Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #46  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies!

I got my glasses fixed on the way home yesterday! I can see!!

Unlike most Fridays, I'm working in the office today since I've already worked from home twice this week (Monday and Wednesday, which was the blizzard day). Today, the whole company is allowed/encouraged to wear their finest Packer gear in celebration of the Super Bowl on Sunday! I'm leaving work early today for the annual boob squish...hopefully it will be painless and the results will be perfect. I've got to work tonight on some report implementations, and then again on Sunday morning to validate some of them that can't be validated tonight as the data won't be there. I just hope that the reports tonight and especially on Sunday run quickly, without any problems are perfect in every way as I don't want to be having to spend Super Bowl Sunday fixing these reports. I mean, seriously, it should be against the law to implement anything new on Super Bowl Sunday. That's a National Holiday, right? Well, it definitely is in the Packer Nation.

Tomorrow, DH and I are taking the doggies to the groomers, and while they're getting their hair done, he and I will go to the Pet Expo...where they have all kinds of pets, especially doggies and kitties, and pet products/services. It should be a good time, but it might be a little difficult for my back as I always like to bend down and pet each and every dog and cat. I promise to try and be careful when bending.

I also have website work to do this weekend, tomorrow after the Pet Expo and Sunday after report implementation and before the game. So far, it looks like DH and I will be watching the game at home.

Annie - Glad you made it into work safely despite the icy roads. 4" of ice on the driveway! That's nuts! You be careful, girlfriend. We don't want you falling and hurting yourself. Should I Fed Ex you my cane for support? How wonderful that you have both Saturday and Sunday off!! From your plans, it sounds like you have a busy weekend! Have fun, my Worldly sista! I love your Cancun photos! It looks just heavenly there.

Laura - Nice of your bf to help your neighbors out...too bad that he ran out of gas, but I guess all's well that ends well. I hope the train is running on time today. Mel's got a point about you standing on the train. Weren't there any gentlemen to offer their seat to you? Heck, when we're in Chicago and riding the "L", DH always offers his seat to a woman, and we both offer our seats to the elderly. Too funny what Happy said about you not losing Coal in the snow. One of our dogs is all white...so he's difficult to find amidst all the snow.

Mel - Chris sounds like a real sweetheart! I'm so glad to hear John's doing better than expected and has stopped talking about dying. Happy Birthday to Jen!! I'm glad you found some makeup that helps your skin. What brand is it (since I have mild rosacea too). You be careful when you venture out with all the snow and ice piles. They announced on the news today that drivers need to be careful because the tall piles of snow hinder visibility at intersections...especially now that the kids are back in school after having 2 snow days.

Happy - All your pizza talk on FB has me drooling. And I'm trying to figure out how to work in the points for an entire Bellatoria pizza on Super Bowl Sunday. It would be nearly an entire day's worth of points, despite the very thin crust. It's soooo good. Yummmmm. I used to hate extra-thin crust pizza until I tried Bellatoria. OMG! Bummer about losing your post. As for blaming the Canadian Worldlies for the arctic blast...I've heard that folks in Dallas are blaming the Packers/Packer fans for the bitter cold down there. And we're like...hey, it does get cold and snowy in Pittsburgh too, ya' know. It's cool that you're at least looking in this buyer's market. I hope when you sell your house you can recoup at least some of the renovating expense. When I work from home, I sometimes catch the Real Estate segment on the Today Show. The realtor guest always has some interesting things to say. Might be worth it for you to DVR. Then again, I'm such a novice when it comes to real estate...it could be stuff EVERYONE BUT ME knows. One thing I do remember her saying is not to overprice your house right now. Don't allow for wiggle room. List it at the price you want/need. I'm going to try and not take it personally that you're calling me EVIL for cheering for the Packers. Even if the Bears or Vikings were in the Super Bowl, I'd prefer them winning over the Steelers and their accused serial rapist of a QB. Just like I hope that animal abuser Michael Vick NEVER wins a Super Bowl. I get that we "dislike/hate" our rivals...but I'd rather a rival win than a criminal. I'll get off my :soapbox: now. Sorry for the mini-rant. And I'm sorry if I'm coming across as "snarky" or beotchy. Not my intention. Anyway, I'm wishing your DH a very, very Happy Super Bowl Sunday b'day!! As for WW Points Plus, I get 31 (now that I've lost 5 lbs). I eat approx. 10 for breakfast, 10 for lunch, and the rest for dinner. With fruit or string cheese as snacks. And I split my "meals" up into more frequent mini-meals. I hope you find a plan that works for you, whether it's WW or calorie counting or whatever.

