Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

LAURA...we received the new agenda over the weekend for our meeting in CHI.

Looks like we will not be done until 2:30 CST. Do you still want to meet for a minute to say HI or take a pass on this time? I am game for whatever we decide.

8:30am -2:30pm Day Two Session:
• Welcome
• Managing Opportunities, continued (Updating Opportunity, Proposal Letter, CEI)
• Break (15 min)
• Managing Opportunities, continued (Application Package, Workbook, CRE Comparison Tool)
• Viewing Reports and Dashboards
• Break/Lunch (15 min)
• Working in Salesforce Production (PRD)
• Mobile functionality review

Let me know>Annie
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #32  
Annie - Indiana

Here is the recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits. If I say KETO biscuits, I just mean it is keto friendly and I can eat.

Zesty Cheddar Biscuits
Yield: 6 biscuits I made 7. Two net carbs per biscuit. Quite Yummy!
Ingredients

3 eggs
1/3 cup of coconut flour
6 oz sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup butter, melted (1 tablespoon reserved for brushing after)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt and pepper
Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and butter until evenly distributed.
Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until there are no lumps.
Fold in the cheese and green onion.
Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for about 13 minutes until the edges of the biscuits are brown and the tops are golden.
Brush top with additional melted butter out of the oven.
Cool for at least a half hour. These will get even more dense if they are left on the counter for a couple of hours.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

OK let's see. Nothing really too exciting on the weekend. Meeting and church. The rest of the weekend was mostly chores. Cleaning, laundry, cooking. I did spend some time out in the yard yesterday killing weeds and giving away decorative stone we no longer need. I posted it as free on our neighborhood site and boom they were gone, all 50-60 of them in an hour. lol. Adios that mess of stone stacked on the side of the house.

Samantha going to be in a marathon with our church. She is gearing up now. I get her up when I get up and she runs. She made it 2.11 miles today. On her walk days, I am trying to walk with her. I have only made it one day because of rain coming in about the time we are to go. This is her second week of practice. I think the marathon is in October. Half marathon that is. She is trying to get sponsors as the $$ will got to countries that need fresh water sources installed. Kind of proud of her for doing this.

Will come back for personals. Monday morning Mess,
Old 07-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Just realized reading Annie's post that it's Monday - not still the weekend.

Anne - that's great that you got rid of that stone. I'm sure someone would be delighted to have it. DH is trying to find more of a 12 by 12 stone they put in when they built the house (15 years ago). It's typical square BUT he wants it in the dark charcoal color we have - all they have now is the standard "cement gray". So a find like you gave away would be fantastic to someone I'm sure. Thank you for the biscuit recipe - coconut flour - ah that makes it keto. I have some of that may give it a try. Haven't had those buns in ages. Yay for Sam for the marathon training - great cause and running will tighten up her body. I hope you can meet up with Laura after your conference. So you are driving back home then? Eek through Chicago traffic

Shad - good to hear from you - glad you are out being busy and living life and not stuck in some queue waiting to hear more on your pension Halfway through winter for you - making plans for the spring plantings?

Laura - ugh on the tax increase. Our state tax is staggered like federal so I think we still pay more on average. BUT you have all those ridiculous added taxes and fees for things like beverages and such so you are really getting hit up hard. How did the masonry come out or are they still working on it? Good luck at the dentist today. Did your shepard's hook fall over because of the weight of plant baskets?

I need to jump in the shower and get ready. We are going stove shopping and will stop at Sam's Club and get some more of that chia/sunflower/coconut snack mix. Even DH likes it - nice and crunchy and not too bad for you. But it's a ridiculous shipping cost for both Sam's and Amazon so I will pick up a few bags while we are up there. Yesterday we went for an ATV ride and got breakfast. I drove the ATV for the first time (we got it in 2014) There were a few hair raising moments. DH decided to let me drive on a very rugged trail. A few times I thought we were going to tip over. But we didn't. It's alot like learning how to drive a car. You just have to get in there and do it. I'm sure he watched me and the road more than looking out the side and into the woods like he wanted to Afterwards we just puttered at home. I did cleaning and such and he sanded some of the hail chinks out of the deck and restained the stairs.

Hello Susie - hope you had a good weekend. I'm off to get ready. Enjoy the day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...I believe Bruno is all better now. I really think he just ate too much and then was upset from the thunderstorms so he just crapped himself. Don't think it was heat related. Sometimes we forget to watch both dogs and he tends to eat Sassy's food and vice versa. Bruno eats all of his 3 bowls a day, normally but Sassy eats on one bowl for days. If we leave her food down, Bruno scarfs it up in about 15 seconds. He must think it is appetizers. Sassy will sneak over when B is not watching and grab a few of his kibbles. BPC-bullet proof coffee, yes indeed I think it is better than regular java. All of it tastes the same to me, but the benefit I get from it is the energy it gives me for the most part of the day and I am NEVER hungry. Usually short term fasting. Dinner to dinner, with no snacking. Sometimes I will eat a small salad at lunch just to get thing moving. The CHI business trip is a two day-er. Staying over on the 25th coming home after 2:30 on the 26th. We will be staying at the Kimpton Gray hotel. I still need to google it as I know nothing about it. The farm tour sounded like fun. I really enjoy things like that. Let's just say you had me at "cheese". lol. Glad you made it through your ATV driving experience all in one piece. Pretty brave on your part. Kudos.

Hello's to the rest of you, geez I am a busy beaver today. Hugs all.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #36  

Morning all. Happy Monday. Lovely day here, a bit cooler.

Shad – Glad all is well and you’re keeping busy. Enjoy! How's Sunday the cat doing these days?

Happy – The farm tour sounded interesting! I can’t say I’ve had much exposure to anything like that except maybe the farm-in-the-zoo at Lincoln Park Zoo, eons ago, LOL. BTW, Chicago has a really big hydroponic farm in Bedford Park. Probably the way it will be going forward if farmland keeps getting bought up by developers… == The county’s beverage tax was challenged in court, so we’ve escaped that for the time being. So crazy – 1 cent per ounce! The greed is unbelievable. == Nice you got out on the ATV and were in the driver’s seat! Enjoy it some before you sell it – or maybe you’ll decide to keep it after all. == The masons actually finished very quickly, and they did a beautiful job. I’ll have to take a photo of our pristine new limestone sill block. Now I’m anxious to get the new entry door installed. -- The hanging planters on the shepherd’s hook were very heavy with water because of all the rain we’d gotten that one night last week. I took them off the hooks to let them dry out a bit. But I think part of the reason the hook fell over was that I had it stuck in the ground where there was a lot of mulch on top of the soil and the mulch wasn’t as stable of a surface to put it in as dirt. I might push away the mulch and re-insert the hook to ensure it’s in stable ground before I hang the planters back up. == Have fun stove shopping. I imagine at some point bf and I will take my mom to Abt (that awesome electronics/appliance store) to shop for her new stove.

Annie - Re next week, I know you’ll really want to get on the road back to Indy ASAP after your Day 2 ends, so I understand and leave it up to you. I see they’re only giving you a 15 min. lunch - isn’t that grand. But they’ll probably try to get you out of there earlier if they can... I can certainly duck out of the office around 2:30 for a short time, or whatever time you end up getting let out of there (you can text me). Let me know. We can meet by the WF ATMs in the building lobby for a quick hello, LOL. == Great you got rid of the unwanted rock!! I like seeing things being re-used by someone else. I gave away more day lilies this weekend. == Good for Sam doing the half marathon. Has she done any running in the past? I hope you get more opportunities to walk with her.

Ceejay – So did the riding mower get delivered and get assembled and did you take it for a test drive yet?

Susie – Miss you!! Saw on FB you went to a ballgame – hope you enjoyed it.

==

My weekend was fine. Didn’t start off that great. Took mom shopping Saturday morning. That certainly challenged my patience, temper, and sanity. First off, I think she was trying to scam Walgreens on their points program with some coupon about redeeming 35,000 points for a purchase (some reading glasses she wanted to buy). The coupon didn’t work. I highly doubt she even has that many points, and she admitted to me that she didn’t even know how many points she had. As she gets older I think she wants to be bolder about trying to get away with stuff like that. At least it wasn’t a waste of a trip – I found a sunglass clip to fit my new eyeglasses.

