Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Oh JO! That is a bummer!!! Definitely get it checked out. Cam's doctor kept asking him if he heard a loud pop (for the elbow ligament)...Cam could not remember.
Funny thing; they extended the tryouts for 2nd week, and Cam is like...for the love of God please cut me already -- He knows they won't pick him, and even if they did we would, most likely, not take the spot and let him heal...but commitment is a commitment and he is not going to show weakness -- Cam is just tired. He grew from 5'3" to 5"10 in a year (last month 1 inch) and he has another 4-6 inches to go. -- Dr. thinks he will be somewhere between 6'2-6'5" But that takes a lot out of him and he is just a wreck. -- These sports are too serious

ETA: A shrimp like me produced a giant He was 10 pounds at birth and looked like a football player I never pictured of having a tall kid like him. DD is 5'7", so she is no shortie either. I married well
Unfortunately, when they are growing that fast, they are more prone to injuries too.
I was able to get him in tomorrow because he had broken the collar bone last year, so he is already a patient of this ortho. doc., thank goodness. I am just waiting to see if our doctor will push through the referral in time, we have hmo, which is a pain in the butt when something like this comes up. ugh.

I agree, way to serious.

Wow, my sons would love to be that tall! My oldest is 5'9", but his chart only puts him at about 5'10 or maybe a little more if he is lucky. I told him he could be done growing, or he could have one more spurt in him. DH is not much taller than me and DS keeps asking why I didn't marry someone taller Like he would be around if I married someone else

ETA, that's funny, DS has a scrimmage tonight too, but they are not letting him take infield or pitch. He may hit. b-o-r-i-n-g. He was so looking forward to this season, this is gonna kill him!

Last edited by jomatho; 03-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #167  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Krystal How is your foot doing?
Much better, thx for asking. I've only ran once since starting RICE therapy.
I did get new inserts.

I'm tired as H-E-Double Hockey Stix!
I hate working where I do. Medical Corporate America SUX!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #168  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Any other hospitals near by? -- I think nurses are abused beyond belief! -- I have had a few few hospital stays, but the biggest one was the birth of my son (I gave birth to my DD in a private hospital where we were the only "customers" and oh boy, my stay was VIP)....any case I gave birth to my son in a BIG hospital. My nurse was there with me and who knows how many other moms to be. She was a saint. -- My doctor showed up for the big event, and he was not pleased that I went into active labor at 3:45 am. -- I actually yelled at him...lol I was in so much pain, and this particular dr refused to induce me and let me go over 10 days past my due date because he estimated my baby being 7 pounds; he was 10 lbs So when he came in with a *****y attitude because he was woken up, I lost it....hehe... I told him that I would much prefer my nurse delivering my baby.

You guys are amazing! the patience and tolerance, just amazing. -- The stress level much be sky high...everyone knows that the nurses actually do the hard work (shhhh...don't tell that to my son, brcause he wants to be a doctor )

Krystal
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #169  
Fat to Fab and Fit

This IF stuff is making me feel like a when I eat, I just get so stuffed. I guess I have always liked eating BIG meals. -- But if that scale keeps going down, I think I have found the love of my life I feel guilty for being this full.

I am done for the day, and that means 24 h fast.

This may be TMI; I have had this really ugly soft fat in different places of my body. Each time it turns into this goo looking stuff, I actually get excited. Latest one was on my arms... and then I had a drop on my scale and all of a sudden my arms look skinnier. It looks really yucky at first tho.

Jo, any confirmation on your son's appointment?

Where is Deb? Or Larry?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #170  

Quote:
This IF stuff is making me feel like a when I eat, I just get so stuffed. I guess I have always liked eating BIG meals. -- But if that scale keeps going down, I think I have found the love of my life I feel guilty for being this full.

I am done for the day, and that means 24 h fast.

This may be TMI; I have had this really ugly soft fat in different places of my body. Each time it turns into this goo looking stuff, I actually get excited. Latest one was on my arms... and then I had a drop on my scale and all of a sudden my arms look skinnier. It looks really yucky at first tho.

Jo, any confirmation on your son's appointment?

Where is Deb? Or Larry?
Yes, all confirmed for tomorrow morning.
He must have gone to the scrimmage and told the trainer that I suspected there was more going on than what she thought because she just called me to tell me that she re-evaluated him and he was testing positive in the AC joint test.
That means he has some kind of sprain in the joint between the clavicle and the shoulder, which is right where his pain is. There are grades of sprains, so we need to find out tomorrow what grade his is. I am hoping it is low grade, but I am concerned because he heard the popping. Also, there are 4 ligaments there, so depending on how many ligaments are involved, that affects which grade of sprain also. Hopefully only one. Strangely enough, this injury is usually caused by a fall onto the shoulder or hand, haven't found any reports of it happening during throwing I think that is why the trainer didn't perform the joint test last night because it happened while throwing.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #171  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Funny thing, Cam's teammates had teased him that he has a hot mom... I guess I am improving
Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #172  
Fat to Fab and Fit

UGH, today will be a rough day.

I woke up with full blown PMS. My boobs are like water balloons, my face is "blooming", I am STARVING and weight up by a pound (so far). -- I always make a warm bfast for kids, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns etc....and I just wanted to have some. I quickly fed the left overs for the dog

I am going my best to do 24 hour fast, but I don't know if I will have the will power to fight through these cravings and hunger.

This is why I originally got interested in IF. So we shall see.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #173  

Quote:
Funny thing, Cam's teammates had teased him that he has a hot mom... I guess I am improving
Uh oh, watch out for those teenage boys! Especially if they start calling you the MILF
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #174  

Quote:
UGH, today will be a rough day.

I woke up with full blown PMS. My boobs are like water balloons, my face is "blooming", I am STARVING and weight up by a pound (so far). -- I always make a warm bfast for kids, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns etc....and I just wanted to have some. I quickly fed the left overs for the dog

I am going my best to do 24 hour fast, but I don't know if I will have the will power to fight through these cravings and hunger.

This is why I originally got interested in IF. So we shall see.
ME TOO! My boobs are huge and achy! My cheeks and lips feel like they are pumped up. AND, I have slight cramps and feel bloated. I usually don't feel cramps until the day before or day of, so it makes me wonder if I will start earlier than expected. My app says in 5 days, but we will see about that.

I have a busy day today, taking DS to the doctor this morning, my dad will be over finishing the project from ****, haircut for me at 1:30 , oldest DS to baseball, youngest DS to his haircut at 4:45, fix dinner, get oldest from baseball, and in between all that I have to do some laundry, run 2 errands and, hmm, I think that is it.
Soooo, I will do a good fast today, but it will not be 24 hours. My window ended late yesterday, so I will probably stop around 20 or so. I can already sense that I will be hungrier today, uh oh.

Sum, Just do the best you can and try to go as long as you can. The more hours you get in the less chance of eating junk. Also, plan out exactly what you will eat when you are done, so there isn't any room for extras. Make a plan in case you end it early. Matter of fact, why don't you plan out an early cutoff time just in case so there are no surprises and if you get to that time and are doing well, just pass right by it. If not, you will have a plan in place. You will not binge! I want reports! I will try to check in between "events" today to see how you are doing.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #175  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I feel like an alcoholic; one hour at a time ... I woke up at 6 and it is 8:20 am...I keep telling myself; you can do it, you can do it

Good luck at the doctors! I hope it is something minor!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #176  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Uh oh, watch out for those teenage boys! Especially if they start calling you the MILF

COUGAR

RAWR
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #177  
~Krystal~

MORNING ALL
I lifted last night and increased the weights. My ar$e is friggin sore as all get out!!

I semi-fasted yesterday, after consuming about 1500 cals between Midnight and 8am!!
I stopped at 8, went to bed. Got up early to go back in to work for a bit--paperwork stuff--. Went to the gym, lifted heavy, got really really low Blood Sugar, although idk what it was--no meter.
@ 9:30 I ate 4 GU Chomps (90 cals)
finished my workout til 10pm
When I got home, I had a Recovery Shake (115 cals) & FELL OUT in my bed!!
I think I still consider that fasting!!! It was only enough nutrition to get me through the workout and to recover.

I woke up this a.m. @ 830 and had Almond Butter and Banana--that's kinda pivotal for me!!! Like 24 hrs!! Something I may NEVER get into the habit of doing!
Kuddos to you Kristiina and Jo for being able to pull off a 24 hr fast.

Maybe after all the running.

So, on 2/07, I was measured at the gym. I was supposed to do this whimpy circuit using a row of cable weights, which I did maybe 4x max. I was to warm up 15 min on the stairs and do 30min max effort on the dreadmill after the circuit. Well, you all know how long that lasted! Once I was able to run outside, it was bye-bye dreadmill!! I was also supposed to be re-measured after my 15th visit, which would have been like 15 days ago or something.
I go, but I don't always report myself as coming in. Anyway, when I thought about going was when I was like 147 or something. I wasn't going like that!! So, I went in last night to do it.

Results: According to their scale-loss of 1.7
Measurements: Gained EVERYWHERE except my oblique area--under the 'girls'. Big gains imo 1" in my arm and 1" in my upper right thigh!
The girl doing it said it was all muscle. She commied, "I measure women all the time, this is NOT fat. What is your goal? You have almost no body fat on you."
This was after I told her I was considered "Skinny Fat". She disagreed 100%!!

I'm holding at 143.6 & happy with that # for now!

Hope you all have a great day.

Missing Deb and Larry! I hope you 2 are ok!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #178  
~Krystal~

Food For Thought: I bought some Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix. I thought it was just baking mix--like flour! I put 5g in my omelet this a.m. It was REALLY FLUFFY!! I think I like this idea!! Thanks Kristiina!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #179  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal, I just searched your crockpot recipe....making it now.

Did you bake the omelet in oven? I usually beat the eggs and milk really frothy....first I place the wedgies on pan with oil then pour the egg mixture in, cook it for a little bit, and then finish cooking in the oven at 350, I usually add cheese right before putting the omelet in the oven.

Hehe....my gluten misery brought some positive out
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #180  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Darn iPad...the wedgies....hehe...veggies
Closed Thread