Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #16  

Kiwi, I don't understand the feather bed concept. What do you use for sheets? Does the feather bed go under your sheets, or do you sleep on it sans sheets. If so, how do you clean it? Please explain. I got my DD a down comforter. It was a close out at TJ Maxx. It's a queen size Fieldcrest and it was only $59. What a score. Then I found the perfect duvet cover for her. It was on sale for only $39!!!! It is plum velvet, w/ 2 shams to match. This was my big score of the Christmas shopping season.

Hey Dahlia, I do remember you. How are you? I'm so impressed that you raised 5 boys and lived to tell the tale. Thank you for believing that I'm not really a slob. I always tell ppl that when they come to my house, I tell them that I'm neat and tidy, it's just that I live with messie ppl.

I still have not done my Christmas cards - you all may be getting New Years cards. Or Valentines. And yet here I sit at my computer, not getting anything done.

I baked cookies last night. 3 different kinds. I've only eaten 3 of them. Are you impressed? I am.

Sugar, bummer about DS's pictures. Don't they realize how valuable those are to us moms??

Kiwi, can't you just buy bras at brasrus.com? I couldn't stand the suspense if I had to bid for them. Besides, I always get the same brand and same style. That's why I decided I want surgery. They discontinued my bras and I can't take the humiliation of trying to find a new style.

Bye, Peaches!!! Have fun and relax and rest. I wish I could go with you.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:22 PM   #17  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Why I Am Not Getting Any Christmas Cards from Canadians
By Peaches

They are all using wrong addresses. Yes, Sugar, I live there but I don't get mail there. At all. The mailbox is taped shut. This happened when I spent all my time at Herbie's. Really ... I thought everyone knew enough to check with Kiwi before mailing anything. But it was sweet of you to try.

Tomorrow morning, we drive away.

(What does Dahlia mean that we're not slobs? Are we too subtle?)

Here's my mom complaint for the week. DS goes camping with scouts. Scout men can't or won't go so it get shortened from two nights to one night. Scout man who is all for going is stressed. One other guy goes but still it's stressful having a bunch of kids around acting like kids.

DS is standing around doing nothing as is his way. Man tells DS to help somebody do something. DS looks and deduces that no one needs help.Everyone is doing fine. DS goes to a thingie that two guys take down/put up together and wait with his hands in his pockets. Man loses temper and says mean things like "Do you only move at one speed?" Etc. Snatches things from DS's hands once DS tries to get in gear.

DS hears him say to another boy "Are you stupid or what?" Fortunately, he did not say this to DS.

I report all to scoutmaster who is wonderful and who says he'll look into it. Scoutmaster gets back to me in a few days that man is a good man and was stressed and how we all snap under pressure. I guess. It sounds reasonable. I should relax, right? Just that DS is only single-parent kid there and I feel there's a disadvantage in not having a dad to punch somebody in the nose if they single you out.

See youse later. Peaches
Old 12-19-2002, 11:47 PM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oy, me too dum 2 live

I used the shark fin soup avenue address too. Fortunately, I have procrastinated long enough about sending cards out that I still have it.

That guy is definitely a meanie, Peachie. Very bad for kids' morale. DD had a teacher like that once. I used to hear the woman screaming at her kids in the hall, calling them stupid (back when I used to work in the liberry).

The deal with the featherbeds is this (and it took me years to figure it out -- DD has wanted one for a long time!) -- you put it on top of your mattress, then you put a sheet over it. I suppose a lot of sheets wouldn't fit very well, but then again a lot of sheets would. The featherbed itself has to have a protective cover too. The cover I bought is cotton with apparently a very high thread count -- it almost looks like sateen. So hopefully with the cover being washable and having a sheet over it, the featherbed will never have to be cleaned

Wabbit, I have to admit I laughed when you said you made 3 kinds of cookies and have only eaten 3 of them. All I could think was you made 3 kinds, you ate 3 kinds. 3 whole batches. I'm so brain dead. I am getting really sick. Sinus, sore throat, headache, achey face. I'm going to be a mess, aren't I? Anybody have any suggestions on how not to die on the airplane? Oh, in case you were wondering, we're leaving tomorrow. I'm thinking a bottle of water, a big wad of kleenex and some decongestants. I've been sucking on Coldeez all day. To no avail.

Ta

Kiwi
Old 12-20-2002, 03:31 AM   #19  
The magic shrinking cow

Hmmm, so my card to Peaches will be returned to sender? I really did send one! I can't keep track. So, Peachy, are you sans mail now?

Kiwi, I also am glad your dh is safe and sound. That sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would happen to us.

I sent out cards complete with obnoxious letter bragging about how wonderful my kids are. No pictures though. We ran out of time.

I'm maintaining my current level of fatness, which is amazing, considering I've eaten nothing but cookies for a week now.

Back to crocheting. Oh yeah, and work, too.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:48 AM   #20  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Bye sweeties!!! And Cherry, it's ok. When the card comes back just ask Kiwi where to send it. In the future, you should all remember that Kiwi is an excellent record keeper and take advantage of that gift.

*kiss* *kiss* *kiss* You'll all have flowers waiting in my room, right?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:55 AM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Have a lovely lovely time

Peacherino.

I am leaving in less than an hour. And it's raining up here in icicle-land. I hope that doesn't mean ice on the runway

I just have one more thing to say -- Bagz is the most wonderful creative delightful Bagziewagzie in the world! And she knows my address!

Kiwi
Old 12-20-2002, 12:17 PM   #22  

It's probably too late, but 'bye Peaches and Kiwi!! Have fun.

Do the rest of us feel like kids that got left behind when our parents went out, or what?

I still have one more shopping excursion to go on, then I'm done. Overdone. We have an open house tonight, an open house tomorrow night, a brunch sunday am, an open house sunday eve. Tomorrow morning my 2 sisters and I are taking my mom to www.bonnevilleresort.com for a mineral bath & wrap, and a massage. Would anyone else like to go?

Last edited by Wabby; 12-20-2002 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:08 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hello from

sunny North Carolina! What a change from Maine. I'm going around barefoot, and most of the time, it's too darn hot in this house! I am at my sister's house, I'm still sick, real sick--just a really bad cold, I guess. The flights down here were pretty much of a nightmare because I was so congested, although we didn't lose any luggage and we were only an hour late .

Tomorrow we're going to see Santa!! Yay!! Maybe he'll let me sit in his lap. Yeah.

Everyone have a wunnerful Christmas. That spa day sounds like heaven on earth, Wabbit. I want to go!

Kiwi
Old 12-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #24  

Hi Kiwi! I'm so happy they have the internet in North Carolina!! I'm sorry your plane trip was miserable. I always get on the plane feeling fine, but I always catch a bug by the time I get off. All that recycled air in an enclosed area w/ sick ppl like you!!!! The hotsprings resort was wonderful. Next time I want to go and use their pool and whirlpool and then get a massage. The place is absolutely beeeeeutiful. Very rustic, w/ a huge 3 story stone fireplace, cozy sofas, a crackling fire. I wish I were wealthy. I'd go visit there at least once a week.

We had fun at all the Christmas parties this weekend, although it did make me a little envious of everybodys big beautiful homes. Even DH's baby sister has a beautiful new home. Unfortunately, I'm sure my family could have a new house looking just like the old house in no time at all.

We're in the home stretch now, girls. Almost Christmas.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:41 AM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes, I know--I have been feeling guilty since the moment I realized I was getting sick. How can I get on a plane, knowing I'm sick and no doubt contagious, not to mention how miserable it will make me? How can I go around in public, breathing nasty germs out? How I can I go visit my pregnant sis, the kids, my parents et al, knowing I'm probably going make some of them sick? And furthermore, how could I NOT? So here I am. All I do is wash my hands incessantly. The only person I'm sure I have infected is the old lady who insisted on shaking hands with me right after I blew my nose and before I had a chance to wash. (Honestly, my skin is practically coming off, I'm washing so much )

Also I can identify with your parade of homes. My little sister's house is lovely, spacious (her boys' clothes closet is twice the size of dh's and mine), clean and nicely decorated. I can't do that, never will. If we get into a new house next year, I don't know how I'm going to keep it from becoming a shack, but I hope I can figure it out.

Almost through wrapping presents! Not done sending out cards, but I'm getting there.

Kiwi
Old 12-24-2002, 08:04 AM   #26  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,
Just want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas... enjoy the next two days and have fun with your families...

Dahlia
Old 12-24-2002, 08:07 AM   #27  
Most boring housewife.

