Old 04-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #106  

Happy Birthday Happy!!!

Have a wonderful day and a fabulous year!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #107  

Morning all. Chilly day today, and overcast. Rain is in the forecast for later today. I left my bike at home and walked to the train station, wearing one of my winter jackets.

Susie – re your migraine. I hope you’re all better now. Yes, I got the bike home yesterday. It was a chilly ride and I had my gloves on, but I did it. Good to give yourself a bit of time to get back on track – it’s not easy and takes a bit of time. You’ll get there! I didn’t get to Kohl’s last night to see if they had any swim shorts.

Annie – You mean comfy underwires exist??!! Do tell, please.

Hellos to the rest of you. Happy, have a wonderful birthday today, and lucky you - I’m sure you get to celebrate again next week.

==
Nothing much to report. Went to Walmart for a few things after work and then I just wanted to go home, so I skipped the trip to Kohl’s.

I woke up around 4 am-ish today, dunno why. Didn’t really get back to sleep – the mind got busy. Got out of bed at 5:45 and did a BE workout. That show was the last one on that vhs tape. I believe all the BE’s on the last 2 vhs tapes are ones I already have on DVD or DVR. It’ll be nice to finish this project.

My earbuds have bitten the dust. Last week I noticed the remote pause button stopped working, and this week there’s no sound coming out of the right earbud. Sigh. Time to shop for another pair. I liked these ones, but the reinforced part where the wires go into the end where they plug in broke off from the plug quite a while ago and that’s what made the wires bend and eventually break. Don’t know if I should buy that brand again. Have to figure out how long they actually lasted me. The price was reasonable. I don't like to spend a lot on them because I use them each day on my commute and they get a lot of wear and tear.

Okay, that’s enough. Time to post. TTFN!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #108  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I feel so OLD. We are going to an Italian restaurant tonight. They are making my favorite dish - tortellini and I'm having wine and dessert too. I don't care if WW weigh in is tomorrow!

Laura - you are right - there are no comfy underwires. I just prefer to sag and be comfortable Good luck on the ear buds. They don't seem to last at all. i got swim shorts to match a suit I bought. They are really small - narrow - not at all roomy like DH's trunks. Either the suit will fit or the shorts but not both...

Susie - hope your headache subsided - I'm glad you were able to get to DH's before you had vision problems.

Annie - thank you for the wishes - yes, DH did ask where I wanted to go to eat but it's not like we have alot of places to pick from. I'm glad you did not catch the stomach flu from Sissy. DH was going to stop on his way home and take another light house picture for M but the bad weather moved in and he had to cut his trip short.

Ceejay - like Annie, I wonder what will become of the plant when you retire. I don't know if the others have your dedication...

Shad - I know you must be busy getting everything together before the new contract starts.. IF they get their act together.

I have to wash dishes and then jump in the shower and get ready for yoga class. Have a good one ladies. Happy hump day!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Birthday wishes for today. May their be more to come. Don't feel old yet. Wait till you get 66 then I will let you feel old.

Laura
Sigh on the ear buds not working. I'm glad that you can get up early enough to do your work outs. I did get in my step goal yesterday but no exercise minutes.

Susie
Sigh on the migraine. I'm like you and pop a couple of Excedrine when I feel a headache coming on. And good for you also.
in getting that work out done in the morning. Sometimes I wish I had a treadmill. Maybe I can invest in one when I move to Missouri. But I spotted a Planet Fitness down the road.
My sis thought it was awesome that I liked the smoothie. Rather have the fruit kind. Think both of siblings think I'm unhealthy due to the fact I'm over weight.

Annie
Good you made it home before the storm hit. Did you have hail?

Michelle
Hi.

--------
Writing this in Note Pad and see if I can do anything differently to get this posted.
My trip to Jonesboro this morning was in rain which had heavy pockets of rain at times. The doctor did a good check on me.
The doctor ordered an ulrasound and after he saw the results on that he did a biopsy. Ouch on that one. I will know the results of the biopsy next week. The lining was thick in cerain spots. He said if it shows I have another polyp that he would order a d and c. He told me the one I had in 2009 was taken care of in the office. I didn't remember but I remember the pain which I thought was from the biopsy.
While in Jonesboro I went to Shoe Carnival and bought a pair of SAS shoes. They were on sale too.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-27-2016 at 02:55 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #110  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy birthday Happy. Hope you have a wonderful day. I was going to put this up last night before I went to bed, but I forgot with all the other goings on around here.

Think I will go to this new job to get a rest from the stupidity. I'm really tired of this.

Back later. Things to do first.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #111  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Evening Chicklets..........

Not much going on last evening. Stopped by Ms to get mail on the way home. Made chimichangas (sp) for dinner with the leftover taco stuff from Monday. Quite yummy if I say so myself. C ate 3, I had one. Perfect amount of leftovers to do that, nothing left. Jacob's baseball game was cancelled due to the bad weather that came/is still coming through. It is rescheduled for Friday night then has a regular game on Saturday morning. It is such a hoot to watch a field full of 4 and 5 year olds playing in the dirt, watching the crowd, catching bugs and picking dandelions, oh is there a baseball game going on????

SHADDIE...wow a lot of crazy going on in your world lately. Here is to smooth sailing!

CEEG...let's get you all healthy.

HAPPY...the food at the Italian restaurant sounded wonderful. Sweet of DH to try to take pix for M, dang weather. He definitely is enjoying the first one.

LAURA...I will let you know the brand of bra as soon as I can remember to look at the tag on it when I am NOT wearing it. lol.

HELLO to SUSIE AND CHELLE and all the lurkers.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #112  

Morning getting this done as I have a day of cleaning on my to do list today. Also need to get outside and trim the bushes. All this rain is making them grow.
Talked to a male friend via chat in FB. He lives in the next town over in Missouri. We've know each other since jr high school.

Annie
I've been putting off all these things until now. I'm trying to wait till I retire to do mot of the surgeries. So I will have some help when I move to Missouri.

Happy
Yum on the Italian food.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-28-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #113  

Morning all. Another dreary day. I was running late, so I decided to bike to the train, even though it was cold. Come back sun!

Happy – Did you enjoy your birthday dinner? How nice they made your favorite dish for you. You’re not old.

Ceejay – Hope the biopsy turns out fine. I’d always thought SAS was some European company, but I learned not long ago that SAS stands for San Antonio Shoemakers. Let me know how you like them.

Shad – Yes, I’m sure it’ll be nice to get away by yourself after all this time in a full house.

Annie – There’s probably no scorekeeping at those baseball games either, right? How do they work it – do they just make sure all the kids get a chance to bat?

Hellos to the rest of you.
--
Nothing much to report. Had a crappy Lean Cuisine entree for dinner last night. And I had two egg cups this morning. Not really caring for them when they’ve been reheated. They're a bit soggy and the texture isn’t that great. I wonder if the bell peppers made them soggy? I think I have a couple more in the freezer and that’ll be it. If I try them again, I’ll use a different recipe. I just tried one of those Yoplait Whips, but it was a bit too sweet for me. Walmart had them for 58 cents, and I thought I'd try one. I also bought a couple of the Yoplait Originals.

It’s my Friday today since I’m taking the day off tomorrow. I couldn’t get my hair appointment for tomorrow, but I think I’ll get a pedicure.

That’s it for me. Have a wonderful Thursday/Friday everyone!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-28-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #114  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Belated Birthdays to Happy and Shad! (and anyone else I missed).

I've been super crazy busy at work....but I'm not complaining. I definitely love my job. My after work has been busy with exercising, dog park trips and play dates, and fostering "bottle baby" kittens that need to eat every 4 hours. Since I'm having an injection in my back tomorrow and am going out of town this weekend to support one of my best friends as she competes in a corporate challenge olympics in Las Vegas, I had to return the kittens. Once I get back home from my Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon trip (next weekend), I'll get either the kittens I had back or other babies. The baby kittens are really cute and a lot of work. This past Saturday, I volunteered at a formal gala fundraising event for the Humane Society. It was nice to get to play dress up and see co-workers and volunteers dressed up since we normally wear jeans/t-shirts. Then on Sunday, I went to bottle baby training.

I'm hoping to catch up on reading and relaxing tomorrow after my back shot.

I hope you're all doing ok.

