Old 08-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

This is going to be one very tiring and long week for me. Today is our Humane Society fundraiser that I chair. I will spend the day sitting outside in the parking lot of our local grocery store manning the table. Already I have received an email this morning - I can't remember when I am working and what I'm supposed to do. I sent out emails to everyone not even a week ago (so they'd be recent) explaining all of that... but I guess it's easier to ask me. Again. and Again. One old guy refused to answer my 3 phone calls to him because he didn't know who I was even though I clearly identified who I was, why I was calling and why I needed him to return my call. On top of that I got the most AWFUL sleep last night. Don't know why but I was up most of the night with an annoying dry tickle cough. So I'd get up and get a drink of water and 35 minutes later I'd wake up having to go to the bathroom. If I did manage to fall asleep I'd wake up having actual nightmares. A couple of times my chest hurt so much I was actually concerned. I don't think I got 2 full hours of sleep last night. It's going to be a LONG day. Tomorrow I have to myself but I need to work on getting the refrigerator cleaned out as much as possible. DH is planning on pulling away the fridge and stove so we can clean out behind there. Ugh, that will be a treat Then the week is booked solid until Saturday. And I keep looking at the garage going ... I HAVE to go through these boxes because it's going to get cold soon in the blink of an eye and will be too cold to go through the garage. I think I am going to take this month off from the Thrift Shop again and focus on home as much as possible. The cable snapped on the garage door when we were leaving the other day. DH called 2 places - one guy said we don't have to replace the door - he can probably fix it which was nice. He's coming on Wednesday.

Susie - yay for the hair refresh. I know what you mean about feeling good about that - especially when they style it nicely that I can never seem to recreate. The Root Beer Stand sounds fabulous. What a treat! We very much enjoyed our trip to - yes Laura it was Portillos. Last night we had mostaccioli and salad that we brought back. It was delicious. That's funny about DH and his toes - mine was talking about something yesterday and I was laughing about "men's simple solutions to life's problems" kind of similar in vein to your hubby and his growing toenails. I guess it's good that we are around to temper and tame them a bit. We had a whole house fan when we lived in Chicago. It was wonderful. We had a ranch style house - one level plus basement. DH installed the fan in the hallway ceiling. It would pull the air through the house and vent it into the roof/attic area. This was great when the brick house would heat up during the summer days and when it cooled down outside at night, the brick would retain the heat and not cool off. Just open a few windows, turn on the fan and it would suck all the cool air into the house and blow out the hot stuff. It was also good as a sometimes super air exhaust if you burned something on the stove and needed to get the smell or smoke cleared out quickly. I loved it. But it seems to work better in a single story house and none of ours after that fit the bill.

Yikes Laura - 50th floor in the Willis Building. I hope they don't have fire drills Yeah, I would have to be looking for another job I don't like elevators any more at all. Did you have a nice relaxing weekend at home? I used to keep all sorts of paper records like you did and now like you suggested, I keep a Word doc with a chronological list of when we did what so I can refer back to it. I only keep the receipt for as long as I might need it to dispute a problem. Much tidier that way because those little bits of paper sure add up.

Hellos to Annie, Shad and Ceejay I need to get showered up and gather my things and get out there on time today. Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Here is it Monday...did I even sleep? I say work 2 days off 5...same pay. Dream on.

Sassy did very well over the weekend. Finally pooed a couple of times. She only tried to bite me once when giving her meds. Don't blame her either. She is getting fiestier every day. She LOVES her new script dog food. Still has to wear her "cone hat". She is not a fan but don't want her to chew her stitches out. THank you for all that asked about her.

Had my PT this morning. My shoulder and range is not that bad. Of all the exercises they had only two apply to me due to my range being good. Excited about that. Don't even go back for anything. My check up with the doc is in September.

I will come back later for personal as I was late getting here due to PT>

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #108  
Annie - Indiana

Made it back for a minute.

SHADDIE...the tiles and such look to be a great new look. I like them. Wish I had garden goodies. Nope. Got 3 tomatos of my potted plants. Couldn't keep ROYCE from picking them too early. I pulled them out of the pot and pitched them.

HAPPY...how did the fundraiser turn out. You did it on a Monday? Seems like a weekend would be more profitable, but then again it is kind of a retirement area. I dream every night. Not nightmares so to speak but always about dead loved ones. Do you think they are trying to call me home? lol. Just because LAURA had garage door issues doesn't mean you have too.

