Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #181  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE...Ms. Sneaker Inner today.....happy laundering...I did a load last night when I got home. It was dress clothes, so this morning I put them in the dryer for 10 minutes then I hang everything to finish drying. I have a load of towels to do if you could come by and finish that up, my laundry would be done. Could you let Hella B out to potty while you are at it and maybe give her one of her doggie cookies?

Loves to you my sista.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #182  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Yesterday after work, I was so exhausted that I took a nap before leaving for my book class. And lo and behold, I didn't wake up for a few hours and missed the class. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep because I still fell right asleep at 9:30 and slept through until morning. When I awoke, my back was really stiff and sore...but 5 minutes of "hanging around" on the inversion table made the world of difference! Tonight, I'll go to the gym and do the recumbent stepper and my PT exercises. My PT has given me just three exercises, and he wants me to focus on those and do them perfectly even if I can only do a few of each. He said it's about teaching my core muscles to hold my back, hips and pelvis in the correct way, rather than the way they've become accustomed to over the years.

Ceejay - Hope the landlord visit is productive and he takes care of whatever you need done. And I hope your dentist appt goes well.

Happy - Your pot luck lunch sounds really yummy. Sorry the that teeny bit of dessert left you feeling overstuffed. I've heard of restaurants doing shot glass sized desserts, but haven't had one yet. I've always thought Marie Callendar's restaurant philosophy was good..."Life is short, eat dessert first!". I've been craving a pumpkin shake at one of the local frozen custard places. I mentioned that to my PT yesterday who looked up the calories for a small (which is REALLY too small, so I'd get a medium or large). The small shake has 800 calories and 36 grams of fat. That's insane. I'm looking for yummy, low cal, low fat dessert type creations made with pumpkin to try and keep this pumpkin shake craving at bay.

Laura - I hope IT gets your laptop fixed soon. Sorry to hear about your difficult meeting.

Karen - So sweet of you to care about Betsy. I read the article Shad posted, and I hope Betsy does okay in her new surroundings.

Shad - I've never heard of dugongs. Here's a website that compares dugongs to manatees: http://www.sirenian.org/

Mel - I love your idea of eating dessert first and then portioning your dinner out of a shot glass! Can I ship my laundry to you so that you can do it for me? Or better yet, come to my house after you're done at Annie's so you could let my doggies out?

Annie - I haven't gotten a call yet from the doc to set up an appt for the diagnostic test. I'm sure they're trying to get the insurance to approve it. I may try calling tomorrow. The diagnostic test is the next step (and I'll need one or maybe two of those - done at different times). Then depending on the results will give an indication of what procedure would be better. In the meantime, I'm doing what I can at the gym, doing the PT exercises and "hanging around"....doing all of it just up to the point where it starts to feel a little uncomfortable and then stopping. Glad your pitch in went well. I love sauerkraut! How do you make sauerkraut relish?

Gotta get ready for an 8 am meeting!

Lots of love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
I'm doing laundry also. I'm waiting on the land lord. I'll call the office around 1.30 p.m. if they haven't made it and tell them where I am. I'll leave the door unlocked and the alarm off.

Happy
I have a friend who always eat their dessert first. The meal sounded yummy. Our department usually has our Thanksgiving meal next Wednesday.

Michelle
You did need that rest. Was this your first book club meeting?

Laura
i hate it when the hard drive crashes on my computer. Hope all the information was backed up. By the way how was the movie Secretariat?

Shad
What's on the agenda today? Have you made it down to line 294 yet?

My dentist appointment today is at 2 p.m. It's just for a cleaning but I want him to check my two front teeth. One I damaged when i was 6 years old and the other front tooth I think was damaged during sinus surgery. Still no word on my new glasses. Getting excited about those because the ones I have now are really scratched.
My goal today is to clean my bedroom. And go through a box of stuff in the shed.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #184  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, has this been an extremely busy week. I ended up having to bake another batch of brownies to bring to work for a party, so my weigh-in this week was HORRIBLE. It was back up to 183.5. I'm holding all kinds of water weight from the bad food that I had on Monday and Tuesday, then the brownies I ate yesterday. The brownies are only 86 calories, but they are also very very tiny (only like 1.5" squares). I did get a lot of my planned work over the weekend, but I've been slacking on schoolwork again this week. I also have not been counting calories since Sunday, so who knows how that's been. My 2 kids have 4 tests tomorrow, and they all of a sudden came to school today not remembering hardly anything, when they've known it perfectly the past 2 days. So stressful!!! I really want to make sure they are ready for their tests, so I guess I'll try to skip AR time today so that they can work some more on math (counting coins). I soo need a de-stressing day. My mom has a gift card to a really good spa here in New Orleans that our school gave her a little over a year ago. It's for $250! So she decided that instead of spending it all on herself and having a complete spa day, she's gonna share with me and the 2 of us are going to go get 80 minute massages!!!!! I can't wait, I really need it. I'm really need to try to make sure I check in here at least once a day. I stay on track so much better when I do.

Well time for me to make a social studies test for the kids to take after lunch. Hope everyone has been having a good week.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #185  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Visitor in the shower this morning. I didn't see it, but it took to DS2. A wee green frog. It's good to see them around here, but I'd rather they didn't come into the house. I'd better get that garden finished so they can live in there and hopefully breed.
Didn't do much yesterday unfortunately, I will just have to get into it today. And no I haven't got to the bottom of the list, never will, because I will just have to start again as soon as it gets there. While it is a list of to-do things, it is also a reminder of all the things that must be done around the house during a year. Not everything needs doing every day or every week.
It rained yesterday afternoon and most of the night, so things are a bit damp out there today. No matter, we can work inside. Get rid of some of the dust that seems to breed in here.

Mel - I've seen the Golden Girls thread around. Can't think where it is tho' I suppose I could always search for it. However I'd better do some work first or I'll be on the computer all day. Happy Laundry.
I'm not sure of the theory of eating desserts first - after all desserts is stressed spelled backwards and that's what you might be if you continue to eat desserts.

Annie - you must have been tired if you slept through the phone twice. Take it easy will ya. Life must have been interesting with all that cabbage inside you last night. You'd better set some sort of payment program up to keep from having to pay all the travel costs. Kids

Michelle - glad to hear that all that hanging about is doing the back some good. Hope the PT exercises work well enough to strengthen up those lazy core muscles. I well remember my trainer telling me that they were the hardest muscles to trim up, so work on 'em hard and then work some more.
Must be the short days that are making you all tired up there

CeeJay - Oh how I know the feeling of new glasses. My last pair were so bad that I could scarcely see out of them. While I don't mind the new pair, sometimes I have trouble seeing because they are so tiny and I can see over the top and underneath as well. Not the best look but just about all you can get in this fashion conscious society.

Zoochick - we all have weeks like yours. It's not good, however this is the worst time of the year for losing weight. It is not easy, so maybe just try to maintain through it and then get stuck in afterwards. Yumm on the massage. I'd love one right now. DS2 has a friend in Perth who runs a therapeutic and remedial massage business. He charges the earth, but oh it is so good when he is done. Last time I had one, I felt boneless for hours.

Okay - nearly forgot the rubbish man coming today and had to sprint out to the gate with the bin when I heard him. Just made it. So now I had better get on with my day and endeavour not to forget anything else.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #186  

Another quick check-in today. I got my laptop back around lunchtime today - actually a new laptop. The scary part is that they were finishing up the configuration and installed the encryption software and the same thing happened AGAIN as did yesterday!! The new laptop is okay and it is currently running the encryption thing in the background, but they think that the docking station or some other peripheral is causing problems, so they took away the docking station, unplugged my printer, switched out the keyboard, blah blah. The laptop is really hot - I'm going to phone IT before I leave today.

In other news - the scale stayed the same this morning.

I'll catch up with all of you at some point...for now, have a good evening/morning whichever the case may be in your part of the world.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #187  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Passing the frog baton from my swimming pool to Shad's shower.

Go nuts Mel - you know you want to
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #188  
Choose your hard

OMG Michelle- that's just insane for the Pumpkin Shake. Should have known tho' - Sonic Drive In out here is advertising one that looks fabulous but it's loaded with whipped cream and nuts. I'm sure it's a total calorie bomb. This recipe doesn't look too bad and sure is alot more tolerable in the calorie department. I like the graham cracker topping. It's from dairymakessense.com

Pumpkin Cheesecake Shake
Ingredients:
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin, chilled
3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1 container (6 ounces) low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups low-fat milk
6 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
Servings: 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cost/recipe: $3.04
Cost/serving: $0.51
Preparation:
Place the first 7 ingredients (except milk and graham cracker crumbs) in blender; blend until smooth. Add milk to blend with the mixture. Pour into glasses and top each serving with a teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs.

Nutritional Facts:
Calories: 150
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 135mg
Carbohydrates: 23mg
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Protein: 6g
Calcium: 20% Daily Value

You can probably add a few ice cubes to thicken it and give it more volume and a dash of clove if you like that seasoning.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #189  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TGIF!! I AM HAPPY FOR ANOTHER WEEKEND THAT LOOKS TO BE SUNNY. NOT GOOD FOR RIDING BUT I'LL TAKE IT.
MORE WASH IS WAITING FOR ME TO TAKE IT DOWNSTAIRS...I LOADED THE CART AND GOIT EVERYTHING OUT LAST NIGHT. TOMORROW IS THE SENIOR'S THANKSGIVING PARTY SO THE ROOM NEEDS SETTING UP AND THEN I WILL BE DONE FOR THE DAY.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY EVERYONE.

