Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I thought I had better post now before Jen comes down again.
The kids did my food shopping & in return I treated them to dinner.
We said goodbye and I jumped into the shower. Ready for bed.
Now the girls want to come down to watch NCIS or a movie.
This togetherness is going to be the death of me

I ran into a politician and he asked me if everything was OK.
I answered "absof_ckinglutely".
I thought he would fall down laughing.
He said he's going to use it on other people.
He wanted to know if I needed anything as he heard I am somewhat retired.
I told him I used to be r e t a r ded and now I am retired.
He told me I can't use that word anymore.
It's politically incorrect. Then he laughed and repeated my word.
I told him politicians can't use that one either it could cost votes
(3fc has some serious censoring going on here now)

I am going to spend the day with Rosie tomorrow.
We worked together for many years. I love her dearly.
I sit here praying they get the tumor and the oncologist finds no cancer.
I can hardly believe this is even happening.

Anyway...I will be gone for the day & wanted to say hello to you gals tonite. Sweet dreams everyone and good morning sunshine!

Shad...tomorrow is not good for me and once again I am so sorry.
I know I have not been a good friend to you and your issues.
When your kids leave let me know when will be a good time.
Sending you my love & a hug.
Try not to harm the Ex whilst he is there.
I seriously don't have enough money to get you out of jail...
or even for a good lawyer!!!
Although I am sure it would be a case of JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE!!
PS: I can just see you doing his bidding.....NOT!!! ROFLMAO

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets...this is my Friday! YEAH!! 4 day weekend, excited to do nothing except maybe go fishing tomorrow with C. Probably spend some time with Sam and the babe on Friday, who knows what else may go on....I do have to cut the front grass, got the back grass done Monday after work, but it has been raining every night since and have not been able to cut the front.

Last night was uneventful, a h*llish storm came through about 6 pm. We watched 3 episodes of season 2 of Smallville and went to bed. Had a hard time getting to sleep but finally konked out. Sassy thought 8:30 was too early to be in bed and was all about playing so it was about 9:15 before sleep took over.

Day 3 of Advocare. I can say I am a little more energetic but cannot see any significant difference yet. Day 3 or 4 are supposed to be one of the ah ha moments of this diet. We will see. It it not really hard to stick with at all.

My knees have healed, the backs of my legs finally quit hurting (from running up and down stairs in St. Louis), however my bad ankle that I broke when preggers with DS is giving me fits. Been rubbing it with stinky stuff every night and again in the morning before work. I am hoping it is all this rain making it hurt and not arthritis setting in. I won't be able to walk if that is the case. I am walking like the dragged foot monster now. haha

SHADDIE...I would be so excited to see Ms. Sophia. She is almost a year old and now will have her own little stubborn personality. Goodluck with that. haha.

MELLIE....I say that abso f*ckin lutely thing quite often to C or my kids about things. I think it is a funny one. Goodluck with the girls, togetherness, ain't it wunnerful? haha

LAURA...a friend of mine, a guy no less, said on FB to avoid see WWZ as it was awful. Good choice not to go. How did WI go?

CHELLE...did you get your project done?

CEEG...we are having mild weather and lots of rain here. bleh

HAPPY...are you recovering from your company and working?

HAPPY 4th Of JULY in the U.S...happy Thursday/Friday SHADWICK!

Better get some work done today, early release for the 4th of July holiday!

Loves and Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Got to take Mom to the hairdresser in about 30 minutes. After that I can FINALLY sit down for a bit and boy do I need a rest. Will come back this afternoon.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #19  

Morning all. Cool and drizzly/overcast today. Hope there's improvement over the weekend.

Happy - Hope you get to rest a bit after your volunteer stints and enjoy the company of your mom.

Annie - Huh, something must be wrong, I didn't get tired reading what you have planned for the weekend. Must be because I don't have to mow the lawn, bf does. And boy is it long now. He should have gotten to it before it got so long, but now he gets to complain about having to bag the cuttings, blah, blah, blah. Enjoy your weekend. Glad your owwies are healing, hope your ankle pain eases up!!! Ha ha re playful Sass. Coal gets to rolling around on the rug in front of our sofa and we have to pause the tv because he gets to the point of drowning out the volume, lol.

Mel - I do like that curse, it's a good one. Enjoy the time with your girls. (what's up w/ Richie's dd - teenage angst or another sort of drama??) Best wishes to your pal Rosie - hope the tumor isn't cancerous. Yuck re the fabric softener scent coming through the vents! A little is fine in the laundry room, too much is no good!!

Shad - I imagine it's almost time by now for the masses to descend on your house. Hope you got some peace before that (did you get Sunday to go mute??). Enjoy your time w/ DS1 and little S.

Hi Ceejay!! Hi Michelle!
==
Nothing much to report. Trains have been good this week, knock wood. Have to confirm the usual special early express train today - our office closes at 3 pm today.

Jazzercise has been fine, but I have a twinge on my right achilles heel. Boo. There's a special holiday J. class tomorrow morning at 8:30 am which I plan to attend (in place of my usual Thurs. pm class, which is cancelled for the holiday. Might have to take it easy if the heel isn't healed by then.

I finished my quarterly reports just a bit ago, but now I need to do input for our June monthly report (goes to the boss's boss). Bleh. I'll do that right after I post so I don't have to scramble before I walk out the door today. Have to make sure there's nothing else urgent to finish before I take my time off.

Sure will be nice to be off work the next 7 days. I'd like to actually do a few home projects during my off time, including painting our powder room. Bf and I never did finalize a color choice. I might go off on my own and bring home a few samples to try on the walls. Right now we have pretty strong colors, and two different wall colors. Looking forward to a soothing neutral color and gosh will it be easier painting all the walls one color!! But now I'm thinking it might need primer to cover the darker color, aaargh. Have to paint the ceiling too. But if I get through that, I'll get to the more pleasant part - choosing a new window treatment and towels/accessories.

Okay, enough and back to work. C'mon weekend!!!

Everyone have a wonderful 4th of July, holiday or not!!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #20  

Oh, forgot to report that yesterday's ww weigh-in was fine, lost 2.2 pounds. Still not back to my lowest ww weight of a couple weeks ago - I have another .4 pounds to get back to that. After that, more poundage to banish!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

Congrats Laura!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A horrid morning for work. Came in and my co-worker said the main control panel is down. Ugh It took them till 10 a.m. to finally figure things out. We have an electrician here now and they are about to wrap things up. And the tanks are about to get full again. I've had to operate the plant using the breaker boxes!!!!!! Do you think the "Man" upstairs is trying to tell me something.

I'll be back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #23  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

No time for personals...busy day at work. Got a lot to get done. And I feel a migraine coming on. I'm off tomorrow for the holiday, but since I'm a contract employee, I don't get paid...so I'm working Friday. Hopefully, I'll be working from home, but if it's a super hot day, I may choose to go into the office and enjoy the air conditioning.

have a wonderful 4th everyone!!

happy early birthday to Laura!!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Congrats on the weight loss.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No time to post today, although I may get back during the day providing the Ex co-operates. No guarantees on that.
Time to get showered and changed and go out to the airport for the first arrival.

Mel no problems with chatting or not as the case may be. I don't have any issues I can't solve. I know that you are champing at the bit to put the world to rights, but unless both of us are up to the mark we will never be able to break the 3 hour record. Friendship is intact and thriving.

Today is A-day (a = arrival) - checked the airport. First flight is on time. I may not be. Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #26  
Happy September

Going thru my e-mail in the office.
Waiting for the accountants to leave.
They're wrapping up the reports for last weeks audit. Sigh.
No maint. man this afternoon.

I found the e-mail for another FREE meditation from Oprah & Deepak.
A 21 day challenge called "MIRACULOUS RELATIONSHIPS".
I think I've had a few of them and they're lucky to still be alive
It starts on August 5th.
HERE IS THE LINK IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED:

https://chopracentermeditation.com/home

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #27  
Happy September

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

HOPE EVERYONE'S WEEK IS GOING WELL.
YESTERDAY WAS A BIT CALMER.
LOTS OF STREETS ARE CLOSING TODAY.
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE A BACKPACK OR FOOD COOLER.

THE TOWN IS CORDONED OFF IN SOME AREAS AND MONUMENTS ARE BEING PROTECTED.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE.
REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS WHERE YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE & DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.
SAD TO SEE THE CHANGES IN THESE MODERN TIMES.
FOR SURE WE HAVE LOST OUT INNOCENCE.

THE KIDS LEAVE EITHER TONITE OR TOMORROW FOR THE TRAILER.
AND I WILL BE WORKING WITH MY FRIEND TOMORROW.
IT'S HER LAST DAY FOR AWHILE. THE DR SAID SHE COULD WORK ONE MORE.
GOOD THING CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE TOOK OFF FOR LOOOONG WEEKENDS
WE'RE BOTH LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING ALONE FOR A WHOLE DAY.

