Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #16  

Good morning girls! Off to the hospital in about 15 minutes or so. Keeping my fingers crossed this does the job and that she is there promptly and we can get the ball rolling without me sitting in the room too long and getting anxious.

I am so glad I finished that blanket before I needed to go to the hospital though. I wouldn't have finished if I came home and wasn't feeling well so I am glad it is all done now.

Maggie: We bought a faucet with a high neck and one of those pull down sprayers from the faucet, which I like. I know we have to buy a deeper sink when we replace it though as the high neck makes more of a splash. My shoes did fine yesterday. I have to get used to the stitching, but otherwise seemed to be ok.

Well gals, I am off. Have a good start to the week all. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #17  

Good morning ladies! Sunshine and 43 degrees right now.

I've had a really bad, miserable head cold. I mostly slept for 2 days and now it is starting to go away. I haven't had a cold in a long time.

Nothing exciting in my corner of the world. I have a doc appointment at 2 pm today for my annual check up.

Faye, I hope everything is now fixed and you get to feeling great again. The blanket is cute. I'm sure the little girl will love it.

Maggie, do you have a website for your shoes? I need to get some good shoes for every day. The problem for me is I can't wear athletic shoes because the toes turn up in them and my foot doesn't bend anymore. They are very painful. Once the swelling gets out of my foot, I'll get orthodics so they can fit better. We have a store here called Good Feet and they custom make orthodics for your foot. I need padding under the ball of my foot because right now all I have is bone on skin.

Have a great day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday ~ Weigh Day

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

AH it is a 42º day here in the ♥-Land that feels like it is 39º with a low of 27º tonight. Tomorrow they say we will get some snow. The little bit we got the other day is just about gone except from the really shaded places.

I am a happy camper for I really did think I would show : a “maintain” or be up this week but like I said before “I just never know” for I am down two pounds. I am now in territory that I have not been in years and am excited and want to keep losing and losing. We didn’t go out to Applebee’s’ after all last evening so I just had a Schwan’s frozen dinner of blackened chicken and veggies which I ate with my chop sticks out of my bamboo bowl. The points are comparable to the ones of LQ and WW ones and some are even better tasting. I get them when they are on sale.

The chops are thawing and I can get the spices on them and stick them in the fridge for 4 hours prior to smoking them. The ribs won’t have to be spiced that way for I’ll just rub them before placing them in the smoker. I will make some baked beans and salad to eat with which of the meat we choose to have for this evenings dinner. Finally I get to use that smoker for the first time since I got it. I have been wanting to try it out but things have just been getting in the way of it.

DONNA FAYE on getting that throw all finished for I know that is a load off your mind. Are you going to post a a picture of it. I like looking at your handiwork. I’ll keep my that all goes well with your procedure this day. Better than that I will say a prayer for you. Your new faucet sounds great. I have seen those advertized and that will be what we will put In this kitchen when this one goes ca-poot. I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

SUSAN I don't buy my main shoes on line for there is a store in town here that sells SAS shoes. They are so comfortable for me. I am so glad your cold is abating ~ I don't get colds often either. I don't remember the last one I had even. One of my Fast & Healthy books arrived today ~ the one with the copyright in 2009. It just arrived so I will have fun this afternoon going through it. All the pictures look so good.

WALK OFF WEIGHT WHEN YOU SHOP
Turn the grocery store into a walking track and shop in laps, working your way from the outermost to the innermost lanes.

STEP IT UP
Get a pedometer and start walking. Start with 2,000 steps a day – about 15 minutes of walking. Add another 5 minutes (500 steps) each week. There are sneaky little ways to add more steps to your day: Use a cordless phone and walk while you talk, walk around your couch during TV commercials or park your car in the farthest spot at the mall and hike in.

Time has come for me to go put the spices on the chops and get them back in the fridge so I’ll type at y’all another time.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #19  

Good morning girls. Well, it didn't work out like I planned. She told Jack she couldn't do the ablation because my uterus was too big so she did another d and c and said she was "aggressive" with it so all I can hope is that this works. I came home around 2 pm yesterday and am doing ok, just having residule symptoms from having surgery, sore throat, come coughing up stuff, some cramping and bleeding, stuff like that. This just better work as I have no other options except major surgery.