Mel - You're having steak and salad for Super Bowl Sunday! I'm SO there!! That sounds MUCH healthier than my pizza dream menu. I didn't get glass in my eye when my frame broke and lens popped out. My lenses are plastic and it kind of bounced it's way down to the passenger seat. I took a break from the inversion table for a few weeks post procedure, but I'm back to doing it again. It feels great. When you mentioned that you have no where to put all your snow, I remembered that when we have really big snow storms, the cities hire loaders to put it into dump trucks and haul it off to the City dumps. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw dump trucks full of snow driving from mall parking lots to the City dump. Hopefully NJ and NY find a place to put all the snow since it won't be melting any time soon. I hope you feel better very, very soon.

Ellen - I can't imagine trying to tackle a 6 person Mt. Washmore! I have a hard enough time keeping up with just the two of us. Enjoy your mall walk! I hope you don't have to work too hard this weekend.

Ceejay - I'm glad you felt well enough to go to Kennett. I've told you my DH has to go there every year for work, right? I hope you're getting the rest you need.

I'd better sign off for now and get some stuff accomplished!

Wishing us all a great day and weekend!! GO PACK GO!!

Lots of love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 02-04-2011 at 10:33 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #47  

Morning all. TGIF. Not up for much of anything today.

Happy – Now is the time to buy, so I hope you find a suitable property at a good price. It would be really nice if you are in a position to hang onto your current home until the market recovers, but that’ll be a long wait. The market will be saturated with all the foreclosures and short sales for a long time to come. But maybe not so much in your area??

Ellen – Have a good mall walk today! Nice you’ll be able to catch some of the game on Sunday while you’re at work.

Annie – Your weekend plans made me tired just reading them. Just be careful on that ice! Do you have the kind of salt that works in lower temps??

Ceejay – Hope you had a good time on your trip to Kennett – you must be feeling better?

Michelle – Glad you had your glasses fixed. Hope the mammo goes well and the pain is minimal. Bummer about having to tend to those reports – hope the work goes smoothly and quickly so you get to fully enjoy the SuperBowl – I know you’re so looking forward to it, since it’s the Packers AND it’ll be the last of football for a while. Re the offering of a seat on the train by male passengers – HA! No such luck. It would bug me if I were old, preggers, or disabled, but not so much otherwise. Yeh, I’m glad I can spot Coal pretty easily in this snow, but I was worried when he was jumping around trying to get around the yard that he’d get tired and just get stuck! Now he’s realized it’s deep all over and is pretty much sticking to the paths I shoveled, LOL. I hope bf gets out to walk him today, even if it’s just up and down the block – I can tell he’s unhappy about not getting his daily walk!

Mel – Please extend my happy b-day wishes to Jen! Glad John got good news re his medical situation. So you’ve been keeping this sweet hunky Chris all to yourself??!! Can’t blame you, LOL. You have a good rest today and get yourself feeling better and back to yourself, OK??

Hi Shad!

I caught an earlier train home yesterday and all was well - no delays. Bf was off unburying his mother’s car, so I walked home from the train. I was fine until I got to a couple corner houses that didn’t shovel their sidewalks – LOSERS!!! What made me even angrier is that they had cleared their driveway and only the portion of sidewalk leading to their door. Mini-rant: If you are unable or unwilling to clear your home’s sidewalks and also can’t/won’t get/pay someone else to do it, you should rent or live in a condo. While I’m at it, it’s not my fault you don’t have room on your driveway to park you vehicle – do not block the sidewalk with it! Rant over. Although I must say that in situations like this, I often wish I had a pad of large, brightly colored, extremely sticky stickers that I could plaster on their door or window with a nasty handwritten message that would make them feel like real jerks about what they did or didn’t do, and also get them as ticked off as I am when they try to remove the !@#$ sticker. Okay, that’s very immature, but I didn’t actually do it.

