Old 07-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #31  
Made of Starstuff

Omgoodness... it sounds like you got out just in time! I feel bad for the wife! I hope she finds the strength to leave that abusive relationship ASAP.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Sweetie, there's no way he ever deserved you to begin with. You're right-- never settle! Settling puts you in an awkward position and crazed relationship you would never have considered at any other time in life. Most of us have at least one horror story, such as yours. I have several, unfortunately, but I learn and try not to repeat the same mistakes in love as I have in the past. If you live and learn, each relationship can improve from the last ones. It has worked for me. Good luck and love you for you!
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoChic View Post
Like another poster said, I feel bad for the 'supermodels' that these guys find.
I don't, because I sincerely doubt that the supermodels are likely to look twice at them. They're just fantasising.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #34  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Wow -- I'm so glad you got out of the situation. I hope all your health screenings come back clear and that emotionally you heal as well. What an ordeal. Good for you for getting yourself out of that mess!

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #35  

Honey, I do hope you realize you actually were lucky he dumped you. Just don't let anger overwhelm you it isn't worth it and he certainly isn't. There are still some fine young men out there who actually appreciate a woman with a mind so I would just wad this relationship up in a tight ball and toss it in the incinerator. Don't put it in the trash, BURN IT!!!! Just an opinion from an old (I am 57) married (nearly 39 years to a fabulous man) lady who is fat (morbidly obese actually) Put this pig in the pig sty where he belongs and move on!!!! You are smart, gorgeous and strong so be the woman you were meant to be!!!! Good luck!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #36  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

good riddance to bad rubbish!!
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'11"

OMG! What a creep! What happened to all the real men?!?! I am married to a great man now, but I hate to addmit that due to every other scum bag that ever walked into my life I have a hard time really trusting anyone! I hope the loser gets what he really deserves, not a *supermodel*, but a swift kick in the a*%%!!!!!!!!
leahdow525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:07 AM   #38  

The guy was nothing but a mooch. So is his brother. You might run into more users as time goes by. Once in awhile I bump into one. They try to be charming to get what they want from women. They hang around bars and nightclubs waiting for some lonely unsuspecting woman to show up. They go from one woman to another their entire life. They are users.

They start right off with some hardluck story or another.
Usually about a lack of transportation or no job. Sometimes they like to drink or gamble too much. Or they talk about all of the women they "have been with."
(Women they have mooched off of in the past.) They will always try to work on your sympathy.

I just walk away from them. I don't fall for their game. I won't let a mooch or loser into my life.
If a guy has no job or car, forget him.

A friend of mine just found out she has been dating a cheapskate. The relationship was doing great the first 2 months, but recently he has been picking at half the food on her plate at restaurants, and drinking half her beverage. He doesn't order for himself...says he is not hungry.

He mooched a free vacation for himself, free food and lodging, when she went to visit relatives out of state last week.
He refused to pay for anything "because she had to drive there anyway."

She is dumping him this week. And he owns his own home, drives a nice car, and has a good job.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale (1898 - 1993)
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #39  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

This sounds very familiar. I was in the same position last year this time. I also got dumped because of my weight. Had a nice dinner with him and his family and when he took me home he dumped me, bang. Idiot.

It's been a year, I'm still very mad at him but you know what? You will rise above this!! Your so much better than this!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote