time passed on by clothing/coats being placed together. BTW: just read were muscle will retain fluid and expand when you first start doing a new exercise. Maybe this could explain the weight loss last week not being as much as you'd hoped for?

Ramona, how's mom today? I am thinking of you every day and praying for your family.

Vickster, how's your mom? Did she make it through the precedure ok?

Last night around 6:00 or so, a storm started to brew up, Steve called and as I was talking to him I heard a LOUD crash and instantly the electricity went off. I was on the cordless phone, we lost our connection and Steve had to call me back. After visiting with him awhile, I hung up the phone and looked outside. One of my heavy flower beds that I've had since last summer was across the street in the nieghbors yard! This thing has never budged through any Kansas wind! There were more signs of a possible small twister. When Steve called today I was telling him this and I think he thought I was crazy and making more out of it then I should. Tonight a lady two houses down came over and said we needed to go look in her back yard. A HUGE tree planted with concrete around it was up-rooted!!! I guess that was the noise I heard! Her back yard angles perfectly to the area of our yard where I noticed the hit. I'm thankful Allison wasn't outside yet on her swingset, this would of been in the same path. I just lOVE tornado season in Kansas!

I'm staying OP!!!!!! I am low carbing and doing really well the past few days. I have set a few mini goals for me that I hope to achieve in the next few weeks.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:22 AM   #19  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

That's one benefit of working in a school that's predominately African-American - no head lice! Lice don't like the oil products that African Americans use in their hair. I only have four white kids out of 36 students, so I figure I'm pretty safe.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:36 AM   #20  

Sherry-I've got a funny head lice story. Our clinic aide is supposedly a LPN (although you'd never know it! He comes to me to look at kids all the time!) I had to show him how to look for lice. Well, he went to the class, which was out at recess. He had the kids GO INTO THE SHADE to examine their heads and he proceeded to check predominatly the black kids. After I heard this, I told him that he did not have to worry about checking their heads because of all the products they use. BTW, how do you rate getting paid for 12 mos., but not working?? I have to work starting July 1 all the year through, once I start the 12 mos. plan. Our kids don't leave until May 27th, and then our school is having summer school also! I don't think that it will slow down at all!

Jennelle- I am so sorry for your secretary. It seems there is so much heartache and sorrow when you work in a school because there are so many people there working together.

Carol-The reason it is so hectic at school is because it is winding down for the year. Also, I am 1 of 2 in the office, and the other lady is wheelchair bound, so I have to take up the slack. She tries so hard, but there are some things that she just can't do. I will pray for your parents. My dad had colon cancer many years ago and has had a clean bill of health ever since (knock on wood.)

Gayle-Those Kansas twisters sound awfully scary! We had some bad winds and some trees down here the other day, but nothing like that.

To everyone else-Have a great OP day!
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #21  

Morning Gals,

Sorry wasn't around this first part of the week. I had a severe sinus blockage and sick in bed till late yesterday. Plus being upset b/c the nursing home screwed up Mom having the procedure done Monday and now has to have it this Monday. It is always something, at times seems nothing goes right for my Mom....So once again some prayers her way would be a big help....I just want her to have some peace for awhile.

Sher,Deb,Gayle,Shelley,Ramona,Jennelle, Cheryl, and Carol....Sorry not posting individually to each but please have a good day.

Thinking of you all ...

Hey thank goodness finally getting warm weather here.

Vicki
Old 04-16-2004, 10:01 AM   #22  

Lots of sad news on the board but there is lots of losses (weight loss) which calls for some celebrating! Lets pull out the crystal lite and clink our glasses for everyone.

Sherry you made me cry when you posted that you wish you could have my pain so that I didn't hurt. That is what I mean about how great of a friend you are. You would do anything for anyone if that means you are helping them and even if you get hurt in the process. I would love to hear from you this weekend if you get a chance. Too bad I won't be my happy go lucky bubble self. I am either in pain or stoned. So maybe I will be happy.

Gayle that was some storm. I don't like to be home alone when it is storming. We got some snow over night. YUCK! When you said you have a push mower is that the kind without a motor that you are talking about? Sherry yours too? Or just not a riding lawn mower?

Vicki I hope that you are feeling better today. I will be praying for your mom.

Shelley where are you? Please let us know how you are doing.

Jennelle that is so sad about the secretaries hubbie. I will pray for him.

I have to run my friends are here. If I have time today I will sinish posting.
Love you all.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Actually Dee, it is even self propelled, but I get more sympathy if I say it's a push mower!!! I do have to push it though compared to riding. It is quite a workout by the time I do our two large yards (one by a wheat field) and my moms front and back yard done. You sound a little better today?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:50 PM   #24  

Hi Ladies!

I have enjoyed reading all the posts. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have lurked a few times.

I am so worried about my mom. She is depressed. I hope it passes soon. I convinced her to talk to someone. I hope that helps. She is depressed about losing her brother at such a young age and is now questioning her own life. I hope this is somewhat normal after the death of a loved one. I am having a hard time not worrying about her all the time. I am trying to get it off my mind. (Thanks for letting me talk about this I haven't been able to tell anyone)

Janelle that is so sad about the lady you work withs husband. I guess we never know what curve life will throw us. I will pray for them.

Dee I hope you are feeling better soon. I will say a prayer for you.

Cheryl I loved your story about the treadmill. I have lost my balance on a couple of the machines at Curves and was to embaressed to look up and see if anyone noticed.

Sherry I can relate to the bathing suit story. When I take my kids to the pool I am always holding one of the kids. My youngest likes to hold on to my top or put his hand right down the middle of my cleavage (I know I can't believe I told that). My oldest reaches for me when he feels unstable and it never fails that he reaches for my top. Thankfully no one has ever noticed (I hope!)

Vickie I will pray that everthing goes well for your mom.

Carol I am a stress eater too. I am trying to at least make better choices about what I am eating. your parents are in my prayers.

Shelley and Sherry I remember the days of having head checks for lice and sometimes sending nearly a whole class home.

Shelley how is Ebay going? I have had a couple of nonpayers and a lot of no bid auctions. I notice a lot of my auctions are getting bids right at the last minute.

Strawberries will be here soon!! You ladies close by will have to make a trip to Portland. Our Strawberry festival is in May. We have a big parade and singing, carnival etc. It is lots of fun. My kids love the parade. They think if they give a big wave and a smile lots of candy will be tossed their way. usually it works.

Are any of you watching the Hockey playoffs or going to any of the games? My husband and I have watched them all. Our Predators played great at home but last night was terrible. But we are crossing our fingers that they will come thru in the end.

Gayle that sounds like a scary storm. Wow push mowing you really get a good workout. My hubby handles all the mowing

Congrats on all the pounds and inches lost. You all are doing great!

My husband has this idea that we are going to sell our house. He listed it (he is a realtor) last week and we have already had 3 people look at it. It is killing me keeping the house clean with the kids. They always want to play with the very toy I just put away. He has this plan to downsize and be debt free. I love where we live now a lot and don't want to move but being debt free would be great.

My cousin (the oldest son of the uncle that just died) is in the hospital. They are sure that he has had a heartattack. He is only 35!!! Please say a prayer for him.

Hope everyone is having a great day and have something fun planned for the weekend.

Sorry I did not post to everyone but I am thinking of you all.

Love
Tina
Old 04-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #25  
Losing it!

Tina, nice to see a message from you! I thought about you often! Prayers are sent for your cousin, I hope he has a speedy recovery.
I'm sorry your mom is fighting depression. Everyone deals with death differently and we all go through different steps of the grieving process differently. Know this is very normal for her right now. Did Hospice offer bereavement groups she could go to? If not, and if she wants to, I'm sure with just a phone call they would let her go, plus anyone else out of the family that wanted to attend. Our local hospice even holds a bereavement luncheon once a month for anyone that has lost a loved one, even if they never happened to be a Hospice client. Good luck on selling the house! Do you have another one spotted?

Ladies, please pray for a painting friend of mine from certification. Donna and I sat next to each other through the classes, she's a great lady with lots of talent and a sweet personality. I just received news, she suffered a stroke Easter morning. She is out of the hospital now, but I don't know anything else.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #26  
Losing it!

okay....I really hate to sound like a "ditz-brain" here, but I need help! How the heck do put the pounds lost chickie down by my signature instead of up by my user name? HELP!
Old 04-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #27  

Gayle,
It's really easy. Just click left on mouse, click save picture as, Then edit your signature and place the link where you want it. I have ftp so that's how I do my images. OR I can do it for you. Since I'm a moderator I can click edit on everyones and delete posts or edit them. I'll be happy to add yours if you want.

Back in a few to post.....
Old 04-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #28  
Carol

Gayle: Thank you. Now I don't feel so bad. I was trying to figure out how to put my 40 chick by my signature and I can't figure it out either.

Sherry... come out, come out, where ever you are and help!!!

I have a busy weekend, but will try to post something every day. Sounds like a lot of us need prayers right now, so I am saying tons of them for everyone. I want everyone feeling better, happy and healthy as soon as possible. My heart and prayers go out especially to those in the hospital, having surgeries or who has lost someone.

Great to see Vicki and Tina back posting. Missed you.

I will try to post more later, but have got to run for now.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #29  

Gayle & Carol (and anyone else),
Let me know what pound chick you want and I'll post it!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:04 PM   #30  
Carol

Sherry: Thank you. please post the 40 lb one for me.

BTW: My new avatar isn't a very clear pic, but it is me as of Christmas 2003
Closed Thread