NOW I AM OFF IN SEARCH OF SOME BREAKFAST.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND STAY SAFE

SHAD.....HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FAMILY.
HOPE IT ALL GOES SMOOTHLY.
I AM CHAMPING AT THE BIT NOT TIO HURT PEOPLE RIGHT NOW

Annie....good for you with the Advocare. glad it's easy to follow.
sorry to hear about the foot but you cracked me up with the monster walk.
My "broken" finger is killing me. Maybe it is the weather.
Hope you enjoy the long weekend.

Laura.....Congrats on the weightloss!!
Good job. I love the idea of new paint and new curtains.
You can have a good time deciding. I like changes like that.
Primer is definitely a good idea. Much better than 5 coats of paint and praying

Happy.... waving hello and hope the visitor is still happy!

Ceejay... I think the Man upstairs is trying to tell the whole world something!
Hope your day today is much better.
Using the breaker boxes must have been a PITA!!!

Michelle...I don't know how you do it with no A/C.
God bless you and Santa.
Hope Friday is cool at work and the migraine does not fully develop!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #28  

Morning all. Happy Fourth of July!!

Mel - Hope it's a quiet long weekend in the building for you and your friend. Love the FoJ graphic!!

Shad - Hope the flights arrive as scheduled & you enjoy your visitors.

Michelle - I hope the migraine didn't go full blown on you. So I take it you decided not to go to Tahoe? Stay cool!! So crazy hot in your part of the country.

Ceejay - Sorry work was such a mess yesterday. Hope the electrician fixed the panel and you're back to business as usual. Or are you off work for the weekend???

Hellos to Annie & Happy.
==
It was nice getting home early yesterday. I prepped for taco night and walked doggy. Tacos - yummmmm.

This morning was Jazzercise class. Right now I'm considering if I want to walk a few blocks up to the parade downtown - it starts in about 90 min.

Nothing else firmly planned for today except our village fireworks display at 9:30. Prolly gonna grill some chicken and corn.

That's it for me. Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-04-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

Back from fishing....we caught a lot of fish however none big enough to bring home for fresh fish dinner. Instead we are having the fish C caught a couple of times ago on the grill instead, just waiting on them to thaw. It is all good and will be. Mostly caught too small blue gill, sun fish and a couple of crappie.

Tomorrow I am going to dad's house to do all the outside work. Weeding, mulching, and mowing. I asked my bro who lives there what I could do to help and he suggested outside work..well blow me down...gladly...right down my path. Heading to Home Depot to get a few items to do yard work. I am actually excited to do it. Just hope the rain holds off as it is now raining here now. I AM SICK OF RAIN. My garden begs for a break. Zucchini is wilting.

Not much else, thinking this rain is making me lazy!

Loves
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Family is here. They still all appear to be asleep judging by the silence coming from that end of the house. I would have thought that Miss S might have woken by now, but the poor little soul was so completely out of routine by the time she got to sleep that she may not waken for some time. Meantime the doting parents might require some rest so I wont go making too much noise for the time being. Miss Puss has her nose right out of joint.

Interesting - I found a website for the Brisbane airport - arrivals and departures and that gave me a radar version of where all the planes were in the various flight paths around Australia. So I found the kids flight number on this little airplane and tracked it as they flew to Brisbane. Once the flight got over Tamworth in NSW, I left the house to drive to the airport. We both got there more or less together. Oh the wonders of the Internet.

Mel - so sad that the world has come to this place where our freedoms are curtailed because other people don't want us to be happy. And not being able to take food into the venues is really bad news. Not only do the venues have crappy food stalls, some of which are not safe even, it costs the parents a small fortune to feed the kids from them. Prices just skyrocket since they have a captive audience. And they never seem to think about the problems people with food allergies and medical conditions have. Do they cater for them - No they do not and you have to get special permission for even a baby bottle these days. Paranoia reigns supreme.

Laura - Happy birthday. Do I have it right this time?? Maybe not since I can't find mention of it anywhere. Hope the fireworks were exciting.

Annie - fishing and gardening. Does it get much better for you. Hope you can save the wilting zucchini and get dad's garden up to scratch.

So I might go and hang some washing out - looks like a good day for a change. I have some sheets and duvet covers in the wash and they should dry today. And then I better go child proof a few bits and pieces round the house. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote