Old 03-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #121  

Hey, better late than never right?

Yuck, boiled chicken. I don't think that would be to tasty. I have been trying to avoid those places. I can never stop myself from getting the worst thing on the menu. I am a sucker for fatty foods.

Not to much going on today although I can't seem to sit down in front of my computer long enough to get on the site. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I am at least moving around today.

Julie you are not talking to yourself I promise. I can't believe it is time to start a new thread tomorrow. Where did the month go?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:21 PM   #122  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls, I'm super busy as usual but wanted to stop in and pat myself on the back for actually going out and walking yesterday. I've been such a slacker!!! So I'm mighty happy that I got some exercise yesterday. I'm OP so far today (the first time in a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG TIME) and depending on whether or not it rains, I'm planning for a nice long walk this evening. I've been running around doing errands all morning and have been on the road for the most part. I've still got to submit my payroll so I've a bunch of office work to do...

Angie, happy belated birthday to Candi. You are such a good doggie mom I'm sure they love you for it. I don't know what to say about Brit...remember my god-awful niece? She's calmed down a bit but still sometimes I'd like to smack her myself the way she uses her mouth! I tell ya, kids nowadays, they have no respect! You show her who's boss and don't let her push you around.

Hey Julie, I hope this place gets hopping again too. I need you guys to keep me on track.

Hello to everyone, I gotta run! Catch ya later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:28 PM   #123  
so close, yet so far...

Default Message For Julie Or Other A.i. Watchers

So it's 2:25 pm here in Hawai...just itching to find out who gets booted off American Idol tonight... anybody on the East coast want to give me the 411?
Old 03-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #124  

Sorry Noelle I missed it tonight. I have a feeling it was going to be Camille? Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:46 AM   #125  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mornin! It is cloudy outside today but pretty warm(about 40) We have been getting in 3 miles everyday but not eating good at all. But I figure maybe by at least getting in the walks I can at least slow down the massive weight gain until I get my *** in gear.

Noelle, YEAH FOR YOU getting in your walk. It feels good huh?

I think I need to find some new things to make for suppers. We always seem to have the same things week after week. You can only do so much with chicken(but I love chicken) Kempy, I have Jay addicted to it with the creole seasoning. That is one of my favorite ways to eat it.

I'll check back in later to chat with ya all.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:36 PM   #126  

Good Afternoon Girls

Another beautiful day outsided today high of 44 degrees and sunny. I just wish I was feeling like the weather today. Feel kinda not myself, and TOM is not even due until Easter. Figures. Oh well hopefully it passes.

Noelle could you believe it? Did you hear Amy got voted off? I thought it would be the red head or Camille. Do you vote? I don't, I just usually watch for the enjoyment. I hope you are not pulling your pretty hair out at work!

Angie I am sick of having the same thing all the time here for supper too. I think I need to get out the tons of cookbooks I have and look through them. Your sure are doing great on your walking. I have not been eating the greatest either. I just don't know what to eat anymore. Is to high in fat, carbs, salt, sugar? Its just all so confusing. Blah, blah, blah......

Well Hi to everyone, Jacks where ya been? Come back. Kempy have a great day at school! Check back later.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #127  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I have tons of cookbooks too. I have been getting Tast of Home cookbooks for the past 6 years or so. (they come every month) so my cupboards are full of them. Maybe I will do the Light and Tasty books for everyone for Christmas gifts this year. Would you guys all like a subscription to those?

I cant believe how nice 40 degrees can feel It is so nice to be able to just hang outside.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #128  

Angie Wow, I get The Taste of Home Magazines every month too. Don't you just love them? I do, my Mom a year or so back bought me a hard cover Taste of Home Book which I believe it had some of the best recipes from the magazines. It is my favorite cookbook. My Step-Grandmother lives about two hours away and she get a magazine called Country Woman that has some recipes in it, and relaxing stories to read. Have you ever heard of it? I know you are a country gal . Can you believe we are so excited about 40 degrees and everyone else here probally has above 60? Funny huh...Check in later. Julie
Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #129  

Talking about cookbooks and making a good homemade meal, its PIZZA night !!!! (frozen pizza) Us country girls Angie. Even though I live in a city over 100,000 people, but dairland is considered all country . Btw I have Dr. Phil on he is so tan and looks like he lost weight. Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:11 PM   #130  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Wow Julie 100,000 people? I wouldnt know what to do with that many people. We only have 1500 people in my whole town and our next town is like 15 miles away and it is the same size. We are definately in hicksville.