I did two BE workouts last night and a load of laundry. Today I’m sore and feeling out of sorts. I wish it were time to go home. Grrr. This weekend I have a blood donation. Even though it might be crowded with people shopping for their SuperBowl parties, I will stop by Trader Joe’s afterwards. Nothing else planned, but I do have my own Mt. Washmore to tackle. Bf is having a friend over for the game on Sunday. I think this guy’s nephew is also coming, which I’m not pleased about because I’ve heard he can be a troublemaker. Not that bf would tolerate it, but the fact that his mother & stepfather have kicked him out of the house is a good indicator. Oh well, I’m not thrilled, but then again I’m not all that interested in the SuperBowl, and – gasp! – I might not even watch it.

Okay, time to stop rambling and get back to work. Have a good weekend Worldlies!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I remembered that your dh came to Kennett! I didn't realize that it's only a 30 minute drive up there. I didn't do any shopping etc. She ran errands,paid bills etc.

annie
Do be careful on that ice. I saw a Robin this morning. I'm so ready for some warmer tmepreatures. It was 14 at 7 a.m. So glad I didn't have to go to work today.

I'm feeling better each day. Went downw the cold and flu isle at Walmart yesterday to find some Delsym cough medicen that my doctor in Jonesboro recommmended. I found some Advil nasal congestion and bought some and took a dose. Low and behold I feel alot better this morning. It may be a coincidence.
I've been cleaning the kitchen this morning. I hadn't felt like doing anything until now. Dirty dishes were every where. It's clean and sanitized now. Still neeed to put away some canned goods.
Not really looking forward to going to work on Sunday. I'm going to behind and will probably take me two days to catch up.
More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #49  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I don't have much time to post so forgive the quickies

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better. I think getting some fresh air outside helps too. My nose tends to unstuff when I step out and then clogs back up the minute I get back in the house again. Maybe you will be surprised at work and your co-workers caught you up - but then don't hold your breath waiting either

Laura - I SOOOOOO hear you on your rant. I used to walk down AH Rd when DH could not pick me up and I had the same rant. Take my life stepping into the main road for these lazy weenies in these BIG FANCY HOUSES. Argh. I would get super sticky bumper stickers and "tape" their mailbox shut if I could Thanks for the good wishes on the house. I hope to God I am not still here once the market recovers. They will find large holes in the bricks from me knocking my head against the wall if we can't sell for a few years And I agree with you about chivalry is dead. I will still give my seat up to someone who is elderly or very preggo but I think there's only about 7 of us left in town who will do so. Sounds like you need to call up a friend and get out of the house on Sunday

Michelle- considering the circumstances, I do think there should be a temporary implementation freeze this week extending through next weekend (just so you don't have to spend time prepping and can devote full attention to the game). I hear you on the bad boy "athletes" and I use that term loosely. They are coddled, come into unbelievable wealth way too soon and had no kind of upbringing. Simba the Jungle Boy raised by wolves has a better sense of person than they do. Although I hurts me to say this - actually I don't really have to SAY this as I type I do believe your team HAS earned the right to be at the Superbowl because they played like they wanted to win it - every game. Don't throw your back out cheering! Have fun at the Pet Expo. I sure would enjoy that.

Annie - OMG - 4 inches of ice That's too thick to even break up. I'm glad you can still get around with all that mess. I hope you find that you get a nice chunk of change back from the tax return. Looks like you have your weekend all laid out for you.

Ellen - you would think that all that work shovelling would pay off in a 10 pound loss - even if just from sweating with all the outerwear on. Life is not fair

Mel - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope the weekend perks you up. It's been a busy week for you - maybe you just need a movie marathon. Or Chris' kisses are NOT as beneficial as you think Happy Birthday Jen - hope you have a nice, intimate party :birthday:

Shad - has the heat been building up by you with all that wetness or are things slowly drying out? When do you start the next job?

My time is up - back to my reports. Have a good weekend chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Profiteering - bah humbug!
85% of the banana crop has been wiped out. Now some of our supermarkets and convenience stores are charging up to $16.99 for a kilo of bananas. These are bananas that they picked up at the markets for around 1.50 a kilo. I guess I have had my last banana for the next 6 months to a year. I certainly won't be buying into their greed. Such a shame because bananas are good for babies and dieters alike. Lots of minerals, not a lot of calories.