ANNIE...OK...BE RIGHT OVER. KLEAVE THE KEY UNDER THE MAT AND I'LL GET THE WASH AND BELLA ALL SORTED OUT THEN WE CAN BOTH DO THE HAPPY DANCE FOR FRIDAY THE PITCH IN SOUNDED YUMMY! I LOVE HOTDOGS!

MICHELLE...GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE DOING THINGS IN MODERATION. AT LEAST THIS TIME YOU'RE GIVING THE BACK A GOOD CHANCE OF "HEALING". SENDING MANY HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS SLEEP IS A GOOD THING...MOTHER NATURE'S WAY OF HEALING.

CEEJAY...CLEANING OUT A BOX IN THE SHED TOO?? YOU'RE ON A ROLL WITH CLEARING OUT STUFF THIS YEAR. HOPE THE 2 FRONT TEETH ARE OK! AND THE APPT WENT OK.

HAPPY....YOU KNOW I CRACKED UP WHEN I READ SHAD'S POST.....AND THEN YOURS TOPPED THE FUNNY METER!!OK....LETTING 'ER RIP!!!

SHAD....NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE FROGS GUESS HAPPY CAN SWIM SAFELY IN HER POOL!! TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T FIND HI,M EARLIER WHILE HER WEATHER WAS STILL WARM!! THESE FROGGIE STORIES ARE AMUSING CAUSE THEY'RE NOT HAPPENINGTO ME!!!
NOW GET OUT THERE AND BUILD THESE LITTLE GREEN GUYS A HOME OF THEIR OWN!!

OH SHOOT....HOPE I CAN POST THIS NOW CAUSE I JUST GOT CALLED DOWNSTAIRS AND MY PC DECIDED TO DOWNLOAD SOME MC AFEE JUNK...
CATCH YOU GUYS LATER.

KASEY....ENJOY THE SPA DAY WITH MOM. HOPE THE KIDS DOMOK WHEN IT'S TESTING DAY. GOOD LUCK TO THEM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #190  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Freaking Friday!!!!

Wooooo Hooooo!!! It's here!!!!! I'm working from home and have a bunch of stuff to get done ASAP, so I'll check in later when it's done and I can breathe for a minute.

Love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #191  
Annie - Indiana

TGIFFFFFFFF.....Got lots to do today...work and personal. Have only accomplished a small portion of it. Will try to pop back on later....
Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Every one seems to be busy today.

It's cold this morning. Took the trash to the curb with out a jacket and that north wind bit hard. I'm still shaking.

The land lord's men came and unstopped the kitchen sink. The clog was deeper than I realized but did find out that the plumbing runs to the attic, which I don't like. They had to use a power wash type thing to get it unclogged.
Dentist appointment was okay. Main thing was getting my teeth cleaned
and i'll go back in january to get the other teeth repaired. No cavities. He asked if i was still going to the gym and told him no. He then told me he was falling apart. i added one other thing to his list of ailments. It's mainly age related things. We are about the same age. He's having carpal tunnel surgery done in December.
I didn't get to do the things that I had planned yesterday so I'll try again today.
My neighbor came over this morning and brought some Christmas cards and said she was making a little gift bag for me. She brought an ornament and some gift bags and tissue wrap. The ornament is really cute, two little kittens playing with an ornament. She works at American Greetings and she said that A.G. would dispose of them. I was shocked. This neighbor is a Hurricane Katrina transplant.
It's time to get on with my day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #193  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Hoping things will stay quiet enough here to get in a decent post. This has been a very busy and hectic week for me. Glad to see Friday here. Will be even more delighted for the long weekend next weekend.

We will not be travelling back home for Christmas this year - watch it will be nice and dry and unseasonably warm I am trying to decide if I want to decorate for the holidays. I keep wavering back and forth and if I'm going to do it, next week is the time to get it done. I'm also trying to figure out what to do for the holiday shopping. Might shop online and send it to my sister or my Mom to wrap.

Ceejay - glad they got the clog out - sounds like something you would not be able to take care of on your own. When I lived in Chicago they had an Enesco office on Busse Highway in Elk Grove Village. At the back of the huge office was an outlet store open to the public. They had tons of thing - figurines, music boxes, giftware at discounts. It was a great place to pick up some low cost gifts. That's really nice of your neighbor to think of you. AG has some pretty stuff also.