Well, girls, my house is a tip. TG we are not having any company. My mom is coming over, but other than that, it's just us. We were going to go to the big family shindig, but the SIL who is having it invited all but one person in the family. Who does things like that on Christmas? Anyway, we politely declined using my mom as an excuse. Which she is, really. She's pretty bad. She's on hospice now. We could have gone, but the reason no one is fighting with us is that we don't participate in things like that.
I got Wabby's card, it is gorgeous. What good looking kids, and parents. She is not fat enough and I will send her Gyros to fatten her up.
I also got Cherry's card with the letter, I LOVE those. I know everyone says that they are corny, but I love to get them.
BAgzie, THANKS!!!!!!! Since I am so behind, you supplied my MAIN Christmas display.
In truth I've done nothing. I would go through the long boring litany of how horrible the last couple of weeks have been, but I'm too tired. Suffice to say that when Santa came on the fire truck this year, my son couldn't immediately go to the street because he was throwing up in the front yard.
Kiwi I have your cold. I am concerned about you flying. Be careful of your ears. Everyone is exposed to colds every day. Either their resistance is low and they get it or not. If it wasn't you it would be someone else.
I'm so sorry you guys, but there has to be a list. I dreamed this morning that my kids came in at 7am on christmas and wondered why they didn't have any presents. I should move.......I'll do my list on the next message.
BTW...isn't Sissy rude for not making sure she had a satellite hook-up so she could keep in touch with us?
Old 12-24-2002, 08:12 AM   #28  
Most boring housewife.

Ok, here is is..... I don't have a decent book on tape. I may be forced to finally listen to "the Sum of all Fears" which my friend Greg left for me over a year ago. I'm not exactly a Clancy girl, but I'll try.
1. shift wash(It's only taken me a half hour, but I'm about to start) done
2. unload dw ok
3. load dwok
4. clear counterok
5. clear kitchen table...dd baked cookies last night ok
6. kitchen floor ok
7. make stuffing ok
8. put in turkey...oh did I tell you I'm on for a turkey dinner tonight ok
9. do steps displayok
10. do kitchen display. ok in allthese years, have you ever seen me do all 10?

I told you I haven't even decorated. What a holiday loser I am this year.
I'll be back with a progress report. I'm sure you'll all hang on your computer until I get here.

Last edited by Lush; 12-24-2002 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:24 AM   #29  
fatter than U

Talking Merry Christmas, Cows!!

So sweet of everyone to check in. Peachy has an excuse, I suppose, but I'm sure that if there's a way, she'll find it.

It's the afternoon of Christmas Eve - that's when Santa comes to my part of the world. But not for another three hours or so. That's why my kids are running around screaming. Actually, they are trying to watch "Pipi Longstocking in Tika-Tuka Land" to while away the hours, but it's not working all that well.

Freezing rain everywhere, streets are like a skating rink, traffic advisory has warned people not to drive which means...ta da...the ils won't be at our place this afternoon (I will say just a very small yahoo and hallelujah at this point) Ahh...I can stay in my jammies all day if I want and just slap dinner on the table. No, of course I'll be getting all dolled up and creating a feast. We have to go to the ils anyway tomorrow to eat a goose and get more loot for the kids, so all is not lost.

So sorry about your mom, Lushy. You are so dedicated. Enjoy your quiet Christmas at home and thanks for *the list*.

Hey Kiwi! Maybe you'll find Frappe when you're down there. Check the after Christma sales. Maybe she's right across the street. Don't feel guilty for being sick. I'm sure you didn't infect anyone. My mystery ailment seems to be be going away. Just when you think you're about to croak, you get better, eh? Maybe the sun will do you good.

Wabby! I'm sure you're spacious villa is just gorgeous the way it is. I'm afraid to even let people in to our little hovel. It's gotten a bit better over the years, but it's far from beautiful. Oh well, we do what we can, right?

Merry Christmas to you too, Dahlia! Hope you enjoy the holidays.

Off to wrap more gifts!
Old 12-24-2002, 11:17 AM   #30  
Most boring housewife.

next list:
1. make sure kids have decent clothes to wear tonight ok
2. have a cup of coffee ok
3. get a shower and get dressed decently ok
4. find out what time church is 10 PM
5. put away all the boxes full of what should be christmas displays oh well, better next year
6. set tableok
7. go to store and buy christmas ornaments for kids...since I forgot ok, got Disney since we were there this year
8. clean up turkey mess dd did it
9. relax and quit yelling at everyone I did take a nap but I'm still yelling
10. have eggnog good idea, I'll go do that now.

Last edited by Lush; 12-24-2002 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread