3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Giving Thanks for Our Friendship (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/289306-worldly-chicks-giving-thanks-our-friendship.html)

Laura705 11-19-2013 07:12 AM

Shad- I believe I have Happy's phone number at her mom's. I can give her a call there - I'm not sure if anyone has been in touch with her.

Ruthxxx 11-19-2013 07:27 AM

So very sad. I have a big lump in my chest today.

annie175 11-19-2013 07:28 AM

Oh our sweet, funny, kind, determined sister, I will miss you with all my heart. Please look up my momma and daddy know that they are with you too! Peace at last, nor more pain or suffering. I love you.

Shad 11-19-2013 08:05 AM

Laura, if you have Happy's number then please call. I don't want her to be the last to know.

Laura705 11-19-2013 08:17 AM

Will do.

ceejay52 11-19-2013 09:22 AM

My what a sad day the this is! Our friend Mel is gone. I will miss you always. She was a blessing in m life.

Laura705 11-19-2013 10:18 AM

I just left a message on an answering machine at Happy's mom's for Happy to phone me. I have a meeting in a few minutes and didn't want to put it off.

Laura705 11-19-2013 12:07 PM

Just talked with Happy. When I'd left my phone message previously, she was just talking to her dh, who Shad had reached out to via FB. (So Happy already knew shortly before.)

Happy will be at her sister's on Saturday, so she'll probably pop in here then.

Mel, gonna miss you so much. :(

diyana 11-19-2013 12:13 PM

Laura and Shad - thanks for reaching out to Happy.

Shad - Thank you for reaching out to Mary, Patty, Mooz and Ruth.

annie175 11-19-2013 12:56 PM

SUSIE...sorry to hear of your friend's passing, it is quite sad today for the Worldlie chickadees. I am trying to find a place to go help serve the homeless on Thanksgiving. Hope you do well at TOPS this week.

Shad 11-19-2013 02:19 PM

Poor Susie,
Asks a question about goals and speed humps in our lives and we just ignore her for the bigger news.

I will have a think about what floats my boat - but it will be something to do with family - either too much of them in my face or not enough of them right there. I'll be back with definites as soon as I think about it Susie.

Meantime, my condolences on the loss of a friend.

Annie - good on you for being such a nice giving person. Hope you find somewhere to serve. Is C doing it with you?

diyana 11-19-2013 03:06 PM

Annie - So good of you to volunteer on Thanksgiving. I've been thinking about doing that as well.

Susie - My condolences to you on the passing of your friend's mom. As for speed bumps in the road...or things that slow me down on my way to goal. One is my craving of sweets; (2) my emotional (or bored) eating; (3) my not getting my arse to the gym. I tend to be able to get one area right in my life...when two areas are out of whack, I tend to focus on one. Right now, it's my unemployment. I have time to go to the gym, but choose not to because I feel the time could be better spent applying for work. As for goals, my first goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year. As soon as I lose 10-15 pounds, my doc will start cutting back my diabetes meds.

annie175 11-19-2013 03:27 PM

Yes C is going to do it with me as is my bro and SIL. It was hard actually finding a place to help out as they are mostly full. Evidently you have to sign up way early in the year for TG & Christmas.

I am still upset and tearing up a lot about MELLIE...Sissy and lil man came for lunch to cheer me up. Lil man said...Nanna, I see a monkey on World Word and it went eee eee eee. That made me LOL.

We have our own personal Worldlie angel about us, we shall always be safe now.

Suzanne 3FC 11-19-2013 06:11 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Mel :( She has always been so supportive here, and she was such a sweet person. My thoughts and prayers are with her family :hug:

Shad 11-19-2013 08:51 PM

Thank you Suzanne. Mel did get around this site alot. She loved people and they loved her. I will pass on you thoughts and prayers to her daughter.