We're still getting reports of unfolding catastrophies following in the wake of Yasi. The little towns were hardest hit which is good for the nation but not for those people. There is lots of cleaning up to do. Some one got looted in Townsville, but a couple of burly miners found them and performed a citizens arrest and took the gear back to the people - all before the cops got there. I hestitate to wonder at the state of the looters when the cops got hold of them but no doubt it would have been better punishment than the courts will give out. The mayor of Ipswich wanted to use looters as permanent flood markers and hoped that they were all under 2 metres tall (the lowest height of the flood level in his region) Our Julia has sent in 4000 more troops to assist the thin blue line of police up north. I do wish that lady would get a new voice!!!!! Maybe she thinks she sounds sympathetic. She doesn't, she sounds boring!!!! Drone, drone, drone. Think I have finished with the rant now.

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. It got to be a bit busy - with what I really don't know, but I managed it. Add to that, I am hot and sticky and we are promised rain again today. Looks like it might be soon. I hope it goes away for the bbq tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I think I have everything under control for that. I need to go shopping for green vegetables and fruit today and also for some soft drinks. Tomorrow will be ice for the esky and hopefully that will be it.

Had to take the cat to the vet yesterday. She doesn't seem her normal self. Screeches for food then won't eat it. Only wants yoghurt and milk. She did catch a bird the other night and that is spread across the yard. The vet says she is running a temperature but doesn't think there is much wrong with her other than that. They did a blood and urine test and relieved me of nearly $200 and that was that. Sunday slept on my computer chair for the rest of the day and night - they must have given her a sedative

This morning I have been out tidying up the yard and dumping some rubbish. The front yard doesn't look too bad. I've yet to start on the back. Soon it will be time to prune back the roses and fertilise them ready for the autumn flush. Despite all the rain, they aren't looking too bad and we don't seem to have the plagues of grasshoppers feeding off them this year so all in all I am fairly happy with all but one of them who has this morning received a warning and may be put in the naughty bin if it doesn't respond.

Forgive me for no personals this morning. I will try to get around to them this afternoon when it gets too hot to do anything except sit around and watch tv or get into a cool bath. Bath and wine don't sound like a bad combination right now.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #51  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

It's just about time for my reports to get implemented...so I've got a few minutes to post. I'm watching TBL that I DVR'ed this week. I'm really, really doing well with portion control. I fixed myself a Lean Cuisine bag dinner that said it's 2 servings, then when it was done cooking I put it in a bowl and thought "dang, that's just a small bowlful. How can that be 2 servings?" But I split it in half and ate one serving along with some baby carrots. It was delish and I'm totally satisfied. So that's a 6 point dinner. Yogurt later, and maybe a small glass of chocolate milk, and I'll still be within my daily points. I've got to start thinking about what one portion looks like, and be satisfied with that. I keep thinking to myself: I know I've been successful before, and I hit a bump in the road...okay, a big bump. And I've gained all the weight back...but I really CAN do this. I can eat healthy and in moderation, and I can move.

The mammo hardly hurt at all. I had a really good technician. And with the digital scans...it's over and done with very quickly. I should know the results in a week or two.

Laura - Did bf get a chance to walk Coal? I can imagine he misses his walks. How inconsiderate and lazy of people to not shovel sidewalks!!! I know that's against the law in Milwaukee and the nearby suburbs but I'm not sure how it's enforced. We don't have sidewalks or a fire hydrant nearby...so we don't have to dig that out...just dig out our mailbox or we don't get mail. Good for you for getting in the two BE workouts. Bummer about the troublemaker nephew coming over. Get out to the mall and enjoy the quiet.

Ceejay - You saw a robin! Oh, I can't wait to see a robin! It'll be a few months yet before we have them up here. Glad you found a cold medicine to help relieve your symptoms. Don't overdo it though...you only get to rest one more day, and you don't want a relapse.

Happy - Are you doing anything special for DH's birthday?

Shad - That price for bananas is insane!! I'm not too familiar with the lb to kilo conversion, but here we pay around $0.49/lb or less even in winter. Good for the miners performing a citizens arrest to return the stolen goods. Wishing you nice sunny, but not too hot, muggy or buggy, weather for the bbq. I hope Sunday feels better soon. I hope you get to enjoy your bath and wine.

Well, there's more work to be done...so I'm going to get to it. Hopefully, I'll be done for the night soon.

Love and big hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #52  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Surprise....10:30 pm on Friday night...once again worked my arse off at CVS...we had truck day today since it was delayed from yesterday due to the ice/snow.....anyway I only got about 22 totes emptied. But then again I also waited on customers, vacuumed, refill the milk, and pulled trash inside and outside...Now I have 104.5 playing at home, classic hits....gonna dust and scour tonight so tomorrow all I have to do is vacuum and mop....to finish up cleaning the house, that will give me more time to devote to other "stuff" that needs done. I did get about 1/3rd of the ice chopped up on the drive between jobs. It will only take me about 45 mins to finish, that is if the snow does not come in till Sunday. We are supposed to get another 5 inches of snow before Monday night. Dang it....I am predicting only 2 more weeks of winter crap......let's hope I am right. I am so over this winter. Looking forward to spring/summer.

Later gaters
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #53  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ahhhhhhh.......THE WEEKEND HAS ARRIVED
THERE IS A SUPER BOWL PARTY TODAY FOR THE SENIORS. YESTERDAY I WENT BACK DOWNSTAIRS & I TOLD EVERYONE I DON'T FEEL GOOD, HERE'S THE SCHEMATIC FOR THE ROOM SET UP AND LEFT.
HAD MOSTLY A QUIET DAY. FEW PHONE INTERRUPTIONS BUT NOTHING SERIOUS.
THANKS FOR THE BD WISHES FOR JEN...I PASSED THE MON SHE HAD A GREAT DAY. WE CELEBRATED HERE AND THEN THEY WENT OUT TO DINNER WITH FRIENDS. SHE SOUNDED UNUSUALLY "HAPPY" WHEN SHE GOT BACK GUESS THEY HAD DRINKS
MY SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEKEND IS NOT LIKE ANNIE'S AT ALL----->
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

ANNIE....MAYBE I'LL SIT UNDER MY FLOOR LAMP AND GET A "TAN" WITH YOU BUT THAT'S WHERE OUR WEEKEND ENDS!! HOPE YOU GET THE TIME TO DO ALL THAT STUFF ON THE LIST. SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THAT FRASSING ICE. YOU'RE WASHING THE BB'S SHEETS? IS HE COMING FOR A VISIT? DON'T REMEMBER READING THAT.
DANG WOMAN...YOU GOT A LOT DONE LAST NIGHT!! WOW!! HOPE YOU GET DOWN TIME THEN THIS WEEKEND!!

MICHELLE...GLAD THE MAMMO WENT OK AND FIONGERS CROSSED. SPEAKING OF SNOW PILES...GOOD THING I DON'T GO OUT IN THIS COLD WEATHER...NO ONE WOULD EVEN SEE ME T THE CORNERS! HOPE ALL YOUR WORK GOES WELL ON THIS NATIONAL PACKERS HOLIDAY!!! GO GREEN BAY!! WHILE I WAS DOING THE MICHAEL THURMOND PLAN IN 2003, I LOST 30 LBS AND ALSO LEARNED ABOUT PORTION SIZES. I BEGAN READING LABELS THAT YEAR AND WHAT AN EYE OPENER ONE SERVING SIZE WAS AND IT'S CALORIE COUNT!!! I AM SENDING YOUR BACK GOOD VIBES FOR THE PET SESSION!!
THE MAKE-UP: LAURA GELLER BRAND AND I GOT IT AT QVC.COM. SHE HAS A BIG LINE OF COSMETICS.
I BOUGHT "ESCAPE TO THE TROPICS" KIT OF "BALANCE'N'BRIGHTEN" & "BAKED" MAKE-UP. I ALSO BOUGHT "BARELY THERE" MOISTURIZER FOR MY "PRIMER". I LIKE FAIR AND JEN LIKES REGULAR(MEDIUM) BUT THE FAIR HAS A SHADE ALMOST ANYONE CAN USE. SO FAR I HAVEN'T BROKEN OUT ANY MORE THAN USUAL AND FACE HAS HEALED SO MUCH THAT CHRIS WAS SHOCKED WHEN HE SAW ME. HE REALLY DID SEE ME AT MY WORST. I LOOKED LIKE I HAD SMALLPOX!! JEN HAS SOME REDNESS NOW TOO AND THIS STUFF DOES A GREAT JOB. WHEN SHE FIRST USED IT TO GO TO FLORIDA, RICHIE GAVE HER ALL KINDS OF COMPLIMENTS ABOUT HOW GREAT SHE LOOKED. HERE'S THE LINK:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/a...117?venue=cgen

LAURA....JUST HIDE THE SILVERWARE BEFORE THE KID COMES I WILL EITHER BE WATCHING A ROMANCE MOVIE OR HARRY POTTER WEEKEND MARATHON. NOT A FOOTBALL FAN. THINK THE BOWL POLICE WILL COME AFTER US??? YOU CAN PUT YOUR FEET UP AND REST FROM THOSE BE WORKOUTS!
I HAVE THE SAME RANT AS YOU ABOUT SHOVELING...HIRE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GETTING FINED BY THE TOWN???? WAKE UP NEIGHBORS!!!
OK....I'M DONE YELLING FOR THE DAY!!

CEEJAY....I WROTE DOWN YOUR OTC MEDS THAT YOU BOUGHT. WILL PASS THAT ON TO JEN WHEN WE GO OUT NEXT TO WALMARTS. HOPE IT CONTINUES TO WORK. SENDING YOU A HUG TO GET YOU GOINGON SUNDAY :hug; ALSO HOPE THERE'S NOT TOO MUCH CATCHING UP TO DO!!

HAPPY.....HOPE YOU'RE NOT FREEZING DOWN THERE THIS WEEKEND. THE SNOW IN TEXAS IS A HOOT! HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND AND ENJOY IT!!

SHAD....THE FRASSING GRASSHOPPERS PROBABLY GOT DROWNED!! HOPE THE ROSES BLOOM & BLOOM!!! HAVE A GREAT BBQ TIME. WILL BE SITTING HERE THINKING OF THE GOOD SMELLS!!! IS IT TRUE THAT NO ONE WAS KILLED WITH THE STORM. I HEARD A BIT ABOUT THE LOOTING AND CROP DAMAGE ON BBC NEWS. THE TORN DOWN HOMES WERE HORRIBLE TOO. THEN THEY SHOWED EGYPT. JULIA NEEDS A VOICEBOX TRANSPLANT. I ALWAYS SAY THAT SOUND IS WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SPEAK FROM THE HEART BUT IT STOPS AT THE THROAT. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND I SURE HOPE SUNDAY RECOVERS FROM HER WEEKEND. KEEP HER COMPUTER CHAIR WARM!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #54  
Happy September

NEVERMIND...I JUST LOOKED AT THE PROFILE AND THINK IT'S A SCAM ADVERTISER.

Happy....i Usually Never Get Many E-mail Notices From 3fc For Posings But Got One Yesterday That Said Someone Is Saying Hello To You...a "plussizedotcom"....it's On The January Thread. Thought I'd Tell You In Case You Didn't Get The E-mail Notice.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-05-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's a cold Saturday. Wie started out with a light dusting of snow. The roads looked clear this morning but not sure that there wasn't some spots of black ice.
I'm feeling much better. Even did 15 minutes with Bob Harper last night. I bought a new cardio conditoning dvd. My goal is to work through the whole hour. My abs are a bit sore.
Weighed in this morning at 194.6 with out clothes and 196.6 with clothes. I haven't been hungry.
Sigh it's back to work tomorrow. I've gotten spoiled.
I've got a pot of veggie soup simmering and will bake some chicken tenders this afternoon.

Annie
Don't over do on the chipping away at the ice. and be extra careful. We're suppose to get more Monday night too.
Sounds like you get a good work out when you're at CVS.

Michelle
I didn't realize that TBL was on this season.
Glad the mammogram was not painful. That's my only dread of them.
I know for a fact that no one has completed my work. Reason--the boss has me on a different computer than every one else and no one except he has my password.

Mel
Stay warm today. Hope the seniors have fun with the super bowl party. I'm litterally not a fan of foot ball. Can't keep up with th ball.

Laura
You would not like it down in the south after a me major snow storm. We let things melt. I've never cleared my drive way. The highway dept does well to get the major intersections sanded.

Ellen and Happy and Shad--have a good saturday.

I didn't realize that my tv had music channel's. I'll get used to this, jazz, raggae, classical.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #56  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good just about afternoon to all,

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better. Have fun with the new exercise video. I have some old Bob Harper stuff from when he was doing the "Push" website stuff. You have inspired me to go make some crock pot beef vegetable soup. Thank goodness we didn't get the sleet or snow. Just some cold rain.

Mel - thanks for the warning - I thought that post looked rather odd and I see that person's posts have been deleted. I have seen Laura Geller makeup on QVC before - glad you found something that your skin likes too. Gotta look all dolled up for Chris It's ok if you don't watch football or the game on Sunday. I think your movies will be more interesting anyway. Have you decided on which to show? Hope no one bothers you and you can stay warm and snuggly.

