Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 10:30 AM   #46  
Most boring housewife.

I know Kiwi is the best judge of this, but shouldn't Peaches be reported for picking on Letty like this? It isn't very nice. I really admire Letty for taking Felicia in and giving her every advantage. Naturally, Peaches would be bitter about that since she is so close to Marcella. Marcella is angry because Letty will not give her discarded clothing. But let's face it, it is a SIN for Marcella's hips to mar the lines of Letty's beautiful clothing. Since her stint in rehab, Marcella has put it on a little bit, wouldn't you say? AND aren't we all a bit suspicious as to why Marcella can't post herself. Can you say relapse????????
Oh well, I don't want to ruin my path to Perfect 2009 with such petty stuff. I am about to clean. I mean clean.
Here is my first plan.
1. unload dw done, I'm so good
2. load dw done
3. shift wash done
4.dust fr ach! that took forever!
5. put away dishes on dr table done, though the spirit of the thing was to clear the table, and I didn't do that...next time)
6. remove any residual Christmas stuff done
7. vac edges of fr done
8. windex fr done
9. vac ctr of frdone
10.stop in here and gloat. done

Note to new girls, news of your amazing accomplishments will not be met with pleasure. I like the usual slothy manner of this place.
I will write thoughtful notes to each one of you as soon as I get back.
Sugar, you should have posted by now. You have a responsibility to us.
XO [/COLOR]

Last edited by Lush; 01-20-2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:36 AM   #47  
Most boring housewife.

We were invited to a Super Bowl Party. Should we go?
The Eagles won't be there, but there will be tons of food....not that I would eat it, I'm just saying it would be there.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #48  
Most boring housewife.

Gosh I'm so bored by all this cleaning. Somebody come here and entertain me...Sugar????
Old 01-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #49  

It's getting deeper around here than the you know what in the old cow pasture.

I'm back to work for my first full, long, boring, day.

My DD who is 22 years old!!!! left a note on the kitchen counter demanding $20 because someone ate her box of wheat thins. FIL is mad at us and we heard through the family grapevine that he is moving to Arizona, like that's going to upset us. I think they all just sit around trying to cook up ideas to drive me nutz.

Sugar, your posts are every bit as scintillating as mine are. And I'm here.

I need advice on a social situation. Our very good friends daughter is getting married on saturday. The wedding will be for family only (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins & grandparents). We were sent an invitation to the reception only. I was talking to the mother of the bride about the wedding (which will be at a church, formal wedding dress, etc.) and she said "gosh, we really wish you could be there, why don't you come to the wedding, DD won't mind." Would you go? I really don't want to, because I felt if they wanted to invite us to the wedding we would have been sent a formal invitation (like the invitation to the reception). Now my friend is acting like it's hurting her feelings that we only plan on going to the reception. OK, Advise.

Last edited by Wabby; 01-20-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #50  
Most boring housewife.

Wabby, aren't you wonderful to post. Who is paying for the wedding? Who were the invitations from? I would probably skip the wedding, but make up an excuse so that she wouldn't mind. Most likely this was one of those fighting points in the wedding planning and she is trying to get her way unofficially. You know how it is planning a wedding. She is probably right, but you don't want to be the thing they argue about the week after the honeymoon.
I could just about guarantee you that your family is trying to drive you nuts.
Ok, I have to go back to work.
bye
Old 01-20-2003, 01:32 PM   #51  
Most boring housewife.

I see I am all alone in my accomplishments. No one is interested. I'm hurt. I'm sure you all noticed that my last list took me 3 hours....major.
The family room is just about clean...it just needs a little putting back together.
1.shift wash done
2. get lunch and turn on 3rd Rock done
3. clear off pass through from kitchen done
4. put away stuff that didn't belong in family room in the first place
5. fix furniture that is displaced. don e
6. oops....dust tops of ceiling fans done
7. And peak of ceiling. done
8. clear kitchen counter
9. kitchen floor
10. kitchen table.
Don't you guys think you're being a little self-centered not focusing your day on ME?????? I'm cleaning.
[COLOR=royalblue]

[COLOR=royalblue] [COLOR=chocolate] [COLOR=firebrick]

Last edited by Lush; 01-20-2003 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:08 PM   #52  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh Miss Lushiousbutt I am very proud of you! I hate to admit it but I love a clean house. I also love seeing your list of what you are doing each day.
Wabby yes your family is trying to drive you nuts. I want to see what size that box of Wheat This was to cost $20. They only cost $2.49 here not on sale I belive. I have seen then for $1.24 on sale even. So I assume that it was a hugh, gigantic box that was eaten? How can someone eat a box that large?
I agree with Lushiousbutt about the Wedding. How close are you to the DD? Have you decided what to do at this point? WHat are you going to wear?
Luciousbutt I have a new name for today for you.
SugP, Bagzz and Darling Peaches what have you been up to this wonderful morning?
MissLetty keep on posting and keep us laughing.
I still have a clean house. I am hanging pictures today in the office and cleaning the office. My dinner with Pasotr and his wife was wonderful. Miss Beth was telling everyone at Church how wonderful my lasagna was that it was better than hers. Now I will be expected to make it again.
Daphne
Old 01-20-2003, 02:15 PM   #53  

Lush, I'm here to cheer you on. The tops of ceiling fans???? Are you trying to show off or what?

I'm confused about this whole wedding. This is my friends only daughter. They have issues. This girl put them through the wringer when she was a teenager. She quit school and got pregnant w/ a very not nice guy. She has since pulled herself out, the grandchild is 5, the daughter is in her 2nd year of college w/ a 4.0 grade average, and the guy she is marrying is ok marriage material. The wedding had been planned for June, when oooops! the DD became preggers again. The wedding date was moved up to January, and then my friend and her husband decided that they only wanted family at the ceremony, but 200 ppl for the reception. Their DD said she felt she was being punished for getting preggers. (I kinda think she was, but they insist not.) The wedding is being paid for by the bride's parents (our friends) the invitations were sent by the same. The invitations were for the reception, and if you were invited to the wedding, an insert was put in, inviting you. No insert in my invite, just a verbal, last minute invite the week before the ceremony. The DD and I are pretty good friends. I think she'd like me to be there, along with the other 199 ppl invited to the reception. We see these friends probably once a week, they go out to the races w/ us in the summer, I've heard about this wedding ad nauseum for the last year. I was ok w/ not being invited to the wedding, but I didn't like being asked to come as an afterthought. Advise, please.

Brattie, my DD's logic is thus: She was planning on eating the Wheat Thins for dinner - Since they were all gone, she had to go out for dinner, it cost $20. This sounds perfectly logical to her.

Last edited by Wabby; 01-20-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #54  
Most boring housewife.

Your dD went to the same accounting school as my dd.
I still think you should skip the wedding. If you go, for the next thirty years you will represent a fight to this girl. None of her friends were allowed to come to the wedding, but her mom could bend the rules ....blah, blah, blah...you have a daughter, you are a daughter...you know what kind of issue this must be.
BUT make an excuse...a good one. Don't just decline the invite.
I am making good progress, even though I just talked on the phone for an hour and didn't do anything.
I'm going back to work. bye
Old 01-20-2003, 03:05 PM   #55  
Most boring housewife.

That Sugar....she is probably sleeping while I'm cleaning. Can you believe it? And Kiwi! Don't get me started.
Wabby and Brattie, on the other hand, are good people and deserve clean houses...like mine.
Brattie, I like a clean house, too. I just don't like to do it.
I'm not finished with my last list, but I'm getting there. Then I have to pick up my DD and take her to inconsiderate dr who will make us wait hours to tell us that she is going to have to stay in her cast another two weeks. She is expecting to get out of it, I don't know why, so she will cry and be cranky at ME. Sweet me. Can you imagine?
I have to go browbeat my boys into doing homework.
bye
Old 01-20-2003, 03:09 PM   #56  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

unfortunately ,little miss fancy pants {lushcow} you are sounding DISTURBINGLY like Flyhagnagbag---I BELIEVE YOU DISSED HER RATHER RECENTLY!!!!! you should resurrect a systems's goddess thread here at 3fc-----fat,messy people would love it---OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WOULD MEAN ME NOW WOULDN'T IT!!!---remember when my sil used a fake name and posted with us at cybermoms!!! she is getting married this summer----i forget what she used to call herself---i don't think she knows about this place,but for all i know you might be her!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #57  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

to Letty: "Blow it out yer shorts."

to Bagz: "Blow it out yer shorts. Hudda on fat."

to Lush: Are you anal retentive or what?

to Brat: My closest friends call me Peaches. Darling is only a title.

to Kiwi: Can you read this?

to Sugar: You are the only normal person here. Please come and post. I am lonely. to Wabby: Do you trim those hooves or not?
Old 01-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #58  
fatter than U

Default Au contraire, Lush-o!

(Can you tell I just finished reading the Ya Yas?)

I am wide awake and confused re point # 4 on your first list, Lush. What is a "fr" and why would I need to dust it and vacuum its edges?? I am soooo domestically challenged.

Wabby, I'd go with reception only and make an excuse. It's probably some thing between daughter and mom and it's not your fault if they can't agree. People are so hard to figure out.
What are you going to wear?

Stevie just forwarded me one of those thingies entitled "Why Men Shouldn't Babysit" with various pictures of infants eating out of dog bowls and being bathed in the sink with the dirty dishes etc. I have seem many variations on this theme (mostly sent by my beloved mother who regularily forwards me every bad joke and cheesy chain letter on the face of the internet), but some of them *were* pretty funny. Funny is good.

I swear I'm going to declutter something tomorrow. Nighty night!
Old 01-20-2003, 04:40 PM   #59  
fatter than U

Hi Peachy! Didn't see you there! You are my very favouritest cow

Bagzie- How could you forget our darling Pooh's name?.Is she really getting married? To that same guy? How exciting! Do you get to be a bridesmaid?
Old 01-20-2003, 05:15 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Ceiling fans have tops?

Who would know?

No need to apologize for liking a clean house, brattie. I like other people's clean houses very much. I can't remember if I like my house clean I'll bet I would, if I ever got it that way. See, the problem with a certain number of us is that we are decidedly cleaning-impaired. Not that I would want to speak for anyone but myself of course. It's just not in our genes. You know how some people can't operate a computer to save their lives, no matter how many times you show them? Well, that's me and housekeeping.

That said, I spent the afternoon folding laundry and then, since I had nowhere to put it away, I did some old clothes weeding. I discovered that my under-bed storage containers could hold a heck of a lot more if I took all my t-shirts and folded them normally, then folded them in half again and stood them up in the boxes. Now I can even see them all, in case I need any before summer. This kind of picky-ness is why I never get the whole house clean, too.

That is the most confusing situation, Wabbit. It seems like both the parents and the dd would like you guys to be at the wedding, but if you go, you will stand out as the only non-family people there, so that might result in, at the very least, some uncomfortable moments. I think if you are considering going to the wedding, you should talk to the dd to see if anyone else has been invited after the fact like you. On second thought, Lush is right, why be fodder for future fights? Don't go. The best excuse is that you can't make it in time for the ceremony. Umm, you're going to family counseling to discuss the cost of Wheat Thins and you won't be done until right before the reception...

I just want to say I'm so excited about your new adorable little house, Peaches!! I will see if I can run into a moose next time I drive DD to her guitar lesson (we almost always see one on that drive).

Kiwi
Closed Thread