Our next stop was to Aldi where she proceeded to stock up on a LOT of canned goods, 2 bags of oranges, 3 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread, a package of sandwich thins, a loaf of multi-grain bread, and a half dozen boxes of graham crackers. I honestly think she has no intention of ever using her community’s shuttle bus transportation system to shop for only a little at a time. Oh, and at Walmart, while I stopped briefly at the bakery to ask about rye bread (at her request - after buying all that bread at Aldi!!) she disappeared (supposedly she was just going to buy frozen dinners) and I looked all over the place for her. After a while, I used the restroom, picked up a few things of my own, and finally decided to look outside for her. Of course that was where she was, along with probably at least a dozen frozen dinners. Not that she bothered to tell me where she would be, or even come back to look for me after it had been a while. I was so ticked off. We drove home in silence. I hauled all her groceries up to her apartment, and the only satisfaction I had was that her neighbor jokingly asked if she was shopping for two.

I’ve decided I won’t go shopping with her anymore. If she doesn’t want to give me a list and let me shop for her by myself, then so be it. I emailed my sister to tell her she bought a crapload and shouldn’t need to shop anytime soon. I also advised her to check mom’s cabinets, fridge and freezer before taking her shopping again. My sister came back with a perfectly serious response that it was nice I spent time with her and “oh well, I guess she likes to stock up”. Aaargh. I would have liked a bit of commiseration. Oh well, I’ll get over it. I’ll probably continue to take her shopping, but I might just drop her off at a store and wait in the car for her and threaten to just have her paged (she'd hate that) if she isn’t done in the allotted time.

Later in the afternoon, I did some more digging in the flower bed I’m removing. I ended up with about 6-7 more grocery bags full of daylilies. I messaged the woman who had taken them before and she was at the house in a flash to pick them up from the curb. Nice to know they will go to good use. I’m getting close to being done clearing the flower bed. Yay for that.

Yesterday I had to pull out all the weeds alongside the house that I’d killed with weed killer spray a week or so ago. I’ll get out there with the sprayer again before anything growing (nothing much as of yesterday) starts to get tall. I don’t want to have to pull weeds after I’ve killed them!! It should be either/or, right?

Other than that, I spent time on the weekend doing laundry, reading, and watching more “Twin Peaks”. I’m now on episode 12 of 22 of the 2nd season. I’m more than ready to finish that season and move on to the two movies that were made after the original tv show ended, and I’m interested in seeing the new tv series that started a few weeks ago.

Okay, I have to stop rambling and get to work. I’ll probably get a lot done today because the admin is mad at me about something and isn’t talking my ear off like she usually does.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. Last week was just crazy at work. I think it will always be that way. Just some days more than over.

I was dealing with a sinus infection too and after all of those antibodics, you can guess what happened after that. Called and got meds for that too. I think I am getting back to myself

Weight has held steady the past two weeks with vacation and with sickness I will take it. I got back to daily 45 min exercise on Saturday.

I have read the posts and I wont remember all I read but will make a few comments on what I read.

Happy, sounds like you got a cute hair cut!

Annie: size 8 or 10 is awesome! And how nice you have someone who has some clothes you might like. I wanted to tell you I was looking for some apps the other day and say one for the Keto(spelling) way of eating. I have an android phone. I thought you might be interested in it.

Ceejay: have you used the new riding mower yet?

Laura: I hope you and Annie get to meet up. Please get a picture if you do.

Shad: sounds like you are still staying busy. Is your hair getting any longer?

See you all tomorrow!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #38  
Annie - Indiana

The inventor of auto-correct has died...may he restaurant in peace. bahahaha.

Put my leftovers in saran wrap but my plans were foiled.

Will come back in a bit.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

Ok made it back...howdie all....

Last night was leftovers. Sam had momma Annie's fried rice, C had pizza, I had Keto pizza. The kids had chicken fries, like chicken nuggets only in the the shape of fries. Sam colored my hair. Wow 4 weeks sure do fly by fast. I have an appt on Thursday evening for hair cut. Short hair sure does grow fast. I have to trim around my ears at least twice between cuts. Otherwise it gets unruly and I cannot do a thing with the sides. Oh the struggles. Speaking of hair. I read on one of my keto sites that many are saying their gray/white hair is coming in with color roots. So I had Sam check mine and sure enough my white hair in the front had splotches of brown colored roots coming in. Isn't that something? Too sporadic that I still have to color it.

Today is fast day. Only because I have an AA meeting at lunch time then followed by my Tuesday CC. I am down to 166. Only 7 lbs to my final goal. Anything after that will make my face and neck look hideous. I am ok at 159. My total WL is now 28 lbs. since starting KETO. Would you believe I am down 57 lbs since I started here at WF almost 3 yrs ago (Sept will be 3 yrs)? I only want to lose 25 at that time. I really should start exercising....rrrrriiiigggghhhhtttt. I have very fluffy batwings and a fine apron belly. Hmmm, maybe I won't dwell on that and consider those my trophy spots. hahahaha. I would have to save up about 10K to get them removed. Nope not happening. Guess I should play the lottery.

SUSIE...glad to hear your weight has held for the past two weeks. Onward and Upward. Kick some butt girl. Sinus infections are the worst especially when it gives face pain and terrible headaches. Feel better. Thanks for the apps suggestions. The 3 keto sights I am a member of has lots of that information. I am just not an app user much.

LAURA...yep I would like to head on home but want to at least get together for a minute, say hi and snap a quick picture. I will text you on Wed the 26th a time when I know it so we can meet for a minute. Sound good? Cherish your momma. Just saying. Laugh at her antics that annoy you. It will help you get through them without anger. I wonder if the lady that is getting your day lillies is planting them or selling them? The wildflowers that we planted in place of a garden all came up weeds about 4 foot high and no blooms. Just flowering weeds and grass. I think we got screwed on the seeds. SO I sprayed it all with weed and grass killer. Waiting on it to die and pull. Bleh. Wonder what the admin is mad about? She needs to find her joy and not let things/people steal it. Life is too short.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #40  

Hello all.

Susie – Sorry you were dealing with a sinus infection last week. I hope it’s gone now. Between that and the craziness at work, it’s fabulous your weight's stayed steady. Good job!

Annie – Okay, looking forward to meeting up with you next week, even if it’s just for a quick hello. == Yeh the 4 weeks between touch-ups sure go by fast. My hair’s texture seems to have changed. I wonder if the amount of gray I have has increased and that’s why it seems different. It’s always something. Maybe I need to get on that Keto plan to try and reverse the gray… Your WL has been amazing!! You go girl!! And I can’t believe you’re going on 3 years at WF. Time is sure flying by. == Good advice with mom's antics. I better learn to laugh about it because gritting my teeth & getting the BP up is not a good thing for my health! == I think the woman who took the day lilies said her mom uses them to plant at the church or something. Maybe with the next batch I dig, I’ll see if I can sell them. == As for the wildflowers – one person’s weed is another person’s flower… And I guess not all wildflowers are as pretty or colorful as all the ones at the garden center. My mishmash garden bed has some very tall stuff growing in it, including milkweed and what I think turns out to be goldenrod late in the season. Nope, didn't plant those, but they took up residence anyway. Both tower over the phlox, which I consider to be tall flowers. I like the idea of attracting butterflies, but there’s just too much crammed in there. This year I’m letting it all grow, next year – maybe not.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
My dental appointment after work went well. No new issues, everything looks good… however, one old issue is that the first filling I ever got, a silver/amalgam on in a molar in the back, is failing. Because those fillings don’t bond well to the tooth like the “modern” filling materials, it’s allowed bacteria into the cavity and I guess there’s some decay in there now. So it has to be removed and replaced with a new filling. Oh well. I do like my new hygienist and dentist.

I made an appointment for the allergist for next Friday. It’s an early morning appointment and I’ll take a vacation day and plan something summery to do.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #41  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I spent ALL DAY literally ALL DAY yesterday looking for a new stove and refrigerator online. Finally ordered a pair only to find later that DH said it won't fit through the front door. Off by literally a half inch. Then he thought about it - if you removed the door and handles it will easily fit in. What a mess.

I have to go to the Senior Center for a half day today to answer phones. Got out of doing the entire day! I am already late so will check back later this evening. Sorry for the rush.

And Laura - yes as your hair goes grayer you will find that the texture is harder to work with. I have no more bend from a round brush / blow dry because my hair is wirey gray even though it looks blonde from the outside!

Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #42  
Annie - Indiana

What a hot humid day here. Almost glad to be at work in the deep freeze. Got the ole space heater running. 100+ heat index today. Poor C he is going to melt. He said he would rather be in the heat doing what he is doing rather than in an office doing what I do. I just want to be independently wealthy and not do either.

Since I had AA workshop last night, I fixed double cheeseburgers for the group. I passed on them. Also sauteed up some yellow and zucchini squash. Kale salad on the side. I ate the squash and salad. Very yummy. I probably ate enough squash to equal an entire squash myself. Workshop was great. We just have a few more left. We have decided to go to O'Charley's as our final meeting. The gal that was going to have the cookout/pool party said last night that her pool was currently not holding water. Didn't know if she would get it fixed in time. I know that feeling of a leak in the pool liner and cannot find it from past ownership of an in-ground pool from my first marriage. WHAT A PIA!. That is ok cause I love OCs baked salmon on cedar plank dinner. So stinkin' good.

Tonight my SIL, Pia and her momma (here visiting from South of France) is coming over for dinner. I have a Mississippi pot roast in the crocker. Made a hot fudge brownie with fudge icing for dessert. Yeah, not Keto, and I don't like chocolate. The pot roast recipe is Keto. Going to fix mashed potatos, greenbeans with ham chunks, salad, and keto cheddar bay biscuits. Probably have enough for an army if you wanna stop by. I am kind of excited as I have not see her mom in almost two years since the last time she came to visit. She is such a sweet little lady. She is like 85 years old and very active. She does the equivalent of Uber here only in France. She is always on the go, and I me go. She is about 4' 8" tall. Like a little gnome. Just love her to pieces.

LAURA...yep can't wait to see you, get a great hello and snap a shot. Glad you found a dentist you like. Makes it a bit easier to go. NOT.

Hello to all, make it a great day/night.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...typing over my head. If you take the door off and put it back on will it cause it to be all whopper jawed again? You know how things never fit right once removed and replaced. IMO. Bingo night? and Senior Center? Girl. You need a break.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #44  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Happy – So what kind of stove/fridge did you end up with? Any special features? I still want a French door style fridge, but our current fridge is still like new (knock wood), so it’ll be a while until it gets replaced. Unless I win the lottery, lol.

Annie – We’re getting the hot weather here too. The AC is on once again. Poor C, I really hate running errands in the car when it’s hot like this because the car is so much hotter than outside. I can't imagine how awful it is for him being in and out of the truck all day, and hauling around trays of product. == Will there be any new new workshops you can attend in the future? You seemed to get a lot out of them. == Enjoy the dinner with Pia and her mom tonight. It’s so great that Pia's mom is so active and travels these distances at her age. Awesome.

Hellos to the rest of you!

==

I finally went to aqua fit class last night. It was a good class – I like that this instructor changes it up every class.

Now that my pass is a card with a bar code that gets scanned, I can’t tell how many classes I have left. So an employee checked and she told me I have 4 classes left (of the 11 I started with). I’m pretty sure I haven’t been to 7 classes – maybe 5. So I’m going to phone today and ask for the dates of the classes they show me as having taken. I’m thinking maybe someone double-scanned my card a couple times.

The boss will be out of the office Thursday & Friday of this week and Monday of next week, so that’ll be nice.

Tomorrow night is the health lecture at the recplex. The topic is inflammation. I'll be attending it.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

Good Thursday Morning.

Dinner with SIL and her momma was a great success. Everything was delish! Great conversation and laughs. Mississippi pot roast was fabulous! The boys were at their dad's and Sam went to dinner with a friend. No distractions. Took me about 45 minutes to clean up the kitchen. C emptied the dishwasher so I could refill it and run it again. Of course I will not find things when I go to use them next. Not complaining just grateful for the help.

Tonight is a hair cut. So looking forward to the washing part. It is never long enough. Sis colored my hair on Monday night so I am ready for my business trip next week. Not sure what the hair really has to do with the trip. Just one thing to make be feel better I guess.

LAURA...Glad you made it to your aqua class and enjoyed it. Always nice when we like the instructor, or so I hear...lol. Always nice when the boss is out of the office, hence in-house vacation. Got to love that.

Hello to everyone....Hugs