Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #91  

Default Appreciating friends here

Finding new posts since my last visit is like having friends waiting up for me at the end of the day. Such a comfort all of you are.

I skipped Bunco... took a depressed friend out to dinner instead. Stayed on plan except for sharing dessert. She's a fat chick candidate too... completely overwhelmed as her DH has been laid off multiple times from a variety of telecom companies. They're selling their house for teeny profit... have one kid starting college year after next, and another one with 2 or 3 years to go.

I am so grateful, tonight, to be living MY life.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Renoir exhibit in Dallas. Wheee. and it's Friday. I think I'll take my walking shoes with me to work, and get my exercise in between clients and the museum. Do you recommend walking according to distance or time?
Old 06-27-2003, 03:19 AM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
I haven't heard from him and really really don't want to but I have this curiosity about knowing he's ok. He's too old to go galavanting around like this. I'm not gonna call and ask though.
Wise choice.

Oh definitely both, Painter -- log the time you walked and the distance. Just think how impressive that will sound!

I sympathize with your depressed friend. I really don't have all that much to complain about though, considering DH is still out of work after almost 7 months. Well, except that he is seriously cramping my style in this little bitty cluttered house. But we have spent all our married life being sensible about money, so that old "save for a rainy day" thing actually is getting used. I really never expected to come upon a financial crisis where we would fall back on that, but that's technically what it's for. If we lived the way I used to live back 20-25 years ago, we'd be in serious dodo.

Bad news about the lasagna garden -- the sun is killing it! I've been watering every day and less and less is perking up. I'll be gone 3 days over the weekend. If this heat wave keeps up, my salads are gonna be real thin later this summer.

Kiwi
Old 06-27-2003, 07:27 AM   #93  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default time for me to brag

not about much mind you ---just the cool ocean breeze------everyone is suffocating all around us,and we had sweaters on yesterday when they opened the new" harbour passage"---it's a walkway--all nicely landscaped that skirts around the downtown harbourfront-------------last night i had the down duvet AND a quilt on me----this is the ONLY time of the year that i can brag about our terrible COLD weather,so i will take advantage-----dd17 is on a golf vacation in maine with her father and she says it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot,but she seems to like it!!!----------i am going for a walk this morning to the nature park [it's a peninsula/island out in the Bay of Fundy]---i will be competing with Painty with distance and time but i won't share my dessert----you are much NICER than i am miss painterpants!!!!! cowpeachia-----who the **** cares what grampsauraus rex is up to------------a young cutie like yourself should be like demi and go after the young stuff----sounds like peachbabe is having a good time on vacation!!you must be glad!!!------okay,time for coffee-----have a great weekend kiwonkers!!!!!! congratulations wabbasauri for your immense lossssss--------------we are very jealousssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 06-27-2003, 10:55 AM   #94  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi! Still fat. Finished Harry Potter. Miss having time to post. Sigh.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:15 AM   #95  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm back to try to post a decent post. Lushie, I was gone during your birthday! Happy Birthday! We're also doing band fundraisers. I'm going to send that kid with 75 other teenagers to Texas for a week in January. I'm excited but terrified.

I'm currently not on a diet, but I'm skipping too many meals. I'm back up to 182. How long do I stay at 182 before I have to change my sig?

I'm not going to my high school reunion in August. I'm going to a Weird Al concert instead! Turns out it's cheaper for all four of us to board the dogs, get a hotel room, go to the concert, and get t-shirts than it would be for me to go to Vegas on my own for the reunion, even if I stay with my parents. And I'd rather see Weird.

Bagz, I'd like to look like Demi at 40, but I'm thinking I'll probably look more like Roseanne.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:20 PM   #96  

Varoooommmmm!! It's going to be a drag racing weekend. DH just got his car back from spending I-don't-wanna-know-how-much on it for something that will make him go a teensy bit faster. This will be his first time out with it. Our friend's son will be racing too, so I'll have some friendly companionship out at the racetrack. And Doc Otis's hard lemonade on tap, wonder how many WW points? Of course it will be blasted hot.

Hey Painter! a fellow bunco fiend.

DH just called. He just got out of a meeting with some big shot muckety mucks. They awarded us a big fat contract. We eat.

Bagzie, your city's new promenade sounds lovely. We have some such thing here along the waterfront. It's called the Eastside Esplanade, then on the west side we have waterfront park, where they have concerts and such things in the summer. Not that we ever go to them. I'm holding out for James Taylor in September. Right out of my high school days.

Cherry, I believe that the updating police will not come and get you if you don't change your weight thingy at the end of your post.

Peachez, you don't need to worry your pretty little head over that old codger. Is your packing done?

Last edited by Wabby; 06-27-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:20 PM   #97  
Member w/ messiest house

Never revise a weight update upwards -- that's my philosophy.

Congrats on everyone's lovely weather, or weight loss, or fun things to do, or whatever. Going to a pond party later, hope it's not too morose. DD can't go to her friend's brother's funeral because she has to be at music camp on Sunday, and the H.S. chorus will be singing at the funeral, so I think there might be some sad goodbyes tonight.

Ta
Kiwi

p.s. Oh yeah, especially congratulations on the very concept of hard lemonade on tap. Wow. I need that.

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-27-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #98  

Quote:
especially congratulations on the very concept of hard lemonade on tap.
Kiwi, I don't know why, but it tastes extra yummy. Have fun at the pond party, hope things aren't too hard for DD, but I guess it's bound to be.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #99  
fatter than U

Talking Cute as a bug's ear!

That boy is just as adorable as his mom!

Still boring. Went to ds7's end-of-school picnic (school isn't out until July 9 ) this afternoon and got a headache. Have to go to ds10's tomorrow and get another headache.
Old 06-28-2003, 02:22 AM   #100  

Scales inching in right direction. YAY!
Renoir exhibit was a little disappointing... the paintings were mostly from time spent in Algiers. He painted a 16 year old frequently, and eventually she was his lover. Those were actually the best pictures... most everything would be impressionistic, and then the eyes of the woman would just sparkle and be exquisitely focused.

DH worked sort of late (got to work late, so HAD to stay). Went to local independent Italian restaurant.., then a co-op gallery open house. Inspiring.

Exercise bike. DH tries to help by telling me to pedal faster, or turn up the resistance. It made me furious at the time. Now I think he was just trying to help.

Tomorrow want to get regular bike ready for street riging.... maybe mulch, finish laundry ... do some sketching some where somehow. Start Harry Potter V.
Closed Thread