3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Giving Thanks for Our Friendship (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/289306-worldly-chicks-giving-thanks-our-friendship.html)

annie175 11-13-2013 07:57 AM

Good Morning it's a brand new day!!! Hump day, trash day...la la la la

CARLA....thank you ever so much for the update on our MELLIE. I do feel for Jen and quite frankly we are probably the last on the list of to do's. I will just keep send to Jen's address.

ONE THING WE SHOULD TRY TO REMEMBER LADIES....and I know I really do not need to say this, however even after our sister goes to be with the Lord, we need to remember to support Jen & Richie. and now I am crying. WTG ANNIE.

HAPPY....good to hear the the PT is helping with your neck/back/heck your body and that you like this PT. Me thinks you have been through denistry h*ll. I will only go back for the second time on a re-do so you are much braver than I am.

SHADDIE...feel better my down under sister, down under the weather, lol Nothing like feeling blah and dragging it around. Hugs my friend.

CHELLE...wouldn't worry about sending the flash drive to MELLIE either. Once you are on morphine you are barely awake. I have been on it twice. You are such a sweetie doing all that work on it. If only you got paid for it. lol Keep you head up and give it to the Lord, you will find that perfect job. Hugs.

HELLO's to LAURA, CEEG, SUSIE!!

Make it a wonderful Wednesday!

Loves and Hugs.

Laura705 11-13-2013 11:25 AM

Morning all. Brrrr! Cold one this morning. Gradually warming though! :sunny:

Carla - Thanks so much for passing along the update from Jen. What a tough time she's going through right now. I miss Mel so much here. :(

Annie - Yeh, Jen & Richie are certainly going through a horrible time right now - making arrangements, etc. Gonna send her a note as well.

Michelle - Thanks for all the hard work on the captions. I sure wish Mel were well enough to be able to see them. But I'm soooo glad she did see the photos!! Good luck with the job hunt!! How's your stepmom doing today? Re ATT - people complain about them, but I don't think they're all that bad. A while ago when I went over my data plan, bf did get them to reverse the overage charge, so they are reasonable with that. My beef is that bf and I can't share a data plan - he works from home and uses very little of his data plan each month, while I'm always pushing the limit. And I don't think other carriers are any different with that...

Happy - Gawd, can't believe they can't get a good impression for that flouride tray. Oh well, you were a really good sport about going back in multiple times. Glad the PT guy helped with your neck - maybe you can specificially schedule with him next time. Well, so much for Sephora. But I did have a gift card and had wanted to try it. I thought they'd have a larger variety of brands available than they did - from drugstore level on up, but it didn't appear that way to me. I will use the rest of my gift card in person at the store in the mall and that'll probably be it. As for the quality of vhs transfered to DVD - only as good as the quality of the vhs tape. In this case, the tape wasn't overused/worn and was in very good shape. The quality looked pretty good to. But it's sort of like watching an old tv sitcom and then flipping to a high def tv channel and watching a new HD program - night and day. But not quite that extreme. I actually checked a couple sites to see if that particular video was still available, but I didn't see it, so it's for the best that I did the transfer.

Hellos to Susie and Ceejay. :wave:
___
Saw "Last Vegas" last night. It was entertaining enough, even if the subplots were kind of lame-o. But if I want to watch a funny old guy comedy..."Grumpy Old Men" is much better. It was a good cast. It was (obviously) set in LV, so be prepared for a lot of b00bage.

The boss is out today and it's quiet. I might take Friday off work and might get a massage.

That's about it for me. TTFN!

annie175 11-13-2013 11:54 AM

Oh LAURA..get the massage, go on groupon.com and look for a spa deal, they have lots of them.

happy2bme 11-13-2013 12:25 PM

Morning girls,

Trash day was yesterday Annie. ;) :lol:

Today is the last "open" day that I have - at least one where I have no other commitments to do anything other than what I want to. I need to pop over to Walmart and pick up a TSA approved lock so I can lock my luggage. Also need to get another laser light pen for the kitties. They both love chasing that and it's about the only exercise they get aside from Nina chasing poor Meadow all over the house when she gets the heebie geebies. We seem to have lost the one laser we had - I think it rolled into the trash bin and I didn't notice it. I am glad I had some clothes sent to my Mom's as I started measuring suitcases and the one I can take is a bit bigger than a carry on but not much more than that. DH sees no problem in taking only 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts and 3 prs of underwear. Oh to pack like a guy! Probably better taking the smaller suitcase as I'm sure dragging the heavier bag will be hard on my neck and back. I had wanted to take 5 days of clothes so that I didn't have to do laundry more than twice. It's going to be cold both here and there so I will have to think carefully about layering. Fortunately I don't have to bring much in the way of toiletries - those tend to weigh a lot. United changed their baggage policy last month - thanks guys - and reduced the size of baggage and what you can bring as a carry on. I agree with the carry on restrictions- there were lots of people - not just business travelers who did not want to wait to pick up checked baggage and took it too far when it came to toting an elephant's size worth of luggage into the plane leaving no space for other passengers. And I hardly ever saw the gate crew stopping anyone. I'm also bummed to see that now there is rain in the forecast on both cities Saturday - increases the chances for delays :( I just want to get in and out - is that asking too much :shrug:

Mel - I miss you dearly and think about you every night as I fall asleep - praying for your comfort and strength for poor Jen. :hug:

Carla - thanks again for the update. Hope you are doing ok!

Shad - heads down and knee deep in the hoopla over there? From what I understand there is a lot of theft going on in those types of rest homes / rehab places. Some say the low wages encourage theft, others are natural thieves who see an opportunity from sleeping or otherwise out of it patients. Very sad - one has to watch their loved one carefully in those places. I would send all correspondence and gifts directly to Jen.

Laura - thanks for the review on Lost Vegas. Kinda sad when you have such great talent and you have to resort to breasts for most of the entertainment. I saw Michael Douglas on Leno or Letterman promoting the film and he certainly thinks he is hot doo doo in a fancy bag. He had a khaki colored suit on and it was very apparent he was going commando. He sat with his legs spread out as far as they could go as if that thing needed a good airing out. :rofl: It was sad and pathetic and I'm not just talking about his withered old junk. Not sure I'd even watch that movie for free - bunch of sad old men thinking they are 20 something Igors. :rofl: I forgot - the other thing about Sephora is that you get more samples if you order online. The couple of times I've gone into JC Penney or the mall shops and picked up makeup - Sephora only had samples if you used your VIP points and they didn't have anything worth wasting points on. You get more to chose from online. A massage sounds great - go reserve that day off and book that massage before you forget or the schedule gets filled up :D

Annie - I cried too after I read Jen's note. Been on this site long enough that there have been a couple of people I've come to know who have passed on. I can't believe she will be leaving us but I hope she will go to a better place where she can run and sing to her heart's content. How is your foot feeling? Are you able to get your Sketchers on? Are you having Thanksgiving dinner at your place this year?

How's the job search coming along Michelle? Get those resumes in before everyone takes a break for the holidays. This was always a hard time to job hunt - people have other priorities and you have to wait a lot. I'm sure you can find other things to keep you busy also. Is Santa over his cough?

Hi Ceejay and Susie :wave:

I'm off to make some mushroom soup. DH HATES the smell of cooked mushrooms so he agreed to go work outside so I could make my soup but her reminded me that he is going outside NOW and I need to get off the computer because he won't stay outside forever. :lol:

Have a good one chicks.

annie175 11-13-2013 02:09 PM

Ainsley & Jacob

2 Attachment(s)
Ainsley 8 years; Jacob 2 years

Laura705 11-13-2013 03:38 PM

Awww, how sweet they look. :)

ceejay52 11-13-2013 04:30 PM

Annie
The pictures are adorable.

Carla
Again thank you for the update on Mel.

Happy
I know you are getting excited for the trip to your mom's. Maybe not the plane ride. The kittens sound adorable now.

Michelle
Can you draw unemployment while looking for another job? Hope you find one soon.

Laura and Shad :wave:
-----
For some reason I'm not in the mood to post. Been doing a lot of other things at work just to keep my mind off of Mel.
Oh and by the way, I did call the department head of street and sanitation. He said that there was no rule that you had to put your garbage to the curb on pick up day's. He referred me to the code enforcer. Think i'll call the land lord in the morning and see what they can do. I told the street and sanitation dept that this is going to cause rats. I don't want to stir up a stink, but this is ridiculous.

Shad 11-13-2013 04:49 PM

Ceejay - stand up for the right thing. If the sanitation dept won't come in to pick up the garbage, then the health dept needs to step in and sort out the health issues - and there will be some.

Annie - young Ainsley sure is pretty. They both look like great kids.

MyChoice2bfit 11-13-2013 05:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

We had a bit of snow yesterday. It was pretty but really I'm ok if that is the last of it. I like wearing sweaters but I don't like wearing sweaters with coats! :coolsnow:

Guess what happened yesterday? DH and I went to the Y together to walk! He has been saying he will go back with me but at the end of the day he is always too tired--so he says. Well..he went yesterday and told me he would go again tonight. :carrot:

Is anyone watching Biggest Loser?

I want to give hugs to all of you :hug:, as I know that you all are hurting over your friend Mel. I gather from reading the posts that her time her time here is very short. I send my sympathy and prayers to you all.

I am posting from work and will be leaving in a few but I wanted to check-in.
My personals will be short and I won't hit everyone..sorry about that. I'll get better at it.

Laura: Your kids are very cute!

Michelle: I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job. I'm sure that good things for you in that area are right around the corner. Do what you can to look for a job--this time of year can be a bit hard to find something but things will get to moving again the middle of January so don't get discourged.

Happy: How did the soup turn out?

Ok..I need to run...I'll see you all soon--I will try to get here tomorrow.

diyana 11-13-2013 08:19 PM

Busy day today. 1 interview for a very short term contract. 1 phone interview for a perm job in San Diego. Tomorrow I have a skype interview for the San Diego job.

Tomorrow, I am also on a clear liquid diet all day in prep for my colonoscopy on Friday. I've got the skype interview at 9, an appt with the nutritionist at 11, my mammo at 2. Then when I get home I have to take some laxatives and drink some roto rooter liquid to prep for my procedure on Friday.

D is driving me to the hospital on Friday for my procedure. I have to be there at 6:30. Hopefully I'll be home by 10.

Not going to be able to do much on the job front tomorrow but maybe by Friday afternoon, I can get back to applying.

My stepmom is up and around much more today.. She can't overdo it too much. But she is having people over tonight to play cards.

I've got to go help with dinner and set the table, etc.

Hopefully I'll get to post tomorrow.

Mellie, I miss you so much.

I love y'all like sisters. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.

Love and hugs,

happy2bme 11-14-2013 09:06 AM

Morning all,

Put on the track shoes, busy day ahead. I finished making the dog treats for the Santa Photo event with the Humane Society. Baked 6 batches - that's all I can do, others can pitch in if needed. Today is my last physical therapy appointment and I am at the Thrift Shop in the afternoon. Hoping to double team some tasks while I'm there like weigh, bag and wrap the dog treats, write a couple of letters and maybe find a recipe or two in my new magazines to make at Mom's and for Thanksgiving dinner. Tomorrow is a stop at the dentist to pick up my fluoride trays, a follow up appt with the doctor to see how I'm doing, packing, at printing my 2 writing lessons from this week and a final look at the to do list to see what's just not going to get done before I leave. It's going to have to be an early to bed night as Saturday will be a very early start and off to the airport. I'm doing ok on the schedule - not panicking YET. :^:

The mushroom soup came out FANTASTIC. Best mushroom soup I've ever had. It was an Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe I found on the Food Network website. Supposed to be made with several varieties of wild mushrooms but all I had were white button mushrooms I bought on sale last week and needed to use up. It was delicious - I'm thinking because you actually make a stock to start out with and I think that made a huge difference in the richness of flavor. That was my supper yesterday. DH had something else ;) :p

Michelle - good luck with the interviews :crossed: hope they turn into something good for you. Boy talk about poked and prodded - what a fun day you have ahead of you. NOT. But by Saturday you should be able to breath deep and relax. I do hope you find another job quick! Love back to you too. :hug:

Susie - how's the hubby doing? I think it's great he is going for a walk with you. Go hubster!!! :cheer:

Ceejay - I agree with the others. While you can't force them to take the trash to the curb, they can't ignore pick up either and allow trash to pile up for weeks on end. In Germantown, they had very strict rules about keeping your house in good repair and decent living condition. That would not be tolerated.

Annie - the kids are just ADORABLE. Such cuties, no wonder you squeeze them so much :rofl:

Hi Laura and Shad. Gotta hop in the shower now - I'm already running 15 minutes behind. Later ladies.

MyChoice2bfit 11-14-2013 09:12 AM

Good morning. I can't believe I made it here and that most of you all had not already posted.

I have TOPS weigh-in tonight. I feel I might be up at bit--I've had more soda than I usually have and that packs the weight on me very quickly. I kept telling myself to stop but I didn't listen to myself.

I have a NSV to share. I am a worrier....I try not to be, but it's just in my make-up. So, I read this morning that some insurance company's were dropping a drug I take for my IC. My first thought was to worry. What was I going to do if that was me. This drug has been the only thing that has given me relief from the pain of the disease. Then I thought..why not call my insurance and find out.

I was holding my breath, but I called...and I was told it is covered. I hope that doesn't change...but for now, I know I'm covered and I'm thankful and I did what I could to help with my worry. Doing this helped me to not eat for comfort, and to not cover up my frustrations but to face them.

Michelle: It sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire on the job front. Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for you.

Also, good luck with the prep for your procedure and also for a good outcome of that procedure.

Have a great day everyone. I hope to be here tomorrow.

annie175 11-14-2013 10:32 AM

Good Morning CHicklets....

Signed up for the blood mobile for today, but unfortunately I didnt' start my iron regimen like I normally do, therefore my count was too low to donate. Boooo!! Looks like I wiill have to wait till another 56 days go by.

SUSIE....At least you know where you went wrong eating. Stop the soda girlie, or like MELLIE says, I will come whop you with the rolling pin. Good job ont he NSV. Yeah! Nice of DH to walk with you, it tends to motivate you more if someone else participates.

HAPPY...I don't know if I can stand two weeks with you posting. Bleh. Maybe hit the library once or twice and sneak us a post?? I do hope your visit with your momma goes well and everyone gets along. Just love her, don't try to understand her thinking. lol. Looks like you have one busy day ahead of you. That is a lot of doggie cookies. I still have not tried to make any but have a few recipes to try. You are awesome sister. Hugs

CHELLE...best of luck with all the interviewing and job search, I am sure GOD will bless you with the perfect job of you. Hope all your procedures come out well and the prep for the colonoscopy isn't to bad. YOU KNOW, that is the worst part of the entire procedure, the rest is a piece of cake and glade D is going with you.

SHADDIE...glad to see you could come up for air. I just love the grandbabes, wish I could of had them first. They are so much fun. haha Don't work to hard and have a glass of wine this weekend. How are you feeling? Any better?

CEEG...surely the landlord could put some pressure on the tenants about the trash. He certainly doesn't want rats infested in his rental. I am with SHADDIE, call the health department.