SUSIE...you will be back on the lossing track in no time. OMGosh, the Cone and the Rootbeer stand sound very bad to me. I would have to detour from that. If I got another Fitbit (Sam is using mine) I don't think I would pay the extra for the HR. Never used it, of course I never exercise. bahahaha.

HAPPY...I feel like the minute I would throw bill receipts away that would be the minute I would need them. Who knows when to let go? Floor 50 just sounds too scary to me. Too many things can happen that high up, ESPECIALLY if I were on that floor.

Hello to all...got to get back at it. No rest for the WICKED...
Old 08-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #109  

Afternoon all. The day has flown by so far. It’s an in-house vacation day as Annie calls it because the boss taking a vacation day.

Susie – Good you’ve got dh on track with his feet and toenails, lol. My bf is very fastidious with his toenails and has great feet, but he still doesn’t like wearing sandals that expose his toes. He wears fisherman sandals that cover his toes, and if we’re going by a pool or beach, he’d wear some water sandals, but that’s it. == Did you get your new fitbit set up? = Your trip to the Root Beer Stand has me wanting a root beer float! == I don’t think my state has a tax-free day for school supplies/clothing, but Kohl’s had a tax-free sale over the weekend. I got over there and bought a couple things, but I wasn’t doing any serious shopping. It’s not my favorite thing to do. == Re the whole house fan - I should correct myself: we don’t have a whole-house fan like Happy described. What I meant was the fan that’s part of our HVAC system. Our smart thermostat has a setting in which the fan can be set to run anywhere from 0 – 60 minutes per hour. (If you have a traditional thermostat, you can only have the fan set to “on” or “auto”.) It pulls air in through the intake of our HVAC system, so it helps bring in fresh/cooler air and also keeps air circulating. It’s not powerful like a dedicated whole house fan, but it certainly helps. == Good luck with your foot appointment.

Happy – I hope your fundraiser is going well. I’m worried that your busy volunteer schedule is stressing you out and giving you anxiety, insomnia, chest pain, and nightmares!! Yes, take another month off from the thrift shop and try to slow down and focus on your garage and home. == Oh, re the garage door – no, don’t think the entire door gets replaced when a cable or spring fails. == Glad you enjoyed Portillo’s, though from the fb posts, it sounded like a real zoo! We have that at the ones here too, but we don’t go there all that often, and we tend to go at off times so we don’t run into the crowds. == Re the whole house fan, my mother had one in her house and my sister would joke that if you had a cat or small child you’d have to be careful they didn’t get sucked up into it, LOL.

Annie – I hope you caught up on your sleep this weekend after last week’s nursing of Miss Sassy. I’m glad she’s doing well. = Your PT sounds like it’s minimal. Do you have to do the exercises on your own at home now? == Too bad about your veg garden. I’ve kind of lost interest in mine. I didn’t check it at all this weekend…might have some cherry tomatoes to pick. And it probably needs some watering!!

Hellos to Shad and Ceejay.

==

On Saturday evening, friends came over to hang out for bf’s birthday, so we spent some time cleaning/preparing for that during the day. It was a beautiful night, and it was a nice time. One friend announced she’s going to retire in March. I think she’ll be 59. In the meantime, she’s going to go down to four days a week. Good for her. I admit I’m a bit envious, as I’ve got a ways to go yet… If I could assume my pension and SS were going to be there in the amounts that are currently calculated, I would feel comfortable retiring sooner rather than later, but there’s too much uncertainty for me to take that chance. Especially with the buttheads we have running the country right now! So I’ll continue to work and save.

BF gave me a pass on going to the family party on Sunday, so I stayed home and slothed for a lot of the day. I did a load of laundry. Phone my mother. Popped over to Kohl’s - I ended up with a top and some more undies. Got all of it for under $14 since I had a 30% off coupon and also got 10% off for sales tax. == I watched a few episodes of the new Twin Peaks series - boy is it strange. But of course I’ll keep watching because so far each episode has a scene or two with the characters from the old series and I like the nostalgia factor.

Tonight I’ll take bf out for dinner for his birthday. Otherwise, that’s about it for me.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:09 AM   #110  
Annie - Indiana

Hey all...just gonna say it....life after 50 to 55 kind of sucks health wise. This that and the other always needing attention. No real reason to rant just came to me this morning.

Mmmmm, last night I made Keto "fried" baked chicken. Zucchini sauteed in butter, then drained and cheese melted on top. Also made mixed veggies. Of course all loved dinner. I am making chicken salad with the leftover chicken tonight. Have I mentioned lately that I love my KETO way of eating? lol, I brought BPC-bullet proof coffee this morning for another gal that wants to try keto. She is going to give it a shot. I also brought her a piece of last night's chicken.

LAURA...Happy birthday to BF! Where did you go for dinner? Somewhere yummy I hope. Does he have a favorite place? Pensions and SS. Can never tell so just live for today, one day at a time. Heck we may not make it to retirement.

Hey to all, Hugs
Old 08-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #111  

Morning all.

Annie – How did the Keto coffee go over with the co-worker? == Your dinner sounded tasty. Back in the olden days, bf & I used to eat more chicken than we do now – bf loved it. He loved the boxes of frozen Banquet fried chicken parts that were heated in the oven. Anyone remember those?? I wasn’t a fan, but I guess it was sort of a bachelor holdover for him. I also used to do breaded bone-in chicken baked in the oven. Not as much home cookin’ going on now and we’re more likely to have boneless/skinless marinated chicken breasts – or Costco rotisserie chicken or Popeye’s. Sigh. == Bf and I went to a restaurant called Big Bowl, which has different types of Asian food. Very good. He had a Thai shrimp and scallops dish and I had Sichuan beef. Yummy. We used a gift card we bought from the last lab rescue auction to pay for most of it. If money were no object, bf would probably choose a good seafood restaurant. There’s a place here called Bob Chinn’s that we love. Just don’t get there very often. Maybe if we cooked more at home, we could spend the money we usually spend on run-of-the-mill restaurant meals and carryout on an occasional splurge at a nicer restaurant.

Hellos to the rest of you! Happy, how did the fundraiser go? Better rest up today so you can get through the rest of your busy week!!

==
Nothing much else to report. Tonight’s aqua fit class and that’s about it.

Hellos to the rest of you.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #112  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was busy at work (what else is new?!) and then last night was the finale of the Bachelorate. My "across the backyard" neighbor came over and we watched it together. Neither one of us were crazy about her pick; seems like an OK guy but just didn't thrill us.

I didn't get my workout in last night before the show as I put a salad together for dinner so we could eat and watch the show; she brought dessert...a fresh peach pie. I had a small piece and it was wonderful.

I just ran some errands on my lunch hour and went to Lens Crafters DH thought he had a scratch on one of the lens on his glasses It does appear to be so. They told me they would text me when they were finished but it could be an hour. I told them I would be back around 5.

Lens Crafters is right next to "Play it again Sports". I always want to go in there and just don't go, but today was the day. I am looking to start doing some weight workouts. They sell their used weights for 20 cents a pound. I think that is a really good price. I couldn't remember if I had 10 lb ones at home so I'm going to look and then Friday I plan to go buy a set of 10, 12, 15 and DH wants a set of $25.

Happy: How did the fundraiser go? Thanks for the info on the whole house fan, it sounds like ours. We have a ranch style home. I think I remember them telling me that before I turn it on, I need to open a window or it could blow out the pilot light to the gas water heater. Does that sound familiar?

Annie: I know a lot of people who are trying to Keto. When it comes to losing weight and dieting, my theory is "the one you will follow is the best one for you". I'm so glad you found one you love and made it a lifestyle for you.

I haven't heard you say much about AA; how are things going there?

Laura: It sounds like you had a very nice dinner for BF's birthday and it was nice you were able to just take some time for yourself on Sunday.

Hi to Ceejay and to Shad. I must get back to work. See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #113  
Choose your hard

Good morning to you Worldies,

Survived the Tag Day Fundraiser yesterday. Did not fall asleep at the table. We made a bit more than $4400 in cash and had a child's sand bucket about 1/3 filled with all sorts of coins so I'm guessing the end total was around $4700. Not bad for a day's worth of work begging on the streets. We did get our fair share of "No thanks" - about a third. I did notice that every single tattoed over made up wierd hair colored teenaged girl sluffing along in flip flops with her travelling pack of friends consistently either said no or ignored us. Whereas the college-aged guys in for a beer run were always good for at least a buck. For all of those who said no or ignored us - there were plenty who threw in 5, 10 or even 20 dollars (we were out on the streets begging for donations with bright pink plastic buckets (our signature colors are hot pink and black). You can sort of tell who is going to ignore you but then again you never know - one guy I would describe as the living caricature of Popeye the Sailor Man's dad - all he was missing was the pipe in his mouth we approached and I thought for sure he'd say no. He kind of ignored us, walked into the store, turned around and came out and gave us a few bucks. And then on his way out (we were set up in front of a grocery store) he gave us another $5. So you can't always peg them from looks. Famous Dave of Famous Dave's BBQ who lives here walked in with his head down on a mission to pick up something at the store. I hollered out to him "Hey Dave - give me some money for the shelter or I will be forced to convert to a vegetarian in protest". I don't know if he laughed but he did make a nice donation. I also shamelessly shook down the local newspaper editor. You have to get out there and ask people. Some of the volunteers are really shy - anyone who does this deserves a medal as it is SUPER HARD to ask people for money. Some of our more "out there" seasoned veterans are fun to watch. A few people have developed some interesting techniques over the years. I'm glad it's done for the year. I just have to write some thank you articles, pack up the stuff and order more stickers as we almost ran out of stickers - we give them to people when they give us a donation. I thought 2,000 stickers would be enough - we went through all but about 100 of them. Today I am home to myself. I have lots to do here. Next week my appliances come on Monday - I have a big clean up to do in the kitchen - might as well do a deep clean!

Annie - from my own personal experience I would say that yes, we hit a bit of a health bump at mid 40's - usually the near vision goes on the eyes. The 50's we don't recover as well as we once used to and we start to notice things wearing out. But it REALLY hits in the 60s. The aches and pains go up substantially. And then it seems when you get to your 80's that's when you really have some issues - some fixable, many you just have to deal with. I think the lesson is to take care of yourself as much as you can to avoid as much as possible later on. I spend the first 90 minutes of my shift yesterday sitting with my friend and former cohort at the shop. She started keto 3 weeks ago and LOVES it. She noticed the same thing you did Annie - feel better, less bloating, sharper mind and has managed to lose 10 of the 12 pounds she gained over the winter and was struggling to get off. Like you, she said it's very little effort and she was able to make little adjustments to tweak the program. Of course unlike me she has no problem with eating sugar free substitutes although she said she mostly sticks with meat and vegetables. I am still trying to wrap my head around it but I have to do something. Actually you are right about not making it to retirement. There is a balance to be achieved - you don't want to "run out of money" - that's the biggest issue. If you are like us - no kids - you don't want to deny yourselves and then leave a pile to someone else to squander so you cautiously spend a bit and try to enjoy life before that brick knocks you on your keester. And for alot of people who do have children - I see more and more people who deny themselves and give most of it to their kids. I'm not saying that is wrong but I think they go overboard on the coddling. When your son is in his 40's and continuously gets DUI's and loses his drivers license - is it your responsibility to be his "taxi" and drive him to and from his job or are you just enabling him to get another DUI without consequence? I know my Mom would help me out ONCE and after the second one, she'd buy me a bicycle and tell me to go figure it out. Another person I know is spending her retirement money (and her husband's which is a great source of contention) on her growing brood of grandkids - many of which are popping out babies at 13 and 14 years old!!! Help them but also teach them to help themselves because after all, we all worked hard for our money, we have a right to enjoy it too. Ok end of soapbox. Sorry. I'm glad to hear that Sassy is doing better even if she still wears the cone of shame. When do the stitches heal / come out?

Laura - thanks for the clarification on the whole house fan. In Memphis we had a fan put in that would periodically run and clear the heat out of the roof area because it would get so hot down there (so bad that we could not keep certain items like Christmas candles in the attic or they would melt as I sadly learned). Here in this house we have an "air exchanger" you can push a button to get it to run or it runs on it's own and recirculates the air which is nice. I think it's great to get some fresh air in the house - too much exposure to chemicals in the home and especially the office environment. Yes, I agree with you - I am suffering from volunteer overload I think. I will try and trim back for the next 2 months to enjoy the last of summer and autumn. Where did you wind up going for BF's birthday dinner?

That's funny - well really it isn't - that one person (maybe Annie) had an issue with a pet and we all followed suit. Then Laura had a problem with her garage door and ... well the rest of you - watch your garage doors

I'd better get off the computer and get busy here - the guy just came to fix the hot tub and I have laundry to start. Have a good day all - hellos to the rest of the chicks
Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #114  
Choose your hard

Bob Chinn's oh I love me some Bob Chinn's - been years since I had any.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #115  
Choose your hard

Yes Susie - that is absolutely right about making sure you open a window when running the whole house fan. Something too about pulling gas through the house - not a good thing. It's supposed to recirculate the air and that means giving it a good air flow. Yay for you on getting a good price for the weights - that's a great addition to your workout program!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Evening chicks.
I've had a busy couple of days. Church was Sunday morning and afterwards helped to decorate for the teachers appreciation day. Spent the night with sis and bil to help with the teachers luncheon on Monday. I was bushed when I got home. One of the ladies texted me this morning and told me to take it easy for the day and I did this morning.
I went to the gym and work out for 45 minutes this afternoon, 20 minutes on the treadmill and 30 on the recumbent bike. And also did some weight machines.
Sis called and she is sick with a head cold. She's going to tough it out and go to work. They've sent her home before so I'm hoping they do that tomorrow. I told her she shouldn't be passing that on to her patients. I think that's where she has caught this in the first place.

--------
Happy
That's great that you raised that much money. I didn't realize that Dave from famous Dave's was from your area.

I'm not to chatty lately so I'll go back and read then post personals later on.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Hidee Ho and Good Morning/Evening All....

One America sign: If you wear cowboy clothes does that make you ranch dressing? bah. Last week it was: If every day is a gift, today must me socks. Took me a minute on that one. We tend to get a LOT of socks for Christmas. Big gift.

Last night was chicken salad made with the leftover baked "fried" chicken. YUM. I made fresh cauliflower with butter and cheese. Big hit in our house. All Keto food. I ate mine on lettuce. C on toast. Sam just plain on the plate. Royce even ate a bit. Of course Jacob turned his nose up. He ate chicken nuggets. Sam cleaned the kitchen. Tadah!

We had an older washer/dryer set from Cs rental that Sam advertised on line and sold for 100 bucks. I guess C told her she could have the $$ from it. I told him to stop doing that. He is such a b**B. He has no idea the life of paying bills. I may just give him a dose of it right in the ole kisser. Frustrating as heck.

CEEG...great job on exercising. Sorry to hear about sis being sick. Feel better soon!

HAPPY...we had one of those fans in the ceiling when we lived out in the stix of Putnam county. It actually made the house cold sometimes. Oh Geez did you have to mention the 60s health issues. That is my next stop in 3 years. lol I, like you, could not wrap my head around the KETO WOE before I started it. I mean who intentionally eats FATs? HOWEVER, once I just jumped in and started eating keto, it was so easy and very adaptable to me. Now I live by it. Swear by it. I had to take my head out of the equation, haha, to get with the program. Easily done, blonde you know. My neck has not hurt since I started this woe. Plus a lot of other parts are doing better. I did add a packet of clear gelatin to my coffee each morning. Supposed to help with joints and ole arthur. I noticed yesterday I could go down 6 stair steps the regular way without pain. It is a start. Couldn't do one before that. Might be all in my head but wutev. How is Meadow doing? Sassy is doing better each day. She gets her stitches out on the 15th. Great job on the fundraiser, now rest woman!!

SUSIE...20 cents a lb on weights is cheap. Good on you for adding extra to your exercise program. We used to get the kids sports equipment at Play It Again Sports. Not all of it but the items that are safe to use second hand. How do you count the nutrition in the peach pie when it is homemade? Do you even count it at all? AA is great. The pitch in pool party for last Saturday got moved to this Saturday as the host lady's aunt passed on Friday night. Looking forward to it.

LAURA...the co-worker loved the coffee and the chicken I brought her. I think she did well the day before too. Hopefully she can adapt. And yet another gal is jumping on the Keto wagon as well. She was going to start today. I gave her a sample of the coffee. She liked it also. I would probably like the Big Bowl place too, I like Asian food. Don't know what I would eat there, but I am sure I could find something. How was aqua fit class?

Hello's to the rest of ya's.

Hugs
Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #118  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickies,

Sad news. Momma turkey who just had those adorable little peeper chicks is down from an original 6 babies to only 3 this morning. I wonder if she brought them out into the world too young. They are so tiny and vulnerable although she will fight like the dickens to protect them. Makes me sad. Whereas the other Momma who is mom to the 8 teenaged turkeys only lost one of her brood.

Man came to fix the hot tub yesterday. Easy peasy replacement of a part in and out. Works great. Man is coming today to look at the broken garage door. I don't know why DH was thinking they needed to be replaced other than the guy who did our 3 season room also replaces garage doors and told him they needed it. I hope it's an easy fix. We are rebuilding this house piece by piece.

Today I work at the senior center for 5 hours. Tomorrow I was supposed to work at the Thrift Shop to help someone but that got switched to next week which works out better for me. I did some cleaning yesterday but also sat on the deck in the sun for about an hour soaking up some vitamin D. It was nice.

Annie - everything you say and I hear points to Keto being the way to go. It's just that I guess I am a sugarholic. And this would be such a drastic change for me. For example - my morning coffee - I only have one - I take with flavored creamer. I like the cream more than the sugar so I could adjust to that but it's an adjustment. Tonight for dinner we are having the ribs from Portillos. But I could not eat them on Keto because of the sweet BBQ sauce. I have coleslaw - also has sugar in it and I don't like the vinegar based slaws which are too also made with sugar. Most all of the Lean Cuisine's I eat for lunch have breading or a no no starch in them. Ditto on deli sandwiches. I'd have to give up the fruit I love. Did I say I love fruit??? No more peanut butter on fresh apple slices for a quick snack? And although I rarely eat cookies and such, the minute I can't have them, I want them. And we didn't even scratch the surface of giving up my Coca Cola habit. But then again, maybe this is why I'm fat. Actually I am trying to wrap my head around this as you say. It can be done.

So... I smiled at the comment about C giving S the money for the sale of the appliances. Were you referring to keeping the money to pay off your own bills? Good heart, not always the best decisions... Love your One America signs - please keep sharing. I like them way better than those songs you pop in my head that stay with me all day Oh I am glad to hear that you are still having that pool party. I thought they had nixed the idea. I keep wanting to ask you something but it keeps flying out of my head. Nothing new on that one...

Ceejay - yes the original very first Famous Dave's restaurant was located in my town. Burned down in a tragic fire 2 maybe 3 years ago. He opened a new franchise of bbq places - Memphis style bbq. See I will never be able to get away from Memphis for the rest of my life. But he tools around town here - we see him all the time. He's actually kind of shy. I smile at how you have filled your retired life up with lots of activities. See how easy it is to do? And isn't it wonderful doing things that are fun?

Susie - were you at one time looking to change paths in your career at work or was that with a different manager that you felt was stifling you? Just a wisp from the past, I can't remember the specifics. Things going well now then?

Laura - that's funny you mentioned the Banquet frozen chicken. DH loved that too. Me not so much - I'd eat all the side dishes and give him the meat. It did make for an easy to put together meal. I have never eaten at Big Bowl. I think that went in just before we moved out and we never got a chance to try it although I do love those sorts of places. But Bob Chinn's oh how I loved that place. I remember once when I was working downtown a goofy buddy of ours ordered food from Bob Chinn's for us for dinner - we were working a very long weekend disaster recovery exercise. He felt we deserved a good meal for all of our hard work. My boss almost fainted when he saw the bill. He was thinking Carl would have ordered Mc Donalds for us. Are you going to use up your punch card with the aqua fit classes and then move on to something else at home?

Hey Shad, how's the renovations coming along???

