Old 12-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I'd appreciated you ending me the diet sheet. I'll p.m. you my new email address or you can snail mail it. I thought the doctor gave me one but can't find it.

Where is Susie and Terra?

Shad
Wish I liked cottage cheese but don't.

Dee
Thank you for adding me to your prayer list. I am feeling better but this problem still needs to be checked out for my peace of mind.

Laura
Are you doing any challenges during January? I'm thinking about more push up. These won't be on the floor though, just counter height.

------
I'm feeling a lot better today. I had another sick stomach Sunday night that came with a very bad pain in my gut. Don't mean to be gross here but I threw up blood and this is what scared me and why I'm going to the doctor. I've switched from Nexium 40mg to Zantac 150mg because of the higher dosage. My stomach is still very sore and burns when I eat something but nothing compared to last week since I've switched otc meds. The job I have doesn't let me take off unless I have someone to relieve me. They don't like it at all if I call in unexpectedly. Plus no one knows about this incident but me. My co-worker knows about the stomach pains.
Road the bike for only 8 minutes last night. That's all the stamina I had to give. Hopefully I will feel like more tonight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #212  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. I didn't realize I hadn't posted since Christmas (or maybe it was the day after).

We didn't get good news on our 2006 Sonata. It needs a "short block" replaced. They see minute flakes of metal shavings in the engine. They said that it wasn't that bad yet but it will just quit one day...might be 100 miles or 100,000 miles.

The short block and the work could run us $3,000 to maybe $9,000!! YIKES! So we are talking to the salesman that sold us that car and our current Sonata to find us a pre-owned and pre-certified with the balance of the factory warranty on a Elantra . Eithier way we need to make payments on a car or a loan for the engie replacement if it would be $9,000. I would rather make a payment on a newer car. We still owe 2years on our 2013 Sonata.

There goes my raise I got a the beginning of December. Oh well, He always provides.

I went to the Chirporactor today as I have been dealing with what feels like a pulled groin muscle that has been bothering me a lot and yesterday and today it caused pain going down my leg.

I got a lot of relief from the adjustment and I'm getting another one tomorrow and then on Saturday and he gave me stretches to do along with advice about not doing things that rotate my hips out. I don't remember doing anything to strain my groin and he said it's all due to my hips being out of alignment. I sort of thought so as I have had issues with that off and on for years.

Dee: It sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I smiled when I read that you played board games with the kids. I LOVE to play board games and play them often with my nieces and nephews.
The gifts that you and DH got one another sound very lovely.

Ceejay: Please, please go to the doctor ASAP! They are most likely send you for tests but that is ok. It is time to get you on the road to healing with these tummy issues.

Michelle: You are very, very busy and I'm sure that is making you tired. I thinkg that Annie gave you some very good advice about the B12 and things.

Annie: I am ready to get on it for that May KI trip....rollar coasters here we come! I like the name for the January page.

Laura: Are you loving your fitbit flex? Let me know your questions and I'll be happy to try and help you. You can link it to your MFP account; that is a pretty cool thing. Congrats for being down a few pounds!

Shad: I'm glad your cold is gone and you are eating so healthy. I thought I would let you know that I shared my sugar creame pie with guests and only had two pieces of it in a week. They were yummy! I appreciate you keeping me on track with that.

Happy: This cold you have is a tough one! Hopefully you will turn the corner soon. I have read that in the winter we should up our Vit D because we don't get enough of it and it helps ward off illness. Also, I have read that using a saline soultion spray in your nose during a cold is helpful so that things don't dry out and to also do that in the winter due to the dry air and being in places where everyone is all closed up. Doing that keep the mucos membranes moist and help to ward off viruses in the air from getting into our bodies.

I think the Airborne product is good. I hear a lot of good things abou it. I think it has a lot of Vit C in it because I used it one time and it flared up my IC in a big way. IC and Vit C don't mix so I have to be very careful with it.

I also got your FB pm with your address and I plat to get to the post office on Saturday to mail out the bag to you. I will let you know for sure when I send it so you will know it is on its way.

Hi Terra: I hope all is well with you.

Tomorrow is DH"s birthday. We and 10 of our friends will have dinner at The Montgomery Inn (famous for their ribs) and then everyone comes back to our house for birthday cake (I make him an angel food cake with white fluffy icing--it is his favorite), ring in the new year and then everyone is gone by 1:00 a.m.

I was planning on wearing this darling cable knit dress with my knee high boots but I can't the boots due to this issue with my leg and groin...so it will be black dress pants and one of my new sweaters for me.

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 12-30-2014 at 09:42 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY 2015 to SHADDIE!! We are not quite there yet.

SUSIE....Happy birthday to DH!! Love Montgomery Inn. Indy used to have one but it closed long ago. Our groceries still sell their BBQ sauce and that makes me happy, it is by far my favorite BBQ sauce. YUMMY for the TUMMY!! I am sure you will look fabulous in anything you wear. Have a great time tonight and be safe. The car repairs sound too high to spend. I think I would also just get another vehicle. Good luck finding what you want.

CEEG...you almost sound like you have an bleeding ulcer. Girl go get checked out. You are making me worry too much about your health.

LAURA...you should of joined me for breakfast. I heated up a leftover soggy taco. It really wasn't too bad. Just made me want another one. lol. Hope your party tonight goes well. Sometimes hosting can be a bear.

We are off to Kentucky this afternoon to ring in the new year at my nephew's house. He is serving seafood and I can't wait. Shrimp, steamed crablegs just to name a few treats. I may make a crab dip to take with. We are staying at a hotel as there are too many guests staying at his house and I do not relish sleeping on the floor or in a chair.

Happy New Year and here is to a fabulous, happy, healthy, prosperous, blessed 2015!!!!!

Hugs and Loves
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #214  

For Shad:

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #215  

Morning all. All’s quiet here.

Shad – Thanks for the info re Massaman curry. I always associate curries with India, and I never bothered to research them – even though I sometimes wondered why curries always appears on Thai restaurant menus, hahaha. Hope your 2015 is off to a good start with a good night’s sleep (as of the time I’m writing this, it’s almost 1:45 am by you)!

Annie – Much as I love big salty breakfasts, and much as I tacos and all that spicy stuff, it just doesn’t appeal to me to eat spicy foods in the morning. I’m glad you enjoyed your leftovers – most leftovers I bring home are consumed by my bf. Safe travels and enjoy that seafood feast tonight! It’ll be a nice little getaway for you and C. Is Sissy dogsitting Sassy for you?

Ceejay – Thanks for bringing up a challenge – that’ll be good to get me jumpstarted back to doing more exercise. A pushup challenge is a good idea. I'll probably go with the easy 30-day pushup challenge I did before - starts with 3 pushups and works up to 20 pushups by day 30. BF used the front bedroom (the spare/sewing room) as a staging area for all the tools/supplies needed for the half-bathroom redo and there wasn’t even any room for me to do my pushups. I seriously fell off with my daily set of pushups. Back to it! Scary about the latest gut problem – definitely best to get the doc to do some tests and figure out what’s going on in there. Was the Nexium an rx that your doc wanted you to take? Even though we know our own bodies better than the doctor, I always worry about veering off their instructions. Bf’s mom often plays around with her BP med dosages and I think she makes things worse at times.

Susie – Wow, I’m sorry to hear about that potentially whopping car repair bill! I too would prefer to put those dollars into a newer vehicle. I’m glad the chiropractor sessions are bringing you relief. I’ve been feeling like I need a good stretch out – I’m looking forward to getting back to some classes like Pilates or yoga. I keep acting like it’s a done deal, but I haven’t actually consulted the park district’s program catalog or registered for anything. I better get on that SOON! As for the fitbit – I haven’t done any more than open the box. I have a long weekend ahead of me and will get it all set up this weekend. Thanks for telling me I can link my fitbit up to MFP – one less thing to manually enter, I hope.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
==
Nothing much to report on my end. It’s really chilly today, but I believe the forecast is for us to get back into the 30’s tomorrow, so that’s nice.

The train was rather empty today, and it’s quiet here in the office. I’ve got my fingers that the powers that be let us go earlier than our already early 3:00 pm closing today.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a great day!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #216  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

ceeG

GO to the ER or phone your Doc NOW & tell them your symptoms please do Not wait until Friday. I know U r on a budget & concerned about your job, but this IS a Emergency when U vomited blood. Wherever U go they will scope U & get U x-rayed; it is painless w the meds U get. U needed Immediate medical care as soon as U vomited the blood.

I don't want U having anything 'ruptured' or get 'critical' like I did & b in the ER & ICCU overnight & then in the GI unit/floor for 2 days when I had my bleeding ulcer.

PLEASE get medical care Today/Tonight.

Each of us Love U here, Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #217  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ceejay - GET TO THE ER! Do not wait until Friday. Vomiting blood is nothing to fool around with! Don't make me get out the cattle prod.

Annie - Cauliflower chicken sounds delish! I could even eat that now!! I am looking for bariatric friendly recipes. I'd love some pulled pork, but I know that bbq sauce can have a lot of sugars. I'm just so tired of "cold" food...canned tuna and chicken for 4 weeks. I also want to try and find a really good Chicken Tortilla soup recipe so I can overload it with chicken to up the protein. And Chili is a good option too, as long as there is more meat than beans.

Sorry...I'm up to my eyeballs in cleaning/organizing for the New Year! I am also taking down the Christmas decorations even though I normally wait until after New Year's....I just have to get all this stuff in order. I'd like to have a clutter free home office before I head back to work.

D and I might go out for dinner and an early movie tonight...but since I'm not a night owl, I doubt I'll be awake at midnight, so we aren't going out to a party or any late night festivities. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym, then to see Bob, and then tomorrow evening, my yoga teacher is having a Celebrate 2015 with Yoga event which I'm going to.

My 6 week follow up went great! I've lost 25 pounds since surgery. The dietician wants me to incorporate more veggies (problem is after 2-3 oz of protein - which I'm supposed to have at every meal, I'm really full). She said I'll probably be able to eat a little more in the coming weeks. The surgeon wants me to stay very active and strive to lose 12 pounds a month for the next 3-4 months. My next follow-up is in 6 more weeks.

I wish all my wonderful Worldly friends a very safe and fun New Year's Eve...and a happy, healthy and blessed 2015! I'm so thankful for your love and support and encouragement! I love you all!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #218  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

STOP
Don't post here anymore. Click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post5110101 to go to the new thread.

Happy New Year.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote