Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #31  

Mom2Gaby- I missed you. Welcome. I'll go check out your bio.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:11 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies~

It is such an ugly day today and messy! I thought I would get to Wal-Mart and buy groceries before it started snowing, didn't make it. At least the roads weren't bad. We are supposed to get 4-11 inches of snow before this storm is over tomorrow. I did get some packing done yesterday. Got the hall closet cleaned out except for the coats, and the living room packed up except for my precious moments and angel collection. Save that for last as I don't want them to get broken.

Details about the house-it is just a small cozy house but it is new and it will be "ours" so I am very happy and excited! The main floor has the LR with fireplace, dining area, Kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and laundry room. The basement has 2 bedrooms, a bath and big family room. I don't know what else to say about it. It's new so we will have to build a fence and do landscaping soon. Can't have the dog tracking in dirt and mud. There is a big field behind us and I am hoping nothing is put back there, we don't think so but you never know. But it is a nice view from the deck. And I think the best thing is it is in a cul-de-sac so no traffic. It is going to be a little different living in the city after being in the country for a while. I love the country but I am so tired of the dirt road. Maybe when I get a little older and I am not running around as much we will move back to the country. Anyway, I will take some pictures of it and post them soon. We are supposed to go look at it today, DH wants to take some measurements and is getting anxious, more than me!

Kayecee~hope Vallory gets to feeling better soon. I wouldn't want the suppositories either, poor girl.

Jana~give those grandbabies a big hug and kiss from me. And pinch Caylin"s (?) cheeks for me! I love that picture of her-she is a cutie pie.

Marti~I too use the original photos. I have some scrapbooks that I used the plastic sleeves and some I haven't. The ones I have with the plastic sleeves came with the scrapbook. I love your hair the way it is-it looks good. I would love to have really short hair but with my face it doens't look good, and long hair while I like it (and miss it) it doesn't do much for my face either.

Shanna~I have had days like that before, although I must say I haven't shown my booty to the world. But I have had days where I was spilling things, dropping things, tripping etc. days I just want to crawl in bed and start the day over.

Hi Angie, Katie and Susan~hope you ladies are doing fine and having a good day.

Well, ladies this is getting long and I need to go get some laundry done. Hope EVERYONE is having a wonderful HUMP Day! See ya later
Old 02-04-2004, 07:52 PM   #33  

Default Hey Y'all!

Well, my poor little baby has strep throat! I almost fell over when our doctor said that! She hasn't complained about her throat ONCE! Angel (her name is Dr. Angela but Vallory calls her Angel ) says that she and Landon must have had a stomach virus on Sunday, it cleared up Monday, then her strep started yesterday. She said that a lot of kids will have the symptoms of a stomach virus with strep because of all the drainage from the tonsils. She was just unfortunate enough to catch both within just a few days. Vallory's little tummy has hurt her so bad, that Angel said she probably didn't know where to begin with all the ouchies. She wound up with a shot and another suppository. Bless her little heart, she feels sooooo crummy right now. It's funny that when you're little you never quite understand what mommy means when she says that she wishes it were her and not you when you're sick- then one day you have your own baby......

Cristi- Let's see... 5 bedrooms and 3 baths is small and cozy?!?!? Dang girl! Have you been living in Trump Towers or something?!? LOL That sounds HUGE! I bet you can't wait. It sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see the pics! Hey! This is the perfect time of the year to move in since it needs landscaping! By the time you get in and get settled, spring will be here! Have you got any ideas yet on what you're going to do with the yard? Oooooo..... and a deck! It all sounds soooo dreamy! I know you're excited!

Well, dang! Cristi's the only one who posted since I was on here earlier! Oh well, see all you chickies later!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

Jana--I had to laugh when I read your question. I have no idea why I would determine my hair length to my weight. When my face gets too round, then I don't think it looks so good with short hair, but when I lose weight, my face thins up a bit and the hair compliments me....if that makes any sense.
I plan on using my copies of pictures that I've taken. I still need to get my butt in gear and gather some up. Then pick and choose which ones I want to use. Ought to be fun...or depressing depending on which photos I find!!

Cristi--Your basement sound "HUGE"! That's got to be an nice addition!! You have got to post pictures...I'm so happy for you that you found a house. And as for landscaping....I have to do the same. My yard is a mess...and it doesn't have a fence all around yet so I'm constantly keeping my eye on the dogs when I take them out. Don't want them running out into the road! I'm like you, I use to live in the country for years....living in town is different. I'm not used to everything being so close. And it's not as quiet, but at least I live in a quiet neighborhood. AND.... I don't miss the the dirt road I traveled on everyday! My car was never clean! And tracking mud in the house with my shoes!!!! I don't think I'll ever miss that!

Kayecee--Strep throat!? Poor baby! How old is she? I hate it when my daughter gets sick. She used to get sick so much when she was a baby. I felt so horrible like I was a terrible mother! And the suppositories...I couldn't do it, I made her dad do it for me. Poor baby was soo sick she didn't even care. She had bronchitis (sp?) and an infection in her lungs one year, and you know what kind of contraption they put her in to take X-rays?? It was terrible. They stuck her in this bar like thing that snapped together, and her poor little legs were dangling down....I can't describe it but I didn't like it!

Well I finished my powerpoint...what a pain in the butt trying to find everything! My computer settings are different than the schools so it takes more time to find what they're asking for! But I managed to do it. I have felt absolutely worn out today! I came home and went right for the couch and took an hour nap! I hope I'm not coming down with anything. I've been eating lots of oranges and banana's. Fruit is just something that I'm wanting right now. And of coarse Chocolate milk....why.. I don't know...it just calls my name when I got to wal-mart!

Angie-Shanna-Susan-Katie----hope you all are doing good. Come back and let us hear from you. I know some of us have lives to live and can't just hang out at the computer like someone we know.......(oops--that would be me) but I figured I'd get on ya anyway!!

Ok ladies...I should probably go for now. I will chat later

Marti
Old 02-04-2004, 10:17 PM   #35  
kitty Momo

Default Thanks for the welcome

Hi,
Thanks so much for the welcome!

Secrets about Angie?? There are so many,,,,I don't know where I would begin. Just teasing. She is a nice person, I am just amazed at all she does and how truly talented she is, real happy to call her a friend.
Anyway, she can send me the check now for saying all those nice things.

I am from Portland, Oregon. I think Marti was asking me that? I live pretty close to the zoo((no, not IN the zoo)) and the downtown area.Was raised mainly in Beavercreek as a child, don't know if you are familiar with that town?? Right outside Oregon City......right by that Plaid Pantry....up the street from that yellow house. ..-lol- I did live on the coast in a place called Warrenton.It is right up from Seaside, outside of Ft. Stevens......across the bay from Astoria. Sorry, so goofy.

I am a divorced mother of 3 daughters. My youngest is Gabrielle, she is almost 2 years old. She keeps me really busy , so happy to have her in my life.

I did lose a lot of weight 4 years ago, about 110lbs.I kept it off until I became pregnant with Gaby.I kind of keep putting it off, trying to lose the weight that is. Hope to get some "kick in the butt" here.
I am going to buy myself a treadmill, love to walk. I hope to do that in the next week or so.

Mainly though I am a single parent, I work in property management. I have been divorced for a while now, don't really date.
Though there is a man that I have been chatting with for 9 months n Arkansas, hope to meet him soon.
Curious where Kayecee lives in Arkansas?? You can go and spy on him for me.....see if he is married or some internet horror story like that -lol-
Anyway, he is in Fayetteville.....

I work in the evenings so I better get busy.Just taking some time to learn all your names and who you are. Seem like a group of fun ladies, glad to be here and hope to chat more later

Take Care ,
Susan
mom2gaby
Old 02-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good to see you Susan!
We have known each other for 4 years...geesh doesn't seem that long. I even got to visit with Susan, met her 2 older daughters and toured her home area. We met throu a Richard Simon's support group like this one. There was 4 of us who became close...Susan, Dude, Brian and myself. Dude was diagnosed with cancer,,,and well we didn't really hear from him again,,,he was in California, Brian,,,this makes me sad, Brian died 2 yrs this March..asthma attack. He had lost so much weight,,,was like our own personal cheerleader. He was hilarious and would call at like midnight to talk... and I would be laughing so hard,,,, he was like that. So that left Susan and I. But thankfully I found Jana who invited me in here. And now Susan has joined us.

Kaycee,,,poor Vallory... would a popcicle help? Brandon,,,yes my big strapping boy had strep throat last year in April,,he was to enter into a paintball tourny and was so sick he ummm puked all night,,,he couldn't play. I went and picked him up, he was pretty sick...fever and all.
Just finished doing Tanners hair...very blue, as in brand new jeans color. It will fade,,,and in about 6 weeks it will look green....

I had one of those horrible work days that had me calling on another co worker from my store. I didn't cry on her shoulder like I did on Monday...(this is Wed isn't it?) so out of 3 days Ive cried,,,gritted my teeth (till they hurt) and imagined what my resignation would look like. I called my manager...and begged to come back to our store,,,even jokingly said Id be a good girl if I could come home. She said to tough it out and write down eveything thats happening...hmmmm Does she want me to discribe how I felt when being told I wasn't very good? That I was too slow... thats what was said to me today. That was a first for me.
Looking in the paper for another job,,,4 possibilities.

I know working there is hard on my body,,,,mental and physical. When Im sick I don't eat...and since Ive been sick alot since Nov Ive lost over 15 lbs. But when Im stressed I eat....I probably gained it all back in the 3 days. I can't stop thinking about food...

Well I need to get to bed...its the farthest room from the fridge...lol
Angie
Old 02-05-2004, 08:32 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Kayecee - aww, I hope Vallory is feeling better. It's so hard on the little ones! The twins are just now able to tell Mary "boo-boo" and then pull at their ears or whatever hurts. Btw, yes, I have Windows XP... I have noticed that this happens at times that I chose to hibernate rather than close down the computer.

Cristi - wow!! Your house sounds great! I had a fireplace at the house we sold in town, and miss it soooo much. If I could, I'd come help you pack. Post pics soon, okay? I can't tell you how happy I am for you!! Be sure and give us the new addy, okay?

Marti - yes, I do know what you mean about the hair! Really short hair does make a full face look chubby! You are really doing well with the Powerpoint. That has to make you feel good.

Susan - so glad to see you here! I used to be a single parent and know how hard it is. I had to work 2 jobs at times to make ends meet. And there is a scarcity of good men available. I got really, really luck when we married Neal. He is a sweetie, and just took on my kids as his own, then we had Katie together. Hope your BF in Arkansas is a keeper.

Angie - aww, I'm sorry you are having such a crappy time at work! Do whatever you can to get away from those ingrates. Life is too short to waste any of it on people who don't appreciate us! Just know that it is THEM, and not you, who are at fault. And vent here all you want, okay?

Katie - a copy of the WW FT is in my mailbox, waiting to be picked up by the mailman. FT (Fast Track) is a diet limited to 20 WW points, very healthy, and the one I'm sending you is a little higher protein. I felt so good while I was eating exactly what it listed!! Wendy is when a WWer uses their points in a high and low pattern to fool the body into not knowing it is on a diet. Eating at the high end of the range one day, low end next day, the middle the next day. But it all averages out over a week. See what I mean? Although, WW doesn't really use "ranges" now, Wendy is good to break a plateau.

Wow, this group is growing in leaps and bounds! I am making vegetable soup today and my son is coming out for supper. Since he has been on the evening shift at work, I haven't seen much of him, and I miss him. This will be over in April, thank goodness.

We got even more snow, and school is cancelled once again. There is supposed to be freezing rain afterwhile. As much as I LOVE snow, even I've had enough!!

Better run, be good!

Jana
Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #38  
a work in progress

Default Good morning!

Jana - Thanks so much for sending the info, and finally clearing up the "Wendie" mystery for me! When I was able to fit WW meetings in my schedule, I heard someone talking about Wendie and always meant to ask what it was, but forgot. Think you could mail me some of that veggie soup, too? It would be nice to come home to tonight I make a lot of soup -- what do you put in your recipe?

Angie - Sorry you are having a rough time at work I know the info is probably in one of the older chat threads, but in your bio it says full time mom and helping hubby with his business...so where are you working now? I will hold out good thoughts for you for the prospects in the paper Is Tanner your older or younger son? How does the blue look? My youngest, Noah, is almost 13, and he just dyed his hair black. Mike's almost 18, and the 20 year old is in the Air Force in South Dakota.

Susan - wow, 110 lb weight loss, that's awesome! How did you do it? Internet romances can be very successful -- met my guy on the internet, he came out here from Detroit, and we'll be married 4 years on St. Patrick's Day

Marti - I understand about the hairstyle dilemmna. I have really long, curly, messy, hair. I'd love to chop it off, but it's a security blanket, I'd probably cry or go into shock, and Tim would throw a fit. But I see all these great styles on makeover shows -- if I went on there, the first thing they'd do is scalp me! heehee.... I'll try to get my butt in gear this weekend and email you some cool scrapbook info -- you're probably being bombarded with it, with all these scrappers here

Ack! time to run to work...Kayecee, Cristi, Shanna....Hope you all have a great day...I'll come back tonight and try to read more...Kayecee, hope your little one gets better soon!!!

See you later, ladies...running out the door....

Katie
Old 02-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I called my SIL this morning,,started telling her about my work and just started crying... (I never cry and now this past week has been a tidal wave...and its not PMS) My SIL was shocked about how I was being treated and well I just decided that I will not tolerate that in my life...told her I was quitting. Had to call my boss at home and did well till the end when I was crying again, I know right now shes calling in the big guys,,DSM I told her I was not going in for my 12:30 shift. I feel bad but I can not do one more minute in that place.
So once again Im unemployed bum....lol
Angie
Old 02-05-2004, 12:49 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Angry

I want to say Happy Thursday ladies! Even though it is ugly in my little corner of the world. Like you Jana, I LOVE snow but I am very sick of it! It's like we didn't get any in January so lets make up for it in one week! We got more last night and more is expected today and then over the weekend. YUCK! I went to town this morning early and the roads are a MESS! I want to say they are clear, well the snow is melted thanks to the road crew but now the water and sand/salt mixture is horrible. At least they do keep the roads clear for the most part, thank goodness. You wouldn't believe the plows I saw in all the shopping center parking lots, looked kind of weird there were so many.

Thanks EVERYONE for the well wishes on the house! It really isn't that big of a house. I guess because of the lay-out of it with the basement and all it does seem small and cozy. I definitely will post photos. We were supposed to look at it yesterday at 5 but once again our realtor cancelled at the last minute. So we are going today at 5 I laugh because we are expecting him to cancel again. He is not the best realtor but we started with him and wanted to finish with him. I will just be glad when it's over. He is a super nice guy but I think he is just starting out and he mixes his personal and business life together ie his three-year-old daughter. I am not clear whether they have a babysitter or not because most of the cancellations had to do with him having his DD and not wanting to drag her along.

Marti~I know exactly what you mean about weight and hair. I adore short hair but my face is too fat and I can't wear short hair. It makes me look like a guy. Good job getting your Powerpoint done.

Kayecee~I hope Vallory gets to feeling better soon, poor baby. I always hated seeing the kids sick, and still do and they are adults now. My kids had strep one time and it was the day before going on vacation years ago. You are silly, it really is just small and cozy. I have been getting all kinds of ideas and such for the front yard as far as landscaping, but have no idea what to do in the backyard.

Jana~we are having the same weather as you, all I can say is ICK! I definitely will send out my new addy to everyone, even though we will be keeping the PO Box. Almost forgot to say hope you have a GREAT visit with your son.

Angie~I am so sorry you have to deal with dummies. I am sending you some good vibes : : and luck in the hopes you find a new job soon. No one should have to put up with that kind of crap. I think that is cool how you and Susan met.

Susan~Aaah, Fayettville-college town, it is BEAUTIFUL there. A friend of my sons goes to the University there. I was born in AR and lived there off and on till I was 18, and then for a year before I met DH. I say off and on because my parents could never decide if they wanted to live in AR or CA. So the three girls were born in AR and the three boys in CA. My family lives there now. I have a brother & SIL in Siloam Springs which is up by Springdale, which is by Fayettville. Also, a nephew in Springdale, and a nephew in Fayettville and a cousin in Rogers. The rest live in the Little Rock area. Best of luck with your online romance! I didn't meet DH online but through a kind of personal ad/dating service and we will be married five years this May. I too was a single mom, for 8 years until I met DH. It was tough at times but I survived as will you.

Okay, this is getting loooong! Hi Shanna and Katie. I will check back later ladies. Hope EVERYONE has a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-05-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:03 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Unhappy

Hi Angie~I guess you were posting as I was writing that novel!
(((((Angie))))) I know it's hard to have to quit your job, but I do think you are doing the best thing for you, for own peace of mind, and for your health. No one should have to endure that kind of treatment and honestly I just don't understand people being so mean. Geez, where do they come off?! Anyway, you need to take care of you sweetie, and I KNOW you will get another job soon, one you will LOVE and where they will respect you.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:14 PM   #42  

Boy! Am I feeling behind this morning...look at all these post so far!

Angie--I think you did the right thing. No one should have to endure such situations to where you absolutely dread going to work. And just "toughing" it out is much harder than some people realize! I too am sending good vibes and hugs your way!! I know you'll be able to find another job. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find the job of your dreams!!

Jana--Vegetable soup today? Sounds good. I woke up this morning and seen that James had some soup stuff layed out on the counter. Must be wanting some soup tonight! I still want to try all the recipes that you girls have posted! I'm so bad at getting things going!!

Cristi--Even though you started out with this realtor, I would find it very difficult to keep him around! (I guess I'm very impatient) But I am happy that you found the perfect home. Feel free to have it moved next door and we can be neighbors!! That goes for all of you!!

Katie--I used to have long hair too. As you can see in some of my "before" pictures...it used to be longer than that. And I also used it as a security blanket. Which is why when it gets long...there really is no hesitation with getting it cut. Kind of like "freeing" myself. Maybe thats why I like to grow it out only to turn around and cut it!! And about the scrapbooking info...bombard away ladies!! Of coarse, Shanna is way ahead of me on getting stuff together!!!

Shanna--How was your morning class? I was going to call and see if you wanted to meet today....then I got carried away doing laundry, dishes and housework..and before I knew it...it was 10:30!!! Next week sometime??

Susan--I am so disappointed that you don't live at the zoo!! I'd visit you every Spring and Summer!! I have heard of the places you lived by, but I don't know if I've ever been there or not! I lived here in Oregon most of my life. With an exception of moving to Illinois for a few months, and Nevada...and oops...I straying from the topic. Anyway I hope you enjoy this thread and become a regular!!

Kayecee--How is your little one feeling? Do you have her favorite stuffed animal and her blanket all snuggled with her? How about mama snuggling up into bed with her?? That always feels good!! I hope she starts to feeling better soon. Strep throat is not fun!! Especially for the little ones!

This group is growing! How nice is that? And ladies on the East side.....you're getting out numbered by the West side!! Let's say you all move over here and all become neighbors... then we could all go out and have coffee with a little bit of chatting!!

