Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #16  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

SO.MUCH.SNOW

I'm in Sask and we have had the most snow I have ever seen. It's becoming increasingly difficult to shovel the walks as there is no where left for the snow to go. Not to mention our city's really really crappy residential snow removal. The ruts are so bad I can hardly get my car out. I love Canada, and I love winter ( I will love it more when next year I can go snowboarding!!! ) But I am just DONE with this snow!!

Come on spring. It's going to be the messiest of all springs, but just NO MORE SNOW!!!!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #17  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone.... how's things? I haven't been around in so long I only recognize one name... Hi Rose.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SILVERFIRE -- glad that you popped in over here. WE had more snow and lower temps here as well. We have the same problem at our house, where to put it all? I have a guy removing it for us. We have a wind storm going on outside right now. I will welcome spring early too, as I would like to get out walking soon.

I have been so busy with my tumor surgery and recuping from that and a flu I caught while in the hospital; and now I just started my Chemo Treatments on Monday (a long process to prep and lots of appts for that). I am doing well though. Please come by now and then; it's nice to have some more activity around here besides myself ...

AUNTY JAM -- so nice to see you back here again; missed all our Canadian friends over the last while, but with all that has been going on in my life since late last fall (finding out about the huge tumor I had in my abdomen, and so forth, that I explained to SILVERFIRE), I've had a lot on my plate; and dealing with DH'S Alzheimers and other health issues too ... phew!!!

Hopefully, things will quiet down for me from now until spring as I finish the chemo rounds and get some much needed rest. I can spend more time coming in here when I feel well too. Hope all our other Canadian friends are having a great February; can't believe it's almost over already.

Well, with the month of MARCH looming so soon; then spring won't be far behind ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-26-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi everyone!

I'm in the Yukon. It's been a beautiful winter here, so warm! It's been mainly in the -5 range for January and February, with 2 dips down to -20 for a couple of days. We yo-yo'ed between -5 and -35 in November and December, but its been warm ever since! Its amazing how happy having a warm winter makes me. It helps make up for the length of winter!

I'm a busy mama to 3 little ones- 4, 2, and 8 months. I need to make some major lifestyle changes- I need to figure out how to make working out happen, and I need to make the decision to start eating well. Waiting around for some motivation to find me isn't working.

Nice to meet everyone!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #20  
Rosebud

CLEVER ~ happy that you found this site and our Canadian thread too. We've had an up & down winter too; some mild days in January that we had a huge storm that flooded my sister's basement -- yikes! Got that all cleaned up, but then it dropped down to the -20's C here and we are further down south.

Up north (in the Timmins area of Ontario), where our home is -- had temps go down to -50 C with the windchill, and the -40's in regular temps. Hey, I am kinda glad now that we've been here this winter and missed that. I had noticed that are heating bills were a bit higher; so, there's a sign ...

When my chemo rounds are done; and I am feeling 100%, then we will go back home in the late spring. I am so grateful and thankful to my sister and BIL that they let us stay here in their lovely home (actually a B & B that is closed right now for renovations and rest); and they have helped looked after me in my recoveries from surgery and chemo.

PLus, they have been taking such good care of DH for me who has Alzheimers and other health issues too. That alone has been the greatest thing for me, as I wouldn't have been able do that on my own. We are blessed; and I pray GOD will bless them mightily for their kindnesses and generosities towards us.

Come back and visit us whenever you can; I find coming here keeps me grounded -- aware and accountable and active too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #21  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Saskatoon ?

Just wondering if there are any fellow Saskatoonians kicking around here?

2Bhealthy - flooding is terrible! I am a little concerned that once the eleventeen feet of snow finally melts its going to flood everything, I live in an older neighborhood and the plumbing isn't awesome. Fortunately our house is on much higher ground than the rest of the street, so it should be OK... We borrowed a snow blower to move the snow away from the house. Fingers crossed, its supposed to be warm all week. Its great that you have an awesome family to put you up and help you through your chemo Here is hoping for a speedy recovery!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

Hello all fellow Canadians. I'm in northern Manitoba and was thrilled when I ran across this thread. It's funny because as soon as I saw Canadians I just automatically got a feeling of ...ahhhh theres my people. Feels imediately like home. Weird eh
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #23  
Rosebud

MYGIRL ~ glad you found us over here; people from all over this great country of ours, come here and use this site. I just like to hear from others who share our large space and see how things are where they live. I have siblings in Southern Ontario and one way up in FLIN FLON, Manitoba.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #24  

Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy. Way up in Flin Flon lol..... get in your car and drive another 4 hours north and you'd find me. I will definately be checking in here on a regular basis. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #25  
Rosebud

MYGIRLVJ ~ I think your little pooch is adorable -- looks like a she, but could be wrong, I guess.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #26  

It's a he. His name is Reggie, I call him Reg. Oh I so love him.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #27  
Gotta run!

Aw! Puppies are the best! Hi!
<--- There's mine.... Chase on the left and Snoop on the right.

Rose - I don't think I knew about the tumour When did you find out? I had a rough time with my Dad passing so that's my excuse for not being around.

Silver - Not in Saskatoon but I've been there.. does that count? I've spent quite a bit of time in Saskatchewan since I have family near PA.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 03-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Justwant Thanks for starting this thread I guess it will be spring soon enough. Glad you are recovering well.

I was born in Labrador NFLD. My Dad was in the Canadian Forces and we also lived in Alsas Saskatchewan then settled in Ontario. We lived in Kingston then Newmarket when my Dad changed careers and retired. I moved to Toronto in my late 20's and never left. I also lived in Thunder Bay for a few years. I go to Sault St Marie often.

I would love to see more of Canada and plan to.

We have had more snow this year then in the last few.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #29  
Rosebud

MY GIRL ~ I think Reg is adorable; looks like a bundle of fun...

AUNTYJAM ~ I had tests done in November and got results in December; and had the surgery on December 24, 2012. They had to get it out fast, as it was huge and was making me really ill -- besides causing me to lose weight (about a lb a day while still eating 1800/2000 cals per day), there were other unpleasant symptoms too, which is why I went to see the doctor in the first place. He told me right away that he was worried about why I was getting so thin and my stomach was not (it was actually getting bigger).

So I had emergency surgery less than 2 weeks after seeing him. THANK GOD for his mercy; it all went well. Bless that wonderful medical team and hospital of such caring staff -- words cannot convey how grateful I am to them all for their excellent care. I was only there for 7 days and recuped at my sister's place in her B & B -- so kind of them to take care of DH and me. What a job that was but they have been so fabulous and generous to us.

Now I am taking chemo (round #2 this Tuesday coming), and they are still taking care of us. Taking us to all the appts. and trips as well. May GOD bless them mightily for everything. Sis says she wouldn't have it any other way and she knows I would do the same for her (but that isn't gonna be, right?)...

Have had only mild symptoms so far: hot flashes, fatigue, acne break-out, and some hair loss this week, I'm afraid -- but it will grow back and I'll get some head wraps this week. I was sad to lose it as it took at least 7-10 years to grow but I'm told that it will grow in even thicker and healthier; and I think that will look nicer too.

WEnt for blood tests today and did a bit of shopping. I'm still able to eat as the nausea has been short and doesn't last, thank goodness. So many blessings despite everything. Condolences on your father's passing ...

PEAR ~ nice to have you drop by this thread. I have a niece that lives in THUNDER BAY. She works at the university there; and is getting married this coming June 1st, so we are all going up there to the wedding (as her mom is my sister and we are staying with them through my chemo rounds). I am hoping I'll feel well enuff to go to the wedding as that will in between round 5 & 6. I've never been there, so am looking forward to the trip really.

Gotta go right now; the dinner bell just rang ...
Old 03-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #30  
Gotta run!

Rose - Wow.. that was quick and drastic. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and that you have people taking care of you. Was it actually 100 pounds???

I am so ready for spring also.... it comes at 5somethingam tomorrow but it still looks an awful lot like winter here. We've had double our usual amount of snow already this month I can't wait until it's all gone so I can take my boys out running again.