Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #46  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning all!

It's work for the next 2 nights fr me. That does NOT give you a hall pass to quit, give up, throw in the towel, or eat a day/night full of junk

Kristiina: This WILL happen for you--140s are so close. & just so you know, if it doesn't, I'll not beam out in BRIGHT RED LETTERS TODAY, I'M AT 140 GOAL GOAL GOAL!!

ok, I'm being nice now.....starting in 10 minutes!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #47  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

chickadee55 - Hello We have shoulders here As for the exercise, you just have to make the decision to do it Not easy to start, but once you get going, you feel sooo much better

Kristiina - Look at you!!!! Running!?! That's so awesome!!!!! And those shapes you talk about are way more important then a number that appears on a piece of machinery Way to go!!!!

guacamole - I feel your pain... as have most of us in this thread. We are the ones the tv never advertises about, cause we lose slow and not the big magic numbers that some do, Just have to look at where you started, see where you are now, and know that only better is going to happen by doing the right things for the right reasons - YOU Make a decision, stick with it... and set a goal. Let's say if you do 5 hrs of exercise in a week (or the number you are comfortable with to start), then you can have/go/do such-n-such as a reward... positively reinforce yourself Want a pedi? Make sure you hit your goal first...and no giving in - can't collect until you reach it. Just a suggestion of course, everyone is different

ThinkinThin - Always a scary realization to find out what we did to ourselves before, but you are taking steps to change that Like Kristiina said, the start of it all is always the hardest... then it just seems almost habitual

Krystal - Next time the almonds call to you, tell them you are not listening, Keep strong at work!!! You have been the master of your own choices lately there, and I think that's awesome!!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #48  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

HA, HA, HA, HA Krystal!

I am truly feeling my age today.... BUT we still did our 6.6 mile walk at a very, very brisk pace (4.2 mph).

I learned a thing about myself today. I am actually 5' 3 1/2" tall....all that counts

My highlight of the day. My size 8 jeans needed a belt today and my belt; I had to use another notch!! Scale may not show my progress but clothes do. -- I have a feeling I will have a nice whoosh heading my way. I have basically been stuck 151-153 range since January 5th. I had a 3 pound drop the week after TOM, when I went from 155 to 152... I am REALLY hoping the same thing happens this month and I get to bounce between 148-150 the month of February.

We promise to behave whilst you are slaving away; hehe!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #49  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Guacamole
: One thing I have learned in this journey: It is easier to stay OP then to get BACK OP! Same is true for exercise. I would probably be correct in saying that if you wait until you are motivated to exercise, it probably ISN'T going to happen. You just have to do it. Maybe think of it as a job…you have to be on time, dressed in the correct attire, meet certain qualifications for the job, & perform to the best of your ability once you're there. Exercise is no different. In the world of running, we say, "The hardest step is the FIRST one out of the front door!" I find this to be very true!!
to you--even if it's just walking! DO IT

Thanks for the advice! You are right, that I white knuckle through my eating plan just so I don't fall off the wagon. I know how hard it is to get back on. I suppose I will have to look at exercise the same way.

Last edited by guacamole; 01-26-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #50  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
guacamole - I feel your pain... as have most of us in this thread. We are the ones the tv never advertises about, cause we lose slow and not the big magic numbers that some do, Just have to look at where you started, see where you are now, and know that only better is going to happen by doing the right things for the right reasons - YOU Make a decision, stick with it... and set a goal. Let's say if you do 5 hrs of exercise in a week (or the number you are comfortable with to start), then you can have/go/do such-n-such as a reward... positively reinforce yourself Want a pedi? Make sure you hit your goal first...and no giving in - can't collect until you reach it. Just a suggestion of course, everyone is different
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think rewarding myself for exercising sounds like a fine idea!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #51  
Fat to Fab and Fit

152 official weigh in.

I am taking a day off from walking, I am very, very sore. My 106 mile month is really wearing me down so I think I will scale back to 4 times per week until this insane soreness gets better. I will do weights tho -- I tend to be a tad bit obsessive on everything I do

I had a good OP day yesterday. I ended up 1500+ cals. I feel better when I get minimum 1400 cal on walking days. I think I was under feeding myself.

Today I am shooting for a low sodium day. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

everyone have a F A B day!

Last edited by Sum38; 01-27-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Good morning everyone,
guacamole, to paraphrase what the others have said you have to just do it, one day at atime, even if that day is not your winning-est day.
Not weighing in today as I am feeing puffy. But will on the next day I do not.

On plan yesterday (a higher cal cycling day, did 1650cals) and will do my best today even though I must attend a small birthday gathering.
Must remember to drink more water today.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by forloveofself; 01-27-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #53  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Kristiina - Look at you having to belt your size 8s!!!!! Awesome!!!! You totally are owning this! Apparently some of what you loss fell to your feet and added a half inch to your height too! What a great deal!

guacamole - How are you doing?

forloveofself - I am on the mission to increase my water too... it's hard to actually be deliberate about water intake sometimes... but you can do it. Great job staying on your plan!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

HEHE ItsMyTurn -- I may end up at 5'10"

I had a LAZY day today. -- I was exhausted after my workouts...I fell asleep around 9 am, and napped till 12 noon....then kids got home (half days) and we decided to watch movie and I slept through that as well.... IT FELT GOOD!! I can't believe I slept that much! DH massaged my legs last night, and all this rest today; I feel great. Ready to do a walk/run tomorrow.

I am very low calorie wise today, but I haven't really done anything anyways

Hope everyone will have a nice OP evening.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #55  

K9OwnerI loved what you MIL said and have decide after reading your post that I will now think of it as having a meal plan as opposed to dieting. Meal plan makes me feel like I am more in control. Diet makes me feel more deprived. I also liked what you told guacamole that it is easier to stay on plan than get back on plan. That helped last night when the wine was calling me!

KristinaThanks for the words of encouragement. I was actually so busy yesterday I didn't have one of my snacks. I could have, but I was so tired I just went to bed instead. Congrats on those size 8s and tightening your belt! That's fantastic.

My official weigh-in is not until Monday but the scale is moving in the right direction. Last night was my official weigh and measure at Curves and since December 27 I have lost 3.5 pounds and 5 inches. I'll take it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #56  
Fat to Fab and Fit

ThinkinThin5 Nice job!!!!
I am taking measurements next Friday... I am looking forward to it

Where is our Larry?

Pretty good weekend for me. Staying at 152 pounds. Calories have been between 1500-1700. I took two days off from walking, and my muscles seem to be doing better. I think, we will walk today.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #57  

Hi everyone
Sorry I have been so hit or miss lately on here, more miss than hit for sure!
I get so much out of these boards, I really need to do better at that.

So this is it. In my head I am liking my weight loss journey to a marathon. I have been running this long, long race, have had to slow down to a walk a few times at the end of the summer and the last month or so, but now, in the far distance, I can see the finish line and I feel like I finally have the energy to put in my final kick to the finish line. So mentally and physically I feel I am ready to give my 100% again and get to that finish line.

I am not officially changing my goal on my profile, but after talking with my doctor last week, I am just setting my sites to get under 160 at the moment and then take it from there. 160 seems so close and I think that is just what I needed mentally to give this a good go again.

Yesterday, I started back with my weight lifting and got in an awesome 2 mile run, kicked my own butt, thank you very much.

Day before that I did a fat burning interval (running) workout on the treadmill that was around 60 minutes total (not all intervals obviously or I would be dead).

Goals for this week, keep up with my morning walks with my friend-60 minutes each 4-5 times, weight lifting at least 3 days, and intervals or a good hard short run for at least 3 days.

My weight is still up, but I am waiting for TOM to leave the building so I can get a good gauge of where I am at with that.

That's my plan and I am sticking to it!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

JO I am so glad to see you! -- And I am glad to hear you are ready to finish this off. -- I have gotten so much lately by hanging in here... I too, am ready to get to my goal.

This is usually the point where I give up. I get down to 150 range and then boom...I start gaining it all back, because scale always stalls here.... I have walked 113 miles this month, and some of you know, I am a maniac what comes to speed. I have burned 10 000 calories by walking, but I have stalled at my 152 pounds the whole month...this time, I AM NOT GIVING IN! I am refusing to look at that number...I am going by my clothes (size 8 jeans ) and measurements. I know if I stay on this path, eventually that evil scale has to give up it's stubborness and show some lower numbers. I will be patient

We had a GREAT walk this morning. My condition is getting better and I can maintain fast speed and still hold a conversation. It was snowing and the woods were absolutely gorgeous! We walked 6.7 miles. I think we will add an extra loop to get to 7 miles next time.

I have added some calories to my daily life. I think 1200-1300 calories was too little. I upped it all, we shall see if that makes a difference. I feel less tired tho.

Ok, sorry about my ramble.....

AND!!!! WAKE UP KRYSTAL! Sorry, was I too loud for you?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #59  
~Krystal~

Someone brought the demons out! & on a Sunday--of all days!!

Old 01-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #60  
~Krystal~

Alrighty, well....I'd like to officially introduce all of you to my counter-personality:: "Skye". She's been here my entire life, but she has only had a name for about 3 yrs.
Skye loves to go out and have a great time & usually ends up getting me in ALOT of trouble!
Needless to say, she went out last night for a colleagues birthday party and just got totally beside herself--to say the very least.
After much alcohol intake & over 3 hours of dancing, I did not feeling like doing too much of anything today. Hence, I've spent the better part of this GORGEOUS day in bed, instead of running my long run this week!

Better luck next time......
Closed Thread