Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:46 AM   #1  

Talking Chit Chat #15

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 11-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #2  

Talking Morning Y'all!

Well, I'm not going to work this morning. My babyboy may have strep throat so I have to take him to the doctor later. That stuff has been going around like crazy here. Even the teachers are dropping like flies.

I have my strategy all planned out for today- I have four 16.9 oz bottles chilling in the refrigerator- my decaf coffee is brewing- I have stir fried chicken ready for a salad at lunch- and depending on when I get back from the doctor, I have 4-5 different meals that I can make tonight. Woo Hoo! I am ready for battle!

It is gonna be 82 here today! We have a cold front coming through on Wednesday though and the temps are gonna drop down in the 70's and 60's- still not bad for an Arkansas November though. I'm getting my decaf and heading outside to sit on the porch so I can stick my tongue out at all my students that go by on the bus!!! I'm so evil! I'll check in later. Have a good day.

P.S. Marti- You shoulda told DD that all the gray hairs come from raising kids!

Last edited by Kayecee; 11-03-2003 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did! I overate like a demon, though, and am ashamed of myself.

Today I have to call some car dealerships for some quotes on trucks for Neal. He wants a Dodge Ram extended cab, yada yada yada. I always deal better with the salesmen than he does. He's too nice, whereas I can be more, uh, firm in my statements.

All the talk about bras is funny! I wear different sizes in different brands. Just My Size runs about a whole size bigger and I like their seamless cup one. No lines under t-shirts.

Have a good Monday!

Jana
Old 11-03-2003, 08:07 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Kaycee,

Hi!! We were posting at the same time. Hope your son gets feeling better! Your weather report sounds the same as ours here in Indiana. Don't you just love it!

Have a good one,
Jana
Old 11-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning All!

WELCOME Petra! Glad to have ya aboard and looking forward to getting to know you.

Kayecee & Marti, that is too funny and yes kids are brutally honest! The old lady boobs got me Marti! My kids too are always talking about my grey hair, and I tell them hey, you just be quiet, I have earned every one of those!

Kayecee, I hope your son's Dr. visit is fine and he doesn't have strep throat. It seems to be going around here also, along with the flu and colds. I was going to say enjoy your day, but it is never fun when one of your babies is sick and you have to go to the Dr. I'll be thinking of you both today and hoping everything goes well and he gets to feeling better.

Jana, hope you find a good deal on a Ram. Those are nice trucks. When DH hit the deer we had a rental for a week,a dodge extended cab, a goldish brown color, it was very nice.

Marti, thanks for the soup recipe and I definitely will le you know how I like it once I fix it. I am going to buy the ingredients when I buy groceries on Wed. and hopefully fix it sometime this week.

The weather is being goofy! Saturday it was cold and rainy, yesterday it was so warm you would not believe, and today it is supposed to get up to a whopping 79! Of course Wednesday it is supposed to be cooler. I wish it would either stay warm or cold.

Anyway, I am up early and going to head to the park in about an hour for a 2 mile walk. It is nice outside, although windy as heck. Okay ladies Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Monday! I'll check back later.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #6  
just call me skinny

Oh my goodness-it's snowing here, I just got up and yuck I don't want to be up anymore. Anyway hi everyone. I sure hope we all have a good week. I know that I am kicking myself in the pants for overeating on hallowween candy last week.
later
Old 11-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #7  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Just checking in! Jana- love the weather! Don't worry about the weekend overeating- today is a new day! I love Just My Size too. Once you get past a certain point, it gets really hard to find some good fitting drawers! We love our Ram- it's a four door which makes it really easy with 2 kids (plus, unlike a car, they can't accidentally open the door- my little brother did that once).

Cristi- I know what you mean about the weather needing to make up it's mind. I swear when it does that, we stay even more sick at school than usual. Hope you had a good walk.

Petra- Yuk! Sorry about the snow. I almost feel guilty about our 82. K- maybe I don't. Don't beat yourself up too badly about the candy. Just like I told Jana- today is a new day!

Well, gotta go jump in the shower. Landon's appoinment is at 10:45. And I love this doctor. We never have to wait. She even knew that Landon was sick one time and brought him medicine on her way home- just out of the blue! You don't find many like her any more. Her name is Angela and my DD3 calls her Angel. See y'all later.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #8  

Good morning girls. The weekend is over, the party is over and last week is history. I am back to normal again. No more junk food and candy. I've had a gain and it's not going to last!
The party went well, we worked so hard on everything and didn't get a huge turnout of guests but it was fun anyway. I'm glad the whole thing is over. We kind of agreed that we won't be doing it again next year, it's just too much time and money.
So everything is back to normal, it's not thrilling to be at work but at least I'm not home eating.

Hope everyone is well, I just wanted to drop in and say hi!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:18 PM   #9  

Talking Woo Hoo!

Just got back from the doctor. Landon has allergy problems- not strep. AND------ I am down 2 pounds! Don't know how- Don't know why- but I didn't gain!

Natalie- glad to see you back! I'm happy your party went well. I don't like giving parties- too much effort!

See y'all later!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:30 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Kayecee, glad to hear it wasn't strep, although allergies can be just as bad. Hope Landon gets to feeling better. CONGRATULATION'S on your 2 lb. loss!! WOOHOO!! YGG

Glad to see ya back Natalie! Glad the party was a blast.

Petra, I love the snow!! Well, as long as I don't have to get (drive) out in it. That's okay about the candy, hey today is a new day.

Hi to everyone else again! Okay, I am really outta here now. Oh, I did get my 3 mile walk in, 2 miles at the park and 1 on the treadmill. I was going to go ahead and do the 3 miles at the park but had to leave to pick up DS. Now on with the day picking up around the house, laundry and ironing-UGH! Later ladies.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

Wow you ladies were busy yappin today!!

Kayecee--WTG on the 2 lbs.!!! Good for you. I'm glad to hear that your son doesn't have strep. My daughter called me today telling me that she is starting to feel bad. I felt terrible. But she sure was in good spirits for not feeling well. She's very excited about choir. I guess they are planning on performing at the mall. She wanted to make sure I can make it.

Cristi--When you're finished with your ironing... come on over girl!! I have a few things that need it!

Jana--You too have good weather???? What's up with that? It's freezing here, and some parts of the area already has snow. I am not looking forward to having to drive in it. (never have!) Don't worry about the weekend. That's why we have the challenge. That way we can spend our weekends relaxing....and then when the weekend is over... we start right back with our challenges.

Natalie---I have yet to throw a party.. . for the very reasons you gave. Too spendy and takes so much time. I guess you can say I'm lazy. I appreciate the ones who do throw them though. It takes patients.

Petra--I'm right with you on the Halloween candy!! The forbidden food!!! I've never had problems with it before.... maybe it's the fact that I bought stuff that I like... hmm .... yep I think that could be it!!

Well today went alright. Took a Business English Exam. I'm confident that I did well on that. Then I came home and finished up some homework that needed to be done. Then James came home and made a fire and we've been snuggling ever since!! He had to laugh at me earlier about my squats. Everytime I would get up from the couch I would cringe!

Ok.. I'm dying of thirst here... going to go grab some water. You all have a good night and I will chat with you tomorrow.

marti
Old 11-04-2003, 08:54 AM   #12  

Default Up 4 pounds! Me?????

Yes that nasty scale says I'm up 4 pounds. Sadly I'm back where I started at the beginning on October. It's all that "forbidden" Halloween candy and junk I ate. It's going to come off, I will not accept a wasted month. It was coming off so slow there, I can't believe it comes on so FAST!
Brilliant on the loss Kayecee! Can you send some losing vibes over my way?
It's only Tuesday so by the end of the week I will be lighter, maybe not where I started but lighter at least.
Cristi, the weather is beautiful here too. It's going to get up to 77 today. I can't believe it. I'm really not one for the warm fall weather though. I prefer each season to be as it should be. I love the chilly fall air, this is just muggy and strange. It's supposed to drop down by the end of the week, that will make for a cuddly relaxing weekend. That's my favorite!

Have a great day chickies!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:34 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Kaycee,,,enough about your nice weather!...lol I have been living in COLD cold and more cold weather for a week now. Over a week ago I was in a tee, now Im bundled up in a thick jacket gloves and scarf. We have snow...*sigh
Both boys are home today sick. Tanner had something going on yesterday with a fever. Neighbour watched him till Monte got home. I worked then went to the theatre. Would of skipped it if it wasn't opening night tomorrow. I was there till 1 am doing lights. Plays are a lot of work. And im going to stick to my makeup and hair.
HAd day from Bleep at work. Electrican came into put in a heater in the back office,,,hot a live wire and put my store in the dark for 3 hours.....gee I wonder why I didn't make sales.
My SIL called to let me know their home was borken into and over 4 grand in jewellery was stolen. feel so bad for her.
Well I better get cleaned up and out the door to work.
ttfn
Angie
Old 11-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Angie---The weather here is extremely cold too!! So while the others are basking in the sun,,, you and I can cuddle up in the corner with our cup of hot chocolate (yes, I know it's not the best but it's GOOD)and just pout.

Well today after doing my squats, I thought I would be ok... oh my.... it felt like I parked my car 10miles away from the school!! I ached. But I had to walk proud because I know in the long run that I'm going to make a difference. I even managed to get in my crunches this morning. It's nice to have all the stuff that I have here at home, but for some reason, the atmosphere at a gym really gets you going. Anyone else feel that way? So SOMEDAY I will get the darn membership back!!

And someday... I have GOT to QUIT smoking!!! I can get so much more out of my workouts if I could breath while doing them!!! Someday girls,,, someday.....soon.

Alrighty then, I just wanted post a little bit. I'm going to go visit my grandparents and see if they need anything. My grandma goes through chemotherapy every week, and today should be one of here good days. I'm going to see if she needs anything done.

Talk with you all later
Marti
Old 11-04-2003, 08:43 PM   #15  

Default Oh Angie-- Marti---

83 degrees Baby!!!! LOL I'm gonna pay for that meaness- the temp is only going to be up to 67 and raining tomorrow. *sigh* I guess I need to put away the bikini.

Thanks for all the congrats girls. I don't think I deserve them- I started cutting back on carbs last week, but I didn't think I did that good. Oh well, I am grateful for the loss. I have one more bottle of water to go for today (it's in the freezer) and then I am done with my goals for the day. I can't believe how easy this has been. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop or something. I have absolutely NO cravings. It's wierd. But I did have to add a snack. I think my blood sugar was dropping and I felt so draggy this afternoon. They say that you do that for a few days while your body adjusts to not having an endless supply of carbs. I hope it hurries up and corrects itself. (AND I hope the authors are right and I don't gain instead of losing like they promised. )

Cristi- Yoo Hoo! You can come over here too. I got a ton of stuff that needs ironing. (Of course, you'll have to dig it out of Mount Washmore first. )

Marti- How is DD? Hope she is well. Are they performing at the mall tonight? What is your grandmother's prognosis? Has she been in chemo long? Extra for her. Listen, I know that you are aware of all of the reasons for quitting smoking. But please take it from me- being unable to breathe is not a fun thing. I have never smoked but I have asthma. I can't walk very far or adjust to extreme temperatures without coughing my head off. My SIL's mother smoked for years and now she has an oxygen tank. I know it's not easy- I would come sooner to cutting off my big toe as to give up chocolate- but you want to be around for DH and DD. So now off my . And back to the humor--- Are you sure your legs are sore from the squats-- or are you not telling us everything about the snuggling part?

Natalie- I will send the Whoosh Fairy right over. What have you been doing? Maybe you could shake your diet up a little. How long have you been dieting? Let us know and we will brainstorm. (Or in my case Brain Fart! )

Angie- Sorry about the day! Well, look on the bright side- as long as the lights were out, you couldn't see the electrician's butt crack that I know was showing. Did they find the one's who broke into your SIL's? I hope the boys are doing better.

Hey to everyone else! Night y'all!
Closed Thread