Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 05:04 PM   #1  

Default Moooooooooo 2

Hello my lovelies.

I wrote a big long post, but it said the website was busy, so it kicked it out. It was a fascinating post. You would have all enjoyed it.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:23 PM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Poor Wabby I hate it when that happens to me. I hope you post it again though. Thanks for the new thread. I like the name moo2.
I am back on track today. I walked the treadmill today but just did 15 minutes. My nose was dripping tomuch. I am going to walk it again tonight. I am saying 20 minutes at least tonight/
Dinner is going to be Chicken Breast and Mashed Potatoes. I love my carbs.
DH is going to be home all week and no go to Seattle. Geesh just when I want him gone he is here. I am female and ya can't please me.
Where are all the other cowsies today?
Brattie
Old 10-22-2002, 08:06 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone. And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's had the floor at her feet...

I feel your pain, brattie dear. Not being there when the kid's hurting is the pits. My DD broke her arm while DH and I were out in Idaho on vacation once. She was staying with her grandparents. Worse yet, it happened while we were out of reach of a phone, so we didn't hear for 3 or 4 days. What an awful feeling.

Hey, good for you getting on that treadmill, by the way. Keep it up! I have to get my mind into walking mode. I don't remember the last time I took a walk without poochie, so I'm not that eager, but geez, I really have to quit with the excuses. Somebody bark orders at me!

Yes we have insurance, if DH will get off his butt and call them.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 10-22-2002, 11:26 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I am so annoyed at having this new thread that I'm going to my room
Old 10-23-2002, 04:26 AM   #5  
The magic shrinking cow

Kiwi, I wish I knew what to say. As my doggies get older, I start to worry about them more and more. We've been together for almost a decade. When my dog from high school died (we had her from 1988 until 1992, when a logging truck took her from us at the age of seven) I was stationed overseas. I stood in the post office and cried for two hours. I'm not sure you ever get over the loss of a pet, especially a long-time best friend you've nursed for so long. She was lucky to have you.

I couldn't post last night because I felt so sad and didn't know if I could say anything that would help. DH also sends his condolences.

Segue into: I know it's early to think about this, but perhaps your higher power of choice will send you a new walking partner quickly. After I lost my cat (the one before Bob,) I left it up to the universe to decide when I was ready for another cat. The Universe sent me Bob.

On the other hand, maybe you need a cow to tell you to get out there! Go! WALK! Mooo-ve it!

I shouldn't talk. I skipped tonight's 3 mile run because of my weird calf bruise. I must have hurt myself by running too far, too fast, and too often. So I'm going to do Firms every other day for a couple of weeks.

Since exercising more and eating less didn't work, I'm going to try a new method. Exercising less and eating more. Let's see if it works.

Hi to all the other cows!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:03 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Talking Cherry is one year older but doesn't look it!

Hi Cherry Cow! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Eat more, exercise less sounds really good to me. Unfortunately, that's what I've been doing and it seems that I have blossomed up to 160. Dang! Will we ever get this right?

When I lived with my parents, we would always have animals "finding" us. They just showed up and most of them stayed a long time. We once had a duckling called Bob. And two gerbils called Ping and Pong.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:01 PM   #7  

Hmmmm. I couldn't possibly exercise less or eat any more, so I guess the new theory won't work with me.

Now how did I miss the Cherry girls b-day?!!!!Happy birthday, Cherry! Hope it was lovely!

I know I keep telling you cowsies about this, but the weather here is soooooo beautiful. Sunny and warm. I can't believe this is my beloved drippy Oregon.

My Mr. Macho Dh actually went to a fake n bake tanning salon so that he won't burn once he's on vacation. This is sooo against his cowboy image!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:04 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Isn't it odd...

..how good a name Bob is for a pet?

Hope you had a good birthday, Cherry. Thanks for the condolences. It's very disconcerting, not having your constant companion around -- today I was cooking dinner -- ham, brown rice, Swiss chard with garlic -- and I was sad not to have those pleading eyes staring at me looking for handouts! Nobody else is ever quite so appreciative of my cooking...

I'm duly jealous of your weather, Wabbit. Hope you're getting out and enjoying it. It's been clear and sunny here, but pretty cold.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 10-23-2002, 09:48 PM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

I'm cranky.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:04 AM   #10  
Miss. Brat

Wabby I love the weather here to. It isn't as warm as Oregon even though I am just about an hour from Portland. The days are fine it is the nights that freeze me.
We are going to the beach this weekend! YEAH! Have you stayed at the Chautauqua Lodge Wabby?
Cherry Happy Late Birthday!
Lush get uncranky!
SugP I love the names Ping and Pong that is too cute.
Peachy are you still pouting in your room?
Had a great day with DH, I am over my cold, still on plan... Life is great.
Off to watch The Bachelor!
Hugs, Brattie
Old 10-24-2002, 06:23 AM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Of course i had to send personal condolences in a letter to kiwi,cause i know you all know how i had my nervous breakdown when we had a puppy in the house----i didn't want you to sneer at me----as you know i am capable of niceness sometimes and whoever kiwi loves,i love too---- IT IS FREEZING HERE ,SO WABBY CAN THE WARM AND SUNNY TALK!!!! CHERRY====IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO HOLLER AT ALL OF US!!!!so---Frappe is moving back to america!!! she is overjoyed i am sure!!! I AM CRANKY TOO----PMS AND MY FAT ARSE ARE GETTING ME DOWN.is it time to accept that we are all doomed to cowhood FOREVER????WILL i have this apron gut til the bitter end?????
Old 10-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #12  

Aaaah, Bagzie, don't give up hope! When hope is gone, that's when we really go downhill!!! At least if I think there's a sliver of hope left, I make a weak effort to control my eating. Besides, dahling, we do know that fat arse's are hard to remove surgically, but apron guts can be snipped and tightened like magic. Even though my, ahem, toned and tightened belly has a bit more of a roundness to it than last spring, at least it has no crinkly skin hanging around. And I will shut up w/ the sunny talk - it's gray and foggy today.

Brattie, nope never been there. Where on the coast is it located? I'm glad to hear you're having a good day, you deserved one of those .

Lush, you telling us something we didn't know??? Elaborate. We love the company of misery.

Bob is a great duck name. Did you find him bobbin' along in the water?

Peaches, you can come out of your room now. How are you going to make Herbie insanely jealous if you stay in your room. Don't they say the best revenge is living well? Any eligible sugar daddy's in dogpatch? Letty should have some advice for you.

Hi Kiwi and Cherry too! Welcome back to the states, Frappe (in case you're lurking).
Old 10-24-2002, 01:56 PM   #13  
Miss. Brat

Is Peachy Poo Poo in her room with a dare I say MAN!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Default Bob

Well... actually one of my brothers found Bob right in the middle of a street where cars were racing by him. When we got him home, we put him in a bowl of water 'cause we thought "Hey, ducks like to swim". THEN we phoned the local Bird Lady who had dedicated her life to saving hurt and helpless birds and she said "For heavens sake, take him OUT, he'll freeze to death because he doesn't have any of that oil on his feathers yet". That's why she's the Bird Lady and we're not. We wrapped him up in a towel and he was fine. Our neighbourhood wasn't zoned for ducks, unfortunately, so we couldn't keep him for long, but he sure was cute.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:24 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

So, Sugar, what you're saying is that Bob got his name from the way he bobbed about forlornly in the bowl of water...
Closed Thread