Mel - somewhere in my house is a froggie item I picked up for you when I was at the Ozarks last year. I hope I can find it so you can sit there and dream about all the fun that Shad and I had. I hope you can get some sun and a little vitamin D in you this weekend. Hurry before the snow hits

Laura - I hope your laptop finally settled down. A suggestion besides the orange juice can is to also re-use a water bottle. I think the water would freeze harder than the oj and no danger of putting too much foot pressure and popping the side of the oj can off One day we also made an impromptu "heating pad" out of a Dasani bottle and hot water when my co-worker was suffering from back spasms. Just don't take water right from the hot water spigot on the coffee machine or you'll melt the bottle.

I had clam chowder for lunch and it's making me sleepy now. That or the fact that it's furgin' freezing in this building today

Shad - desserts don't have to always be fatty creamy things. I am starting to appreciate the French who have a piece of sweet tasty fruit - grapes or orange wedges for dessert. We also like vanilla yoghut with fresh berries. And I know some people - probably like you who are not sweets eaters but give them a plate of cheese or some savory crisps and they are in heaven! I used to like making a plate of several kinds of holiday cookies for DH and I to take to work this time of year but cookies have lost their appeal to not only me, but many people in the office it seems. Either that or we have a fuddy duddy office I got a new pair of glasses and had the same trouble you did with the lenses being too small. I wound up returning them. I can understand the fashion aspect of frames but do wish they'd keep a few traditional ones on hand for people whose prescriptions don't work with the fashion ones. I have seen a few old shows from the 70's lately and am in awe of those soup bowl sized frames we wore back then. Tiny eyes at the top of the frames and glasses sitting almost at the top of the lip line.

Kasey - enjoy your spa day with your Mom. That was really nice of her to share. I think it's more fun if you have someone with you. Ok, we're going to hold you to checking in each day, especially if it helps you stay on track. So.. where are you now?

Michelle - if you took a long nap and then were able to go right to bed for the night and sleep through, I'm sure you needed the extra rest. I think we all can benefit from the exercises your PT gave you. My posture was never that good but it's pretty bad now. I'm sure the eyes getting weaker and sitting at a computer doesn't help the cause of sitting erect! If they help you, pass them along! Have you decided what to do about next Friday yet? We're lucky - we get both days off - but then again you are in retail and I'm sure this is the whirlwind time of year for you. Year end freeze aside of course.

So Annie - how's the work week going with DD? Will you be pulling in extra time at CVS over the holidays or is your schedule pretty much set? Don't know how you could spare much more time out of your day / night anyway. The sauerkraut relish sounds very interesting. I love kraut but have never eaten it on a hot dog. Is that New York style? I like my Chicago dogs and keep the kraut with the Polish sausage when it should be

Lunch is over. Back to queries and reports. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #194  
Annie - Indiana

Today is buy one get one free at Starbucks but can only pick from Peppermint Mocha, Carmel Brulee' or Gingerbread. Of course, I chose Carmel Brulee' YUM...a little off plan, but oh so delish!!

Happy...the week has gone well with DD. She can charm the skin off a snake. She really is sweet and they all just love her. SHE PASSED HER DRUG TEST. I don't ever decorate for the holidays cause all I can think about is taking it all down. lol

Ceejay...glad you got your sink all unclogged that is about as bad as flushing the toitie and it going up and out. That is how our basement toitie went when I was married.

Chelle...just hanging around, are you? haha. You bet happy freakin' Friday. I am supposed to be off of CVS all weekend but already have people calling me wanting me to work for them on Sunday. Dang it. I have not answered them yet.

Mellie...it is supposed to be nice, 60 and sunny on Sunday here, of course if I work, I will miss the entire thing. Dilemma's dilemma's. The X used to collect frog stuff so I am not so keen on it, altho I do have a frog that my momma macrome'd. The tough thich string stuff. I cherish that.

Laura...how's the new laptop working out? Movies....my DD wants me to go see the new Harry Potter movie with her tomorrow. I really have no desire to see it, but will proabably go with her anyway.

Shaddie...I don't have frogs in my shower but ocassionally get crickets in the house, specifically in the bathroom. I always try to catch them and throw them out cause they will keep me up all night chirping. The slightest noises keep me awake.

Zoochickie...never bake things you cannot resist. That is why I buy chocolate for my candy jar at work. I can't stand chocolate. Now if it were popcorn or chips, look out scout. Or carmel, or hot balls, or sour somethings, I would eat the heck out of it.

Well, my eyes are growing heavy here at my desk....I think I need to either take a quick nap or get up and move.

Have a great Friday and weekend.

Loves and hugs
Old 11-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #195  
Annie - Indiana

We had our 50% off all CVS brand products today due to our win in the sales competition. I got 160 bucks worth of stuff for 80 bucks. Several Christmas presents out of the way and all my many vitamins and minerals I take for being bariatric. Body wash, beauty brushes for make up, facial cleaner, soup for casseroles. So very excited. Thank God it was pay day from both jobs....lol.