Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 07:01 PM   #16  
Movin' to the Country!

Misty, How disappointing!!! I can't think of too much worse than being sent home from the hospital with no baby!
At least he stayed in there once you found out he wasn't quite ready to come out! Take it easy and hang in there! How much longer do the doc's think he needs? Will they do another amnio at your next appointment? I've never had one, they always looked scary but glad to know they are not so bad. Hope your poor DH survives all this!

Cute pics Geri. Are you done or do you think you'll have a third? I thought I was done after my dd was born since I had one of each but lately I've been feeling like I would really like another. My 2 are soooo sweet and very loving and LOVE babies and I think they would just eat up another bro or sis. My only concern is I was the oldest of 3 and when my baby sis was born it caused alot of jealousy between my brother and I and we were never very close after that. Oh well, I wouldn't do it unless I could quit my job so it would be at least a couple years. We'll see how I feel about it by then!

Well, I just signed on to enter in my calories and fat to see if I could have dessert and I ended up over here. Got a mess here with laundry and cleaning that needs done. I've hired a girl to come on Tuesdays and fold and put away all my laundry and do light cleaning so maybe that will help my laundry situation. There is always a HUGE pile and I can never seem to get it done between work, kids and other obligations! I'm hoping I can get my mom to start watching them Tuesday afternoons so she can work in peace and I can get some work done for my job! We'll see. Does anyone else get any help with watching your kids or do you do it all yourself? I'm going to be homeschooling next year when ds turns 5 so I won't even get a break then!

Hope you all have a great OP evening!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #17  
Domestic Engineer

I've been enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon. It's after 5 and only Brendan and I are awake. Guess we'll be the only ones ready for bed at bedtime!!

Michele- so sorry you got sent home But it really is for the best. Ian was born right at term and still had breathing problems...It wasn't fun at all having a baby in the NICU! So sending some (((((((lung maturing vibes))))))))) over to you and then some *****labor dust***** Hope it's soon!
How weird to have an amnio-- I've never had one and don't do very many of the tests they like to do these days. Have seen the needle though - Yowsa!

Great pictures Geri!! Thanks for sharing, your boys are adorable

Candy- we've tried to do the date thing with the kids for the last year, but have been pretty hit and miss. Now they are 5 and 3 and we are really going to try to be more regular. Probably more like every couple weeks. My oldest just asked for a donut and hot chocolate for his next time. My sister thought it was great to start so young- that way they won't be "suspicious" if we tried to start it when they were teenagers

Well, I made some homemade chicken noodle soup and am going to go enjoy some!
See y'all tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2003, 10:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm up having trouble resting tonight. Candy, they didn't mention having another amnio done and I'll be seeing the Ob again on Wed. It's all pretty up in the air. And one of the nurses told me that th ebaby's lungs can mature to 50% over night. She said they develope so fast at this point. They tried to assure me that things will be fine and it should be soon. But really I'm in no hurry. I'd rather be miserable for a few more days than deliver a baby to be put on a respirator.
Just wanted to tell ya too that I homeschool. I have been my 4 year old for a year and a half, and my 2 year old started this year. It just sorda worked out that way never ment to start the 2 year old out so early but she enjoys the lessons with her big sister. I also work at home not near as demanding as what you do I'm sure. My Dh runs a farm/buisness here and I do what ever he asks me to mostly just support and keep track of appts...etc little like a secretary. When I got so far along with this baby we hired a cleaning lady which never worked out, I spent time looking for things she put away when I could have been cleaning my house myself. I was also using a nanny a day a week for awhile but she took a full time position in the city. So for now I'm looking into hiring someone after the baby is born. Its very hard to manage a home and work and kids. Good luck getting your mom to help. I always feel better/safer having family watch my kids. Hope it works out for you.
Emily thanks for the vibes I really need it. So sorry to hear about you having to go thru that with Ian. Has he developed asthma or any breathing problems? I'm so worried about this. Asthma is in my family. My mother and aunt are both chronic and I just lost a 2nd cousin a few years ago to asthma. It's a serious issue with me. Hope your soup turned out great. It's great soup weather here. Wish I was able to fix a pot. I love homemade noodles. Well I'm off to hop back in bed.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:38 PM   #19  
Domestic Engineer

Michele- no Ian hasn't developed any further problems. He just started breathing really fast about 3 hours after he was born. Turned out to be a mucous plug in his chest...he was having symptoms of pneumonia, but didn't turn into that. Just had a hard time getting all the oxygen he needed for his first couple days. It was scary having a sick baby though- you think it's all cake by the time you have your 3rd!

Candy- I only work a few hours a week and I can hardly keep up at home-- how do you do it????? And homeschool too next year?? Are you cutting your hours or just going to get up earlier Really though, I could not work at home full time...it's not like being away and having your kids in daycare away...the house is still getting messy and you still have to feed etc...Last year I had a nice arrangement with a friend-- we traded childcare every week for 3-4 hours. Worked out great to get out and do work or even just errands without kids in tow. So much faster too when you aren't buckling carseats and saying "hurry up"

The soup was great- I don't always do homemade stock, but I'm glad I did...it was really tastey. I just used tri-colored rotini for the noodles. Now to get my menu ready for the rest of the week. Always something!

Well, off to get a head-start on the week.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Oh mIsty! My heart goes out to you!! You know amnio's are not 100% accurate. My doc told me that even if the test says the lungs are mature sometimes they aren't and vice versa. I'm sure at 39 weeks your little one is more than ready to be born and breathe on his own. So don't worry if you go into labor on your own... he'll be just fine. But waiting until wednesday must be hard! Thursday is your due date right? Keep us updated.
Well I get to look at the house in the morning. I can't wait!! I jjst hope it is what we want and can get it. But I'll let you all know tomorrow how that goes. Dh is leaving out tomorrow around 10 am. I'm really going to miss him. He won't be back for two weeks.
Well I wish I could get more personal but I don't want to spend too much time here. I need to be spendning it with DH. Hope everyone's weekend went well and I can't wait to start my week!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 AM   #21  
Domestic Engineer

Quick question Michele! (before you run off and have that baby boy!!) What is the name of that sweeper you just got again? I remember it was a Eureka, but the name or model number or even color? I was looking online, but couldn't remember what you had said.

Hoping Santa brings me something for my floors!
Thanks!
Closed Thread