Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #31  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HELLO DARLING COWS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! i am ordering flowers from coast to coast for all the people who sent me gifts in the mail and i am WAY too lazy to reciprocate!!!!how easy is that---although they kind of ragged me out for calling so late!!! now that i hear about lushie's troubles i would feel guilty sending my display pictures-----fortunately i went to someone's home on the weekend who had such gorgeous stuff i felt i had onlh created the Ticky tacky Palace at my place.ANYWAY!!!!happy holidays to you all and to all a BIG FAT FEAST!!!! [in truth we are all a little down around here without George,but we are doing our best to rally around sis and kiddies and the kids really are doing well----they still are big santa fans as they are three,five and eight SOOOOOOOOOOO god bless us,everyone!! i am hoping to catch the really old Scrooge that is a musical---anyone know if it has a different name like maybe ' a christmas carol'---all i know is---its' rate old!!! xoxoxoxo
Old 12-24-2002, 04:51 PM   #32  
Most boring housewife.

Well, it didn't stop you from tormenting me, did it? Your pics were gorgeous, darling. I have to say, this dump doesn't look half bad. When I came back in after going out I noticed that the displays I did do look nice. The family room is undone and the outside is minimal, but I'm not ashamed of the rest of the house. (except the kids rooms, which are horrid)
Here's my next list:
1. get turkey out. done
2. put pot and turnips in done
3. cook beans overdone
4. get cabbage ready done
5. get corn readydone
6. do rolls done
7. shift wash (yes, even on Christmas eve) dpme
8. watch Charlie Brown with the kids done
9. Stop yelling at everyone for sitting around while I run around like a nut. well, 9 out of 10 ain't bad.
10. feel sorry for self and Kiwi who are suffering mightily with colds. poor us Unlike nice Kiwi, I don't feel guilty at all. So there.

Last edited by Lush; 12-25-2002 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:17 PM   #33  

Oh Kiwi, don't feel guilty- I was just kidding you! There's germs floating all over the place this time of year. The only way to avoid it is to quit breathing, and that wouldn't be a good idea. Enjoy your family and the warm weather.

Lush, you are my idol. I think I should post a list too, maybe I'd get something done. I've just been wandering around the house today feeling overwhelmed. Here's my list, then I'll be back. I'm sure you'll all be interested.

1. Put load of wash in, so we can take showers with towels tommorrow am. -done
2. Unload dishwasher.-done
3. Load dishwasher & clean off counters.-done
4. Clean toilets & wipe down bathroom counters.
5. Sweep kitchen.
6. Do a coat & shoe pickup.
7. Clean out nasty food from fridge.-done

4 out of 7 is better than my usual odds. I may even get to the other 3 yet. I just wanted to get back here to tell you all that I wish that your Christmas is merry and bright. Our group is headed up to my Mom & Dad's for food, drink & gift giving in a bit. Lush, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is not doing well. I'll be thinking of you. Merry Christmas, Bagzie, Lush, Kiwi, Sugar P, Peaches, Cherry, Frappe and Muffie where ever you are, Brattie and Dahlia. God bless us every one.

Last edited by Wabby; 12-24-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:50 AM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I am the last one up tonight; I was cutting up the celery and onions for the stuffing. I am an expert chopper, y'know. I actually went to church with my parents and my sis and her family. No, the church was not hit by lightening or anything.

I am feeling a little better today, off and on. Maybe only in comparison to my poor kid -- she woke up in the night to throw up and has been throwing up most of the day. No idea what the problem is, most likely stomach flu I guess, because now that she has stopped throwing up for a while, she has a fever. Poor thing has been laid out all day, not able to do a thing. We even went over my parents' house (they live 5 minutes away) and opened a present each, but she couldn't go . Of course she couldn't eat any dinner; I don't know if she'll even feel up to opening presents in the morning. We're dropping like flies around here! With my sister pregnant, we all expected to help out a lot, but it hasn't worked out that way. DH, however, has been doing a lot of dishes! Racking up those brownie points. He even spent a few hours alone with my parents this afternoon!

So anyway, here's to a healthier new year for all of us.

Has anyone else been eating too much? Don't lie! We took my sis and BIL out for dinner last night, as if we were like food deprived this time of year or something , and stuffed ourselves silly on lovely gourmet yummies. I had filet mignon I am a big

Well, gotta go check on my little sweetum and go to bed so Santa can come visit. Everybody have a good day! Best wishes to your mom, Lush.

Kiwi
Old 12-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #35  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HEY TANKS!!! HOPE YOU COWS HAVE A LOVELY CHOW DOWN TODAY!!! I BET I WAS UP WITH YOU KIWI---HERE WE HAVE SORE THROATS AND SNIFFLES---POOR DD----NOTHING WORSE THAN STOMACH AILMENTS!!!! WHAT A RIP!!! THE BIG BLIZZARD IS HEADING TO MAINE AND NEW BRUNSWICK,AND MY DEAR STEPPERS ARE TRAVELLING FROM DENVER---YIKES---SAY A PRAYER----my poor sis says she is teetering on the edge with christmas day w/o her husband----so many things going on and we all still try to soldier on,right cows----thinking of all of you and hope you have the best day you can---seems most of us are labouring under handicaps for sure-----love to you all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo gutasaurus arsimus #2 { i personally know gut/arse#1}
Closed Thread