Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #46  

Oh, And I'll volunteer to get the next gift card............there, now it's settled.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #47  

Hi Babs, I'm new here too, about 3 weeks, can only say nice things about this place, it really helps me start the day right. Welcome!

Sandy-It sounds like you need an at-home exercise routine. If you invest in some videos, books and handweights and other little things you might need, you will end up spending lots less than a gym in the long run anyway. You can do it!

WOES!!! I didn't know that there were digestion problems with glucophage, I haven't done my research on the meds, just know they seem to help with fertility.
Dot-My symptoms are: Some whiskers on my chin and upper lip, pot-belly, and no ovulation. I am really concerned about my fertility. My mom had it also and was able to conceive with basic fertility hormone treatment for her first and without drugs for her second. I was on the pill, but had some side effects. I decided to go off the pill last Sept., knowing I would get glucophage at the beginning of 2004. I know I will not be waiting till my mid thirties to think about having a baby! WOES--Thinking about PCOS depresses me. I am paranoid that my hair is thinning, even though my bf reasures me it isn't. It is a real bummer, don't want something to be wrong with me!

Yesterday I got 3 pts, no exercise due to a very strenuous workout Monday that made it SO HARD just to walk down stairs yesterday. I bought the journal and filled 2 pages with thoughts surounding my food choices in one day. I think the journal is going to be a great tool if I can keep it up. The idea is to not wait till the end of the day to write everything down, but to do it as I am feeling the cravings and the after-effects of having eaten

My support goes out to anyone who is struggling right now, and my cheers to all who are on plan and cruising (you know who you are!)

Have a great Wednesday!
Kim
Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #48  

POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Angie (sorry I missed seeing it earlier!)
Julie

Went to the gym this morning and worked for the first time with some of the machines and the weights. I felt self conscious, but I need to start doing this to firm up what I can. I am beginning to look like a Sharpei!

Kim: Honey I could just kiss you when you said what you did about beautiful 40 and 50 year olds!

Amanda: I am sooo glad you found a great WW group, now you are really going to go to town I am sure of it!

Lisa: BOLOGNA! I don't know what idiot said that, but I would have given them what for, for sure. I don't believe in those stupid charts as far as what you should weigh, but the truth is, you should weigh what makes you feel good, keeps your blood pressure in line, allows you to accomplish pretty much any task, stairs, walking distances, fitting into things etc. Two hundred lbs is ok if you are 6 ft tall! Ignore the ignoramus that said that!

SandyG: Girl, how busy can you get? Ok, this may be a stupid suggestion, but here goes. Until you can get you some home equipment I would suggest one of two things, getting the Walk away the Pounds tape and use it or another cardio tape or walk during your lunch hour during the day job. Don't freak out at the moment about not being able to do anything more calorie burning. Just get yourself some kind of exercise to get you into a routine so that when you do have a machine you are already set up to workout everyday and don't put it off! As for energy, my personal opinion is SLEEP and I like fruit for energy, like bananas or oranges. Both have higher fructose content and will provide more energy without slugging you down like some stuff. I have heard those power bar thingys are good too, but have never tried them.

Julie: Hope your van and everybody that was in it is A-ok. You are having some kind of winter, aren't you? I am so thrilled about your fat loss even if the scales don't say so. You are obviously losing if you can now feel bones etc you couldn't before. I am very very proud of you. You are working very hard! Don't be a slave to the scale. It can be deceiving!

Angie: It is great to have you here. Right below is some bio info on the girls so you can get to know us a little better. Also, the first post of the thread keeps you updated on everything we do here including, topics, points, challenges, etc.

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married in April in Las Vegas, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 31/2. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!
Hope you can join us

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

JUDY: I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day.

My name is Susan and I've grown up in the North West. I'm a sophomore at (transfering for winter term) the University of Oregon. I love Music, theater, and being silly with my friends. I have no significant other, but a large family the imediate of wich includes my parents and 4 siblings, all about 10 years older, but we are still close and I love them all dearly.
I've bee a chubby girl for as long as I can remeber and the time has come to stop my bad habbits. I'm not quite sure what my all time high was because I wasn't weighing myself at the time, but this July I weighed in at 218 wich is the highest I've ever seen the scale. I'm now at 194 as of last friday and am working toward 150 by my 21st birthday in January 2005. I drink water and go to the campus gym 3-4 days a week. On other days I still have to ride my bike and walk around campus. I want to drop the weight so that I can FEEL young and be the 20-something I know I can be.

BETH :I am 40 divorced for the past 4 years, no kids and at the moment no pets although I am a big dog lover. I am going to school full time at a private university in Florida. I have a degree in accounting which I don't use and instead work for myself pretty much part time at home. Currently I am majoring in writing - drama. I would like to go to Brown to get my Masters when I finish in writing drama as well. A relationship with someone I loved dearly ended last week and I am trying to move on but the circumstances that caused the ending is making that a bit hard. I have a week and a half of school left before Christmas break and then six weeks off. I plan to use that time just for myself. Putting me first and spending my time on ingraining a healthier life style. My long term goal is to be in much better shape and at a much lower weight by the time I start graduate school which is about a year and a half from now. I like the normal things, movies, tennis, bike riding, photography and art in general. I'm looking forward to being part of your group.

Donna: Married for 21 years . I have two sons ; oldest is 29 lives in Kansas
Then there is my youngest who is 20 lives with his girlfriend.
My oldest is going to make me a Grandma for the first time in April
[ I am so excited]
I reached my all time highest weight last month 242.5lbs.
My current weight is 238 as of this morning.
This time I am going to lose this weight for ME.

Hi, my name is Dorothy and I am 25 years old. I live in New Ypork City and work as an operations manager in an advertising agency. I also do graphic design on the side. I have a tiny black chihuahua, Gizmo and 2 cats, Kit & Nemo(Seriously, they're lik emy kids). I love animals, going out to eat, the movies, scrabble, computers, and other board games(recent interest discovered-lol). I started weight watchers at home on 9/22/03 at 175lbs and hope to reach my goal weight of 115-120lbs by end of 2004!

About me: I am Kim; 26 years old, and just started
Nursing School. I have a degree from the University of
Oregon in biology (2001). I currently live with my
b.f., who will be leaving me to go back to work in
March (which I am scared of!) He works overseas as a
performing artist-comedian-juggler, and for the past 4
years I have been spoiled enough to have lived with
him half-time in Europe. It has been a terrific
adventure (but not cost-effective), and since I am in
school now, I can not go back for a while. I have
struggled with weight for a while, I have about 21
pounds to lose now to reach my goal weight of 158 lbs.
But who's counting? I am on a very lax plan now
focusing on exersize and eating awareness, not eating
control, and plan not to weigh myself for the next 16
weeks, as long as I stick to my plan. I have two
kitties on loan until march, and they are making life
very fun. I also have 2 goldfish, Beaky and Spot.

LISA:I'm a SAHM (with two parttime businesses) to two wonderful children, 14 and 6. I'm very fortunate to have a super supportive husband, but I need to lose some more weight. My highest was over 235, my lowest in ten years has been 185. I've been hovering back at 200 again, and want to get down at least 20 lbs initially, 40 ideally. I have hypothyroid and PCOS which makes the struggle even more frustrating and slow. My username Zookeeper16 came from a friend of mine. I have 2 dogs, an inside cat, a bird, a guinea pig and fish. Outside, we have 4 horses, 11 cats, 6 rabbits, 6 guinea hens, 2 peacocks, a pheasant and a bunch of chickens. Hence the zoo! It keeps me busy! I also do a lot of volunteer things for school/church and 4H, as well as serving on the Board of Education.

Have a great day ladies!

Faye
Old 01-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #49  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good morning Beautifuls - and yes the 40s and 50s, even 60s, 70s and 80s are beautiful too! I know a woman in her 80s and she is the most beautiful woman around. I can't imagine what she looked like in her 20s! So EVERY age, every year is beautiful!

Sandy - I really think after a couple weeks of regular exercise, your energy will come back. The first couple weeks actually wore me out , but now if I workout, I have a lot more energy. Then again, those first couple weeks, I quit the caffeine too, so that may have had something to do with it. As for exercise, I highly recommend Tae Bo, but that's just me! Its a great cardio, stretching and muscular workout.

Julie - Hope you and your van are okay. What a rotten winter for you guys out there! You and I need to stay away from the scale! If I could just stay away from it and weigh myself a couple times a week I'd be doing great!

Kim - Don't stress yourself out with the PCOS. I had a hard time conceiving before I was even diagnosed with PCOS and one round of Chlomid did the trick. The Metaformin/Glucophage are terrible on the digestive system, so right now I'm trying to fight the symptoms without meds. I'm having a hard enough time with digestion since my gall bladder surgery, I don't need to add to that! I also went through a period last summer where my hair was literally falling out. But it stopped and what I lost is growing back. It may be a bit thinner, but not by very much. Remember, stress isn't good for you anyway. Worrying about it won't change it. Time to look PCOS straight on and tackle it! You can do it!

Faye - Did the scale you just bought measure body fat too? I can't remember! If it does, then this site may help you put things into perspective: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

Based on the information on that website, I have lost 5 lbs of fat and replaced that with muscle! THAT made me feel so much better! I also went through the calculations and found that my ideal weight is 166, so I have 34 lbs to lose. Boy, this information really helped me keep my perspective!

I also took my measurements this morning an put them in an Access database. I've never used Access before, so I'm learning as I go. If all else fails, I'll go back to Excel.

Faye - I'm still giggling over your Sharpei comment!

Well, got my exercise in and on my second water bottle for the day. Looks to be a great day! Hope yours is too!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:16 AM   #50  

Good Morning
Hump day! I got just 1 pt for water yesterday. My lunch errand took too long, didn't get home to grab the good for me lunch I made and forgot to take with, so I did fast food burger and drink. Had a meeting after work to plan my son's courses for high school next year. I was bad, we both were starving by the time the meeting was over, so we went for fast food dinner. We had fried chicken, mine without the skin, and I didn't eat all the mashed potatoes that came with it Boy, it DID taste good though

My Wednesday Woe---high school!! Man, I don't remember having all these requirements when I was in high school. To graduate in the college prep program, Billy will only get to take 2.5 credits of electives, out of the 24 he has to have to graduate. 1 credit is 1 semester, and most courses are 2 credits. These elective credits include any courses he wants to take in whatever field he wants to study in college. There is no room for not knowing what you want to study in college, there is no flexibility. 4 yrs of math, english, science, social studies and 3 yrs of a foreign language are all required, along with a year of fine arts, 1.5 yrs of PE, and a speech, health and computer information credit. He is lookig at summer school this year and next year to get stuff out of the way!! Even within the English, Science etc, there are no choices for courses, you have to take what is specified.
He will do fine, I am just disappointed that he won't have to opportunity to explore new things a little more. He is excited so I guess that is all that matters.

Back on program today, I was given a discount card for the community gym so billy and I are going to sign up and have our first workout tonight. So I am planning on a 4 point day.
Have a great day!
Judy
Old 01-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #51  

Ok, 50 minutes of Treadmill DONE! Plus I still have class to teach tonight. Loads of exercise today.......

I have a martial arts tournament this weekend that I'm kinda nervous about. In this silly game I play there are no weight/age/experience or gender classes...everybody fights everybody and we jokingly call this tourney the "Pit of Pain" because it's an all day fight. It never stops. You fight, you win or lose, if you lose you go to the back of the line, if you win you keep fighting the next guy in line. You can stop whenever you want to, take breaks, etc....but it is a MAJOR testosterone fest!!! It's the first tourney of the "season" and everybody has to prove himself, set the pecking order so to speak. I generally do ok at this one, as long as I relax. I think that's why I'm hitting the treadmill so hard right now, to get the nerves under control.

Anyway, lots to do! Talk at you later,
Julie
Old 01-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #52  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Kim
Judy

Keep those feet moving girls! I am getting confused on who is exercising when to do the exercise queen so what I am going to do is do what I do for points. Starting tomorrow, I will post exercise queens for those who exercised the day before (ie Wed)

Lisa: Thanks loads for the info and yes my scale does body fat. I was totally shocked to see my "fitness" level either 22% or 24% is 168 lbs and 174% not the 145 lbs I was shooting for. WOOHOO I have less to lose! It would even be more if I wanted to be just in the acceptable level, but I would like to be in the "fit" level for one time in my life since high school anyway! I weighed 185 when I got married, but walked a mile to school everyday, could ride my bike for miles and was on the volley ball team at school though I quit because of the practice times (6am). I am going to send this to my sister. Thanks again.

