Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 07:13 PM   #16  

Oo, it went really well until I had a root beer float before bed. But then two days ago I had an inadvertent vegan day -- I just wasn't hungry and ate very little.

OK, I'll try for another vegan day tomorrow.

If anybody else wants to try going vegan, we could start a support thread. But maybe there aren't enough people who do.

AR
Old 09-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #17  

OK, it doesn't seem like there are many aspiring/current vegans here. I just went two and a half days vegan, and, while I'm not going to be 100% any time soon, I want to keep improving. I'm going to start a journal on 3fc to track my progress. Anyone who's interested in veganism etc. is welcome to follow along!

Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #18  
Spreadin' the luv.

Hey, Aqua. I've only seen you and I around who aspire to be Mostly Vegan. I need to get a recipe book, soon!

I keep forgetting to post the recipe for those lovely falafels. Pooey. Tonight!
Old 10-10-2003, 03:10 PM   #19  

Default GO VEGAN

Hey, it's so cool to see all you veggie people! i'm a vegan. (No meat, milk, eggs, basically anything that comes from an animal i don't eat it wear it or use it.) I became vegan about a year and a half ago when I saw a video, I believe it was meet your meat and I cried for like 2 hours. And ever since then I was vegan. I never realized before how much suffering the animals go through.

I tried to become vegan in the past and It was SOOOOOOOOO hard for me. I guess it was because i was so uneducated about what i could and could not eat. But once I educated myself on nutrition and all that fun stuff it's easy. And when it comes to food nothing is ever easy. When i 1st became vegan I lost about 10 pounds, but when I realized all the yummy vegan treats i could eat I quickly gained. but when i started eating right and working out i lost close to 70 so far. I eat about 1500 cals a day and get enough protein which everyone always says "how do you get your protein?"
Plus I get 100% or more of all the vitamins and things us woman need.

Here are some vegan recipes for anyone that's interested check out this site. www.vegweb.com you can make almost anything vegan. And it tastes Great!!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:33 PM   #20  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs down Hey, Alice!

Geez. I've been horribly neglecting this thread.

I know you posted like a week ago, Alice, but, HEY!!

Thanks for the info. on going vegan. I'd like to have vegan days - in fact, I'd like to get the point of eating vegan at home (eating out is a different story, and I could never give up an egg now and then).

Yeah, I read a book about the treatment of animals, esp. for meat, and couldn't eat meat any more. I've been a vegetarian for a year now. Unfortunately, being just a veggie doesn't protect you from LOTS of processed foods (like mac and cheese) and I've gained weight. Still, the philosophical weight (or karmic or whatever) of eating animals is gone and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks a million for your link to vegan recipes. I'm gonna need some major help.

See you!
Old 10-26-2003, 10:27 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Just visiting, Cerise, since I'm not currently veg and don't want to crash the thread. I was vegetarian (ovo-lacto) for many years, vegan sometimes. Not sure why I hadn't seen this thread before, but the discussion is interesting. Have a good night everyone!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:30 AM   #22  

Hello all!

Glad I bumped into your thread here.

I am looking for info about Textured Vegetable Protein-- We can easily find either Bob's Red Mill with the nutritional info labeled or "Generic " bags w/ no nutritional info. The generic is so much less money that I can't help but wonder ... what is in it... One "health food " store manager said that all the TVP really comes from one manufacturer anyway so not to worry.... I wonder..

Thanks for your input!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #23  
Spreadin' the luv.

Here's a link to a resonably informative page on TVP:

http://www.mycustompak.com/healthNot...efits-Concerns
Old 10-29-2003, 06:04 AM   #24  

Default Wacky Wednesday

Thanks Cerise-- you're the best!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:36 PM   #25  
Spreadin' the luv.

Alice, baby, I owe you one. I went on vegweb (and found a link to vegan essentials, another wonderful site) and got this a-MA-zing recipe for Kale and Potato Soup. Vegan! You're the best. Thank you for helping me.

AND, veganessentials.com has vegan SHOES! Athletic shoes that I was looking for! Huzzah! You're the best.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:02 PM   #26  
it's always something

FYI, we have a new Veggie Chicks forum under the Alternachicks group, if you want to carry on there!
Closed Thread