LAURA...thanks for the Vegas review. The other movie I saw the previews for is Delivery Man, I think that looks funny. Vince Vaughn is such a good actor and I like him.

HELLO to our MELLIE...

Much love, hugs, and prayers for all our worldlie chicks.

Laura705 11-14-2013 11:31 AM

Morning all. Sunny and bright today. Still chilly, but temps are supposed to hit a high in the 40's today. :)

Michelle - I don't envy your lineup for the next couple days, but you are doing the right thing getting these tests taken care of. Good luck with the interview today! I don't have any doubts you'll find something, but hopefully this timing doesn't make it later rather than sooner.

Susie - Glad to hear your med is still covered by your insurance, and great nsv not to eat out of anxiety/worry!! Enjoy the walk with your hubby tonight at the Y. :) Yeh, I'm really hoping that was the last of the snow for a while - like after Thanksgiving at the very soonest!! It was just too early for snow and temps in the 20's!!! :yes:

Happy - Ick, sounds like Michael Douglas is a lot more like his "Last Vegas" character than I would have thought. Ewww! Just so you know, the other three were NOT like that in the movie! The movie wasn't all about them ogling b00bage either, but there was plenty in there regardless. You are so busy - I got tired just reading all that you've been up to. I think you need to beg some donated space/equipment/time from a local bakery with a commercial size mixer & oven so you can make a lot of treats in bigger batches! Sounds like you've really done a lot of research getting ready for your flight. I wouldn't worry too much about a wireless device, as long as you know how to turn it on and off and it has an airplane mode that lets you read your e-book. ;)

Ceejay - Too bad you had to resort to getting the streets & san. people involved, and the landlord, but this is a health issue if they leave their trash laying around to draw vermin. I agree with Shad - call the health dept too!

Shad - Are you getting any "Shad time" this week? How's the new apartment working out??

Annie - I didn't see anything about Delivery Man yet. I'll have to look it up on IMDB. I like Vince Vaughn too. Too bad about the iron level being too low to donate. Next time...
===

Bf went ahead and signed me up for the gym yesterday. No initiation fee for me because I'm on bf's account, just the monthly membership fee. I might go to a class tonight.

Last night bf wanted to go to Lou Malnatis for a deep dish pizza and I succumbed. But I stopped at one slice - usually I want half of another.

Regardless of the pizza, I'm going to a WW meeting today. I skipped Tuesday's meeting, but I don't want to skip entirely - I need to be accountable and get back on track. I'm going to an 11:30 class today at a WW location a couple blocks away. I expect a gain based on the scale at home this morning.

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow and have to schedule a massage. To the phone I go!!! TTFN.
:spin::spin::spin:

ceejay52 11-14-2013 11:51 AM

It's a sunny but cold day outside. I need to be out there raking or mulching leaves. I'll do that tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Cold this morning at 22 degrees.

Happy
Hope you enjoy the visit with mom. Try to post if you can.

Shad
Question--do I call the local health department or the state health department about the garbage. I'm taking a picture of it. I'm hoping they do get rats. and by George if even one mouse is my house I'm complaining big time.

Susie
I'm a worrier too. Good job on calling the insurance. I need to quit the soda's also. Good luck at weigh in tonight.

Michelle
You don't waste any time looking for new jobs. Ugh on the colonoscopy. Like Annie said the worse part is the prep.
My last one was 2007 so I still have a few years to go before my 10 years is up, unless my regular doctor says I need one.

Laura
Are you going to the movies tonight?

Annie
Are you like me and hate to take pill's? That's a good excuse though if you don't want to give. I've never given. Don't like needles that much. But if any one in my family needed some blood I would give then.
I enjoy my sister's grandchildren. Even the grown ones.

----
It's about time to get ready to leave to go to Jonesboro. My appointment isn't until 3.15 p.m. but I have some other errands to run while there.