Now that this is all over, I hope to get back to normality with WW, exercise and all. I hope this takes away the symptoms and I feel better. I did yesterday afternoon, but this morning I am not feeling great, but then I think all the anesthesia and such has to works its way out of my body and I think I must have bit my lip during surgery because I have a sore spot inside my lip.

Maggie: I posted a picture already. Go back a couple posts and you should see it.

Susan: So sorry you have a cold. I know how bad a cold has to be for you. Take it easy as much as you can with working all the time for now. Don't want you back in the hospital.

Not much else shaking here. I am going to go and get myself some breakfast. Have a good day all. Faye
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #20  

Here's an interesting article I found on the WW website. It's worth a try!

Meditation and Weight Loss

The relaxing powers of meditation are well known. But can simply sitting and breathing help you lose weight?
Article By: Valerie Reiss

Meditation is a centuries-old method for clearing the mind and calming the body. A few decades ago, it was known only as an Eastern religious practice or as mysteriously bohemian (the Beatles, for example, were avid meditators). But in recent years, meditation has gone mainstream.
Recommended as a stress-reducing technique by hospitals and doctors across the country, meditation's myriad benefits include reduced blood pressure, healthier arteries and an enhanced sense of well-being. With all these benefits going for it, meditation is an ideal tool for relaxation and self-discovery on the way to your weight goal.
Breathe Your Way to Peace — and Thinner Thighs?
"The very core place to start is the breath," says Alison Shore Gaines, a holistic counselor at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Lenox, Massachusetts. In her "Conscious Eating for Sacred Nourishment" workshops, Gaines teaches students to take five deep breaths before eating. "A lot of times when we eat habitually, we get poised for action — we lean in and the tummy gets tight and we get ready to shovel," she says. Taking five breaths relaxes the body and clears the emotional palate. "This way people enjoy their food, they really taste it, they really see it — and they eat less because they're enjoying more and going slower."
Before you get too excited, though, remember: Meditation is not a quick fix. "You can&39t just magically sit down and meditate and tomorrow have no weight on your body," says DeDe Lahman, a certified yoga instructor and body image lecturer in New York.
A Practice of Presence
Of course, a meditation practice involves more than a few deep breaths. But it is simple. "Meditation is about stopping and being present, that is all," writes Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, in Wherever You Go, There You Are; Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. He adds, "Mostly we run around doing. Are you able to come to a stop in your life, even for one moment? Could it be this moment? What would happen if you did?"
What happens on the physical level is what Herbert Benson, MD, the Harvard doctor who initiated meditation studies in the 1970s, calls the "Relaxation Response." He discovered that during meditation, brain waves shift into a state similar to — and sometimes more relaxed than — sleep. This level of relaxation lowers the amount of stress hormones that can contribute to pain and illness.
Meditation can also clear a foundation for healthier thinking and feeling. "When you meditate, all the junk comes up, all the clutter," says Lahman. "The negative body images come up, the desires for certain foods come up, and the emotions that are attached to those desires come up. The more they surface, the more you can put them in your mental recycle bin and start with a clean slate," she adds.
Meditation How-Tos
There are many types of meditation. Find one that resonates with your beliefs, and make sure your instructor has plenty of experience. In the meantime, you can try the following:
  1. Sit straight in a comfortable, quiet place.
  2. Close your eyes.
  3. Relax your muscles.
  4. Pay attention to your slow and natural breathing.
  5. When distracting thoughts occur — and they will — simply notice them and gently bring your attention back to the breath. You may have to do this often at first.
  6. Continue for 10 to 20 minutes.
  7. Try to practice once or twice daily. With time, meditation will "bring a sense of relaxation, of coming to peace," says Gaines. "And from that place of peace we make better choices."
Meditation is not a magic cure for weight issues, but it can help curb emotional eating and pave the way for a healthier relationship with food.

© 2012 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2012 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus® are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #21  

Good morning, ladies! 47 and heading for 55 degrees today and sunshine. I'll be going for my walk after work. I missed a few days and I feel the difference.

I had a good doc appointment but I am down another 1/2 inch so now I'm 5'3" which means I need to lower my goal weight which is discouraging. I may just leave it where it is for awhile longer. She did say she thinks I may need my thyroid meds adusted because it is swollen so we are waiting for the results of that.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I watched the Super Bowl. Just getting into football now that I'm 70. It was a good game. It would have been a whole lot better if the Steelers were playing.

Faye, I'm sorry she couldn't do the procedure you thought you were getting but hope this does take care of things. It took me 3 days to get over the anesthesia. That could have been because of my breathing problems or just the way my body works. I hope you are feeling better and can get back to exact finally.

Maggie, thanks for the heads up on the SAS shoes being sold locally. I'm going to check the outlet stores here and see if I can find them at a good price. We have about 250 outlet stores now in Williamsburg. The doc also recommended I go to Good Feet and get orthodics for my shoes with padding under the ball of my foot. Those cookbooks do have great pictures and the recipes look good. I'm going to try a couple over the weekend.

Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

It snowed while I was sleeping ~ right now maybe almost an inch. It doesn’t look like it has finished just yet for it is still coming down lightly. The temp is 28º and feels like 15º. If I was a kid again I would be out building a snow man.

I am one happy camper. That indoor electric presser smoker is now one of my most favorite appliances. The chops I cooked in it only took 40 minutes and were so fork tender and tasty. Better than the ones we did outside in the traditional smoker last summer that took 5 hours that weren’t as tender. I smoked enough for another go-around this evening. I used the same type wood chips in it that I have to use in my Cameron stove top smoker. Next we will smoke some pork ribs then a whole chicken and a turkey breast for the holidays or sooner. We are anxious to cold smoke some cheddar. One thing I really like about it is that it is so easy to clean up after it cools down. Having a good smoker is a great program aid. It also smokes veggies. I have a large cookbook that is all about smoking that I will be using beside the little booklet that came with the smoker. I think this appliance and my brick lined Cuisinart oven are my two main most favorites ~ well have to add the microwave into that mix. Will will still use his big outdoor smoker for larger items in the summertime. Life is good.

Last night when it was time to go to bed we couldn’t find Cecil anywhere in the house. He was outside sniffing around our old garden area. Little scudder finally came when we called him. I think now when it gets dark we will be closing that back door and if the dogs need to go out they will let us know.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully the procedure they performed on you will help get rid of that pain. A person can stand a little pain but not a lot of pain for long periods. I went back and saw that picture of the throw. Sometimes when the thread comes up the additions don't come with it and I think if it was there when I read that post it must have happened then is all I can figure. Anyway with the bows on it do make it more "girlie" ~ I like it and am sure the new mom will also be jazzed to get it.

SUSAN So you are shrinking and so need to lose more ~ ouch. Just when you have it in your mind how much you need to lose you are thrown a curve. My other cook book should arrive today. It is interesting with all the nutritional information they put in the book they didn't list how many proteins are in the recipe. They do list the diabetic information including the very lean meat category though.

BUMP UP THE RESISTANCE
Resistance training sculpts your muscles and makes you look trimmer and tighter. Grab a pair of dumbbells or a medicine ball. Lie back with knees bent, feet flat. Extend your arms straight back so that your biceps are next to your ears and dumbbells are about an inch off the floor. With abs tight, slowly crunch up and down, keeping arms stationary. Do two sets of 15 lifts.

CLOSE YOUR EYES ON THE BALL
When doing abdominal exercises using a stability ball, close your eyes. When you don’t have a focal point, you feel unbalanced and your core muscles have to work harder to stay balanced.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

It is a chilly 30 day here in the ♥-Land and I am staying inside until I walk to the church for Bible study this evening. The wind isn’t blowing which is a good thing.