With much love, big hugs and lots of good wishes and prayers,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #115  
Choose your hard

Holy Geez Louisers Girls,

What a sort of a wasted day! Last year I did a Shutterfly calendar with DH's pictures on it. It's a pricey calendar but it is made of sturdy card stock and it has big squares on it. Which I need because I have such a busy life, so much to remember and if I don't write it down, I totally forget it. Well of course I did not get around to it this year. I had a few false starts and then asked DH for the higher resolution of his pictures and he sort of forgot to. So it never got done. I have a free calendar I got from the thrift shop and it's just not working. Squares are too small, paper is too shiny so being left handed, everything smears. So I see an ad for Shutterfly - half off. So I hurry 2 days ago - deadline is at midnight. I finished about 12:20 am. Now the ad says it goes by Pacific Time so my midnight is no where near midnight Pacific time yet it would not let me get the offer I was scrambling for. Bah! Over 90 minutes wasted. So then I get an email yesterday that they extended the Mother's Day offer to midnight today. So I spent a HUMONGOUS amount of time - seriously about 5 hours working on this stupid calendar. And I decided I was going to take the time to put people's birthdays and anniversaries in so I would not be so forgetful. I get everything in and find out for free shipping you have to spend $39. So.. I decide to order 2017's calendar too. And change up a few pictures. Which takes another 90 minutes. Get it all done, go to the shopping cart only to find that it's one offer or another - no combinations - so I did all that work not to get free shipping. But at least I got 50 percent off which is not such a bargain when you pay 6 bucks shipping for each calendar. At least I have the rest of this year's and next years calendars done. In the mean time the little voice in my head is nagging - pay bills, wash kitchen floor, get your stuff ready for packing, hey Happy - you have LOTS OF STUFF TO DO don't be fussing on the stupid computer. It's almost 3:30 I have not cleaned the refrigerator out yet which I need to because tonight is trash pick up and I want to get rid of the perishable stuff DH will not eat while I am gone. I find creative ways to be my own worst enemy.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a rather regular day - nothing terribly special about it. We did go to dinner - I had calamari and tortellini and 2 glasses of wine. The owners sang Happy Birthday to me in Italian which was fun. DH ate half of my birthday dessert. We usually split a dessert and cappachino but I wanted the whole piece of lemoncello torte and even though I hinted, he did not place his order for panna cotta and picked up a fork to mine. Guess he was helping me save calories.

Weigh in tonight will be a bust but I knew that. Usually I eat very little on weigh in day but I guess yesterday's feast had me hungry this morning as I was looking for food at 10:30. I ate the last 2 crab cakes I needed to use up any way. Had a very pleasant surprise phone message yesterday - thank you Joy for the call - I am sorry that I missed you. By the second sentence or as quick as I can detect your accent - I know it's you. That was really nice of you to call. Thank you.

I am going to be a whirling dervish later trying to get everything accomplished although I did get the laundry finished today. The man came out to look at the crooked front entry door. He promises they will get it right. We'll see. DH went out to look for deer antlers and instead found a coyote staring at him - foolish to be out walking in the woods right now with the bears awake and not having anything other than a camera to shoot with. But I have warned him enough...

Thanks for the wishes Michelle - is Santa leaving the baby kitties alone? Bottle fed kittens do need ALOT of work!

Laura - I didn't know that about SAS either. Thanks for passing that along. I am not a fan of rewarmed egg cups/quiche/frittatta myself. Seems like warming it cooks the eggs or like you say the other vegs get mushy. I like them fresh tho. What Lean Cuisine did you not like? I really have a limited group I like too. As for the Whips - I also thought they were on the sweet side. I wondered how they'd be frozen. I guess Yoplait is cutting back on some of the sugar in the red cups but not the Whip line. You will notice a big difference especially if you like Greek Yogurt. I am kind of disappointed that it looks like it will be a cool and rainy week next week, especially with the weather you guys have been having lately. I would not mind feeling "warm" Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Ceejay - how nice you can catch back up with an old friend. I guess that you are probably smart to postpone your surgeries. I think you will pay less out of pocket and you will have the time to recover on your own without worry about going back to work. OUCH on the biopsy - that is very painful! I hope everything will be well - that is usually a simple procedure.

Annie - before you even finished the sentence I was already there is my mind with the little ones at baseball being distracted by all the fun stuff going on around them. I would not want to be their coach. They are fun, distracted, willful, tired - and some have those awful tiger moms who are a big pain in the butt. Don't envy coaches at all. What makes a chimichanga as compared to a burrito or taco? Oh wait, I remember - flat with lots of cheese - like a panini pressed down. Yum - that is a great way to use up leftovers. We had tacos earlier this week for the same reason.

