Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #16  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

princessgina - back on track is how we work it! You totally own your success thus far, and just need to find that fire ignited again You got this!

alaskan - Sorry to hear of all the trouble with the ear infection. That all sounds super sucky. Glad to hear the infection itself has cleared and no rupture though. Great job on trying to workout and a HUGE CONGRATS on your NSV!!!!!

Krystal - I love how your mind works! Motivation is what starts us on our journey (or renews our desire), but sheer determination, drive, and perseverance is what KEEPS us on the path and doing the right things. As for the bedroom - my DH loves it... then again, he has finally learned to keep his mouth shut on the decorating end as there have been many times he has expressed worry that something won't work - until it's done and he loves it. Now he just hushes and let's my vision go, LOL! Win-win! Oh! And for a plan... after talking to my mom last night, her and I have decided to "up" our cardio this week - and I am also upping my water intake. I think both have lacked enough to help my body through the "ugh"s,

Kristiina - So sorry to hear of your crappy week Shake it off as a new week is starting. You have the knowledge and tools to do this
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone, Good to see you here. Congratulations on your successes, both NSV and scale.

Welcome TheBunneth

Weigh in this morning 178.2.
I've been trying a new tactic. 2 days 1300-1400 cals, 2days maintenance cals. Awoke "feeling thinner" this morning, hence the .6lb difference to the good. Not sure if a fluke or just on to something. Still feel a bit bloated. I've also lost .25 inches from waist, so 1.75 inches until initial goal.
Continuing with the hand weghts and walking indoors, sholved snow, a couple of times, the places close to the house the blower and snow plough does'nt reach.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #18  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Kristiina: You were on a roll, dear. Now is NOT the time to jump ship on me!!! Get yourself back in gear--put your snowsuit on & get back out there! I'm not breaking this plateau without you!!! Well, actually, I don't want to, but if I have to I will…….

Star: I love how your mind works! Scary!!!
Hey good luck upping the cardio and h20. Your skin will love you for it!

Loveofself: for NO FLUKES! We've seen enough of those already!!

AFM: I've had a crappy week. All this rest is not what my "On the Go" brain likes. I've been a trooper, however. I hope and pray I have FINALLY broken this stupid plateau. I'll know for sure by next Friday. I am down 1.4 this week to 146.0--last week, I was 147.4.
After reading My Plateau Nutrition Story, I am convinced I am NOT eating enough.
I just don't know how many cals to eat. That's pretty sad after almost a year into this. I may invest in a FitBit. All of this trying to figure all the numbers out is really getting to me.

Happy Weekend to all of you
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #19  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Krystal Something GREAT happened today!!

P and I were taking our walk, and conditions were horrid; so much snow. We hiked 4.6 miles, and I was totally soaked.... I have been lacking motivation and I was not really excited over this super hard workout....P kept saying but just think about that bikini! -- So I said, I need some short term goals. -- I said once I fir into this size 8 outfit; silk pants and silk top from WHBM, we will do a really nice dinner out. I said it probably fits me 10 pounds from now. So once we got home I pulled out my size 8 box and the pats FIT! I have a small muffin top but they FIT!! So about 6 pounds and the outfit will look GREAT! -- So I decided to try out my size 8 jeans, and they FIT! And are not even tight!

Maybe an off week was a good thing. I think the 2 pound "gain" is sodium.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #20  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning ladies and Larry!

How is your weekend going?

I stayed OP Scale was down; 151.5... I will get under 150!

I made a really yummy dish last night; http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pork-ch...ta/detail.aspx
Really this stuff was soo good!! -- I browned the chops for a minute or two per side and then I braised them in beer and chickenstock for 40 minutes. -- I served them with homemade roasted potatoes. I wanted to keep eating more but I stopped at one serving

Last edited by Sum38; 01-22-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #21  
~Krystal~

Well, yesterday's attempt to drink a few glasses of Merlot ended HORRIBLY!!
Here's the scoop on my Saturday night binge that turned out to be my Spike Day by force

Saturday's "Off the Chart" Menu
NOW Protein Shake: 451
Ezekiel Bread 1tsp Sunbutter, coffee: 169
**Pre-workout Fuel**Heart Healthy Trail Mix, PB2 Oats: 139
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Chicken Caesar Salad: 536
Merlot (12 oz) ***Should have stopped right here!!!*** 285

JUNK: chips w/7 layer dip, 2 Macadamia Nut cookies, grapes, Honey Bunches of Oats w/skim milk: 966
Total: 2840

Exercise: 631
Water: 72 oz

Sunday (Cravings ALL day) Menu
**Do you know how long it's been since I had a craving??? Weeks!!!
NOW Green monster (I could NOT justify wasting this pre-made shake): 551
Wendy's Grilled Chicken Breast w/baked Potato, Kettle Corn, Ice Cream (4oz) : 464
Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 116
Dinner: TBD
Total w/out dinner: 1131

Water: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH 48 oz
I'll drink more before midnight.
Exercise: I have yet to run or do much of anything today. I do plan to do some weights in 30 min.

This is an example of a VERY BAD weekend for me. This is OLD habits resurfacing. This is the old me lifestyle. The part that sux the most is I'm craving sugar. I was doing so well.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #22  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

I stayed OP Scale was down; 151.5... I will get under 150!

I made a really yummy dish last night; http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pork-ch...ta/detail.aspx
Really this stuff was soo good!! -- I browned the chops for a minute or two per side and then I braised them in beer and chickenstock for 40 minutes. -- I served them with homemade roasted potatoes. I wanted to keep eating more but I stopped at one serving
for 151.5!!!

I can't wait to try that recipe! Thanks gf!!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #23  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
So I decided to try out my size 8 jeans, and they FIT! And are not even tight!

Maybe an off week was a good thing. I think the 2 pound "gain" is sodium.
I STILL can't wear an 8!

I did buy a "new to me" dress this weekend, size M, and it's a little roomie, but the color matched a pair of shoes I bought 4 yrs ago to a tee & for $8 USD, I HAD to buy it!!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 148/148/120

Height: 5"2

hi everyone,

I am really hoping that this will work this time...for the past year I have been trying to lose about 25 pounds and I have been yo-yoing. I know it is calorie intake and exercise but I have not put my mind to it. I am ok most of the day until I get back from work and then I eat in front of the tv at night- mindless snacking. I really need help and some motivation.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

TheBunneh and chickhen ! -- This is a great place to start. We all dance slowly here. A nice group of ladies and Larry! -- I look forward to following your journey and be here for ups and downs!

Krystal ... only 2 pairs of 8's fit -- It just kicked my motivation back. -- I was reading about the spike day...I used to diet like that, I think I told you about it. I lost 30 pounds, very easy, and I was only a few days away from my cravings... Sorry about the Merlot! -- I am glad i am completely avoiding alcohol because it always started my binge eating and all those bad cravings BUT it was only one day and I know you will overcome those sugary wants...sugar is worse than heroin, they say

forloveofself I love waking up feeling thinner Congrats on your 178.2!!

ItsMyTurn and princessgina00 What is going on in your lives?

I hope alaska is feeling better!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #26  
Fat to Fab and Fit

No weight change for me; 151.5.

I had a low calorie day yesterday, 1118 cal. Not intentionally. I ate bfast kinda late and I was busy all afternoon until about 3:30 when I realized I had not had any lunch. -- DS and DH were starting to complaint about being hungry, so we had an early dinner around 4:30 pm. I packed in 850 calories on that meal and I was STUFFED! I did not have an evening snack either....oh well, I will add some extra calories today. I am burning a ton of calories each day by walking, and at times I feel a bit tired....so I may be under eating....

I think I will try the Spike Day diet as well...., and I think I may need to trick my system some.... Saturdays will be my Spike Days; I can start eating out with friends again .... But only lunch I want to stay away from alcohol temptation I learned something from Krystal here

I have planned, so far 880 calories for the day. My goal is 1400-1500 for today. -- We will walk our 5.2 mile loop, and DH wants me to start doing more weights and core, so I may do some weight training today as well....

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Hello Everyone!
Welcome chickhen Not to worry, you will get your motivation back.

K9O sorry for your sugar craving but you are pretty disciplined, so give yourself credit for that.

Sum, Hoorah for fitting your sz 8. Those surprises are always welcome. Isn't that a wonderful feeling! I've been having a similar experience with clothing.

NSV I've started to sort clothing for upcoming trip and for possible move in summer. almost everything from last summer is too big! also had to get rid of more winter clothes, including coats.
So I have another bag full for Hospice and a new shopping list!(I can only replace one or two pieces at a time, but look forward to it.) I can take in the waist of some trousers and have them to wear for a while( I often have to be grungy anyway, so those are fine) even though the thighs are so roomy. It is still so strange to put on a blouse that was tight, where the buttons strained, and now overlaps! But I'll get used to it

Size 10 here I come! (in about 5lbs for my tops anyway and 2lbs for bottoms)
1300-1400 cals planned today and tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by forloveofself; 01-23-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: t please!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #28  
~Krystal~

Chickhen!

Glad you could make it over!

Kristiina: I'm soooooo thrilled I could inspire you!! (sarcastic tone)
Whatever works, right??

Loveofself
: for those size 10s. I'd offer mine, but then I'd be nekkie! Borrow Kristiina's since she's "Miss I'm an 8"

So, I know all of you are thinking, "Yeah, she FINALLY went off plan and it's catching up with her." and Kristiina says, "Yup, she silently criticized me when I stopped logging for 3 days" (of course I noticed, we are MFP friends)

HOWEVER, last night DID end on a good note!
plus some floor work= 421 cals burned
Dinner was 1/2 Protein Green Monster: 274, ending the day with 1405 cals
Water: 72 oz

I WILL NOT succumb to old habits.
I WILL be nice to myself & learn from this weekend!

On top of that, I am ready to burn through this week. I have to work Thurs/Fri nights, but M-W are mine, & I intend to OWN them. I'm planning 2 days of bodyrock and 1 day of pumped cardio. I WANT this darn scale to move & if it doesn't, I want to see my abs more defined. Hey, I want the latter more than the first!!

So, to all to have a great week. I hope you all have some sort of plan. If not, get to making one. The worst thing you can do is try to do something without a blueprint, happenstance just don't cut it with lifestyle changes!

Post what you're doing this week. Type it out. Yes, I know you know what you're doing, but I wanna read it & I want you to stay accountable, not to me, but to yourself & if you don't make every goal--it's NOT the end of the world (we hope)!!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #29  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

This week, due to lack of movement on the scale again - sticking to more cardio and upping water. I am happy with how I have done so far, and have to continue - maybe Sunday will show me reward for my change?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

This week I will stick to 1400-1500 calories. I WILL see movement on the scale and it WILL read 187!

Also, welcome thebunneh and chickhen.

Blame it on the alc-alc-alcohol, K9O (or not).

Make those size 8s proud, Sum38.

Kick down the door to size 10, forlove.

And, everyone else, eat like there is a tomorrow!

Last edited by princessgina00; 01-23-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Closed Thread