I have not been getting to sleep well after going to bed ~ seems like for the last few nights it has been 2 am the last I looked at the clock. Coffee has never kept me awake before but I am willing to give this a try ~ instead of having my Latte in the late afternoon I will have it the first coffee in the morning and then none in the late day or evening. I am starting that this very day and am sipping on one as I type.

Have any of you tried the WW frozen breakfast of French toast and turkey sausage links? I received a coupon for 4 of them and Will picked them up this morning when he was out and about. I guess by the time I eat 4 of them I will know if I like them or not. I should be getting my order from Chefs Catalog today and looking forward to those little whisks I will be getting for mixing up small amounts of salad dressing or sauces and such. I love having the proper tools to get a job done ~ a fork will work but not nearly as good as a small whisk. I used to have a set but they weren’t all on one ring and all but one has gone by the way-side through the years. The one little whisk I have now ~ I have had for well over 20 years. Fed Ex just brought my order and everything came in good shape. I am pleased with all the items. The round baking tiles are terrific. I will put one in with the camp oven. First I will make a card board sleeve out of the packing to slip it into to help protect it and keep it clean and in one piece.

SUSAN I received my other Fast and Healthy cookbook which was published back in 1998 and has different recipes in it than the newer version does plus it has the 411 on the protein. Will got this “used” version for me but it is in “new” condition with the paper cover still on it. However, it isn’t spiral bound. So we got both of the books for @ $6.00. ~ such a deal. I will have fun this afternoon going through it page by page ~ it also has great pictures.

DONNA FAYE I hope you are doing better today with your procedure behind you and that throw completed. I know you are anxious to get on with your weight loss program. Hope you are feeling better each day.

SLOW-MO YOUR MOVES
slow it down when lifting weights. Take four counts to lift and two to lower. Research shows that abdominal-muscle activity is significantly greater when lifting than when lowering. Slow down the upward phase and you'll increase the most beneficial part of the exercise.

1-MINUTE LUNGES
Do you have just a minute to tone your legs and butt" First thing in the morning and last thing before bedtime, do five rear lunges (step back and lower until front thigh is parallel to floor) on each leg then do five squats. this one-minute addition to your day adds up to 300 lunges and 150 squats per month.

Type at y'all later I am off to read my new cookbook.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #24  

Good morning girls. I was kind of under the weather yesterday and had to take a pain pill so was kind of dopey feeling all day and slept a lot. I am hoping sooner or later the residual effect of the procedure will stop and then I can see if it solved the problem. For now, I don't know.

We received all our luggage yesterday and Jack got his lanyard so two more things for vacation I can cross of the list. The luggage is top notch and we will use it to go to Chattanooga so we shall see how we like it. It sure is big enough.

Susan: Interesting article, thanks for posting it. Darn, you keep shrinking and you are going to have no points to eat with. Is there a reason she thinks your bones keep compacting so to speak? Hope you are feeling better with the cold.

Maggie: I kind of think the frozen breakfasts tend to be a bit cardboard. The turkey sausage is ok, but the pancakes or the french toast seem to be tasteless to me. I kind of like the Jimmy Dean rise and shine things with the turkey sausage and the egg whites, bet even those I rarely eat.

Kelly is trying to help me figure out why my email keeps getting hacked. I am not sending any of you emails so if you get anything with my email address on it, delete it. If it was something I sent, it would be important and I would ask you about it if I hadn't heard a response so ignore anything that shows it is from me. We are eliminating one thing at a time, but I am going to completely change emails if it doesn't stop.

Nothing much going on here today. I have to get out in the kitchen and put away dishes and reload the dishwasher of breakfast dishes and then go upstairs and make the bed and put some clothing away, but I am not allowed to lift anything for awhile yet so can't really do much and frankly don't feel up to it yet anyway. Jack is going to try and shampoo downstairs carpets this weekend since we never got to them.

Have a great day all. Faye
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #25  

Good morning, ladies! A cold day for us at 37 degrees but sunny.

I'm going to dinner tonight with Sandy and then Saturday she, Glory and I will go to tea and then I'll be going home with Sandy to spend the weekend since she is off on Monday. We plan to do a lot of quilting.

Did any of you see Dr. Oz on Tuesday? He had 8 morbidly obese women - 4 were making money by putting videos of themselves eating on the internet. There is a whole sexual thing called Feederism. The other 4 were just very obese although 1 had done the Feederism thing to support her children but had stopped. They talked back and forth about what they were doing and how they felt about being so obese. After that Dr. Oz told those who didn't want help losing weight to leave. He set the 6 who stayed up with life coaches and the tools to lose weight. I hope he has a follow up at some point.

Faye, I keep shrinking because I have osteoporosis. It makes your bones like swiss cheese and they get shorter, too. The disks in the spine wear away and if it gets bad enough you get the hump back. The inhalers I use cause osteo and I've used them most of my life. I think my grandmother had it too because she got shorter and bent over as she aged. It's always nice to have good luggage. I've cut down to 26 P+ so I'll gradually lose some more. I'm also aiming to walk 2 miles a day in addition to my weights and yoga.

Maggie, I always thought people were strange that said they couldn't drink coffee in the evening until it started causing me sleepless nights. It was sad because I do love my coffee - but also tea so I have decaf tea in the evening. I love to read cookbooks and look at the pictures. I even make something once in a while! LOL

Have a great day!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #26  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Good afternoon Magnolias for it is noon thirty here and a whopping 32ºs which will climb up to 39ºs before the day is over and sink down to 19ºs later. I am so ready for spring and planting season. I want to get our veggie garden planted.

It worked out good for me last evening for I didn’t have any after my latte in the morning for I fell asleep earlier than I had been. I did wake up with a headache though which is gone now that I am sipping some . I have some good Green Tea that has a delicate flavor and healthy antioxidants in it to have this evening. The lid to this coffee mug has a tea bag hook on it and came with an insert where I can use loose tee in it also. So it looks like I will be a tea drinker in the evening ~ but I do like tea so it won’t be much of a chore. There are a lots of decaf teas out there and I will get some more. I believe I have some lovely tea up in the cupboard to choose from. We make sun tea in the warmer weather.

Will is working at the Museum this afternoon then has a board meeting to go to at First Call so won’t be home again till around 6:30. I plan on having dinner ready when he gets home which will consist of smoked ribs, salad and gratin potatoes. I have a slab of baby back ribs in the fridge as I type that will be put into the smoker closer to dinner time this day. I guess Will really likes that smoker because when he went shopping for a few things he came home with the ribs and a brisket. I trim off all visible fat before smoking the meat. He was also thrilled with the divided china plates I got for he had thought they would be smaller than they are and thin china. They are heavy porcelain like the grab it bowls and nice sized 12” by 8” and 1¼” high. They have one long section and 3 smaller ones. They sell by twos and after Will saw them he said I should order another set because I don’t run the dishwasher every day and we will probably be using them a lot for lunch. At first he thought I would be the only one using them and that two would be plenty. I will probably be ordering another set of two soon. We so don’t like using paper plates all the time like some folks do. However, I can see that would be handy and cut down on using the dishwasher. We also use a lot of cloth napkins ~ in fact there is a pile of them laying flat on the dining room table that are asking to be folded and put away even as I type.

DONNA FAYE I am sure you will be feeling much better soon. It does take a while for those drugs they give you to work their way through your system. I know you are relieved to get it all over and done with. I did reply to one of your e-mails that the site had a virus ~ it was probably one of those you didn’t send but the virus you have did. Just changing your e-mail won’t work though ~ you have to get that virus out of your computer that is causing it to send out e-mails. I have not tried a French toast and turkey sausage meal yet but will when I get off here this day for my first meal. I will give you my review on the morrow on what I think about them. I do have some sugar free syrup I can use if there isn’t enough and can sprinkle some fresh ground nutmeg on them to perk them up a bit.

SUSAN I have lots of those little page tags on pages in my cookbooks for things I want to make and I don’t know if there are enough days left in my lifetime to get around to all of them. But it is fun for me to get a new cookbook and go through it page by page. I have mailed in the cards from a couple WW magazines for new cookbooks that aren’t “sold in stores” so should be getting them one day soon. Interesting little tid bit ~ do you know that there is no Yoga without Hinduism and no Hinduism without Yoga. That came straight from a Hindu. He was telling of the millions of Americans dabbling in Hinduism without a clue on some talk program years back.

TONE DURING COMMERCIALS
When watching a TV show, get up and off the couch and tone your butt during commercials. Lie on the floor with your left knee bent and foot flat; keep right leg straight, six to eight inches off the floor. Inhale and push down through the heel of your left foot until your butt and lower back come off the floor. Exhale and squeeze your glutes for about 15 seconds. Repeat four times, altering legs.

CLEAN YOUR WAY TO THIN
Housework burns up abut 250 calories an hour (about the same as walking). So clean up on your weight loss plan as you clean your house.

All you wonderful Magnolias have a good afternoon. Type at y’all later.

PS: I decided to come back today to tell what I think of the French Toast and Turkey Sausage breakfast put out by WW. I used my own Sugar Free Maple Grove Farms Butter Flavor Syrup and sprinkled fresh ground nutmeg over the toast and it made a delicious and filling breakfast that I would recommend to all weight watchers.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #27  

Good morning to you all. It is quite chilly here this morning and I am getting ready to take Fortune to the Vets for his shots and grooming so only have a couple minutes.

Maggie: I have an excellent virus and spam program neither of which is showing I have viruses and as they stay on all the time they should catch them. I actually received something from Gloria's email yesterday that is carrying something, though I didn't open it, just deleted it.

Susan: I find obese women that put themselves out there for ridicule truly sad and frankly this Feedism thing is just that. It is basically no different than women posing in those sex mags or online, it is frankly exploitation and nothing else, but I think women that are hugely fat a lot of times hat themselves so much they will do anything to get someone to love them or the distorted way they see love anyway. I too hope he follows up to see how they are coming along in the journey.

Well I have to run. I have to get him over to the vets and I should have been there 5 minutes ago. Have a good weekend all. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 02-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #28  
Web Nana

Donna Faye,
I was browsing through the 3fc site and noted that you received an email from me yesterday. Glad you didn't open it as I did not send it. I think I did open the last one you sent but did not open the link on it. I wonder if all my email addresses are now compromised? I have a MAC and never have had a virus I will have to ask at the Apple store the next time I have a lesson for their advice.

Hope you are feeling better and as time goes on that the procedure that you had done will do the trick for you and your health.

Maggie: You are so good with your eating and all and I am sure you will sooner or later reach your goal. Patience realizing it is one step at a time helps. I have kept the 30 lb. that I lost 3 years ago off all this time and it is not easy. I would like to lose another 10 but I will not worry if I don't.

Jean: Hope you are enjoying Maui!

Susan: Glad to know you are doing better with your knee, etc. I think bone lose goes with aging and I have lost an inch within the last 2 years.

I don't always see this site but I do drop in and lurk every once in a while.

Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias. It is currently 26º here in the ♥-Land and “feels like” 7º and they say it won’t get any warmer this day. Burr is all I can say. Cutting back on caffeine seemed to help me out in that sleep department so I will follow my own advice and watch what I intake late in the day that has caffeine in it.

That indoor pressure smoker is a real keeper. The ribs turned out so good ~ much better than we have ever had. I rubbed them liberally with a dry spice rub mix. I had gotten the recipe from it out of a smoker book I have and it is one of the best rubs I have run across. I had mixed up a small peanut butter jar full of it and had it on hand. Next I will smoke that brisket then a whole .

There is a dinner this evening at the museum for the workers and their spouses and I am not planning on attending. I know what is on the menu and I don’t feel like being tempted with those yummy things this day. I only know two people down there and one is the director and the other is my main squeeze. I’ll let them all have fun without me this go-round and I can stay on program much better this way. Will will go and have his dinner there and doesn’t mind at all that I have opted out for he understands and is fine with my decision.