I'd better get off the computer now. I can get a few things done before I have to leave for the senior center. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...I get giving up favorite things. I don't crave popcorn, but I could eat a wheelbarrow full of popcorn from the movies or at least a belly full. I guess it is all in what you want more in life. Sugar or healthiness. Right now you want sugar and I get that too. Look how long I beeeeacccched about losing weight and getting healthy before I actually went with it? AND truly, once you give sugar/carbs etc up completely, you no longer crave them. The BPC also keeps you full, no cravings as does the fat you eat. I guess a lot of it is mind over matter....or something like that. The pool party was brought back as the gal that had the liner leak in her pool got it fixed easily. So the pool party is back on. Probably be too chilly to swim this weekend anyway. May just chat around and eat keto. My son is supposed to come up on Saturday so I probably won't stay too long. We are still doing O'Charley's on the eve of 22nd. I mean why not? Right? Glad we are as I love their planked salmon baked, grilled asparagus and salad. Making my mouth water as I typed that one. Aww poor turkey momma. That makes me sad. It is ok if they go out on their own, it is another to think they might of been food. Sam always says, Mom it is the circle of life. Bah on her. We had about 8 baby ducklings, half grown, beyond our fence toward the pond area last night. I threw some out of date cinnamon raisin bread and dinner rolls to them. They all went nuts. Of course it wasn't too much time before the big ole geese arrived to fight over it. The geese don't even run anymore when Bruno takes charge to the fence barking his head off. They just look at him and laugh (squack). Me thinks he has just about given up on that idea. I guess if you don't run no one will chase you. lol. Hugs dear sister.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #120  

Morning all.

Susie – You’re going for the heavy weights! My collection of dumbbells/hand weights ranges from pairs of 1-pound to 8-pounds. And I also have a couple light kettlebells – I think they are 5- and 7-pounds. Wimpy, lol. And I have a weighted body bar that I believe is 12 pounds. Anyway, sounds like a great price for those weights. They sure don't need to be new.

Happy – Great result from the fundraiser. I suppose after a while even the quiet folks would get more comfortable asking for donations. The worst that could really happen is they could ignore you. == Re kids being coddled, I do appreciate (now) that my parents didn’t do that. I grew up to be a self-sufficient person and not expecting anything to be handed to me. As a kid, I resented that I wouldn’t get rides from them to go by a friend’s house and that’s when I biked or bused it. I sure as heck didn’t get everything I wanted. They did, however, help with important stuff. As an adult, money was loaned, not gifted. == Sad to think about the momma turkeys losing their chicks. That's the reason I rarely watch nature shows - the reality is too sad. == Glad the hot tub fix was easy. Good luck re the garage door repair. == Agree with you re coming to terms with how Keto would work for me. I’m never keen on cutting out entire types of foods, but in the instance of sugary sweets, it might be a relief to just give them up altogether - those “red flag” (does WW still use that lingo??) foods I shouldn’t keep in the house because I can’t control yourself around them. I(Maybe the penny per ounce soda tax will be a good thing for me, LOL). But I'm not sure I'd ever be a "purist" in any eating plan. I just can't get concerned about one mug of tea per day with some sugar or artificial sweetener in it. The gobs of sugary sweets I consume is a whole 'nother matter though. == Funny Bob Chinn story – that certainly was a good meal for all your hard work!!

Ceejay – Keeping busy and out of trouble, that’s a good thing! Great job on the exercise! Do you wonder how you ever had time to work full-time?? == Hope your sister feels better soon. I should think that’s the big occupational risk in her line of work.

Annie – Love those One America’s sign sayings/jokes. I decided to look that up and found this:

https://www.oneamerica.com/about-us/...nity/signboard

It also said you could follow the sign on twitter or linkedin, but who wants to do that (not me), so you can just keep posting them here for us to enjoy. == Re C giving S the money from selling the washer/dryer…pretty generous of him, but he needs to remember that charity does begin at home, LOL. But I can see how that could get muddied in his mind as S is in your home, lol. “He has no idea the life of paying bills.” Same in our house – some days I just want to post a giant whiteboard listing all the monthly expenses to make bf more aware of where all the $$ go. Sure he’s aware of the cost of the home maint./improvements and car repairs because he takes care of almost all of that, but the routine expenses, nope. I quietly pay them and only complain when the cable company decides to jack up our bill yet again, so most of the time he’s clueless about the cash flow. == Glad the pool party is back on!

Hello to Shad!!
--
Nothing much to report. Good aqua fit class last night, but I’m still happy I only have two classes left on the pass. Not my favorite way to exercise, and more pre- and post-work involved in making sure the swimsuit and water shoes are ready to go for the next class – i.e., soaked, rinsed, dried. And then there’s shaving, LOL. Like anyone cares... Anyway, the fall park district catalog should be arriving this week and I’ll check out the classes available, but there usually isn’t much change. For now, I think I’ll go back to exercising at home. I’ve built up a good collection of workout dvd’s and would like to get back to those. And I can easily modify for my foot issue.

Okay, many interruptions later, I’m finally getting this posted. Have a good day everyone.