My wed woe involves my dd and ds. She is NOT going to his wedding and of course ole mom as usual is caught in the middle. I have refused to give my opinion about any of it telling her she has to do what is right for her family (repeatedly because she keeps bringing it up and talking about it) and his girlfriend I told that I won't give my opinion though I have one because I always end up caught in the middle and then I get my feelings hurt. GROWN kids are worse than little ones sometimes, I swear! My son's fiance is an adorable woman and only thinks the best of people as does my son. I can see our relationship becoming a problem for dd eventually, if you know what I mean. BIG GREEN monster as she is my only girl and he is my only boy. SIGH.......

FYI: Let's see two things, I think it is pillsbury that now makes a lowfat fudge brownie mix and for those Skinny Cow ice cream lovers in the bunch then have just come out with their own line of 1/2 gallon ice cream with 2.5% fat. I bought chocolate peanut butter cookie dough so we shall see!

Gotta run!

Faye
Old 01-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #53  
I Can and I Will

HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!! Another 4 point day... thats great for me... slowly but surely getting back on track here. Once i get sawyer off to school today i am doing my watp 2 mile tape...Altho i have been cleaning like a mad woman...lol changing sheets, dishes, vacuuming, laundry... so i have worked up a good sweat doing that too. LOL Sandy thats wonderful about your son... u have every right to be proud!! I have parent teacher conferences tomorrow... altho i am both proud and happy to say my kids do well in school. Daughter has some problems with math... but thats normal... and ds Hunter is jsut such a sweet heart... his teacher tells me what great leadership skills he has,,, sometimes i get home from these confreneces and think... were they really talking about my kids?? LOL U know what i mean...lol
Faye... just be yourself and stick to what your heart and gut tells you on the dd issue... jealously is such a wasted emotion... but most of us just have no control over it. And since u already suspect what issues will be forthcoming... u are already somewhat prepared... right?? right!! I love you all... take care of u today...
Sandy
Old 01-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #54  

SandyB for a 4 pt day! Great job!

Well, I did 45 on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the other machines. I had a tiny mishap with the machine that you use sitting and you pull down like handle bars. My arms were too short to allow the bar to release all the way to the top and when I was finished, I couldn't do anything but let it got when I ran out of arm (I couldn't stand from that position because of my bad knee) so it clanged and the place was full. I was so embarrassed!

Tomorrow is errand and grocery day oh yippee for me so I need to go and get a grocery list made up. I do it on the computer and type it all up nice and neat then make a mess of it when I shop!

Funny little story. I got an e-mail from my future dil telling me my sister and my adult niece had rsvp'd for the wedding. She proceeds to tell me that they received their first wedding gift via Target and it was a pyrex portable. She said my son was all excited about it and wanted to cook something in it right away! Only my son could get excited about GlASSWARE!

Have a good night girls. AND for my absent sweet ones, Pam, Beth, Debbie, Joy, Susan we all miss you bunches and bunches, please come back soon!

Faye
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #55  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Well, my Wednesday Woe is that i fell off the wagon pizza, a beer and 2 yeh 2 Mars Bars knew i was getting hungry and thats what i get for not eating regularly it was gooood tho' back on plan in the morning

Walked 3.5mls today..not enough to take care of that lot tho' i'm sure 1pt for me.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:56 AM   #56  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Be Sure to give yourself some quality time just for you today!

Today is busy day girlies, so I will check back in when I can!

Faye
Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #57  

Good morning lovelies!

We're finally getting some snow. It's been too cold to snow since before Christmas, so this is kinda nice. THough I gotta keep myself out of ditches

4 points yesterday......9 in a row! I had to cram down that last 1/2 water bottle before bed though.

I'm teaching a private class today and then grocery shopping. Should be another 4 pointer, Sooner or later all this angelic behavior has GOT to pay off!

Later babes,
Julie
Old 01-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #58  
It is what it is...

Default Good Morning All:

I had just a three pointer yesterday, no exercise...sometimes once I get home from work I am just pooped and ready to be on the couch for a while, then it is dinner, and clean up, and bedtime... I know I gotta make time....
After I got off my TOM my weight was back down so I got to change the number on my signature AGAIN....I am on a roll now...

Faye - Great job on experimenting on the machines, I used to be a member of Lifetime Fitness, and it was just a skinny little gathering place mostly, my dh and I didnt like it, but no one would help with showing how the machines worked so I never got on them, I tried to do it myself but some were so complicated....

Cathy - I can almost taste those Mars Bars, mmmmmmmmmmm ... it has been so long since I have had something good and sweet - but dont beat yourself up, today is another day...and sometimes ya gotta cheat....

Sandy - good job on getting back on track, dont you just love those WATP tapes? It goes by so fast.....

Julie - Good luck on the tournament this weekend!!

Kimmy Ann, Judy, Lisa, Babs, Pam, Dot, Amanda, and anyone that I missed, have a great OP day....talk to ya all later...
Old 01-29-2004, 09:24 AM   #59  

Angry Hey Everyone

Im back....sorry for not posting for so long,but things have really been hectic....my children have really been having a tough time since their father passed,and I think the holidays really triggered it for them...my oldest seems to be the one that is taking it the hardest...she really has been depressed...crying at the drop of a hat ...moody,and I mean moody...and guess what,she found out that she is going to have another baby...so I am going to be a grandma again...so that explains some of her moods...then I have the two sisters fighting,and having to listen to both sides and trying to be the go between and settle things between them,I tell you what,I think sometimes when they get older,they reqiure more attention than when they are little...PHEW!!!...then I have my youngest daughter that I am getting ready for graduation...that's a job in itself...I have everything ordered,and now I have to find her a prom dress....so amoung all this I have not been taking the time for me...feeling that I need to be there for my children ...helping them get all the things cleared up...their father left them very well off,but we have had to go through the Government,and you talk about red tape...they want every detail of your whole life..they were in the dark as to where to start,and his sister from New York tried to pull a fast one,and I had to challenge her in court on behalf of my children ,as she was trying to get control of all of their money and properties,and had actually started using the money in the accounts he had...needless to say I won and my children have since got what was theirs...she thought since we were no longer married and I had remarried..that it gave her the right to step in and try and control things...it's funny how the thought of money and personal gain brings someone out of the woodwork...this sister never even knew my children and never visited her brother..he lived here in georgia and she was in New York...and even when she was notified that he was dying,her reply was she would only come down if he died...didn,t even care to see him alive....little did she know what she was going up against,and that these backwood georgia mamas look out for their babies....but she knows now...so in the mist of all this...I have left me behind,so I really need to get back on track ...Faye ,I really appreciate you for hanging in their and praying for me to come back...looks as if all are doing well,as i hope to jump right in there with you..I have rambled a bit and sorry so long..there wasn't a day I haven't thought about all of you,just have been drained and really did not take the time to exercise or anything for me..and not to mention my 8 year old...he defintely keeps me on my toes...sports,school projects, his ar program where he reads so many books per month,and he recieved outstanding achiever awards,and we recieved a letter from the principal thanking us for our support ....makes you proud,and he is in the gifted class for his outstanding performance....can't tell Im a proud parent,huh...Im proud of all my children's accomplihments...alright,I know ,enough...anyway,I am back to stay,and i look forward to chatting with you all...take care and I will check in later...love and hugs to all.....Joy
Old 01-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #60  

Good Morning All,
Joy, hugs to you and welcome back. We are here for you.

I get 4 points for yesterday. Son and I went to work out last night. I think I overdid it---everything aches this morning. I either overdid it or I am getting old! Tonight we are going to do just a cardio workout. I am bound and determined to master the treadmill!!!! Call me strange, definitely uncoordinated, but I have never been able to comfortably walk on a treadmill for any length of time. I don't know if it is the movement of it, the closeness of the handles or what but I get dizzy or I have to hang on with a death grip! It would be nice to be like everybody else and walk on a treadmill!! Oh well.
Have a great day!
Judy
P.S. I am terribly bloated from drinking just water--I feel like I am going to float away.
Closed Thread