DONNA FAYE I sure hope you are feeling better this day. Some things are made to sneak by the virus protection programs and live on folks computers and send out infected e-mail. They are sneaky and hide in messages. I had to have my computer completely gutted of all my programs and then reinstalled to get rid of one of the kind that the virus protectors don’t detect. I hated the fact that folks were getting stuff sent by my computer and I would run a check and I got a message I wasn’t infected. I knew there was something in there and they sure enough found it when I took it into the experts.

GLORIA How nice to hear from you for it has been awhile. I was just thinking of you and here you are. You are so right one step at a time is the key. on keeping that 30 pounds off. Hope to see you back again soon.

SUSAN How are things in your neck of the woods this day?

DO YOUR CHAIR SQUATS AT WORK OR HOME
Stand several inches in front of your chair wit arms extended in front of you, and squat down until your but barely touches the seat. Then stand and rise up onto your toes. Repeat eight to 12 times.

GET OFF-BALANCE
At the end of your workout, stand on a balance board or disk for 60 seconds. Your body has to work up to 30 percent harder on a wobbly surface than it does on a stable one. Once you feel comfortable balancing, try doing lunges with your front foot on the board.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. Type at y'all later

Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #30  
Thin Within

Talking Cloudy Cold Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Good early afternoon Magnolias on this very cold Saturday. The temperature is 12º and “feels like” 1º ~ yes that is one and not expected to get any higher than 20º with the low of 8º. This is a stay inside day for this happy camper.

As yesterday afternoon progressed and I had eaten only 2 points+ worth of food I decided I was feeling strong enough to go to the party last evening. We had a great time and lots of folks were expressing the fact that they love to hear us pop off with our comments. We did have the group laughing a lot. I won one of the things being given away in a drawing and it is a book of songs from the days of the pioneers and the civil war era. It is nice and thick with history and songs with the music printed along with great pictures. It is one they sell in the museum for $20 and well worth it. Will won a nice little Craft Man set of tools in a case that will fit nicely in the Jeep. Now when Will says something about one or another of the volunteers I will be able to put a face to the comment. They are all a great bunch of folks. One of the couples that sat at our table were interesting for she is a retired school teacher and he is a retired game warden ~ both fun people. The other couple at our table were equally fun to be around. The lady is the one that gave me that neat wood animal necklace and the gentleman also does some stained glass work. So I was very glad I felt strong enough in my program to attend. I ate some pulled pork and a salad and drank a bottle of water. I turned down the beautiful looking piece of cake the lady wanted to serve me. Then the nice lady came back with another piece and asked if I was sure I didn’t want any. I smiled and said, “I am sure, but thank you anyway.” It was a local bakery made cake that they gave the group as a donation and I am sure it was a gazillion points. I got out of there with my program intact.

I am going to be doing some glass work this day and not much else since the house is in order. All is quiet this moment in the house for the animals are all sleeping; taking their morning nap. I can see Beanie right outside my door and Ragg Mopp is on the couch. I don’t know where Cecil is.

SCULPT YOUR BACK WITH ‘WALL ANGELS’
Stand with your back against a wall, feet apart a foot away from it and knees comfortably bent. Start with arms overhead, palms out and your upper body flush with the wall. From this position, slowly move your arms down, then up, keeping elbows and the backs of your hands on the wall at all times. Do two sets of 10 sweeps.

GET GOOD LOOKING LEGS WHILE YOU CHAT
When you’re stuck talking on the phone, stand with your feet in a V – heels together, toes apart – and do a plie' (lower your hips, bending your knees as far as possible, while keeping your heels on the ground). Focus on squeezing your inner thighs together as you rise up again. Do 20 slow plies. On the last one, stay in the bent-knee position and lift and lower your heels eight to 15 times to target your calves.

All your Magnolias have a wonderful day. I'll type at you another time.