Annie - you sure are getting socked with the snow this year. That's gotta be a real doozer under that ice. Be careful. Since when do you NOT work your arse off? You always seem to be very busy and active. But that's a good thing. Better than sitting in front of the TV or computer. Hope you don't get too much snow this weekend.

Michelle - hope you got all your reports finished. Naw, we're not doing anything special for DH - he just wants to get some chicken and watch the game so if that's what he wants, that's ok. I am looking forward to watching 3 of those episodes of An Idiot Abroad on the science channel tonight. I got a good laugh out of watching clips on You Tube last night - so much so that DH wanted to know what I was up to - whether I was laughing or choking. Thanks for recommending it. Good going on the portion control - the Lean Cuisine's are definitely smaller portions - I think because they add a carb over the Healthy Choice dinners. I'm glad you have found your groove on the WW plan. Hopefully you have all tomorrow for yourself so that you can sit down and completely enjoy the football game with DH.

Shad - I saw some video of Yasi - I can't believe the size of the storm - for us they said it would be like stretching from Pennsylvania to Nevada and from Atlanta to the Canadian border. That's like 2/3 of the country Is there ANYTHING left for crops out your way? That's about 8 dollars a pound for bananas - most I've EVER seen them out this way was a dollar a pound. Well they don't keep very long and you can't extend the life by chilling them so the robbers may demand premium prices for a few days but it won't last long or they will have a bunch of soggy good for banana bread only goods on their hands. It horrid how greedy people take advantage of things. Best to do is like you say - don't give in to them. Glad to hear your beautiful rose garden survived the weather woes.

Laura - good luck with your laundry mountain. I hope your unwanted guest does not show up tomorrow for the game party. Doesn't look like that snow is going to melt any time soon. There is a SEVERE cold warning for here for Wednesday. It's supposed to get to - ready for this ... 25 degrees. That's 25 degrees ABOVE zero Better pull out my snuggies.

Well I guess I have sat here long enough. Think I'll put a pot of crockpot vegetable soup on before I leave to head to the grocery store and pick up a card for DH.

Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #57  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Um. and yet another shot at posting....won't be much..got lotl's to do and a short amount of time to do it in.....

Sis got the hair colored and cut this morning. We hit the grocery early and avoided the rush.....no where has rock salt for the roads or driveway...so I shoveled as best I could....at least down to the ice that I didn't get chopped away then threw table salt on the rest of it.... I figured I didn't need it anyway....we will see how it turns out...lol

Gonna start on the mopping and vacuuming...as soon as I get off of here. Hope to be done by 4 :30 pm.

Love and Hugs....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Will get this done before I start on my day or I probably won't get it done at all.

BBq today. I got the potato salad done last night and some prep for the other salads. The Weber and the grill are all ready for use. A little more tidy up on the back yard and side yard and we are ready for guests. DS2 went out on the jetski yesterday, came home and said that there was something wrong with the jetski as it won't do the speed it is supposed to do (100kmh) and is only doing around 60kmh so he has to take it to the mechanic today. Then he got on the computer and talked to his friends and then went out. I haven't seen him since. No doubt he will be home at some stage. I hope so since I would like him to do the whippersnippering on the yard - that's a toy that I don't like using. Mine is supposed to be a self feeding thing but it never seems to work as it should. I have a real problem getting it to feed and to load it. His is better than mine so we will try to get him to do the job.

Happy - no wonder you were swearing at the little miss with the SUV. Strange how so many people think they are invincible in one of those. Advertising certainly did the job there. Hate how people seem to think they have the right of way every time.

Mel - Repeat after me. I am not getting sick, I am not getting sick. I am not. Good for Jen and the few drinks. Hope she had a great birthday.

Laura - Since we don't have snow here, and therefore I haven't seen a snow plough in years and years, I don't know the frustration. However I can remember going to school with snow and ice on the ground. Just one more way to look terrible in a uniform for me. If there was mud, I found it. If there was an iced over creek or puddle, I broke the ice. I was not a dress up doll type kid.

Michelle - Well done on the loss for the week. Just goes to show that you don't have to do gym work for hours or to hit the tablets. I can be done with a moderate amount of gentle exercise and good portion control. Keep going, keep it up.

Ceejay - glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better today. Can't blame you for dreading going back to work. I'm feeling much the same way myself

Annie - what a workout - housework, ice work, CVS work. Well done.

Ellen - how did the mall work go?

Went and got the fruit shopping yesterday. The price of bananas at my local centre was $5.98 and $5.96 which wasn't so bad, but I didn't buy any. I had a chat with the girls on the counter and they said that the boss was considering not carrying them if the price went up much more. I can't blame him, this is not a high end user area. At the moment we have all the stone fruit in from Victoria and Tassie and new seasons apples as well. Grapes are a reasonable price so why would anyone pay $3.00 for a banana? $5.96 per K equates to around $2.50lb and thats expensive enough anyway. Normally they are around $1.50 to $2 per K. I will really start to miss them when we only have oranges, apples, pears and citrus stuff available.

Anyway, I had better get on with my day. I'll start with the dining and living room because that will get me past the noise curfew and then I will think about outside. Fun, fun, fun and I have no idea how many will be at the bbq. At last guess it was around 10, but DS2 told me he had invited some of his friends and R has decided to bring his family after all, and a couple haven't replied to the invite but may just turn up. Oh happy days and then my friend Mick's wife rung me to say that Mick was in hospital and they might not make it, followed closely by Mick ringing me to say they would be there if he had to be wheeled in or dropped in by helicopter. Who knows if they will be here.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #59  

Height: 5'5"

Mall walk yesterday went well we went a little faster than monday did 3 rounds in an hour...not too shabby since I am pushing the stroller. Work today and tomorrow, did good with food, but hard to get exercise in unless I pace the office...Not feeling very well today I think DD1 gave me her cold...so far she and I are the only ones with symptoms. Not bad, but had to take cold meds to come in to work.

Tomorrrow will be a long day-12hrs, hopefully will get some rest tonight and be strong and ready to go tomorrow morning. Will try to post personal tomorrow as I don't think it will be very busy at all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #60  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
LOVELY SUNNY MORNING. VERY BRIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. LOOKS LIKE PEOPLE ARE MOVING INTO THE BLDG BEHIND ME. FINALLY!! SEEMS FUNNY NOT HEARING ALL THE BANGING GOING ON. MY COMPUTER IS IN SLO-MODE....IT MUST BE DOWNLOADING SOMETHING SECRETLY YOU TYPE AND IT SHOWS UP A 1/2 MINUTE LATER. NOT SURE WHO IS MORE OF A PAIN...THE HACKERS OR MC AFEE!!
WELL IT GIVES ME TIME TO READ YOUR POSTS NOW.
LET ME JUST SAY NOTHING IS NEW HERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY....GLAD TO HEAR YOU FEEL BETTER AND THE SNOW HAS STOPPED. WITH SOME LUCK AND HIGHER TEMPS LET US HOPE THE ICE LEAVES TOO! VEGGIE SOUPS SOUNDS GOOD. NICE WEIGH-IN AND EXERCISE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

HAPPY....ALMOST READY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY??? DID Y'ALL THAW OUT YET?? WHEN THEY BUILD NEW HOMES DOWN THERE THEY BETTER BEGIN WITH BIGER FURNACES I FORGOT TO ASK IF MOM IS HAPPY WITH YOUR PLANS ON MOVING NORTH AND CLOSER? NO SPECIAL MOVIES PLANNED...YESTERDAY I WAS CHANNEL SURFING AND FOUND GOOD BITS AND PIECES! I SAW BUTTERFLY ATTRACTING BUSHES ON SALE ON QVC BUT DIDN'T BUY ANY THOUGHT OF YOU AND DH THOUGH

ANNIE...I THINK EVERY TOWN HAS RUN OUT OF THE CHEMICALS FOR DEICING. WATCH OUT WHEN YOU GO OUT IN YOUR SPIKE HEEELS!!! HOPE SOME OF THIS DAY INCLUDES FUN FOR YOURSELF!

SHAD....SOUNDS MORE LIKE YOU BETTER COOK FOR 20+ PEOPLE!! WHIPPERSNIPPERING??? WTF IS THAT?? MOWING OR WEED WHACKING?? HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH THE BBQ EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT MUST BE A LOT OF WORK TOO.
MY MANTRA: I AM NOT GETTING SICK!!!

ELLEN....HOPE YOU AND DD FEEL BETTER. TOUG TO BE SICK AND HAVE A 12 HR DAY. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY NICE MALL WALKING!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.