Shad - thanks again for thinking of me. Is the stupidity you speak of related to your recent email snafus? All those I.T. folks down there and still, everyone is clueless.

Susie - hope you are feeling better by now. Are your migraines tied into anything - weather, TOM, food or do they just show up? Are you still using the tread desk at work? That would be an accident waiting to happen for me for sure.

I have about an hour before weight watchers. I'm wondering if I should shower before or after weigh in? Will I weigh more if I'm wet? LOL Last week it was raining hard and I said as we were all waiting in line for the pokey substitute that I wished it rained on Friday because everyone knows you weigh more when it's raining outside. Am I obsessing or what? Yes the scale has me obsessing. And I hate it. I have the lightest pair of pants and top that I can weigh in without being naked so can't go any lighter. That reminds me, I need to find my latest renewal card. So I'm going to sign off. Not sure if I will have time to post tomorrow - if not I will have internet access at my sister's so I will catch up. Take care girls. Have a good week!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

Default Royce Michael 2 yr picture

He is as ornery as the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Royce 2 years 3.2016.jpg (27.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-29-2016, 10:31 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF....

Went to a meeting last night, actually it is a workshop for the big book of AA. This was the 3rd week. Really enjoyed the meeting. The workshop goes through mid-August. There are about 15 women in the group. Each week we read a chapter out of the AA Big book then discuss. Got home a bit after 9 and went straight to bed. Tonight is the rain-out, make-up game for Jacob. Then another one at 10:30 in the morning, which will probably be rained out also. More storms coming in tonight. Sunday, more rain so not much outside work going on.

HAPPY...working on that calendar is time you won't get back. bleh. and so late at night too. Glad your birthday was good and the food sounded yummy. hmmm, maybe should of told hubby FORK DOWN big guy, lol. That dang door, hells bells get it right will you please, what a pia. Do tell how the WI went. I am still down the lbs lost, have not gained but also have not lost in several weeks. Guess I need to giddy-up. Have a safe trip and enjoy your sister visit.

CHELLE...awww, baby anythings are so cute. Even if I am allergic to cats. Don't push yourself on the Disney run.

LAURA...sounds like your eats were all bummers, lean cuisine and the cups. I am with you on the cups, better fresh, so don't make extras. I don't care for the Yoplait Whips, just nasty to me.

CEEG...how did you do on your cleaning list?

HELLO SHADDIE...and all the rest.

Hugs
Old 04-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #118  

Annie
Not much cleaning, went outside and trimmed the bushes. I'm wishing that I could twitch my nose and it will all be done. Is that Royce in the picture? He's a cutie and I can see why Nanna loves him so much.

Happy
Sigh on making the calendar come together. How was your weigh n last night?

Michelle
There you are. I'm not sure how you can keep up with every thing you do.

-------
I had a friends request from a woman on FB and had to check her out first but she is also friends with my bil and sis so I think it's a lady that goes to their church She's also a animal lover. I'm wondering if this is the lady that my sis told me about being a vet.
Things are not getting done and I sure would like to take a nap.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #119  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick in and out again, as I want to get into the garden today and transplant a lot of stuff from the back to the front and then go down to the local nursery for a few more plants to fill in the gaps.
Happy - happy journey. Have a good time with Mum and the Sis. Treasure the moments, even if they do send you insane at the time.
Annie - Somehow frozen eggs never seem to be as good as the real stuff. We don't have left overs in this house, the dog cleans those up. Interesting picture of the g/s.
Michelle - should you really be doing this marathon. Ahhh well, it's your body.
Laura - I hear you on the frozen dinners/ entrees. Also, although they are not lo fat, the only yoghurts I now have are the unsweetened greek stuff - I can add fruit to them or use them in place of sour cream.

Okay, better get moving, and out and about for this long weekend. Tomorrow I am going out to the bush to see a garden - not my style of garden but the gardener wants some pots and I like to recycle my pots but am not growing anything new until I get this work situation under control. Monday, I will either have a job or not. I am sick of the dilly-dallying about and issued an ultimatum.

Here's a couple of pictures of the garden I have been working on.

So I will get on my way

Last edited by Shad; 04-29-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #120  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

Quick hello from me. Last minute running to get everything finished. So far on schedule. Have a good week next week. Someone please set up the May thread - thanks. Will check in once I'm settled in.

Nice pictures Shad - you do have lovely gardens.

Be well guys...