This morning has been a noisy morning! The senior housing landscapers (sp?) are doing some "spring" cleaning and mowing the yards. The street sweeper is sweeping the roads and the recycle and garbage trucks are making racket down the streets!! And poor James is trying to sleep through it all!! I hope he's actually getting the rest he needs. I've avoided making any kind of noise, even though if I did....he wouldn't be able to hear me above all the outdoor racket!! Our weather here today is semi-sun and clouds. Almost as though it can't make up it's mind as to show or not...but it always brings a bounce to my step when I see the sun. Maybe I have a bit of that weather depression?? (I don't know what it's called) My motivation gets kicked into gear when the sun is shining!

Well...I should close since this is becoming long......Hope everyone is having a good day. And Angie......relax a bit. Get rid of any guilt you may have for leaving your job and concentrate on you!! You had a very valid reason for quitting!

Ok ladies
Take Care
Marti
Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

Default Living at the Zoo

Good Morning

So,if I live at the zoo , you will come visit me?? Was that from Marti? lol
I DO live rather close , I probably should live there with my daughters. Our home is LIKE a zoo, and looks like a dorm, with clothes and such tossed aroud.

I am rather lousy at names, so until I learn all yours please forgive me, not ignoring you or rude.....just have 1 cell brain

Yes, Angie.....(((((HUG))))) take it easy, sorry about the stresss with the job.You are super smart and talented, something better is in store.Remember you deserve the best, and THANK God you won't be hanging where they obviously don't appreciate an awesome employee!!! So ,pooh on them......don't fret.Go have a ding dong.....lol....teasing.Don't do that...go for a long walk and count your blessings....put me on top of the lsit cause you are darn lucky to know me...lol....

Glad to know Arkansas is nice. I hope to go there in March for my birthday.No one know that yet in my family.I think they will all have a cow...."look what Susan is doing now!!" lol
We will see how it goes.I will just think that I am visting a friend and not worry too much about the future.

Veggie Soup!!! Sounds great ,Jana. I love soup. SOunds so good I might go make me a pot myself.

CONGRATS on your new home Cristi!!!

I better go, will try and write more late.

Just trying to drink a lot of water and watch what I eat today.

I weighed in at 160 this morning, want to lose 15 pounds.....before I go to Arkansas....lol......

UGH.,.....

Susan
Old 02-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

The soup was really good - I use a very tender shredded beef roast, peas, carrots, corn, angel hair cabbage, tomato juice, diced potatoes, onions, and celery. Plus salt and pepper. (The recipe calls for green beans too, but Neal doesn't like them.)

I am at a loss here - usually Neal and I watch Jeopardy every night at 7, but he went to a ballgame with Dale. He asked me to go, but I didn't want to get out in the cold, so Dale went instead. Makes me wonder what would happen to me if he should die before me. I can't even get through a Thursday night! LOL!!

I'll be back in the morning and say hi to each of you then, but Angie, I'm so glad you quit that job!!

Later,
Jana Banana
Old 02-05-2004, 10:32 PM   #45  

Evening ladies!!

Susan...I would visit ya even though you don't live at the zoo (so disappointed!!) I travel to Portland about once or twice a year. It's a long drive from where I live...Have you heard of the rinky dink town called Cottage Grove? I love going to the Expo in Portland every year for the Christmas Bizarre. Plus I just love the atmosphere when I'm in there.

Jana...Glad to hear your soup turned out good. I ended up having chicken wings and mixed veggies. Very good I must say.

I have yet to go through my photos for my scrapbook. It's all in a box buried under other boxes in my closet. I'm dreading fishing them out BUT, if I ever want to catch up with Shanna, then I'm just going to have to put a smile on my face and just do it! (Hmmm...when did I turn this into a competition??)

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say hello.

Oh hey...now that there are more of us on the West coast...what do you think of the idea of meeting next year being closer this way??? Just a thought. Susan, Katie...have any thoughts on that or is it too soon? I guess you might want to get to know us more through here before you commit to wanting to actually meeting any of us.....we can get a bit looney on here.

Ok ladies...I have to head to the store to get some cereal that doesn't taste like rocks...

Take care
Marti
Closed Thread