I love the Taste of Home mags. There are so many good recipes in them. The Light and Tasty ones have some really good ones too. That is where I got the recipe for terriyaki chicken. YUM! I should make that again. I have heard of the Country Woman magazines too but I havent ever read one before.

Survivor is on tonight. I love that show.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #131  
so close, yet so far...

Default another ******ed neighbor/dog story

Hey girls, I'm here late but better late than never. It's the 1st of April and we need a new thread eh? Well, maybe tomorrow? It's another hectic day here but I'm OP and happy about it. And now for a little story...Yesterday was only my 2nd day back walking and I was about a minute away from my house when this big f@t guy w/out a shirt on comes out and says, "Excuse me, I want to tell you something". My stupid sister kept walking along with the dog but I figure I'd stop since there were so many people around that nothing could happen to me. He tells me, "Let me tell you something, everytime you walk your dog past my house all the dogs in the neighborhood make a big racket, it's getting really crazy. I want to let you know that I have 2 pitbulls in the back of the house and last week one of them broke loose, I just wanted you to know that. And when they bite your dogs neck, they won't let go. I don't think you should walk your dog over here since you guys make all the dogs go crazy. And a few days ago my little puppy fell off the roof when your dog walked by" (My sis was the one walking the dog 3 days ago and she saw it happen. She had to yell for someone to come out to tell them the dog fell off the roof and that they'd better take it to the vet). I was so P.O.'d that he'd even suggest I not walk on that street, I told him "This is a public street and it's not my problem that YOU cannot restrain your dogs". He goes on and on about how his dogs and the neighbors dogs make such a big commotion when we walk by with our dog. Oh excuse me, but maybe all the dogs in the neighborhood wouldn't be so darned neurotic if their owners actually took them out for a walk once in a while! When I got home I told my sister what happened and she said "I didn't hear him calling so I just kept walking" . That irked me even more! FIrst of all, it was only the second day I started walking around there again. Secondly, it's my sister's dog, Thirdly, she didn't even stop and I had to listen to all the BS from that stupid man. Arggggghhh!!!! OK I'm done b*tching about it now, I just really had to get that off my chest about how stupid some people can be.

Julie/Angie, my MIL subscribed to Taste of Home and since she passed away, her mags are coming to my house--that is a great magazine with some great recipes (even though I don't do much cooking ). We've got a beautiful sunny day today with a few clouds but I hear the rain is coming back again...it's still 70-80 degrees though...y'all should come and visit sometime, ya hear?

OK I wasn't so suprised that Amy Adams got voted off AI, but I was totally shocked when LaToya was in the bottom 3! I want her to go all the way. John Stevens looked like he was crying when her name got called, probably felt like it shoulda been him. Anyway, I'm an AI freak so I watch it all the time.

It's almost quitting time here and not a moment too soon--almost had to pull my hair out . See ya'll back here tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #132  

Good Evening everyone,

It finally cooled off tonight. Yesterday the high was 97 and it was pretty close to that today, but about 6pm the clouds started coming in pretty quick. Within an hour there was a sever thunderstorm warning out and it was raining. It happened so fast that by the time I got upstairs to close the windows, the carpet was already damp. Oh well. Right now it is about 70 and I'm loving it.

Tomorrow Ashley has to go to the lab to have some blood drawn for a blood sugar test. I'm thinking she has low blood sugar and that might explain her mood swings.

Intersession is over and now I truly have some vacation time. I don't go back to school until April 12.

Angie: I've never heard of Taste of Home mags. What kind of mags are they exactly? I think it's great that you're able to go out and walk. I really try, but I'm so exhausted every day and now it's getting sooooooo hot.

Julie: 100,000 people, huh? I have you beat. The Phoenix metro area has about 2-3 million people. Way too many. The traffic just gets worse and worse. The winter visitors will be going home soon; they usually leave by the end of April. It's really not too bad having them here. Many of the ones who actually like kids volunteer in the schools as helpers and tutors. I think it's great.

Noelle: If you sent some of this rain to us I sure thank you. It's so great. I'm sorry you had to listen to that guy. Good for you for what you told him. I think most barking dogs like that are screaming for some attention and exercise. It's awful that some people think that having a dog just means tying it up in the back yard and feeding it once a day.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote